• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you also believe its "God's will" for them to be on the respirator?
And you believe it was "God's will" for the drunk driver to cross the center lane and slam into this woman's car, head on?
And you believe that it's "'God's will" for her 3 children who were in the car to have died at the scene?

Are you one of those hyper religious hyper Calvinist people whose only ministry is to accuse God falsely of doing what the Devil does, by claiming that all the evil in the world is "ordained" = Caused by God?

Is this you? Is this your religion and theology?
That's the question im asking you, aspen.

Calm down

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you also believe its "God's will" for them to be on the respirator?
And you believe it was "God's will" for the drunk driver to cross the center lane and slam into this woman's car, head on?
And you believe that it's "'God's will" for her 3 children who were in the car to have died at the scene?

God is completely sovereign over the affairs of man.

So, there is His perfect will; there is His active will; and there is His permissive will.

Evil can come about because of His permissive will. It is His permissive will that men have the freedom to choose what they want to do...men choose to sin, and sin has consequences.

I understand that you see yourself as a sinner, and that is because you are still sinning.

Nope; I am walking in basic freedom and victory these days. I consider that I have indwelling sin; but, as I normally teach, this element of sin is rendered dead in the sanctified believer (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over his behaviour.

then you'll be able to teach something that isn't illogical and isn't denying the Grace of God.

I am most certainly not denying the grace of God; but that is your accusation, accuser. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth against your accusation.

Also, you say, "our part is to abide".
What if you dont, and you are born again?
If your answer is..>"well, you are saved no matter how you behave", then you agree with the Cross. = "Justification by faith" (without works).
If you instead say..>"we abide to stay accepted by God and if we dont abide we lose His acceptance", then you are "fallen from Grace", and are teaching Legalism.

There is a fine line to be examined here. On the one hand, we don't want to preach grace as a license for sin (Jude 1:3-4, NIV). On the other hand, we do know that the Lord has definite grace for those who blow it because the spirit is indeed willing but the flesh is weak.

I consider that my identity in Christ is that I am righteous even when I blow it (Romans 4:5); but that now that I have this identity, I am to go and live like it (1 John 3:7, Romans 5:19, Matthew 5:6).

If I don't go and live like it, it is not necessarily true that I am not born again; but I ought to question whether I am or not (2 Corinthians 13:5).

There is a certain lifestyle attached to being truly born again of the Holy Spirit (1 John 3:9); and if I am not living that lifestyle, I need to check myself before I wreck myself (again, 2 Corinthians 13:5).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At least once i have stated here on this fourm, that i am "nothing".
I am personally, as compared to Christ, as a person, a nothing. But through God's Grace, and because of the Cross, i am become a SAINT.
God caused this....Its His doing....And its the same for every born again believer.
We are ALL Saints. = born again.

Did you every say in public, on this forum, that you are "nothing"? I did, and more then once.
So, what you are misunderstanding is that if i say im the Righteousness of God in Christ, then this is because God has decided this.. for me.
Its not "pride" to state who you are in Christ, and its not "sin" to agree with God's perspective.
Its religious carnality to disagree with God's perspective.
And when you dont agree, you are just not understanding the Grace of God, or the finished work of Jesus on the Cross, yet.
Yes, I see you are very proud of being nothing.
You are unaware that what you assert yourself as being is contradicted by your self righteous boasting.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Someone who fights against the truth of the bible is putting their opinions, feelings, ideas...ahead of the truth. As such that person is not just uncrucified....but also unwilling to carry their own cross.
The truth of the scripture or your own understanding.. to much bible not enough Christ.

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.

and again

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

because

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

again

Joh 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
Joh 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

But who need Jesus men have there bible.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thx for the Questions.

All born again believers are as Righteous as God.
This is the eternal effect of the Blood Atonement.
The Blood of Jesus makes each person it redeems,= "The righteousness of God in Christ".
Jesus on the Cross took our sin, and God through our FAITH, gives us His very Righteousness. = "The Gift of Righteousness".
The gift of Righteousness IS SALVATION.

Sin,
is no longer in effect as a title, as a governing dominion, over a Believer.
We the born again, are not sinners.....we are Sons of God, or Daughters of God....We are OF GOD, and that is not capable of being "sin".
You can't be OF GOD, and be a sinner.

When we are born again, we begin to exit in a different place. We are in a body on the earth, but the real us, is the born again us, who are now existing inside God's Spirit. "in CHRIST". "IN" "IN". "IN".
See, being born again, is to be born again INTO another place, and into a different spiritual Realm. = IN CHRIST or into GOD's Spirit.
We are now IN the Family of God, by BIRTH... = Spiritual Birth, and this is not on earth. We are now where GOD exists = where we are if we are born again.
You NT says that "as Christ IS, so are the born again on Earth".
Your NT says..>"we are seated in Heavenly places IN CHRIST"......and that is a FACT.
So, we are a part of the Body of Christ, and this spiritual body, WHILE we are in a flesh body that is dying, and stuck to the earth.
This earth is not our home.
Heaven is our Home. Our home is where God and Christ exist.

We have to come into the understanding that we are not our body.
We are a NEW CREATION, in Christ, who live in a body on earth, until we get our REAL ONE, in Heaven.

You didnt really answer my question. Do you ever have anger in your heart?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Calm down

Thats not an answer.
I can understand why you would not want to face accusing God of doing the Devil's work.
Hyper-Calvanists are always like this....

Listen.
In Jesus day, there were those who said "you are doing your Miracles, by the power of the DEVIL".

2000 yrs later the Devil's children are teaching that God is dong the Devil's work, and they've refined their accusation.
They now accuse God of doing the Devil's work by "ordained". or "caused". or "pre-destined".
Its the same group, same spirit and same Lie.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He fully orchestrated His own birth and death, to see this in all scripture is amazing.

What is also interesting is that Yeshua had a choice to not do it.
He was in the Garden, he's sweating Blood, and some of the Host of Heaven have come to give him some support.
Yeshua says this....>"not MY WILL....but THINE, i will do".
So, notice that Yeshua had free will to choose His own, which would have been to not brutally die, but instead Yeshua CHOSE to Do His Father's will.
This means HE WAS NOT MADE or Forced or "ordained with no free will to have to do it"..
He CHOSE = His Fathers will, vs, His own.
"not MY WILL........but YOUR's Father, = that i will do".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is also interesting is that Yeshua had a choice to not do it.
He was in the Garden, he's sweating Blood, and some of the Host of Heaven have come to give him some support.
Yeshua says this....>"not MY WILL....but THINE, i will do".
So, notice that Yeshua had free will to choose His own, which would have been to not brutally die, but instead Yeshua CHOSE to Do His Father's will.
This means HE WAS NOT MADE or Forced or "ordained with no free will to have to do it"..
He CHOSE = His Fathers will, vs, His own.
"not MY WILL........but YOUR's Father, = that i will do".
Matthew 10:28 KJV
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
I don't believe He was afraid.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, God would not ask you to give to the poor and tithe and give offerings, unless He expected you to have some money

Unless the tithe and offering expected to be given is not money. Could it be the definition of poverty is a skewed in the lack of money is not what destroys but the lack of being rich towards God. Otherwise what here? Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Reactions: Giuliano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You didnt really answer my question. Do you ever have anger in your heart?

Anger is not a sin.
Acting on it, is the issue.
Also, keeping it in your heart, vs, forgiving, is the problem.

Jesus, once took some small ropes and intwined them into a small "whip".
He then went inside the Temple in Jerusalem, and "drove them out"..... many people.
This means using that Whip.
He was also turning over all the tables found there..
He was also yelling.

He was angry.

Jesus is coming back, He will be taking Vengeance AGAINST all who do not obey the Gospel.
"Vengeance" is anger, extreme, and its not sin, as Jesus will be doing it.
So, its all about the context.

There is anger that is justified, based on circumstance, and this is "righteous indignation".
There then is the anger that is related to temper, and this can be justified by circumstance.
So, anger is not a "sin", as anger is just a feeling.
Its the acting on the anger by releasing it as harm towards another person, that is the issue.

Do i personally ever feel anger?
Sure.
You can't be human and breathing and not at times feel anger.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is not a sin.
Also, keeping it in your heart, vs, forgiving, is the problem.

Jesus, once took some small ropes and intwined them into a small "whip".
He then went inside the Temple in Jerusalem, and "drove them out"..... many people.
This means using that Whip.
He was also turning over all the tables found there..
He was also yelling.

He was angry.

Jesus is coming back, He will be taking Vengeance AGAINST all who do not obey the Gospel.
"Vengeance" is anger, extreme, and its not sin, as Jesus will be doing it.
So, its all about the context.

There is anger that is justified, based on circumstance, and this is "righteous indignation".
There then is the anger that is related to temper, and this can be justified by circumstance.
So, anger is not a "sin", as anger is just a feeling.
Its the acting on the anger by releasing it as harm towards another person, that is the issue.

Do i personally ever feel anger?
Sure.
You can't be human and breathing and not at times feel anger.

It's not the releasing of it. Jesus said if you have anger in your heart you have already murdered. To say otherwise is to focus on the outside of the cup, which can look very good but be full of filth. But if the inside is clean, the outside will be as well.

I dont think talking about how Jesus was angry to justify our own anger is smart. He never sinned in His anger. We do.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It's not the releasing of it. Jesus said if you have anger in your heart you have already murdered..

Actually, stunnedbyGrace, you would have to have murder in your heart, to accomplish that sin,.....not just anger.
You can be angry and not want to murder, but if you want to murder, that can be an anger issue, or it can be a psychological issue were a person enjoys killing as a pleasure.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, stunnedbyGrace, you would have to have murder in your heart, to accomplish that sin,.....not just anger.
You can be angry and not want to murder, but if you want to murder, that can be an anger issue, or it can be a psychological issue were a person enjoys killing as a pleasure.

Murder in your heart is anger without cause. That is what Jesus said.

Reactions: Giuliano

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Murder in your heart is anger without cause. That is what Jesus said.

Its not possible to want to murder someone and not have a reason.
C'mon.
Even a psychopath has a reason.
You murder because you want someone dead......and there has to be a reason.
Murder without a reason, is impossible.
You can KILL someone, without a reason...... by accident.
But MURDER< requires a decision, stunnedbygrace.
Jesus was MURDERED on the Cross by people who hated him and wanted him to DIE SUFFERING.
So, that is THEIR heart, = full of murder.
Jesus's heart was to go to the Cross because of Love for US and because He wanted to please the Father.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anger is not a sin.

Not sure that is what was said. Same as lust then...lust is not a sin, only acting on that lust is? Yet he said to lust after a woman is to already commit adultery in the heart, regardless of whether there is ‘acting on it’. Unless I misunderstood?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that is what was said. Same as lust then...lust is not a sin, only acting on that lust is? Yet he said to lust after a woman is to already commit adultery in the heart, regardless of whether there is ‘acting on it’. Unless I misunderstood?
I read in the heart to mean "with the wish or intention to do it." Your neighbor might have a very attractive wife but he might be a lot bigger than you and with a temper. He might kill you. So there you are, wanting to do it but afraid. You would if you thought you could get away with it. Or maybe you put the moves on her and she laughed. You still wanted to do it.

Last edited: