Once in Heaven, can you lose your salvation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
ah, jeez, and you do?
quite often i guess; being fractious here

oh, i could think of several reasons--even though fwiw i agree with you here pretty much--one being to illuminate how special "the dust of the earth" is, or to display His Majesty in other perspectives, time, space, even physics maybe. Iow to allow physicists room to discover how precisely the universe was constructed, or to reveal the nature of time. Some other metaphysical possibilities too i guess

The word of God proves it. Plus, if you have observant eyes, you will see it around you in everything God created. So He didn't have to create the vast and ever expanding universe to do that.

God has already told us in His word how special human beings are.....God said, Let us make man in our image, and let them have dominion over the Earth. Not even the angels in Heaven were made in God's image or given the right to rule.

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God has already told us in His word
I do believe it is stated also, that at some point God will say, that in the end mankind is without excuse, because the attributes of God are clearly seen in all of His creation....Surely I agree with that 100%...As well, science keeps unveiling more and more of how God made things and how He made it work....Just astonishing stuff.....The entire universe, right from it's beginning, the beginning of time from our perspective, our phenomenally unique solar system, right down to the smallest and the biggest lifeforms here on our earth....I could go on for hours.....All so very fine tuned to even be here, and thankfully a fair few scientists have discovered this and have spoken out about it....Glory to God.. :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but you don't seen to understand that the saints, the righteous men and women of God in the Old Testament will not be mortal

That would be true.
I do not believe OT saints or NT saints or any saintly man dead in his Flesh, IN Christ, shall be raise MORTAL.

. Arent you aware that Jesus said the saints will rule with Him?

Saints with Christ in "HIS" Kingdom shall rule with Him, in His Kingdom.
And there shall for 1,000 years be MORTAL kingdoms.

.....that when Jesus returns the saints and all the rightious men and woman of God who have died, will be raised from the dead and given glorified bodies.

Uh huh....and you MADE the OT saints "in your first statement"..."RAISED MORTALS"!
And are now contradicting yourself.

They will no longer be mortal. Aren't you aware that the scripture say that they will be like Jesus, because they will see Him as He is? If you like, I can show you the scriptures that I'm refering to that back up what I'm saying.

I don't require Scriptural backup for "saints" to be raised IMMORTAL, I already know that.

But you can attempt to backup your first statement, claiming OT saints will be raised...
MORTAL.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then it means you disagree with Jesus.

Which part specific are you claiming is me disagreeing with Jesus?

The Father commaned us in the scriptures to listen to Jesus.

Uh huh. And? Are you claiming I don't?
Prove that.

Jesus onced asked, why call Him Lord and not do what He say to do?

And? Again, what do you claim Jesus said TO DO, that you claim, I have not?

Jesus even said, if we don't listen to those whom He has sent out, they are not listing to Him, and and those who are not listing Him are not listing to the Father.

And? Again, WHOM did Jesus SEND OUT, and TO WHOM?
Jesus SENT OUT, 11 Jews to minister to Jews.
Jesus SENT OUT, Paul to minister to Gentiles.
I am a Gentile.

So, what is your proof, I have not Listened to him?

It's every child of God's responsibility to be preaching the kingdom of God, regardless of what gifts they were given.

Your backup Scripture?

God Bless,
Taken

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Which part specific are you claiming is me disagreeing with Jesus?

Uh huh. And? Are you claiming I don't?
Prove that.

And? Again, what do you claim Jesus said TO DO, that you claim, I have not?

And? Again, WHOM did Jesus SEND OUT, and TO WHOM?
Jesus SENT OUT, 11 Jews to minister to Jews.
Jesus SENT OUT, Paul to minister to Gentiles.
I am a Gentile.

So, what is your proof, I have not Listened to him?

Your backup Scripture?

God Bless,
Taken

This is the message Jesus commands His people to preach to the world

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Jesus said the end will come when the kingdom of God is preached to all the Nations

Matthew 24:14 (ASV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
That would be true.
I do not believe OT saints or NT saints or any saintly man dead in his Flesh, IN Christ, shall be raise MORTAL.

Saints with Christ in "HIS" Kingdom shall rule with Him, in His Kingdom.
And there shall for 1,000 years be MORTAL kingdoms.

Uh huh....and you MADE the OT saints "in your first statement"..."RAISED MORTALS"!
And are now contradicting yourself.

I don't require Scriptural backup for "saints" to be raised IMMORTAL, I already know that.

But you can attempt to backup your first statement, claiming OT saints will be raised...
MORTAL.

God Bless,
Taken

I didn't say the saints will be raised mortal. I said the saints will not be raised mortal. It's another way of saying they will be raised immortal.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I do believe it is stated also, that at some point God will say, that in the end mankind is without excuse, because the attributes of God are clearly seen in all of His creation....Surely I agree with that 100%...As well, science keeps unveiling more and more of how God made things and how He made it work....Just astonishing stuff.....The entire universe, right from it's beginning, the beginning of time from our perspective, our phenomenally unique solar system, right down to the smallest and the biggest lifeforms here on our earth....I could go on for hours.....All so very fine tuned to even be here, and thankfully a fair few scientists have discovered this and have spoken out about it....Glory to God.. :)

However, the statment to me was that God could have created the universe to show how special human beings are. So I mentioned that God doesn't need to create the universe just to show us how special we are, because He alsready told us in the Bible that He made and created human beings in His image. There's a reason why God made human beings in His image. If He just wanted subjects or servants, God didn't need to make human beings in His image and likeness.

But God created the universe for His children to have a place for them to exercise their right to rule. The children of God can't be kings in Heaven, because that is God's domain.....He's already king there.

Reactions: pia

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God wasn't defining what Heaven is. Do you really believe that God is literally sitting on Heaven and has a foot resting on the Earth?

I really believe Heaven IS Gods THRONE.
And He RULES "from" His SEAT of SUPREME Authority., HIS TRHONE!

And WHAT He RULES OVER is ALL THINGS He has Created....His Estate, His Heaven, His Earth, His created celestials, His created terrestrials.

Do I need to See Gods FOOT dangling upon the Earth to know, Where He is seated? No.

Do I need to try a built a tower to HOPE to peek at Gods THRONE in Heaven, to KNOW, His THRONE exists, and is Complete Power? No.

You asked a question. i gave you the Biblical answer.

Now you want to attempt to make a carnal arugument about Gods Spiritual Power...

Not interested.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the message Jesus commands His people to preach to the world

And? Have you FIGURED OUT WHO precisely is "HIS" people?

Since, we are in agreement it is "HIS" People who ARE "qualified" TO "preach" TO the "world" the "kingdom of God".

Again, WHO ARE "His" people, according to you?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say the saints will be raised mortal. I said the saints will not be raised mortal. It's another way of saying they will be raised immortal.

Okay, got ya.

And? WHO according to you, are the "saints"?

Men who ARE saved and born again?
Only certain OT men?
Elaborate.

What does A "saint", mean to you?

God Bless,
Taken

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Okay, got ya.

And? WHO according to you, are the "saints"?

Men who ARE saved and born again?
Only certain OT men?
Elaborate.

What does A "saint", mean to you?

God Bless,
Taken

God's people. Jesus' brothers and sisters. The profits and other righeous man an woman of God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
And? Have you FIGURED OUT WHO precisely is "HIS" people?

Since, we are in agreement it is "HIS" People who ARE "qualified" TO "preach" TO the "world" the "kingdom of God".

Again, WHO ARE "His" people, according to you?

God Bless,
Taken

The people who are obeying what Jesus told them to do.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I really believe Heaven IS Gods THRONE.
And He RULES "from" His SEAT of SUPREME Authority., HIS TRHONE!

And WHAT He RULES OVER is ALL THINGS He has Created....His Estate, His Heaven, His Earth, His created celestials, His created terrestrials.

Do I need to See Gods FOOT dangling upon the Earth to know, Where He is seated? No.

Do I need to try a built a tower to HOPE to peek at Gods THRONE in Heaven, to KNOW, His THRONE exists, and is Complete Power? No.

You asked a question. i gave you the Biblical answer.

Now you want to attempt to make a carnal arugument about Gods Spiritual Power...

Not interested.

God Bless,
Taken

Like I said, it shows that God is bigger than both Earth and Heaven. In other words, Heaven and the universe exist in God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who else would be God's people if not those who are doing what Jesus commanded them to do?

Gods' People ARE those WHO Are Saved and Born Again.

Gods' People ARE those WHOM He calls by the NAME "ISRAEL". Not a land, Not a nation, Not Jacob, Not men hearing ABOUT Him, Not men by what they call Themselves.

Gods People ARE those WHO Are Born Again WITH Gods Seed.

THEY have a ONE ON ONE personal relationship WITH the Lord, and THEY do WHAT the Lord calls "THEM" to do.

The Lord Himself Knows and Sees, What HIS People DO or DO NOT DO.

You MIGHT get a glimpse of what other men do....but YOU are not with or in that man 24-7, are you? God IS.

The Lord did not come to SAVE "HIS" People.
The Lord came to SAVE men, THAT were/are NOT His People, TO SAVE them, TO Birth them FROM HIS SEED, "MAKING" them "HIS PEOPLE.

God Bless,
Taken