No More Death

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Together, both God the Father and God the Son ARE the Holy Spirit of God.
Your claim is "False"

God The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person of the Godhead, separate from God the father and God the Son

John 14:26KJV
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 5:7-8KJV
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is not referred as "they" in scripture, the Holy Spirit is referred to as "him" and "he".

John 14:16 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Where is this taught in scripture? The Spirit is one with the Father and the Son, but scripture never says that the Father and the Son together are the Holy Spirit.

How do you interpret this verse:

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Jesus referred to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit separately which contradicts what you are saying. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit make up the one true God.
I am not saying anything new or different than what the scriptures are saying.
Either they will be interpreted by the mind of our own "natural man" (the wisdom of men), or they will be interpreted through "the mind of Christ", that is if He is within us.
Hence the words of Jesus: " HEAR WHAT the Spirit saith to the churches".
Unfortunately, down through centuries, most have not interpreted the scriptures through the mind of Christ, and now even more so today.

Jesus said: "I AM THE...truth....". If Jesus is the (singular) truth, then He Himself (who is not greater then His Father), is THE Spirit of truth, which is one of "the  SEVEN Spirits (characteristics) of God" Himself, Who is a spirit. Rev. 3:1

WE ALL KNOW that Jesus IS the EXPRESS IMAGE of the Father. Heb. 1:1-3
"If you have seen me, you HAVE SEEN the Father."
"No man has seen the Father at anytime, EXCEPT the Son". Nor will we EVER see Him.

Therefore, Jesus through His resurrection, is now both Spirit and Immortal. Having been restored as One with the Father, together THEY BOTH ARE "The Holy Spirit".
Quite literally, Jesus Himself, is His "Father's house".

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, Jesus through His resurrection, is now both Spirit and Immortal. Having been restored as One with the Father, together THEY BOTH ARE "The Holy Spirit".
Your claim is "False" Way Outside Of Basic Christian Orthodoxy

God The Holy Spirit is the 3rd person of the Godhead, separate from God the father and God the Son

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is "False"

New Jerusalem is the eternal abode of God, where his tabernacle and throne will be with the righteous saved for eternity

Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not saying anything new or different than what the scriptures are saying.
That's what we all think, isn't it. But, it can't always be true for all of us since we obviously disagree on what the scriptures are saying sometimes. But, you're wrong about that. Scripture refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" and "him" and you say it should be "they" and "them" instead.

Either they will be interpreted by the mind of our own "natural man" (the wisdom of men), or they will be interpreted through "the mind of Christ", that is if He is within us.
Of course.

Hence the words of Jesus: " HEAR WHAT the Spirit saith to the churches".
Unfortunately, down through centuries, most have not interpreted the scriptures through the mind of Christ, and now even more so today.
So, are you saying that's what you think I'm doing (not interpreting through the mind of Christ)? Stop beating around the bush.

Jesus said: "I AM THE...truth....". If Jesus is the (singular) truth, then He Himself (who is not greater then His Father), is THE Spirit of truth, which is one of "the  SEVEN Spirits (characteristics) of God" Himself, Who is a spirit. Rev. 3:1

WE ALL KNOW that Jesus IS the EXPRESS IMAGE of the Father. Heb. 1:1-3
"If you have seen me, you HAVE SEEN the Father."
"No man has seen the Father at anytime, EXCEPT the Son". Nor will we EVER see Him.

I did not find this argument to be convincing at all. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one God. I gave you a verse showing them all referenced separately and you didn't address that at all. I also showed that the Holy Spirit is referred to as "he" and "him" and not "they". You ignored that as well. You think you are interpreting using the mind of Christ and I believe I am doing that. We can't both be right. So be it.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you interpret this verse:

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
When one is baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son, they ARE baptized of the Holy Spirit, which is simply God the Father dwelling within the Son. God the Father cannot dwell in any man by Himself, otherwise WE WOULD DIE.

What do think Heb. 10:19-20 is saying?
Did you think that you can approach the throne of God, without the covering of Christ's blood through faith?
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Now, in the reverse, this is true also: For our safety and well being, from the all consuming presence of God the Father who NOW LIVES IN US, does so THROUGH JESUS, in whom the Father must indwell FIRST, BEFORE He can dwell within us.

I am not having a problem in understanding, but you are.
1 John 5:7-8:
1. The Father who is a Spirit
2. Jesus, who is the Word made flesh, received the Spirit of God the Father upon baptism.
3. Together, they are one in Holy Spirit.

Did you happen to notice that in scripture, Jesus said the Father shall send the Comforter, but then says that the Father Himself resides within Jesus FIRST. Therefore when we receive the Spirit of Jesus, the Father who is IN HIM comes with Him, being them BOTH as One, who now dwell within the born again saint.

John 14
[10] Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

[11] Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim is "False"

New Jerusalem is the eternal abode of God, where his tabernacle and throne will be with the righteous saved for eternity.

Earburner's reply:
Of course you think it's "False", because you think that NJ is LITERAL buildngs, walls, streets, a tree with literal leaves in the middle of a literal river.
No! The NJ is A CITY OF SAVED PEOPLE, aka "NEW creatures", whose builder and maker is God, who ever since Pentecost, is still making Heavenly Jerusalem out of "lively stones".
Rev. 21
[22] And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty AND.... the Lamb ARE the temple OF IT.

Last edited:

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When one is baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son, they ARE baptized of the Holy Spirit, which is simply God the Father dwelling within the Son. God the Father cannot dwell in any man by Himself, otherwise WE WOULD DIE.

What do think Heb. 10:19-20 is saying?
Did you think that you can approach the throne of God, without the covering of Christ's blood through faith?
[19] Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
[20] By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;

Now, in the reverse, this is true also: For our safety and well being, from the all consuming presence of God the Father who NOW LIVES IN US, does so THROUGH JESUS, in whom the Father must indwell FIRST, BEFORE He can dwell within us.
You're not making any sense. Scripture differentiates between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit even though they are all one God. You are ignoring that. And scripture refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" and "him", not "they" and "them" as you do. And you ignore that and don't address that as well. Clearly, you have no interest in addressing the weaknesses in your view that I have pointed out.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, how else would you call "they" who are One anything but "he" or "him".
You called the Holy Spirit "they" and "them" instead of "he" or "him" as scripture does. The Holy Spirit is not the Father and is not the Son as you claim, but is the Spirit of the Father and the Son and is one with the Father and the Son.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Orthodoxy:
"sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, especially theological or religious doctrine.
conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.

Definition of orthodox | Dictionary.com"
My point exactly:
1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should NOT stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You called the Holy Spirit "they" and "them" instead of "he" or "him" as scripture does. The Holy Spirit is not the Father and is not the Son as you claim, but is the Spirit of the Father and the Son and is one with the Father and the Son.
Since God the Father is dwelling within Jesus, whereby Jesus claims that THEY ARE ONE, what does it mean to you, that He and His Father (they) ARE "0ne"?
Knowing that God the Father CANNOT permanently dwell in any man by Himself,
please ignore the religious doctrines of "the wisdom of men", and explain it through "the mind of Christ" that is within you.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They, being God the Father and God the Son, ARE ONE IN Holy Spirit together.
The example, which explains the mystery:
Husband and wife are ONE FLESH.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm...sounds like to me you said the same thing twice, but in different ways.
The Holy Spirit is not the Father and is not the Son as you claim, but is the Spirit of the Father and the Son and is one with the Father and the Son.
I think Paul said it best in Rom. 8:8-9,
[9] But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Do you know why Paul said it that way?
No man can have the Spirit of God without the Spirit of Christ, because the Spirit of God DWELLS IN Christ only.
Back to Heb. 10

Most Christians don't think about "the two way" street of Christ being the Mediator for His Father also!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By your answer, it appears that you didn't hear my rhetorical question through "the mind of Christ".
From post #807, my question was:
"I agree, how else would you call "they" who are One anything but "he" or "him"."

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They, being God the Father and God the Son, ARE ONE IN Holy Spirit together.
The example, which explains the mystery:
Husband and wife are ONE FLESH.
Your continued claim (God + Jesus) = Holy Spirit is "False"

My last response, your claims are out in leftfield as myself and Israelite have shown

Jesus Is The Lord

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baloney! What I wrote to "Truth7x7", is for you also! False labels by you towards me, will never stick to those who know HOW IT IS that the Holy Spirit of God is nothing more than they who are the "us" and "we" of Genesis, being together as One.
Together, they ARE the Holy Spirit of God.
1+1=1, the Comforter!

Protestantism has been snookered by the Religions of "the wisdom of men" through catholicism. 1 Cor. 2
[5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

What is your denomination?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see dead people. God sees those physically alive. The 4th 5th and 6th Seal have yet to be opened. Then and only then, will 144k living humans on earth today, be sealed to live on earth with Jesus as King during the Trumpets and Thunders.

They are the Second Coming disciples chosen from the living.

At the first coming, Jesus chose 12 living people, not physically dead people resurrected to be His disciples and go every where He went. So are the 144k:

"And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God."

At the 6th Seal Jesus is on earth as King to set up a throne in Jerusalem. That is when His 144k disciples are sealed and follow Him on earth just like the original 12.

They were on earth until the 7th Trumpet. When Satan is given 42 months, they and Jesus wait on heavenly mount zion until the 42 months are over.
The symbolic 144,000 are from the tribes of Israel only. Jesus revealed that in John 1
[47] Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! (See Rev. 14:1-5).
Since the death and resurrection of Jesus had then not yet taken place, the OC was still in place. Therefore, Jesus was making reference to all who were before Nathanael, but had died having faith, as that of Nathanael, who had been waiting for the Promise to come.
We can find them in Malachi 3:16, and then in Rev. 6:9-11, whereby they received the Promise of the gift of eternal life, being symbolized as "white robes", of which took place soon after Jesus' resurrection.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your denomination?
The following is just a brief overview of my testimony of salvation and my walk in the Lord.

Having little to no church affiliation or upbringing, except the small amount my mother provided, my mom told me that when I was 8 yrs. old, I raised my hand to accept Jesus as my Savior at a Baptist meeting.
However, in the years of my young adult life, I became heavily involved with the Occult, and had learned quite alot about the deception and benevolence of satan, and how the Freemasons and Illuminati work among the nations. The UN and the WEF, along with the high finance bankers, are his manifestations in the world today. (The 10H beast of Rev. has evolved into it's final phase of being an Economic Empire).

As a young adult, I became a born again Christian in 1975, through a pointed and personified dream/vision by God, for me to read the book of 1 Timothy. Having no biblical knowledge whatsoever, I only guessed that 1 Timothy must be in the Bible. My eyes and thoughts became riveted on 1 Tim. 4:1, knowing in an instance, that God knew what I was doing.
I had forgotten what I had committed to when I was 8 yrs. old, but God did not forget.

I immediately bought a Bible of my own.
From there God revealed to me in the gospel of John my need to be "born again" through the Spirit of Christ- Rev. 3:20, of which I did, reaffirming my 8 yrs. of age request, and then came to Him in full repentance and asked Jesus to come into my life and save me . I was then later, baptized in a Baptist church, and attended regularly.

Since then, I have attended and/or studied the doctrines of:
Baptist- attended and studied
SDA- attended and studied
LDS- studied
JW- studied
Pentecostal- attended and studied
Methodist- attended and studied

I am now Non-denominational, realizing that no single denomination/doctrine has all of the Lord's truth, but rather that all have only some of His Truth.
I have complete faith and trust in Christ and the Spirit of the Father, who is within him, to guide me into all truth by HIS understanding only.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're not making any sense. Scripture differentiates between the Father, Son and Holy Spirit even though they are all one God. You are ignoring that. And scripture refers to the Holy Spirit as "he" and "him", not "they" and "them" as you do. And you ignore that and don't address that as well. Clearly, you have no interest in addressing the weaknesses in your view that I have pointed out.
No, not at all. You are attempting to make the oneness of God the Father dwelling within God the Son to be a separate entity, when in all reality God the Father and God the Son together, being One, are together as Holy Spirit.

Are you indirectly trying to negate the Godhead of the literal "Spirit" of Jesus?

There is no "add on" of a separate entity, in addition to the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus.
Together, THEY are ONE IN Holy Spirit, of which can be called "He" and "Him".
One + One = ONE

Last edited: