'No Immortal Soul'? (Challenge)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3
Yes he is....but I don't believe that the way you interpret that verse, says what you think it does. That was addressing the collective body of the elect, not the individuals within the body of Christ.
He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.
So is water manifest in 3 presentations....but does that make it God?
The number 3 in the Bible is used basically for emphasis not to describe three parts of God himself.
Eccl 4:12...Isa 6:3....Rev 4:8....Ezek 21:2....Matt 26:354....John 21:15-1....Acts 10:13-16...Rev 8:13.
God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.
God was speaking to his "master workman", (Prov 8:30-31) the one "through whom" all things were created. (Col 1:15-1; John 1:2-4)
You do understand agency I hope....
So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?
Since we are not allowed to discuss the trinity here, let's just say I strongly disagree with that statement because it is based on assumption, not biblical facts. Assuming the first to be true does not make the second any truer. Your equation does not add up.
1+1+1= 3...not 1.

"What is that?" Not the truth IMO.
2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.
Where in the Bible will I find such a statement? I am not a spirit....I am a 100% mortal human, and man was not created to be anything but a mortal earth dweller. Earth was never meant to be a training ground for heaven...it was lovingly designed to be our permanent home.

When Adam was first created he was not told that "heaven or hell" were the only destinations after death....he was actually told that death was the end of life. (Gen 3:19)....in fact the "tree of life" was there in the garden to guarantee that mortal fleshly life could be extended for all eternity, if they obeyed their God. (Gen 3:22-24) Death was only the penalty for disobedience.....no disobedience would have meant no death at all. Imagine what that would have meant...?

The Jews never believed in an afterlife from their scripture....they adopted that notion later from Greek influence. They held to the hope of a resurrection as Jesus taught. (John 5:28-29; John 11:21-23) This was a return to life as Jesus demonstrated with Lazarus. (John 11:11-14) Where was Lazarus before Jesus raised him up? Jesus said he was "sleeping". (Eccl 9:5, 10)
What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".
The Bible defines a "soul" as a living, breathing creature.....the word in either Hebrew or Greek never means a disembodied spirit....again that comes from pagan religions along with "heaven or hell" as the only destinations for a "soul" after death.
If there is no immortal soul, (and the Bible never mentions one) there is no reason to invent places for them to go....especially ones that are not taught in scripture and that are totally a disgusting misrepresentation of God's loving personality. (Jeremiah 7:31)
What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".
Oh good grief...please tell me where I will find such a notion taught in the Scriptures? No ambiguous verses.....just direct statements saying that "the spirit is the real you"....and that those "not born again" are "going to Hell"....

The "born again" status is claimed by so many, but when we question them about it, and the reason why they are so chosen....and what their choosing means in real terms for the future?....what is the purpose of being "born again"?....the silence is deafening.

Please enlighten us as to what you think it means....?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'No Immortal Soul'? (Challenge)

Some mortals will put on immortality.
Some mortal will not put on immortality.

Answer is some souls will live forever, some will not.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Terrestrial (of the Earth) man:
IS a body
HAS a soul
HAS a spirit

The body, soul, spirit ALL have the same identity of the NAME given the man.

Man never Becomes a spirit.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore there are those who build up their spiritual body while here on earth, and then there will be some of those who will be given a resurrection even after this life however it will be condemned in some way. All souls are going to be resurrected... this is what is meant by the 'immortal soul', are you someone who believes that all people are resurrected when they die from this world. Are people spiritually born again spiritually resurrected in newness of life in Christ, yes, some people will receive some form of life, given by God... because he chooses to.

Some people believe that souls will be destroyed and annihilated all for God's glory, but what do you believe about these things is up to you. Yahava is good, spirit, and a giver of good gifts, and he will reward all good and bad at the end of life, and there is the outside of the kingdom and inside of the kingdom to consider in Revelation 21-22.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that God created man in his image in order that his image would be able to hold his spirit, in this life as one goes about it. Of course to partake in working with Yahava, and letting Yahava work in and through you to do his good works, is totally up to individuals who willingly seek out God in faith, to Love God, and to love others as yourself. Sure there is the spirit of Man, and the spirit of the world, to me in the end all people leave this world and they go back to Yahava, and are resurrected and shown the truth to the afterlife. I do not believe in the common thread of HEAVEN OR HELL. It's either with Yahava, or without Yahava, and Yahava continues to call even after death. Such a shock for those who just continue go along the common thread of HEAVEN OR HELL scenarios. Praise Yahava, and the Lord Yeshua for conquering over all things as promised to be done.

You see Yeshua, hold on to the image of God perfectly. Where Adam, did not.

Colossians 1:15-17​

New King James Version​

15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or [a]principalities or [b]powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.​

Though he was the Lord, the very Word of God, it is amazing to be thankful towards him in what he was able to do. Today God dwells within the body of those who are believers by the spirit, and they make the decision to walk by the spirit or by the flesh. Building up the spiritual for the afterlife, while the flesh mainly pertains to this life as one goes about it.