Nobody Can "Let" God Do Anything.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within your cited Scriptures and added ideas, none of it shows how anyone can "let" God do anything. Perhaps my faith needs to be as thin and stretched as my imagination can go. Think so?

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL! Ok. I repent! I have to come back for one more round!

So why would you say that? Did I offend you? Granted I questioned you and posted a rebuttal to what you said. But did I actually attact or offend you? If you disagree with me, I am not offended so long as you stay on task and at least try to give a reason. Prove me wrong if you can! I have been proven wrong before.. And recently. I was humbled by it and admitted I was wrong.

So what were you trying to say when you said, "i agree. You belong right where you first began"?

Where did I begin and why do I belong there? Did I misquote or get scripture wrong? Cause I don't remember you addressing what I was wrong about.
This idea of you telling me to "consider" all of the writings of David and Paul, possibly even exhaustively citing them here in Little Christianity Board, assumes I have not considered them. It is also a mindless and knee-jerk retort to say such a thing. Lol.

Do you like to mix chit-chat with Theological statements, "Dude?" Lol. Apparently. You cannot actually refute what I have said about David and Paul.

And, no, neither you nor any of the chatting posters in here are able to insult me. Christ has conveyed to me a useable portion of His Tough Skin and His Deferential Detachment. Can you share in my praise to Him for this? Maybe not? The words I used too strange for your heart?

Lol. Tell me what you "Let God do."

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Within your cited Scriptures and added ideas, none of it shows how anyone can "let" God do anything. Perhaps my faith needs to be as thin and stretched as my imagination can go. Think so?
You may need a lesson on how to address and quote people on this board.... I am not sure if you are adressing me.

But if you are. Please tell me where I said anyone could "let" God do anything. Aside from my citing that Moses actually talked God down.

I simply stated that Paul and David weren't as stupid about God as you apoear to make them out to be. Maybe i am wrong aboug that.. Maybe you see their stellar placement. .
But Dave and Paul are good folk in my belief

Reactions: aspen and Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Assuming you are responding to me, the scriptures show just how tangible our faith in God truly needs to be, heart mind and soul. How thin does your faith have to be to fall in the water like Peter? Did Jesus make him fall in the water by his will, or did it occur purely by Peters own free will? Can someone of no faith claim to be saved by their own free will, or is it by the will of the Father fulfilled on the cross?

Reactions: aspen and Helen

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may need a lesson on how to address and quote people on this board.... I am not sure if you are adressing me.

But if you are. Please tell me where I said anyone could "let" God do anything. Aside from my citing that Moses actually talked God down.

I simply stated that Paul and David weren't as stupid about God as you apoear to make them out to be. Maybe i am wrong aboug that.. Maybe you see their stellar placement. .
But Dave and Paul are good folk in my belief
Okay. Sure. You go ahead and call them Good Folk.

David who, "after the Heart of Jesus," slaughtered "his ten thousands," committed protracted corpse mutillations by cutting off Philistine penises, was a nude exhibitionist, was a polygamist, was forced to confess adultery and murder apart from The Law, did not submit to the punishment specified by the Law for his crimes, and who caused his bastard son Solomon to inherit The Kingdom.

Paul, who self admittedly mixed his own teachings into His writings, who was thrown out of The Church of Ephesus as a false apostle, who then wrote the Letter to Ephesians filled with his own attempt to justify himself before them, who tried to call himself an "apostle," who presumed to argue and mouth off at The Jerusalem Apostles for doctrinal issues over which he had no authority, who presumed to coin the word "theopneustos" #2315 which is used by no other Biblical writer, who fought with his own followers such that they left him, and who devised the "gospel of grace" after Jesus had never uttered the word "grace."

And then somebody here bemoans I have not given David and Paul a "break." Lol.

Oh Wait, God ordained all of the things above I mentioned.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Assuming you are responding to me, the scriptures show just how tangible our faith in God truly needs to be, heart mind and soul. How thin does your faith have to be to fall in the water like Peter? Did Jesus make him fall in the water by his will, or did it occur purely by Peters own free will? Can someone of no faith claim to be saved by their own free will, or is it by the will of the Father fulfilled on the cross?

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me what you are able to "Let God do." That is the topic here, not your thoughts going down a rabbit hole.

Lol.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me what you are able to "Let God do." That is the topic here, not your thoughts going down a rabbit hole.

Lol.

:rolleyes: How about you not make it about me, keep this discussion on whats in scripture, and answer the simple questions I asked about it. Is your faith too thin for this to happen or is this just going to be an argument?

Reactions: Helen

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mark 6:5 "And He could there do no mighty work, save that He laid His hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And He marvelled because of their unbelief.
And he went round about the villages, teaching."

When we believe, we set Him free, when we don't, we bind Him and He cannot do what He would do.
Unbelief will always do this... Believing will allow Him to do anything in our life.

Tell you you dont believe anyone can bind Jesus, No one can bind him and no amount of sin or unbelief can stop him. He destroyed sin on the cross so thats out. Only difference between you and a sinner is God Gave you the faith to see He is real and believe in Him.
And unbelief is sin.
They would not go to Him for healing because they did not believe. There for He could only heal but a few. You dont think that every one who ever got healed was in faith for it? Not a chance. Lazerus. He had faith no, his sisters nope. They are thinking resurection.
Some get healed because of there faith. and some get healed because of others faith and some get healed by Jesus faith in the Fathers will to heal all.
The Roman soldiers servert whos faith? The soilders faith.
The man lowerd down through the roof? The four guys had the faith.
Lazerus. Jesus had faith.
Makes no difference about any amount of unbelief.
Jesus did not say oops hold on guys to much unbelief here. I cant do nothing here. If only the father gave me more power. I am beat.
Not on your nelly. As I recall it. He just said I AM.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You still have not said if you consider "all" of the writings of David and Paul
I think if you read her post ByGrace has made a desission Did you not read that?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Got a notice that you had replied to this, but you have written nothing....What am I missing?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Debate remains as stated.

Tell me exactly what you personally "let" God do.
well, imo you are maybe taking an expression meant to indicate that someone wishes to get out of the way so to speak, and die to self, literally. If God does whatever He wants in the earth without our input, then there is no sin, or there would be no sin, wouldn't that be true?

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me where in God's Word it states anyone can "let" God Do anything. As well, tell me how you personally are able to "let" God Do anything at all. I personally am unable to "let" God Do anything.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 68:1 Has King David saying he is "Lett[ing] God arise." So, did God actually arise because David made that statement? Probably not. David had a history of being compulsive and humanly intuitive, learning most of His spirituality from his gross errors being judged by God.

Then there is Paul in Romans 3:4 stating, "Let God be true." As David, Paul was exuberant, but more in his verbal windage, with not much action as that which got David into trouble.

Today, there are hoards of Christians who make the statement that, somehow, they or other people should "Let God" do certain things. They base this nonsense upon these two verses above. Apparently, these Christians do not know God, in that He is Supreme over time, over matter, over small issues, over large issues, and over human outcomes. No person, regardless of how confident and spiritual they might feel, regardless of how arrogant their faith might be, can "let" God do anything.

I don't hear David or Paul demanding or commanding anyone to "let" God do anything. Their words sound like a hearts cry as in: Let the world know Your grace and mercy. Let Your enemies bow before You. Let their mouths shut. Let them see their iniquity and shame so that they may see Your mercy. Paul was familiar with being laid bare before God on the road to Damascus...although Paul knew scripture, he did not have an intimate relationship with God (kissed by the Lord) until he was made humble. NO man is perfect. They all have major defects, even David. It is called sin. But they all delighted in the Lord resulting in a familiar heart-cry for God's will to be done.

"let" God be God.

David's cry in Psalms is a cry for our Lord, CHrist to rise. He knew what had to be done. What is wrong with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and FHII

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't hear David or Paul demanding or commanding anyone to "let" God do anything. Their words sound like a hearts cry as in: Let the world know Your grace and mercy. Let Your enemies bow before You. Let their mouths shut. Let them see their iniquity and shame so that they may see Your mercy. Paul was familiar with being laid bare before God on the road to Damascus...although Paul knew scripture, he did not have an intimate relationship with God (kissed by the Lord) until he was made humble. NO man is perfect. They all have major defects, even David. It is called sin. But they all delighted in the Lord resulting in a familiar heart-cry for God's will to be done.

"let" God be God.

David's cry in Psalms is a cry for our Lord, CHrist to rise. He knew what had to be done. What is wrong with that?
Crying about God using one's feelings accomplishes nothing. Jesus does net need to be cried for. Today, He reigns triumphant and wholly powerful upon the Throne in Heaven. Soon, He will smash the Nations.

You cannot "Let God be God," because He already is God. Make sense? Maybe not?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crying about God using one's feelings accomplishes nothing. Jesus does net need to be cried for.

Then what does to lament mean?
What about confess? Repentance. Should this be dry and unfelt? Are we not called to love? Even our enemies? Is that not felt? What about: to be rent or to carry another's burdens? Worship and praise, should these be without feeling also?

Psalm 51:17 KJV
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

When Jesus wept:

John 11:35-36 KJV
[35] Jesus wept. [36] Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

Was it for Lazarus? Did Jesus weep because He took too long getting to His friend? Did He weep because He doubted the power to raise Lazarus? Or did He weep for their lack of faith? For their suffering?

Yes, God is God. And He is good.

Last edited:

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then what does to lament mean?
What about confess? Repentance. Should this be dry and unfelt? Are we not called to love? Even our enemies? Is that not felt? What about: to be rent or to carry another's burdens? Worship and praise, should these be without feeling also?

Psalm 51:17 KJV
[17] The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

When Jesus wept:

John 11:35-36 KJV
[35] Jesus wept. [36] Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

Was it for Lazarus? Did Jesus weep because He took too long getting to His friend? Did He weep because He doubted the power to raise Lazarus? Or did He weep for their lack of faith? For their suffering?

Yes, God is God. And He is good.
Let's go ahead and chit-chat about how it is not possible for any emotion laden person to "let" God Do anything.

Praise God He is sovereign by His own determination, rather than having to wait for someone to feel like He is.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it theory or fact God cannot be "let" to do anything by ambitious humans? Remember, Scripture is our guide, not Pop Christian Culture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's go ahead and chit-chat about how it is not possible for any emotion laden person to "let" God Do anything.

Praise God He is sovereign by His own determination, rather than having to wait for someone to feel like He is.

Revelation 5:8 KJV
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Obviously He wants our participation even though He doesn't have to have it.

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted your post but you seem to be critiquing David and Paul. Do you believe God could have chosen someone better to carry His word, like, maybe you? I have read your other post, and some are helpful. Why do it with such an arrogant prideful tone? Pride only comes from one place. Its origin and source is not good. That is why Paul was given a thorn; to root out pride and arrogance that breeds boasting.

Proverbs 11:2 KJV
[2] When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen