On How to be saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say that we Gentiles today, who have no association at all with Israel, are under the new Covenant?

I already told you, and you didn't hear: why do you want to hear it again? (Do you also want to be His disciple?)

Ac28

May 18, 2016
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suggest you read the thread that is in progress that I started, Commentary on Romans., to get the answer to this question.

However I will say also that 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is primary.

I'm not going to plod through your writings on Romans, which you think applies to us today, but doesn't. Did you say in there that all during Acts, only Israel had the covenants?

In Romans 9:4, About Acts 20, 58AD, the last book Paul wrote during Acts, the Gentiles, who were part of Israel at that time, did not have the covenants. What makes you think we have them now, when we're NOT part of Israel. Also, note that Gentiles during Acts didn't have the adoption, when means they weren't Sons and therefore had no inheritance
Rom 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

After Acts, in Paul's last 7 books, there is no mention of Gentiles having the New Covenant. So, in the entire Bible, it never says Gentiles had the New Covenant. When the Bible is silent, we also must be silent.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to plod through your writings on Romans, which you think applies to us today, but doesn't. Did you say in there that all during Acts, only Israel had the covenants?

In Romans 9:4, About Acts 20, 58AD, the last book Paul wrote during Acts, the Gentiles, who were part of Israel at that time, did not have the covenants. What makes you think we have them now, when we're NOT part of Israel. Also, note that Gentiles during Acts didn't have the adoption, when means they were't Sons and therefore had no inheritance
Rom 9:4
Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;

After Acts, in Paul's last 7 books, there is no mention of Gentiles having the New Covenant. So, in the entire Bible, it never says Gentiles had the New Covenant. When the Bible is silent, we also must be silent.
Ephesians 3:6 teaches that the Gentiles are recipients of the New Covenant.

Romans 11:16-24 teaches that the Gentiles were graffed into the church, which is identified as the olive tree, Israel.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born again means resurrection. Only Christ has been been born again.
Proof:
Jn 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
1Cor 15:50
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God

The only way to satisfy both requirements to get into the Kingdom of God is to be resurrected
One must become dead to sin and alive through Jesus' resurrection.
Romans 6
[1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?[2] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?[3] Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?[4] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.[5] For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our own righteousness as filthy rags... but what about Acts 2:38.. what you are doing about Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We have to repent and we have to stand in the water to be baptized but GOD will be the one who will forgive and wash away our sins and gives us the Holy Ghost...

I believe in water baptism after one has forsaken their sins and become born again of Yeshua's spirit; water baptism is symbolic of the old man being buried and the new man coming forth in newness of life in Yeshua. With that said, water cannot wash away sin. Only the blood of Jesus can do that, as it's written in Scripture.

1 John 1

[7] But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
so iow a completely illogical denial of your position @ "the Blood" and "Jesus did it all" elsewhere?
i mean i have no...personal objections, ok, but how can one person even believe both of these things?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so iow a completely illogical denial of your position @ "the Blood" and "Jesus did it all" elsewhere?
i mean i have no...personal objections, ok, but how can one person even believe both of these things?
How do you see these things as being contradictory to each other?

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Acts of the Apostles 22:16. It has been said that "the blood is in the water."

I don't see the blood of Jesus in the water according to Acts 22:16. The water is symbolic, but the blood is literal. The power is in the blood.

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 22:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Water is symbolic is symbolic of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Life resides in the blood, your physical life and that of animals per the Bible is in the blood.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You cannot approach God or receive anything from God without faith... IT is foundation
So.. it starts by GRACE (unmerited favor of God)... grace is a teacher... ... then comes FAITH (we got to believe in order to receive anything from God) then comes CONFESSION (confessing our sins to God) then comes REPENTANCE (asking God to forgive us)
then BAPTISM (washing away) then Holy Ghost (with evidence of speaking in tongues Acts 2:1-4, Acts 10, Acts 19, etc...) then lving a Holy and separated life...
ALL of this has to have FAITH but without works FAITH is dead...
God bless.

Man can create his lists ..man can label his boxes.
Man can 'say' how and what order God does this , that or the other.

God is not a legalist...God will not politely stay in any neat box man makes for Him.

God saves when, where, and however He choses to deal with any child of His.
God is not a God of formula's...He never has been, He deals with no one person the same.

Man may write his books on "how to -----" but He can never corner God.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is not a God of formula's...
While I agree with your general position, all mathematics, physics and chemistry formulas comes from the natural laws which God has embedded in the universe. So in one sense God is the Supreme Mathematician and formulas are a part of his universe.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our own righteousness as filthy rags... but what about Acts 2:38.. what you are doing about Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
We have to repent and we have to stand in the water to be baptized but GOD will be the one who will forgive and wash away our sins and gives us the Holy Ghost...

We already HAVE, so why are you so obsessed with Acts 2:38 :eek:

I wish now I had started counting just how many times you have quoted that verse...over and over and over again.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While I agree with your general position, all mathematics, physics and chemistry formulas comes from the natural laws which God has embedded in the universe. So in one sense God is the Supreme Mathematician and formulas are a part of his universe.

Maybe so.
But when man starts to list orders and formulas and saying that they are THE correct and only formula...he is building a religion of it...as the Pharisees did .

If we all shared here just how God spoke to us and what He said and how He drew us to Himself. It would NOT be a cookie cutter neat and tidy box ..like the OP etc.
This guy insists that - " This is the way God does it.."
That may be his story, but not mine, and probably not everyones.
He is building a doctrine of his own making.
That is what I was trying to point out.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The doctrine that goes in line with Acts of the Apostles 2:38 may be offensive to those who want to believe that salvation is Universal.

D

Dave L

The doctrine that goes in line with Acts of the Apostles 2:38 may be offensive to those who want to believe that salvation is Universal.
How do you interpret Acts 2:38? I'm curious because I see it differently than most, especially the oneness folks.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see the blood of Jesus in the water according to Acts 22:16. The water is symbolic, but the blood is literal. The power is in the blood.

Acts 22:16 New International Version (NIV)
16 And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.’

Water is symbolic is symbolic of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Life resides in the blood, your physical life and that of animals per the Bible is in the blood.

How does water wash away your sins? Isn't it the blood that does this? Nevertheless it is written here that your sins will be washed away when you are baptized in water...how does the blood apply when we get baptized in water? Water is symbolic of the baptism of the Spirit...but baptism in the Spirit is not the same as being washed in the blood of the Lamb...these are two distinct and separate things!

The point being that, whether the blood is in the water or not...being baptized in water, in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, will bring about the result of washing away your sins. So if the blood is required for your sins to be washed away, then somehow the blood is applied to you when you go under the water. See also 1 John 5:8.