On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

That is what your man-made doctrine would tell you, contrary to the scripture that I had just referenced.
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Corinthians 2:14) (KJV 1900)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm done with "contending" for now. Will be back later. Time for devotions.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But Paul and James rely heavily on the Sermon on the Mount. apart from which you do not know Christ and are lost.
Israel was set aside in Ac 28:28, for unbelief, when the Salvation of God (Jesus Christ) was taken from them and given to the Gentiles. They became Loammi, Not My People, as in Hosea 1:9. Hosea 3:4 shows their present condition. Hosea 6:2 says they will be back after 2 days, 2000 years. The 2000 years will be up about 2064. When Israel was set aside, EVERYTHING associated with Israel was set aside, This means that everything contained in the 59, all-Israel books, except for Christ, was also set aside, as far as it being TO us or ABOUT us is concerned. The ONLY books TO us and ABOUT us today, are Paul's 7 post-Acts books (see below). With study, it's simple to see that Paul's last 7 books have NOTHING in common with the other 59, 100% Israel books, except Christ, of course.

With no Israel, Christ revealed to Paul the Dispensation of the Mystery, Ephesians 3:3, which had been hid in God since the world began, and way before Israel existed, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:26. The only place today's Truth is found is in Paul's last 7 epistles, all written after Acts. In them a brand new church is established, which has a Hope of being resurrected into the Heavenly Places, where Christ sits at the right hand of God, Ephesians 1:20, Ephesians1:26. No one in the other 59 books EVER had a chance of going to Heaven. They had the New Jerusalem, at best. The NJ isn't Heaven. It comes down out of Heaven and attaches to the New Earth. Each tribe has it's own gate. There is no Gentile gate.

Everything that Paul wrote during Acts was based on the OT, Acts of the apostles 26:22. Everything after Acts was written way before any of the OT was written. Therefore, it is impossible that anything in those other 59 books, including Paul's Acts epistles, have ANY part in Paul's post-Acts epistles. It's not possible to merge ANYTHING, except Christ, from these 59 Jewish books, with Paul's 7 post-Acts.

I don't know where Paul mentioned the Sermon on the Mount in his Acts epistles. It makes no difference, since I am positive it wasn't in his last 7 epistles, the ONLY books written TO and ABOUT us Gentiles, today. The other 59 all-Israel books are invaluable FOR our learning, but there is nothing in them about our Hope, Calling, or our future

Knowing all this, my main thing, dispensationally, is to keep everything Israel (except Christ), or Jewish, out of my doctrine. God, in EVERY case, has treated Israel (Jews) totally different than he has treated Gentiles. If one believes both the Israel things and the Gentile things are given to him, there will be many contradictions, and self-inflicted contradictions always set up a pick-and-choose situation, which is never acceptable. To combat this, God introduced the concept of rightly dividing (make a straight cut; Correcting Cut) God's Word, 2Tim 2:15. It doesn't say WHERE scripture must be cut and divided, but, since the verse appears only in Paul's post-Acts epistles, where Israel plays NO PART AT ALL, it is obvious that God wants us to cut it in a place where it is 100% Israel on one side of the cut and 100% Gentile on the other side. The only place possible is between Acts and Ephesians. If we do this correctly, we are approved unto God and have no need to feel ashamed, 2Tim 2:15.

I know you feel differently, but I am totally convinced, with ZERO doubts, that ANYTHING that Christ taught the 12, the multitude, or the Pharisees, during His 3-1/2 year earthly ministry, is absolutely NOT TO or About anyone living today. My proofs are Matthew 10:5 , Matthew 15:24 , Romans 15:8 , and John 1:31.

D

Dave L

Israel was set aside in Ac 28:28, for unbelief, when the Salvation of God (Jesus Christ) was taken from them and given to the Gentiles. They became Loammi, Not My People, as in Hosea 1:9. Hosea 3:4 shows their present condition. Hosea 6:2 says they will be back after 2 days, 2000 years. The 2000 years will be up about 2064. When Israel was set aside, EVERYTHING associated with Israel was set aside, This means that everything contained in the 59, all-Israel books, except for Christ, was also set aside, as far as it being TO us or ABOUT us is concerned. The ONLY books TO us and ABOUT us today, are Paul's 7 post-Acts books (see below). With study, it's simple to see that Paul's last 7 books have NOTHING in common with the other 59, 100% Israel books, except Christ, of course.

With no Israel, Christ revealed to Paul the Dispensation of the Mystery, Ephesians 3:3, which had been hid in God since the world began, and way before Israel existed, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:26. The only place today's Truth is found is in Paul's last 7 epistles, all written after Acts. In them a brand new church is established, which has a Hope of being resurrected into the Heavenly Places, where Christ sits at the right hand of God, Ephesians 1:20, Ephesians1:26. No one in the other 59 books EVER had a chance of going to Heaven. They had the New Jerusalem, at best. The NJ isn't Heaven. It comes down out of Heaven and attaches to the New Earth. Each tribe has it's own gate. There is no Gentile gate.

Everything that Paul wrote during Acts was based on the OT, Acts of the apostles 26:22. Everything after Acts was written way before any of the OT was written. Therefore, it is impossible that anything in those other 59 books, including Paul's Acts epistles, have ANY part in Paul's post-Acts epistles. It's not possible to merge ANYTHING, except Christ, from these 59 Jewish books, with Paul's 7 post-Acts.

I don't know where Paul mentioned the Sermon on the Mount in his Acts epistles. It makes no difference, since I am positive it wasn't in his last 7 epistles, the ONLY books written TO and ABOUT us Gentiles, today. The other 59 all-Israel books are invaluable FOR our learning, but there is nothing in them about our Hope, Calling, or our future

Knowing all this, my main thing, dispensationally, is to keep everything Israel (except Christ), or Jewish, out of my doctrine. God, in EVERY case, has treated Israel (Jews) totally different than he has treated Gentiles. If one believes both the Israel things and the Gentile things are given to him, there will be many contradictions, and self-inflicted contradictions always set up a pick-and-choose situation, which is never acceptable. To combat this, God introduced the concept of rightly dividing (make a straight cut; Correcting Cut) God's Word, 2Tim 2:15. It doesn't say WHERE scripture must be cut and divided, but, since the verse appears only in Paul's post-Acts epistles, where Israel plays NO PART AT ALL, it is obvious that God wants us to cut it in a place where it is 100% Israel on one side of the cut and 100% Gentile on the other side. The only place possible is between Acts and Ephesians. If we do this correctly, we are approved unto God and have no need to feel ashamed, 2Tim 2:15.

I know you feel differently, but I am totally convinced, with ZERO doubts, that ANYTHING that Christ taught the 12, the multitude, or the Pharisees, during His 3-1/2 year earthly ministry, is absolutely NOT TO or About anyone living today. My proofs are Matthew 10:5 , Matthew 15:24 , Romans 15:8 , and John 1:31.
If you do not have the Sermon on the Mount, you do not have Christ. You cannot separate him from his teaching.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The book of 1 Peter was written in part to the region of Galatia, which was primarily Gentile (and this is among the books that you do not count as being to us, according to your premise). Sp then, Peter is a valid author for us Gentiles. Also, in 2 Peter 1:3-4, Peter speaks of the exceeding great and precious promises that we can lay hold of in order to become partakers of the divine nature. I most certainly believe that some of these promises are given in Isaiah and other books of the Old Testament, as well as in every book of the New Testament. I certainly couldn't live my Christian life without these exceeding great and precious promises.

As one who is born again of the Holy Spirit therefore, I hold that all of scripture is inspired and profitable to me. I will not be cheated out of that which would minister to me.

However, @Ac28, I think that you may have an inroad with those who are convicted by certain verses outside your spectrum of divine inspiration; who would rather discount them because they hit home to their heart and they do not want to change their lives for God. I suppose that herein, 1 John 4:5 holds true.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The book of 1 Peter was written in part to the region of Galatia, which was primarily Gentile (and this is among the books that you do not count as being to us, according to your premise). Sp then, Peter is a valid author for us Gentiles. Also, in 2 Peter 1:3-4, Peter speaks of the exceeding great and precious promises that we can lay hold of in order to become partakers of the divine nature. I most certainly believe that some of these promises are given in Isaiah and other books of the Old Testament, as well as in every book of the New Testament. I certainly couldn't live my Christian life without these exceeding great and precious promises.

As one who is born again of the Holy Spirit therefore, I hold that all of scripture is inspired and profitable to me. I will not be cheated out of that which would minister to me.

However, @Ac28, I think that you may have an inroad with those who are convicted by certain verses outside your spectrum of divine inspiration; who would rather discount them because they hit home to their heart and they do not want to change their lives for God. I suppose that herein, 1 John 4:5 holds true.
What a wonderful term: 'exceeding great and precious promises'... :)

Reactions: justbyfaith

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Peter is not a valid author for any Gentile living today. He could very well be somewhat valid for the Gentiles in ACTS. What no one understands is that the Gentiles in Acts were as different as night and day from any Gentile living today. The Gentiles in Acts were PART OF ISRAEL. They partook of Israel's blessings and had ABSOLUTELY ZERO blessings of their own. Their resurrection Hope was the rapture, at Christ's second coming. Their Calling was to spend eternity in the New Jerusalem, where they would be the only Gentiles in that all-Israel City, which has a gate for each tribe, but NO Gentile gate.

On the other hand, we Gentiles today have a Hope of being resurrected to the ALL GENTILE Highest Heaven. We have ZERO association with any Israel doctrine whatsoever. Everything TO and ABOUT us is found only in Paul's 7 post-Acts. EVERYTHING in those 7 books, except Christ, was part of a secret (mystery) HID in God probably millions or billions of years before Israel existed. Therefore, it is IMPOSSIBLE that ANYTHING in those 59 all-Israel books are TO or ABOUT us today. We are not to set our affection on anything EVER taught to Israel or given to Israel. Unfortunately, almost everything taught in Denominational churches fall into that category.

Israel are an EARTHLY people. Their Calling is to the earth itself or the NJ, which will be the capitol of the New Earth. Our calling is to the Highest Heaven. We Gentiles today are a 100% HEAVENLY people. Look at this passage. In it, we Gentiles are told NOT to think on things on the Earth, which includes EVERYTHING TO and ABOUT Israel in those 59 all-Israel books.
Col 3:1-4
1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that I have Jewish blood in me, and that, as such, Colossians 3:1-4 does not fail to apply to me; for it is a portion of the word of God that is to all people; not just Gentiles. I am not going to be excluded from heaven if I do have Jewish blood.

And Paul wrote his epistle to the Galatians as a response to those who were attempting to make Gentiles Jewish: the Galatians were practically, 100% Gentiles.

And yet Peter (see 1 Peter 1:1) wrote his epistle to the Galatians and to those in Bithynia (as well as a few other places), which the Holy Spirit forbad Paul to minister to those in Bithynia (Acts of the Apostles 16:7) and therefore, 1 Peter is written to two different groups of people: 1) those who were inundated with Paul's theology; and 2) those who were completely devoid of Paul's theology.

But the point being, that Peter wrote to the Galatians who were primarily Gentiles, if not 100% Gentiles.

Therefore you would have to include Peter as an author to the Gentiles by the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that I have Jewish blood in me, and that, as such, Colossians 3:1-4 does not fail to apply to me; for it is a portion of the word of God that is to all people; not just Gentiles. I am not going to be excluded from heaven if I do have Jewish blood.

And Paul wrote his epistle to the Galatians as a response to those who were attempting to make Gentiles Jewish: the Galatians were practically, 100% Gentiles.

And yet Peter (see 1 Peter 1:1) wrote his epistle to the Galatians and to those in Bithynia (as well as a few other places), which the Holy Spirit forbad Paul to minister to those in Bithynia (Acts of the Apostles 16:7) and therefore, 1 Peter is written to two different groups of people: 1) those who were inundated with Paul's theology; and 2) those who were completely devoid of Paul's theology.

But the point being, that Peter wrote to the Galatians who were primarily Gentiles, if not 100% Gentiles.

Therefore you would have to include Peter as an author to the Gentiles by the Holy Spirit.
My Mother always said there was some Jewish blood in our family, also.

Ancestry has nothing to do with anything today, especially since Israel was set aside 1956 years ago. Jews, today, are considered just another Gentile nation, in God's eyes, with no special privileges. They will be back in God's graces in about 2064 and prophecy will once again start to be fulfilled. Proof they're not God's people today is that, with no temple, they can't keep the law. In past dispensations, not keeping the law could be a capital crime. Look at it as a 2000 year sabbatical for Israel. God is now calling out Gentiles and Jews who believe in Jesus Christ as Savior, to occupy His abode, Heavenly Places.

Galatians was written to Gentiles that were part of Israel in Acts. You must look at them as Israelites, as they partook of Israel's blessings and were grafted into Israel. Their Hope was the 100% Israel New Jerusalem, Galatians 4:26.

Colossians has absolutely nothing to do with Israel, except for those Jews today that have essentially become Gentiles and believe in Christ as their Savior.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Galatian Christians were in danger by the Judaizers who said that they could not be saved unless they became a part of Israel in the sense of becoming circumcised Jews. Paul fought in that book for the concept that they were saved through faith in Jesus apart from circumcision (i.e. becoming Jewish); even to the point of saying that if they allowed themselves to be circumcised, they would be indebted to obey the whole law and would be fallen from grace.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The Galatian Christians were in danger by the Judaizers who said that they could not be saved unless they became a part of Israel in the sense of becoming circumcised Jews. Paul fought in that book for the concept that they were saved through faith in Jesus apart from circumcision (i.e. becoming Jewish); even to the point of saying that if they allowed themselves to be circumcised, they would be indebted to obey the whole law and would be fallen from grace.
A similar tendency is also a background to the Epistle to the Hebrews.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A similar tendency is also a background to the Epistle to the Hebrews.
Indeed...the author of Hebrews was writing to a group of Jewish people who had come to faith in Jesus Christ...who were considering going back to Judaism, and in doing so, forsaking the doctrine brought to them by Jesus and the apostles.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Indeed...the author of Hebrews was writing to a group of Jewish people who had come to faith in Jesus Christ...who were considering going back to Judaism, and in doing so, forsaking the doctrine brought to them by Jesus and the apostles.
Proves the need to be well rooted and grounded in the Scriptures, prayerfully, and as a daily habit.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I believe in water baptism after one has forsaken their sins and become born again of Yeshua's spirit; water baptism is symbolic of the old man being buried and the new man coming forth in newness of life in Yeshua. With that said, water cannot wash away sin. Only the blood of Jesus can do that, as it's written in Scripture.

1 John 1

[7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
Baptism is symbolic; it's faith in the work of Christ at the Cross where He shed His blood for sinners, that saves.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct; and when that takes place, the believer goes on to sin no more.

SOooo you live sin-free?
Howzat woking for you?
I have met a sinless Christian because of the blood of the Lamb, and the work of His cross. I have never yet met a sinless Christian by their own merit.

Reactions: Dave L and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Correct; and when that takes place, the believer goes on to sin no more.
I don't believe in sinless perfection: in principle the believer does not want to sin (John 8; 'Go, and sin no more'), but we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 John 2), if we do. 'No longer shall sin have dominion, Though present to tempt and annoy'.

Reactions: Nancy