• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Dove said our "past, present, and future" sins are forgiven. I told him only our "past" sins are forgiven and then we don't sin again. She said something similar, so I asked him then WHY then does she say our "future" sins are forgiven when he himself doesn't believe we will sin. It was a question for him to change his vernacular to the truth. No where in the Bible does it say our "present and future" sins are continually forgiven as we commit them, so don't add those words.
The problem is (and I called you on it), is that your vernacular is also not according to scripture...which I said.

While you found it necessary to dispute whether or not "present and future sins" are specifically addressed in the scriptures in those words or not, you followed her in that wording, and yet did not correctly answer. The point, according to scripture does not address past, present, and future in the way your discussion was going (and still seems to be), but only, that a sinner sins, and one born again does not.

The reason that this is true and that it is not a matter of past, present, and future, is indeed covered in the scriptures: Because those born again are born again of the spirit of God, past, present, and future do not apply. As it is written: Jesus whom is God, "is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, and yet you still attack. You still twist my words, and that is that spirit I was addressing earlier.

Very few men know how to apologize and you and Zachary wrote the book.
Quoting you and correcting you and explaining to you, is not an attack.

On the other hand, your accusations are. Bad fruit.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I believe that @GodsGrace is a sister.

Might even be that unrebukable, Spirit of the Lord:

1Co 14:34, Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35, And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1Co 14:36, What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
1Co 14:37, If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:38, But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant.

1Ti 2:9, In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
1Ti 2:10, But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
1Ti 2:11, Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12, But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13, For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14, And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15, Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Right....but there is also scripture that points to the fact that the Lord provides in a permanent way the conditions laid forth as being necessary to keep salvation.

Where is that located?
As I've said...I dislike debating this with you for the reasons I said.
I praise God that you live for Him and teach others to do the same.

I also am of the feeling that women should not be priests or pastors or deacons.
As to teaching...it would depend on the woman and the teaching would be to laity.

Could you clarify....are you saying Eve is responsible for the fall?
I doubt you mean this since you're a very learned person.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have spent years, literally talking to a group who very much believe they can have no fruit and still be saved.
They do so far as to say if you believe anything you do is part of being accepted by God, then that is adding to
Christs work, so devaluing its worth and beauty.

To suggest Jesus said fruitless trees are doomed is for them heresy and self righteous justification and the opposite
of the gospel. They will get so angry if they were allowed it would be a torrent of expletives.

And this is why I understand the fruit of such a belief and also the blindness involved. One simple reason why I oppose
such things is doing evil and harming others is the opposite of love and truly grievous, yet to these folk evil is not relevant,
but rather daring to suggest man could be called worthy in Christ and walk in His ways. They regard this as anti-Christ, and
treat brothers and sisters in Christ as the enemy for testifying to the work of the Lord in their hearts.

I had a conversation on the principle a believer went and murdered someone and left the faith, in their eyes they are still
saved and secure. I exposed one believer who was abusive and swearing, a real gun toting right winger, and there view
was this was fine, acceptable to the Lord because their sin was forgiven past present and future. For exposing this believer
I was banned from the site. So truth, honesty, integrity and justice are simply no longer relevant to these folk.
I've also had this experience and can confirm all you state.

Perhaps persons such as @Nondenom40 find it difficult to believe persons such as this exist might be because he's new to these forums and I truly doubt anyone in a church setting would confess that they believe they could murder someone (to use your example) and still be saved.

I've read one person say that after salvation one could blaspheme the Holy Spirit and still be saved.

I'm posting because I think it's important to know what outlandish ideas some persons have and that their soul is in danger and they don't even accept/know it.

Reactions: FollowHim

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 minutes from now, the sins that I commit twenty minutes into the future will be in the past.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor. 14 verses are added. Read the passage without those two off the wall verses and see the uninterrupted context.

1 Tim. verses are Paul's advice to Timothy only. They are not commandments of the Lord for all time.
No, you are actually taking away the verses in 1 Corinthians 14; and concerning the verses in 1 Timothy 2 are denying that the word of the Lord is eternal/timeless.

You can try to explain these passages away, but the way that you have done so will be to your everlasting destruction. For whoever takes away from the word, the Lord will take his/her part out of the book of life (Revelation 22:19 (kjv)).

It is the role of women in the church to obey the scriptures and do good works that don't involve teaching God's word.

This is because women are not analytical as men have been created to be. They can be corrupted by their emotions concerning the teaching of a scripture. Adam was formed first, then Eve. And the man wasn't deceived; but the woman being deceived fell into transgression. It has been said that Adam partook of the fruit also simply because he loved his wife.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've said...I dislike debating this with you for the reasons I said.
I praise God that you live for Him and teach others to do the same.

I also am of the feeling that women should not be priests or pastors or deacons.
As to teaching...it would depend on the woman and the teaching would be to laity.

Could you clarify....are you saying Eve is responsible for the fall?
I doubt you mean this since you're a very learned person.
Actually, the ultimate blame for the fall goes to satan, then to Eve, and then to Adam.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you are actually taking away the verses in 1 Corinthians 14; and concerning the verses in 1 Timothy 2 are denying that the word of the Lord is eternal/timeless.

You can try to explain these passages away, but the way that you have done so will be to your everlasting destruction. For whoever takes away from the word, the Lord will take his/her part out of the book of life (Revelation 22:19 (kjv)).

It is the role of women in the church to obey the scriptures and do good works that don't involve teaching God's word.

This is because women are not analytical as men have been created to be. They can be corrupted by their emotions concerning the teaching of a scripture. Adam was formed first, then Eve. And the man wasn't deceived; but the woman being deceived fell into transgression. It has been said that Adam partook of the fruit also simply because he loved his wife.

justbyfaith, I take it you are male.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quoting you and correcting you and explaining to you, is not an attack.

On the other hand, your accusations are. Bad fruit.

This was your false attack: "No...that is against the scriptures" Not once have you apologized for your error. You still twist and turn trying to make something my fault. Those who cannot apologize cannot repent. That is bad fruit, which again you try to pin on me. Shame on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was your false attack: "No...that is against the scriptures" Not once have you apologized for your error. You still twist and turn trying to make something my fault. Those who cannot apologize cannot repent. That is bad fruit, which again you try to pin on me. Shame on you.
That was no error. The error was you not agreeing with the scriptures...which I quoted you doing, and the scriptures.

But, hey, thanks for establishing the fact that you cannot repent. Indeed, that is bad fruit. Your loss, by your own judgement.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was no error. The error was you not agreeing with the scriptures...which I quoted you doing, and the scriptures.

But, hey, thanks for establishing the fact that you cannot repent. Indeed, that is bad fruit. Your loss, by your own judgement.

What is screwy is we believe the same which I've said over and over, and yet what we both believe you say is not according to scripture. What? You think if you say a scripture it is right, and if I say it, it's not. THAT is clearly Leviathan, the twisting serpent demon.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is screwy is we believe the same which I've said over and over, and yet what we both believe you say is not according to scripture. What? You think if you say a scripture it is right, and if I say it, it's not. THAT is clearly Leviathan, the twisting serpent demon.
Nah, that's just you squirming. So much for repenting.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah, that's just you squirming. So much for repenting.

You asked me to reconcile 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 and I did. Do you believe something different to what I answered? Do you believe 1 John 1:8 is speaking of a born again of the Spirit Christian (the only kind)? Is 1 John 3:9 true or false as written?

Remember, other people can read this thread and tell that you falsely accused me. You had me in tears earlier until I realized it wasn't you - we believe the truth alike - it was a twisting spirit so I rebuked it. But it hasn't let go of you yet. Stop feeding it with your hate!

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked me to reconcile 1 John 1:8 and 1 John 3:9 and I did. Do you believe something different to what I answered? Do you believe 1 John 1:8 is speaking of a born again of the Spirit Christian (the only kind)? Is 1 John 3:9 true or false as written?

Remember, other people can read this thread and tell that you falsely accused me. You had me in tears earlier until I realized it wasn't you - we believe the truth alike - it was a twisting spirit so I rebuked it. But it hasn't let go of you yet. Stop feeding it with your hate!
You had not reconciled the two verses, but spoke against their reconciliation; then you reconciled them only when I brought them to your attention, contradicting yourself; then you defended yourself saying you were right the whole time, not admitting to your error; and now you persist, while continuing to blame me and accuse me of having a demon.

Like I said, "You have a real problem." You should "examine yourself." And you may want to take your own advice and "repent." I would also recommend you stop digging yourself deeper into that hole you've made for yourself.

But you're right about one thing: It's all hear for anyone to read for themselves.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had not reconciled the two verses, but spoke against their reconciliation; then you reconciled them only when I brought them to your attention, contradicting yourself; then you defended yourself saying you were right the whole time, not admitting to your error; and now you persist, while continuing to blame me and accuse me of having a demon.

Like I said, "You have a real problem." You should "examine yourself." And you may want to take your own advice and "repent." I would also recommend you stop digging yourself deeper into that hole you've made for yourself.

But you're right about one thing: It's all hear for anyone to read for themselves.

How did I speak against their reconciliation. They can't be reconciled. One is a non-Christian, the other a Christian. I don't know what you mean. Are you saying we don't agree on those verses? It is what I have always taught on the forums. You are acting like I changed my view to yours, when it was you that just misunderstood what I was saying. Go back and read it for yourself from page 6. You are still being a horrid person and need to repent.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did I speak against their reconciliation. I don't know what you mean. Are you saying we don't agree on those verses? It is what I have always taught on the forums. You are acting like I changed my view to yours, when it was you that just misunderstood what I was saying.
Look...I didn't misunderstand...I quoted you, and we have been through all this twice. You said I should go back and read it, and I did, and then I quoted you again. I'm not going to do it a third time.

PS, I am not mad at you, and I don't care to keep going at it like this. But if you want to review it, please do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look...I didn't misunderstand...I quoted you, and we have been through all this twice. You said I should go back and read it, and I did, and then I quoted you again. I'm not going to do it a third time.

You quoted me asking him a question as to why he believed that. I DIDN'T BELIEVE IT MYSELF!!! Christians do NOT commit willful sins in the future, except for you. But that is the demon speaking, not you. Go ahead and keep the slimy thing if you are so attached to it. You can't see the truth, and I'm not going to explain it to someone who only twists my words.

It is obvious I was wrong. We are nothing alike.

Good night.

Last edited: