No authority!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Faith alone' is condemned in the scriptures (James 2:24). Don't confuse that with "righteousness apart from works" (Romans 4:5). They are not the same thing. Don't condemn Protestants just because even most of them don't know the difference but in truth really do defend Romans 4:5, not the dead faith of James 2:24.

I think your fundamental stumbling block is that you do not understand that the church, the body of Christ, is Christ himself, not a denomination of assembled people (yes, your church is a denomination) who perform supposedly accurate and, therefore, acceptable religious ceremonies and rituals.

You get connected to Christ's body when you receive the Spirit in salvation through faith. That's what makes you a part of his body, just like how your spirit inhabits your arms and legs. And so it is with Christ's body. Only those members in which his Spirit is in are connected to and a part of his body. Religious walls and barriers and rituals and ceremonies are not what determines who is an arm or a leg of Christ's body. Faith in Christ does.

no you get connected to Christ’s body by baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it backwards. You don't need a religious organization to be saved. Religious organizations are for saved people.

the church and Christ are one
Christ is the mediator of the new covenant church
It teaches the truth

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jesus Christ does not abandon His holy bride! Matt 28:19-20

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword:

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

1 Timothy 3:15
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

is necessary for the unity and truth and sanctification of the Holy Spirit

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
chapter and verse for that? So that you can make your teaching clearer and more substantiated.

Take a wild trip through the book of Jeremiah to see what the LORD thinks of the queen of heaven.
Read galations chapter four . And verse twenty six .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gal 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

the condemnation of the false queen of heaven is a verity that there must be a true queen of heaven
Just like condemning false Christ’s proves that there is a true Christ

in the line of kings of david the mother of the king is always queen
Jesus is king of heaven so Mary is queen of heaven

rev 12:1 queen in heaven
And it sure aint the roman catholic church . Please tell me you are not saying that the woman in revelation chapter
twelve IS that church .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church has long forgotten something .
We saw another preaching and doing miracles in your name , but we forbode him cause HE is not following with us .
HELLO ROME , For ROME says , we see many others who are preaching in the name of JESUS
and doing miracles , but WE FORBID THEM , cause they DONT FOLLOW US . HELLO THEE FAITH . Does it sink in yet .
That church is dangerous and you must flee the unholy roman catholic church . She is a grave and deadly danger unto all
who enter her chambers .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it sure aint the roman catholic church . Please tell me you are not saying that the woman in revelation chapter
twelve IS that church .

must is Mary the prototype of the church
Queen of heaven and our spiritual mother

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

Mary is Spiritual Mother of Christians!

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Mary is spiritual Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Just as Eve was the mother of all the living
Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

In the communion of saints She is Mary help of Christians who consented to our salvation and gave us the savior! The mother of our salvation! Lk 1:28 Lk 1:30 Lk 2:30

Queen Esther is a type of Mary

Both are Queens
Both are fair
Both find favor, Ester with the king, Mary with God. Lk 1:30
Both intercede for the salvation of their people. Lk 1:38 Mary consents to our salvation!

2:16 So Esther was taken unto king Ahasuerus into his house royal in the tenth month, which is the month Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign.

17 And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti.

18 Then the king made a great feast unto all his princes and his servants, even Esther's feast; and he made a release to the provinces, and gave gifts, according to the state of the king.

5:1 Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in the royal house, over against the gate of the house.

2 And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near, and touched the top of the sceptre.

3 Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the kingdom.

4 And Esther answered, If it seem good unto the king, let the king and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.

5 Then the king said, Cause Haman to make haste, that he may do as Esther hath said. So the king and Haman came to the banquet that Esther had prepared.

6 And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed.

7 Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is;

8 If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said.

9 Then went Haman forth that day joyful and with a glad heart: but when Haman saw Mordecai in the king's gate, that he stood not up, nor moved for him, he was full of indignation against Mordecai.

7:1 So the king and Haman came to banquet with Esther the queen.

2 And the king said again unto Esther on the second day at the banquet of wine, What is thy petition, queen Esther? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? and it shall be performed, even to the half of the kingdom.

3 Then Esther the queen answered and said, If I have found favour in thy sight, O king, and if it please the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catholic church has long forgotten something .
We saw another preaching and doing miracles in your name , but we forbode him cause HE is not following with us .
HELLO ROME , For ROME says , we see many others who are preaching in the name of JESUS
and doing miracles , but WE FORBID THEM , cause they DONT FOLLOW US . HELLO THEE FAITH . Does it sink in yet .
That church is dangerous and you must flee the unholy roman catholic church . She is a grave and deadly danger unto all
who enter her chambers .

not even a good analogy
He was only casting our demons not what you alluded to

Only one church! Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
Jn 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Christ and his church are one! Acts 22:9

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there’s another church? Jn 10:16
It aint the roman catholic church .
And the point i was making in the other statement is , We dont need that church . WE need only Christ
and the true lambs will gather with other true believers who love the LORD .
Lambs dont follow any church or churches that teach false doctrine . And i got bad news , the catholic church
teaches some serious false doctrines . Surely you would agree that the mormon church is not the one true church .
cause we can see they preach falsehoods big time . WELL , you need to see that so too does the roman catholic church and
of course so do many within even the protestant realm . lambs feed from the truth , not from false ones .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not even a good analogy
He was only casting our demons not what you alluded to

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Christ and His church ARE INDEED ONE .
And Rome aint it . Any church , any church that teaches blantant falsehoods and pratices deadly blasphemous things
is not the church . THEY DID and they still do teach dangerous and deadly things .
Thus if any man teaches otherwise , paul and others would have said to FLEE such ones .
SO i flee that church . I can only pray others will flee it as well .

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe any one church is the true church. That's why I quit looking for it. I think you arrive at the complete truth of God through your own journey of discovery and discernment as you read your Bible and fellowship with other believers who also read their Bibles. That way you don't only get the narrow denominational view of the particular church you are attending.

That's just me. Everyone has to make their own decision about where they will go to church, and even if they will go to a formal church service at all. Personally, I came to the conclusion that formal church was a waste of time. I felt I was serving a tradition that I thought God wanted me to tough out but which, honestly, did little to nothing for me spiritually and kept me from being a spiritual blessing to others. Right now I learn more from talking to my brothers and sisters on line.
I don't agree with that. In ancient Israel, the nation was to gather “in order that they may listen and in order that they may learn.” (Deut. 31:10-12) Jews in the first century had the custom of going to the synagogues to read from the Scriptures. (Luke 4:16; Acts 15:21) This emphasis on meeting together continued with the formation of the Christian congregation, and it is still a major part of our worship. True Christians “consider one another to incite to love and fine works.” We need to keep on “encouraging one another, and all the more so as [we] behold [Jehovah’s] day drawing near.”—Heb. 10:24, 25.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the point i was making in the other statement is , We dont need that church . WE need only Christ
Lambs dont follow any church or churches that teach false doctrine . And i got bad news , the catholic church
teaches some serious false doctrines . Surely you would agree that the mormon church is not the one true church .
cause we can see they preach falsehoods big time . WELL , you need to see that so too does the roman catholic church and
of course so do many within even the protestant realm . lambs feed from the truth , not from false ones .

only need Christ?
Christ ascended to heaven!
What now? mall we have is His church the new covenant his kingdom on earth
Under the authority of the apostles
Hierarchical authority of Peter the apostles and their successors
Moral authority : teaching
Jurisdictional authority: governing
Spiritual authority: life of grace thru the sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

the true church of Christ cannot teach error or Hod would be the author of error
Lk 10:16 matt 28:19 Jn 8:32 and 1613

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Rome aint it . Any church , any church that teaches blantant falsehoods and pratices deadly blasphemous things
is not the church . THEY DID and they still do teach dangerous and deadly things .
Thus if any man teaches otherwise , paul and others would have said to FLEE such ones .

give me an example of false teaching you are referring to?

perpetual Virgin Mary mother of God???

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

that verse does not give you a personal salvation a personal covenant and personal faith
Only one new covenant one Lord one faith one baptism eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree with that. In ancient Israel, the nation was to gather “in order that they may listen and in order that they may learn.” (Deut. 31:10-12) Jews in the first century had the custom of going to the synagogues to read from the Scriptures. (Luke 4:16; Acts 15:21) This emphasis on meeting together continued with the formation of the Christian congregation, and it is still a major part of our worship. True Christians “consider one another to incite to love and fine works.” We need to keep on “encouraging one another, and all the more so as [we] behold [Jehovah’s] day drawing near.”—Heb. 10:24, 25.

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus is one with His church!
Acts 22:9 Saul, Saul why do you persecute me? Saul was persecuting the church!

Seek first the kingdom of God, seek ye first the church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Jesus Christ is the treasure and the field is His Holy church!

The holy church is necessary for salvation!

The church is not a democracy, it is a kingdom, with a king!

Four marks (characteristics) of the true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

One:
Holy:
Catholic:
Apostolic:

The authority of the church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 acts 9 eph 2:20

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword:

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Error
All members / believers are the church, only Peter and the apostles have authority, and power to bind and loose, to teach, govern and administer and discipline the church!

Must be in the new covenant, by union with the mediator we are in communion with each other and God!

Nature of the church is found in a
Hierarchy, thru the ordained ministerial priesthood of Melchezedek, not the royal priesthood of believers!
Vicarious nature of Christ continuing His mission and ministry in the church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and jurisdictional authority!

Unity of the church

Obedience to Christ and His church

Necessity of the church for salvation

3 fold office of the church

Who founded the church

What are the four marks of the true church?

Heresy
“The Invisible Body of Believers.”

Body of Christ
Church a sign and means of grace

Only way to God is thru salvation in Jesus Christ, the only way to Christ is they His church!

pearl of great price in the church

Many are called few are chosen Matt 22:14

Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The church and Jesus Christ are one Union: Acts 9

Initiation into the new covenant church:
Faith and baptism

Necessary for salvation:
Jesus Christ the savior

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Successors)

Instructed by the church as by Christ:

Church possesses the infant treasury of Christ’s merits

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Saul Saul why does Thou persecute me?
Saul was persecuting the church, and therefore Christ! Jesus Christ and His church are one! Jesus Christ continues the work of redemption and the life of grace by His holy church!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Christ and His church are one and necessary for salvation!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 eph 2:20

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

one church jn 10:16

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it backwards. You don't need a religious organization to be saved. Religious organizations are for saved people.

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Jesus is one with His church!
Acts 22:9 Saul, Saul why do you persecute me? Saul was persecuting the church!

Seek first the kingdom of God, seek ye first the church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter and the apostles and their successors!

Matthew 13:44
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Jesus Christ is the treasure and the field is His Holy church!

The holy church is necessary for salvation!

The church is not a democracy, it is a kingdom, with a king!

Four marks (characteristics) of the true church founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles!

One:
Holy:
Catholic:
Apostolic:

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Two edge sword:

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sacraments

Error
All members / believers are the church, only Peter and the apostles have authority, and power to bind and loose, to teach, govern and administer and discipline the church!

Must be in the new covenant, by union with the mediator we are in communion with each other and God!

Nature of the church is found in a
Hierarchy, thru the ordained ministerial priesthood of Melchezedek, not the royal priesthood of believers!
Vicarious nature of Christ continuing His mission and ministry in the church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and jurisdictional authority!

Unity of the church

Obedience to Christ and His church

Necessity of the church for salvation

3 fold office of the church

Who founded the church

What are the four marks of the true church?

Heresy
“The Invisible Body of Believers.”

Body of Christ
Church a sign and means of grace

Only way to God is thru salvation in Jesus Christ, the only way to Christ is they His church!

pearl of great price in the church

Many are called few are chosen Matt 22:14

Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

The church and Jesus Christ are one Union: Acts 9

Initiation into the new covenant church:
Faith and baptism

Necessary for salvation:
Jesus Christ the savior

Ephesians 5:32
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. (Successors)

Instructed by the church as by Christ:

Church possesses the infant treasury of Christ’s merits

Matthew 18:17
And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Saul Saul why does Thou persecute me?
Saul was persecuting the church, and therefore Christ! Jesus Christ and His church are one! Jesus Christ continues the work of redemption and the life of grace by His holy church!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

7 And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink.

10 And there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

14 And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.

Christ and His church are one and necessary for salvation!

Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 Jn 21:17 eph 2:20

one church jn 10:16

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“These kings” refers to the Roman Empire
The body of Christ the church of Christ conquered the Roman Empire
To the victor go the spoils
Viva Christ the King!

No teh church was consumed by much of the paganism of the Roman EMpire and then assumed teh throne of the empire.

We as the body of Christ were never called to become a political power like the RC Church became. And it came with a great price. When the Roman church became the predominant church in Europe- it threw Europe into the near Millenial long dark ages! It took the REformation to once again bring the truth of Gods Word to light for all to read and study for themselves.

Reactions: amigo de christo