No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No teh church was consumed by much of the paganism of the Roman EMpire and then assumed teh throne of the empire.

We as the body of Christ were never called to become a political power like the RC Church became. And it came with a great price. When the Roman church became the predominant church in Europe- it threw Europe into the near Millenial long dark ages! It took the REformation to once again bring the truth of Gods Word to light for all to read and study for themselves.

Please explain matt 16:18-19

I took the so called reformers and the so called reformation?
Really
By what authority?
They are not apostles!
Excommunicated heretics do not reform what God has founded!

where does the Bible say yo have a reformation now or 1500’s or anytime?

the church is divine! Cannot be reformed or God did not make it perfect!
Church cannot teach error! Or God is the author of error

The nature of the church is authority in hierarchy producing order!
Unity of the truth (thee faith) and the spirit!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one has authority to read or study scripture for himself and form his own doctrine!

We must be taught by the church of Christ!
Lk 1:4 instructed:
Matt 28:19 church of apostles commanded to teach all nations:

Which church of Christ? The Churches of Christ in Australia? The Church of Christ USA?

How would I find this church of Christ in Brisbane?

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I get what you're saying but I would say Jesus is still in charge and has no successor. He is the Chief Shepherd and always will be (1 Peter 5:4). He alone is the Head of the church (Ephesians 4:15-16). The question is, does he always keep a right hand man in this life to direct the affairs of the church? No. He never did. Plurality of elders has always been his modus operandi.
Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father. He is not physically in the world. He sent the Holy Spirit to represent Him on earth, to dwell within Christian believers. When Jesus said that He would never leave us nor forsake us, it meant that the Holy Spirit so fully represents Him within Christian believers it is exactly the same as having Jesus living in them.

The Holy Spirit's ministry is to put Jesus forward. He does not speak of Himself, but reflects exactly what Jesus has to say to every Christian believer. The Scripture says that having the indwelling Holy Spirit is exactly the same has having the Father and Son living within. In fact, Christian believers having the indwelling Holy Spirit are actually closer to Jesus than those who had Jesus physically living among them during His time on earth.

Therefore, it is not the church that teaches us the way of eternal life. It is Jesus Himself, totally committed to the will of the Father, who teaches us through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Only in the church of the apostles
In unity and faith eph 4:5

as opposed to thousands of Protestant denominations all teaching contradictions
No unity of the body or doctrine
Not so. In my 50 years of my Christian walk, I have been associated with Pentecostal, Charismatic, Anglican, Baptist, and Presbyterian churches, and they all teach the important basic gospel of Christ. The differences between them are generally cosmetic and have more to do with church government than differences in essential doctrines leading to salvation and growth in grace.

'Thousands of denominations teaching contradictions' is a satanic lie perpetrated by fraudulent popery and priestcraft.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
explain matt 28:19-20
Christ sends his apostles to teach the nations and says I am with you (the apostles) until the end? The apostles must remain until the end teaching the nations and making disciples by baptism the promise of the father acts 2:38-39
Promise is a sacred oath or sacrament
The church of the New Testament was corrupted by papal politics, adultery, fornication and murder. The fraudulent church that claims Apostolic succession is teaching doctrines of devils and leading millions of people to share hell with the devil and his angels. The fraudulent church does not teach the Apostles' doctrine. It teaches the false and vain imaginations of ungodly religious inhabitants of a Vatican that is rife with the darkness of homosexual orgies and prostitution. Martin Luther's disillusionment with Rome when he visited there resulted from seeing exactly the same corruptions in his time. Pope John Paul I was determined to bring sweeping reforms to clean up the Vatican and as a result he was murdered by those in the Vatican who wanted things to remain as they were.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which church of Christ? The Churches of Christ in Australia? The Church of Christ USA?

How would I find this church of Christ in Brisbane?

the church of Christ is not a denomination but the universal church

There is only one true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors is the new covenant body of Christ! Matt 16:18 One fold
Jn 10:16 the household of faith! Gal 6:10

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Four marks (characteristics) of the true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

One:
Holy:
Catholic:
Apostolic:

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Only one church! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
Jn 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 22:9

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. In my 50 years of my Christian walk, I have been associated with Pentecostal, Charismatic, Anglican, Baptist, and Presbyterian churches, and they all teach the important basic gospel of Christ. The differences between them are generally cosmetic and have more to do with church government than differences in essential doctrines leading to salvation and growth in grace.

