Not by works - but by faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not biblical at all. Outer darkness has no fire. Fire IS light. And you are just stuck with the religious traditions of men rather than actually looking deeper into the biblical narrative.

So what you should say is..."I can't tell the difference in the bible between hell and outer darkness." But light and darkness are not at all the same.
Niether is saying born again believers will be cast to outer darkness

God does not make mistakes

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..we weren't able before Christ. But you are not seeing the purpose of Jesus's coming to earth. He died and was resurrected to give us His life....a life that we can live in through grace. And then it is HIS power....not ours we live in. As in...no longer I,

You really need to go over the gospels again...and the whole NT ...and NOT look at it from a carnal viewpoint but instead with an open heart and mind that doesn't limit what God can do.

We can do ALL things IN Christ. And in Him is no sin.
Jesus came to earth because if he did not we would all end up in hell

you should not try to add to the gospel

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved BY grace...not FOR grace. We are saved in order to do the works of Christ BY grace.

Grace ...not a free ride down the hill but the power and strength to climb up the hill. In His strength
Wrong

we are saved by grace period

why don’t you do everyone here a favor and stop excusing your sin your as much as saying your sin is ok, but these other people who sin are doomed.

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly someone does not love or respect another as a fellow believer in Christ. I have never read of one person claiming by obeying Jesus you are spitting on Him.

If we love Jesus we obey Him. How can anyone who understands language makes obedience into hatred.

Darkness blinds the heart to the hurt such an idea causes. It is a mind turning in strong emotion that overwhelms any sensitivity. The fruit of the Spirit is not at work here, on anything with understanding of scripture and God's will. God bless you, you encourage me dear brother
Clearly you must be like this person and trying to earn your salvation

yes, if you love Jesus you obey him

but the bible says we love because he loved us first

apart from salvation you can not love as he loved, and remember love fulfills the law

John was clear, whoever lives in sin has never seen god

whoever is born of God can not live in sin

you either believe them or you do not

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification.
I die 5 minutes after being saved.
As far as God sees, the believer is pure and holy, so will enter heaven, cleansed and purified it Christ.
If sin can make us unclean, and being clean is part of our acceptance, then we need to walk in purity and faith.

If impurity and sin becomes our life, where is Jesus in us. So keeping us on the path, consistent and pure is sanctification, but this does not invalidate our position.

We down play God's work in us, and play up our failures, rather than working with our weaknesses. So unbelievers will always miss the victory, and hope one day it will arrive.

I praise God for His love and working, amen
What about gods promise

he who began a good work will complete it

or how about another one

he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified?

why do you lack faith in God to do what he promised? More importantly, why are you claiming we begin in the spirit, but must perfect in the flesh, you better read galations, Paul has a strong warning for you

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims he has faith but has no works (to validate his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith. *So James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

In James 2:19, we see that the demons believe "mental assent" that "there is one God," but they do not believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. In other words, they do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 16:31) and are not saved. Their trust and reliance is in Satan, as demonstrated by their rebellion in heaven and continuous evil works. Good works are the fruit, by product and demonstrative evidence of authentic faith in Christ, but works are not the essence of faith or the means/basis by which we obtain salvation. Faith in Christ is the root of salvation and good works are the fruit. No fruit at all demonstrates there is no root.
I see the workers for are just as strong here, when will people learn u less they truly repent they will never see God, except to plead their case, and be told depart.

Reactions: mailmandan

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Wrong

we are saved by grace period

why don’t you do everyone here a favor and stop excusing your sin your as much as saying your sin is ok, but these other people who sin are doomed.

Saved by grace means freed from sin. And you are exactly accusing me of what you are doing yourself. You are saying YOUR sins are ok but other people's aren't because they don't have your religious views.

But the gospel is not about accepting Jesus as your personal saviour....as opposed to another god or Godzilla...but obedience to God from the heart.

So you have believed the lie that all you have to do is just accept God as your personal servant to do with Him as you please....to exploit the death of Jesus for yourself. Jesus is the Lamb of God and serves the Father...not people. We are to be servants of God. And HE needs to accept us. So you have it exactly backwards.

But Jesus was RAISED for the justification of they who enter into Him...to walk as He walked. THAT is what grace is for....to save us from sin. (not to save us IN sin)

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You just made my point, thank you

not everyone who claims to be believers are believers,

and yes, many of these professed believers spit on the cross. Whether you think so or not is not the issue

Is your objective to prove your interpretation by claiming people are denying Jesus?
That is not very original or real. People will do what they do with or without your insights. What actually matters is the Lord and His ways.

If you do not walk the straight path, you do not know Him. Part of this walk is kindness, gentleness, love, and grace.

Our calling is to share and walk following Jesus's example.
God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Clearly you must be like this person and trying to earn your salvation

yes, if you love Jesus you obey him

but the bible says we love because he loved us first

apart from salvation you can not love as he loved, and remember love fulfills the law

John was clear, whoever lives in sin has never seen god

whoever is born of God can not live in sin

you either believe them or you do not
You divide too quickly.
Must be your fruit.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saved by grace means freed from sin. And you are exactly accusing me of what you are doing yourself. You are saying YOUR sins are ok but other people's aren't because they don't have your religious views.

But the gospel is not about accepting Jesus as your personal saviour....as opposed to another god or Godzilla...but obedience to God from the heart.

So you have believed the lie that all you have to do is just accept God as your personal servant to do with Him as you please....to exploit the death of Jesus for yourself. Jesus is the Lamb of God and serves the Father...not people. We are to be servants of God. And HE needs to accept us. So you have it exactly backwards.

But Jesus was RAISED for the justification of they who enter into Him...to walk as He walked. THAT is what grace is for....to save us from sin. (not to save us IN sin)
Saved by grace means freed from the penalty of sin.
And the ability to walk like Christ liked

my sins are not ok, I am not puffing myself and judging others.

Lordship salvation is not biblical. Period.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your objective to prove your interpretation by claiming people are denying Jesus?
That is not very original or real. People will do what they do with or without your insights. What actually matters is the Lord and His ways.

If you do not walk the straight path, you do not know Him. Part of this walk is kindness, gentleness, love, and grace.

Our calling is to share and walk following Jesus's example.
God bless you
Whatever

I am sick of you trying to interpret what I say

good day sir.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What about gods promise

he who began a good work will complete it

or how about another one

he has perfected forever those who are being sanctified?

why do you lack faith in God to do what he promised? More importantly, why are you claiming we begin in the spirit, but must perfect in the flesh, you better read galations, Paul has a strong warning for you

This is too personal and too imprecise. A few sentences cannot be turned into a full attack.

It just demonstrates strife and division.
But I wish you well, not sure what you want. Seems like pushing in and pushing others around. Fine if you want a wrestle but not sharing our love of Jesus. He is so great, our Lord and Saviour. Do you know Him?

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Whatever

I am sick of you trying to interpret what I say

good day sir.
Sick? Yes it maybe you are ill.
I do not know what you are saying other than the blows you throw.

I do not know a fellowship who greets friends and worshipers of Jesus in this way. Maybe this is a new beat up believers group for training, or maybe is actually done for real ..... The Lord does love you, and we have nothing to prove just lives of blessing to share. God bless you.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if someone comes into a room shouts their opinion, pushes a few people, is reacted to by asking to calm down and just share, responds I am sick of being judged.

Happens in bars every night

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I regard this thread as a thread of praise for Jesus and His people.
The lost are lost, especially those who claim to see yet have blinded themselves to love, joy and praise.

Jesus says and was light. It shines, so brightly one wants to hide. Faith and repentance go hand in hand, a walk of humbleness and joy. Out of such a state comes good works .

If you meet bitter, lonely, empty people, you know the thorns and digs that come when you get too close. Something is clearly missing and they must, must prove there point, and definitely put one in one's place.

They have lived like this all there lives it is who they are. And when they leave the same thorns appear :(
Jesus called this fruit. Thorn givers hate such words, because where are they to admit this is there life.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Phariseeism is a belief that we are saved by our works. By How good or morally upright we are. Or by religious traditional works.

It is alive and well today.
Not saying you are teaching or promoting it, Was just saying what you said described that thinking.

I think what you describe is maybe closer to...the problem of the foolish Galatians than to phariseeism. It is hypocrisy (to me) that more describes a pharisee, One thing on the outside but another on the inside.

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Superb!

Reactions: Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, when you say grace is freedom from sin, others say it is freedom from"the soul who sins will die." They say it is freedom from the law of sin and death.

Those who are thrown into the outer darkness are actually saved from the soul who sins will die, because the outer darkness is forever. They are saved to an eternal life, but it is a terrifying eternity because they will not have the mercy of being thrown into the lake of fire. They will never have the mercy of the second death. They abuse grace...

It is another example of dialectic. It I, once again, "you won't surely die..."