Nobody Can "Let" God Do Anything.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
why reply to you, if you are just going to ignore any posts that don't fit with your theory?

Amen to that. I have noticed he likes to be in control...though he's New here, he'd rather start 'his own' threads. Judging us , who he does not even know...and interestingly, he ignores both the Debate and Theology Boards...!! :rolleyes:
And tries to start Debates just to prove other people wrong...plus , accusing us of chit-chat (while we are here in the Fellowship Forum)
Strange man. As you say...what is the use of replying. o_O

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it theory or fact God cannot be "let" to do anything by ambitious humans? Remember, Scripture is our guide, not Pop Christian Culture.

If Scripture is your guide why do you mock the Scriptures you gave in post #1?

If one turns to God and Christ to be saved, does God respond to that? Does the Holy Spirit respond to that?

Stranger

Reactions: bbyrd009

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 5:8 KJV
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Obviously He wants our participation even though He doesn't have to have it.

Forgive me if I have misinterpreted your post but you seem to be critiquing David and Paul. Do you believe God could have chosen someone better to carry His word, like, maybe you? I have read your other post, and some are helpful. Why do it with such an arrogant prideful tone? Pride only comes from one place. Its origin and source is not good. That is why Paul was given a thorn; to root out pride and arrogance that breeds boasting.

Proverbs 11:2 KJV
[2] When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
The issue here is not "our participation" with God. There Is no need to discuss that. The issue remains, "It is not possible to let God Do anything."

Defer personal comments about myself, unless you wish to hear mine about you. The Rules of The Forum are in place, and have no provision for any "special little ad hominems" from your heart about what you perceive to be pride in me. Do you perhaps need more help with these Rules? We all do.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big deal. Who cares?
People who wish to avoid spurious statements about God care.

Share with me more of your best questions. The Lord Jesus wonderfully Loves you, not for what you are, but for what He can make you become.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
People who wish to avoid spurious statements about God care.

Share with me more of your best questions. The Lord Jesus wonderfully Loves you, not for what you are, but for what He can make you become.

You say that unabashedly. I say God loves you as you are. He 'knows' us how we will be.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Garrisson said: [QUOTEShare with me more of your best questions. The Lord Jesus wonderfully Loves you, not for what you are, but for what He can make you become.[/QUOTE]

That is a lie straight out of hell. God, and Jesus Christ loves the believer as he is, period. Sins and all. God knows what He will make of the believer. But He loves them already.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. No words from Jesus state He loves people who are in sin. Rather, both His Love and The Father's Love are conditional.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
( To Iforrest) Yes, I agree you are the one saying that. Show Scripture which states Jesus loves people as they are.

Romans 5:8 ..but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.".
And many, many more...verses...

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree you are the one saying that. Show Scripture which states Jesus loves people as they are.

Romans 5:6-8 KJV
[6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. [8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5:8 ..but God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.".
The Text states Jesus "died for sinners." It does not state "Christ loves sinners as they are." Bring your best ideas and your most difficult questions.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Text states Jesus "died for sinners." It does not state "Christ loves sinners as they are." Bring your best ideas and your most difficult questions.

WHY?
You may think that you are 'todays entertainment'..but actually you aren't.
You are just a silly side show..
Did you somehow miss in the verse where it states "that God SHOWED His love..."

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so glad you cited Romans 5:8. This is the only place in Scripture to mention such s notion of God loving Sinners. A Law of Hermeneutics states a single verse cannot be used to create a Doctrine.

John 3:16 Is a false statement as well, because it ignores Jesus' requirement for the forgiveness of others before God will forgive anyone. It also ignores Apostle James' statement that Faith without deeds is dead.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY?
You may think that you are 'todays entertainment'..but actually you aren't.
You are just a silly side show..
Did you somehow miss in the verse where it states "that God SHOWED His love..."

God cannot look upon sin. That is why He loves sinners only when they are cloaked in Jesus' Righteousness. God does not love what they are under the Cloak, being sinful.

Garrison

Aug 13, 2017
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope. That is the only verse to say so, and from deluded Paul who fabricated the word "grace." A single verse cannot be used to form a valid Doctrine. So sorry.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. No words from Jesus state He loves people who are in sin. Rather, both His Love and The Father's Love are conditional.

(John 15:25) "But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause." What does this mean? There was nothing in Jesus Christ there for anyone to hate Him. Yet they did.

(Romans 3:24) "Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" What does this mean? The word 'freely' here is the same word used for 'without a cause' in (John 15:25)

In other words the believer is justified without a cause. Nothing in them to cause God to justify. Which leaves only His love for them. As seen in (Rom. 5:8), "...God shows His love for us while we were yet sinners..."

No condition to merit God's love. No cause in us to merit the death of Christ. All of grace.

Stranger

Reactions: Helen