'Thousands of denominations teaching contradictions' is a satanic lie perpetrated by fraudulent popery and priestcraft.

how can you have growth in grace per your Protestant doctrine you are declared righteous forensically by grace

only in the sacraments and Holy sacrifice of the mass and prayer fasting alms virtues or works can there be a growth of grace

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the fact that there is more than one is proof that you don’t have the unity of the spirit or the unity of the spirit of truth
The one Lord has one faith or baptism of eph 4:5 in the one true church founded by Christ on Peter

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church of the New Testament was corrupted by papal politics, adultery, fornication and murder. The fraudulent church that claims Apostolic succession is teaching doctrines of devils and leading millions of people to share hell with the devil and his angels. The fraudulent church does not teach the Apostles' doctrine. It teaches the false and vain imaginations of ungodly religious inhabitants of a Vatican that is rife with the darkness of homosexual orgies and prostitution. Martin Luther's disillusionment with Rome when he visited there resulted from seeing exactly the same corruptions in his time. Pope John Paul I was determined to bring sweeping reforms to clean up the Vatican and as a result he was murdered by those in the Vatican who wanted things to remain as they were.

matt 16:18 the gates of hell shall NOT prevail against the church militant

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
how can you have growth in grace per your Protestant doctrine you are declared righteous forensically by grace

only in the sacraments and Holy sacrifice of the mass and prayer fasting alms virtues or works can there be a growth of grace
The New Testament knows nothing of sacraments, the mass and prayer fasting ceremonies. All these are frauds to deceive people away from the true gospel. All these are part of the synagogue of Satan and the end result is judgment and hell for those who are deceived into thinking they are worshiping God through them.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
the fact that there is more than one is proof that you don’t have the unity of the spirit or the unity of the spirit of truth
The one Lord has one faith or baptism of eph 4:5 in the one true church founded by Christ on Peter
The church that claims foundation on Peter is guided by a demonic religious spirit and not the Holy Spirit. It's teaching is corrupted and fraudulent.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
matt 16:18 the gates of hell shall NOT prevail against the church militant
Jesus is talking about the true church made up of genuine born-again believers in Christ, not the fraudulent corrupted counterfeit that calls itself the true church. What you call the church militant is the strange woman of Proverbs whose house leads the unwary right down into hell.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Not at all.
The Church was not founded on Peter the rock, but rather on the revelation of Jesus as The Son of God, that Peter realized.
Jesus is the "cornerstone", not Peter.
Jesus is the Rock...

1 Corinthians 10:4

“And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ"

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain matt 16:18-19

I took the so called reformers and the so called reformation?
Really
By what authority?
They are not apostles!
Excommunicated heretics do not reform what God has founded!

where does the Bible say yo have a reformation now or 1500’s or anytime?

the church is divine! Cannot be reformed or God did not make it perfect!
Church cannot teach error! Or God is the author of error

The nature of the church is authority in hierarchy producing order!
Unity of the truth (thee faith) and the spirit!

Satan sits on the front seat in many "churches" .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Testament knows nothing of sacraments, the mass and prayer fasting ceremonies. All these are frauds to deceive people away from the true gospel. All these are part of the synagogue of Satan and the end result is judgment and hell for those who are deceived into thinking they are worshiping God through them.

just one for example
baptism

The promise (sacred oath or sacrament) of the father acts 2:38-39 with reference to ez 36:25-27

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Jn 3:5 born again by water and the spirit.

Hebrews 8:6
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. Based on Jer 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

A promise is a sacred oath or sacrament!
Baptismal regeneration is the promise of the Father for union in the new covenant!

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation

Better covenant on better promises

2 Timothy 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

An oath to sacramental life in the new covenant in union with the mediator and communion with God, and the saints!

Promise of the Father acts 2:23-39
Promise is an oath and an oath is a sacrament! This promise of the sacrament of baptism refers to ez. 36:25-27

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you did not answer
If you accept a forensic declaration of justification by faith alone then that is your state and it cannot change
No growth in grace or holiness

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Satan sits on the front seat in many "churches" .

Satan created many denominations and his ministers are in the pulpits as well as seated on the first 3 pews.

FYI.....there are no "denominations in heaven", there are only the born again.

Denominations are Man Made, while Christianity is Christ made.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
[QUOTE="theefaith, post: 956630, member: 9099"

The church and the seven sacraments are necessary for salvation
[/QUOTE]

Not true.

Let me show you the Gospel as Salvation. = All that is necessary for salvation is the work of God.

1.) "The work of God is that you believe on Jesus, the One whom God sent".

2.) Jesus said, "if you do not believe im the Messiah, you will die in your sins".

3.) "without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness".

4.) "Jesus, after He had purged our sins with His blood, sat down on the right hand of the Father., the Majesty on High.".

5.) "All that call on the name of the Lord, shall be SAVED".

6.) "As many as believed in Jesus, ... God gave them power to BECOME the Sons of God"..

Now, do you see a sacrament in any of that??
Do you see any water?
And why not?
Because water and cookies and juice and Popes, and Mary, and commandments, have nothing to do with the BLOOD ATONEMENT.

All that will get you into the family of God and thus, into heaven, is "the finished work of Jesus on the Cross".

water, popes, mary, commandments, lifestyle, being good, enduring, .......need not apply.
All doctrines of devils that teach all that cursed theology ... Galatians 1:8 need not apply.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan created many denominations and his ministers are in the pulpits as well as seated on the first 3 pews.

FYI.....there are no "denominations in heaven", there are only the born again.

Denominations are Man Made, while Christianity is Christ made.

I can finally agree with you! Amen!