No one reigns and rules with Christ today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians triumph in Christ 2 ways: first overcoming sin in our lives, and then overcoming death of the body by resurrection of dead as He was.

The first by grace is not with pride and superiority over others.

The second certainly is a superior resurrection over others condemned to shame and contempt.

Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
Totally agree. The Gospel's weight of argument lies in the promise of resurrection. What other reward compares as a promise to righteous living? The ultimate "triumph" is when it actually happens! And yet, the evidence that this promise will be fulfilled for us is in how we present ourselves as recipients of the grace of Christ, leading to a display of his righteousness in our lives. Our errors are forgiven when we cast our burdens upon him and his atonement.
Good point. We are not kings and priests to God and His holy nation, but only after His return are we resurrected to rule over His nations with rods of iron.

True. The idea of 'reigning' over earth today is a spirit-only fantasy of self-centered, uncrucified idealists. They also prophecy the earth itself being born again into some kind of perfect utopia.
Right. Nothing is so embarrassing than when Christianity claims to already be some kind of idealized theocracy, and begins to operate as if it is the eschatological Kingdom of God. Our Christian politics I personally think are well-intended and legitimate in certain cases. But unless we recognize the need to limit political powers and place them under the requirements of the Gospel, absolute power will become absolutely corrupt!
All sinners sin, not all saints.
Yes, saints should not be "living in sin." We all have, I believe, a Sin Nature. But we should be *overcoming* sin, and not capitulating to it. The power of grace is not just forgiveness, but also righteousness.

1 John 2.3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, love for God is truly made complete in them. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.
Amen. Abraham has yet to be personally given the land He walked on earth.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Nor has Job yet seen His redeemer and God standing on this earth, with his own eyes after the grave.
I'm with you on that. God's promises to Abraham cannot fail, because God cannot lie. Everything He promised to Abraham will come to fulfillment. Some has been fulfilled in history. But ultimate fulfillment has yet to take place.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still have no right to doctrinally say “who is saved or who is not” despite your differences.
Sure I do. I can both determine who is doctrinally saved, as well as judged who is not saved.

Those not believing unto the righteousness of Jesus are not doctrinally saved, because tjhet is not the faith of Jesus in the heart that saves.

Those practising their unbelief unto unrighteousness are not saved.

And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

We are commanded not to keep company with hypocrites naming the name of Christ and yet sinning with the world.

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

God knows who is his by faith or not.
Your doctrine and faith alone without righteousness does not save anyone, and anyone practising your unrighteous doctrine is not saved.

And I love you, and you can carry on the way you are going. :) God bless you.
Thanks. But so long as you spread your false gospel of unrighteousness, I can't return the favor.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Unlike you, I actually believe the words of Scripture, and take the true God seriously enough to do them from the heart.

As I said, don't bother me unless you want the truth of God's word. Which obviously you can't stop asking for it, though you reject it.

Look, you're preaching a gospel of another bible of your own making. I'm not going to argue from your bible, but from mine.

Mine is from Genesis to Revelation. Your's is from your own mind. That's just the way it is.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure okay. I’m gonna move on buddy. Have a good one. Love to you and your family friend!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. Nothing is so embarrassing than when Christianity claims to already be some kind of idealized theocracy, and begins to operate as if it is the eschatological Kingdom of God. Our Christian politics I personally think are well-intended and legitimate in certain cases. But unless we recognize the need to limit political powers and place them under the requirements of the Gospel, absolute power will become absolutely corrupt!
True. One triumph I would like to see is Trump 2024. That would be a massive resurrection.

Yes, saints should not be "living in sin." We all have, I believe, a Sin Nature. But we should be *overcoming* sin, and not capitulating to it. The power of grace is not just forgiveness, but also righteousness.
Amen again indeed. I'll not quibble over 'sin nature', so long as believing unto righteousness and doing it is preached.

I'm with you on that. God's promises to Abraham cannot fail, because God cannot lie. Everything He promised to Abraham will come to fulfillment. Some has been fulfilled in history. But ultimate fulfillment has yet to take place.
Are you my clone? I've never met anyone I agree with so many times.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. One triumph I would like to see is Trump 2024. That would be a massive resurrection.

Amen again indeed. I'll not quibble over 'sin nature', so long as believing unto righteousness and doing it is preached.

Are you my clone? I've never met anyone I agree with so many times.
Let's not get hasty! ;) Thanks for your posts.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah, God has no equal. Jesus did send His Election, servants of God to warn people and plant seeds. Its written in gospel of Matthew, Jesus says, pray I send labours , for the harvest is plentiful. Last chapter of John, Jesus told Peter 3 times. Feed My sheep. Smyrna and Philadelphia of revelation chapter 2 and 3 are Gods Election, churches. First Peter chapter 1, romans chapter 8, ephesians chapter 1, to document the Election. The saints are God's Elect. Their the set aside ones. Predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. Jesus says in gospel of Matthew, its enough for servant to be like the master, but is not above the master. God has no equal. Malachi chapter 3, priests are messengers of God. God's election are here in the flesh, planting seeds. Only Jesus can germinate those seeds. Those seeds might germinate during millennium. Read revelation chapter 20 and Ezekiel chapter 44, the Zadok are God's Elect. They are priests, judges and ambassadors during millennium. The spirtualty dead will not have access to Jesus. Isaiah chapter 65, only the Zadok shall have access to Jesus. I documented this.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah, God has no equal.
Other than Jesus of course.

Jesus says in gospel of Matthew, its enough for servant to be like the master, but is not above the master. God has no equal.

True, not Christian today is a co-head, co-rulers, and co-equal in authority with Christ in heaven nor on earth.

Very Good point. Only in His Millennium will those being resurrected in the likeness of His resurrection, with have co-equal power and authority to rule the nations with Him.
Malachi chapter 3, priests are messengers of God. God's election are here in the flesh, planting seeds. Only Jesus can germinate those seeds. Those seeds might germinate during millennium.
Exactly. Them alive of the nations will be going up to Jeruslaem to keep the feast of tabernacles, and to hear the Lord's word from His own mouth. They will take hold of Jew's skirts if necessary to get there.

Read revelation chapter 20 and Ezekiel chapter 44, the Zadok are God's Elect. They are priests, judges and ambassadors during millennium. The spirtualty dead will not have access to Jesus. Isaiah chapter 65, only the Zadok shall have access to Jesus. I documented this.
Another good point. Only the inwardly and outwardly circumcised Hebrews will be allowed to be His priests attending Him in His most holy place sitting on the throne of David.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Amen
What you're saying contradicts what John wrote here, which was in past tense (it had already become a reality and was a reality when he was writing it):

Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

This lines up with what Peter wrote here:

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Passages like these indicate that we are NOW priests in Christ's kingdom and we reign with Him now. It's sad that any believer would not recognize and understand this.
Amen. God bless you
JESUS CHRIST IS LORD GOD OUR SAVIOUR KING : PRAISE HIS NAME WHO MAKES US REIGN WITH HIM ON HIS THRONE OF GRACE, NOW AND, FOEREVERMORE
O God, let me die in this the knowledge and assurance of your love for the works of your own Hands which no powers of hell will overcome but will be overcome by. RULE O ETERNAL KING RULE WITHOUT END OR INTERRUPTION OR DELAY

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As you quote, we are kings and priests serving the Head only, as members of His body.

We don't even rule over our own lives anymore, much less over the nations of the earth.

That is prophecy to come only.

Declaring His praises is not ruling over nations.

You add 'reigning now' to the Scriptures, of being priestly kings and servants only now.

You prove by absence of any quote of Scripture, that any saint, king, and priest of God on earth now, is reigning now.

Any Christian still ruling over anything, is not yet fully crucified with Christ, and taken up our own cross.

No man reigns and rules with a cross, but only a rod of iron.

Jesus came with a cross the first time, and comes with rod of iron the second. We have our own cross to bear, even as He did on earth, before we will ever rule with Him on earth with rod of iron.

Your reigning and ruling saints on earth today, rejects the gospel of the cross today.
John 3:18 is the "rod of iron".
The 1st judgment of God was death
through Adam.
The 2nd judgment is deliverance from the the 1st judgment, through faith in Christ.

We, who are His born again saints, do NOW reign with Christ in executing the 2nd of God's judgment.

One either comes to Christ through His Great Commission by Him through us, His ambassadors, or they don't, and therefore remain in the situation and condition of the 1st judgment, of being "condemned already", waiting for destruction (perdition).
Luke 13
[35] Behold, your house* is left unto you desolate: and verily I say unto you, Ye shall not see [perceieve] me, until the time come when ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
*Note:
Can be understood as the literal temple building in Jerusalem (70AD), and/or spiritually speaking- our mortal bodies.
Rom. 8:9, 1 John 5:12-13

Last edited: