• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is as simple as A-B-C.

1. Assurance

2. (For the) Born Again

3. (Who are) Created in Christ as new creatures, and appointed unto good works.

Love that...all of it. It is not the solution. Solved or unsolved, every time you pick a side, you prove me right. Every time you quote a scripture on these topics to prove your side, you prove me right. As the battling scriptures continue, it proves me right. They can't win! There will be no resolution until they understand. It does not take a crystal ball for me to look into future and see this will go on and on and on.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Solved or unsolved, every time you pick a side, you prove me right.
There is no question of "picking sides" when it comes to Gospel Truth.

One can either believe the true Gospel or believe a false gospel. So since the true Gospel proclaims that salvation is by grace through faith, that settles the matter (Eph 2:8,9 and many other Scriptures).

Now if someone comes along and claims that salvation is by grace + works, he is obviously contradicting God. Ignore him.

So if you think this is some kind of ping-pong or tennis match, you are sadly mistaken. God does not contradict Himself, neither God does God tolerate false gospels (Galatians 1).

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Why you can sin. Scriptures indicating that you can sin. These are from the KJV feel free to look them up in the version of your choice.

Mt:12:36: But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

What if they're really right or rough?

Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire
Because of free will and family and father's.
Mt:7:2: For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Yes. To each his own.

Hebrews 6:4-8
4: For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5: And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7: For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

What of freewill or being themselves? You expect me to believe this garbage?
Hebrews 10: 26-31
26: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27: But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28: He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30: For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Good aspirations help. People can't live your life. Just do the best you can.

2nd Peter 2:4-22
4: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment 5: And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6: And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; 7: And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11: Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. 12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they nderstand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 13: And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 14: Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 15: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16: But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. 17: These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19: While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21: For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22: But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Why do you judge what someone else wants to do?

2Cor:5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

What if it's both?
2Pt:2:9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

Freewill and discernment.

2Pt:3:7: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Well I like me but I hope others make it then. I'm good enough.

Jude:1:15: To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Too much of anything isn't good or sin if I'm a sinner. What the hell is the big deal with all this childish hatred towards me? It's nonsense. I haven't done anything wrong.

Rom:1:32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
This isn't the judgement of GOD. I am a child of GOD and have rights.
Rom:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Who Adam? And is everything always sin with you?

Rom:6:12: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Sin sin sin. Bothersome.

Rom:6:13: Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Whoever truly wants this then it's a good thing. Like I said I'm good enough.

Rom:6:16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
No. It's freewill.

Rom:7:23: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

1Cor:15:56: The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Gal:3:22: But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

I believe in progress and Jesus. Progress counts.

Rom:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1Cor:6:18: Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.
Maybe so.

2Cor:12:21: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
Okay. I already do.

2Cor:13:2: I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

1Tm:1:15: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Jesus name is worthy. He is the creators son, but is there only one aspect to anybody?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Love that...all of it. It is not the solution. Solved or unsolved, every time you pick a side, you prove me right. Every time you quote a scripture on these topics to prove your side, you prove me right. As the battling scriptures continue, it proves me right. They can't win! There will be no resolution until they understand. It does not take a crystal ball for me to look into future and see this will go on and on and on.
Because Christianity isn't the all end all number one solution, freewill is.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

One can either believe the true Gospel or believe a false gospel. So since the true Gospel proclaims that salvation is by grace through faith, that settles the matter (Eph 2:8,9 and many other Scriptures).

Now if someone comes along and claims that salvation is by grace + works, he is obviously contradicting God. Ignore him.

So if you think this is some kind of ping-pong or tennis match, you are sadly mistaken. God does not contradict Himself, neither God does God tolerate false gospels (Galatians 1).
What about faith in yourself and works?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting your faith in yourself and/or your works will not get you anywhere with the Lord.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No. But the question is what is purity or being clean? A lot of things make us unclean, yet equally we can also
be purified. And nothing is perfect in a static way, rather we are always changing and moving forward.
We hate the idea of insecurity and travelling but love to arrive and be safe. What if life is about the path and
change, and taking on challenges and growth is eternal?
I agree, FH.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Putting your faith in yourself and/or your works will not get you anywhere with the Lord.
I have fa I th in myself. Faith in the father as well, whom the father is. The Bible, or lord, says faith without works is dead.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope, not ping-pong....big bass on the line, you can give a good fight but the lists stands and when you pull one of the scriptures to throw at someone to prove your side, you prove my point...back and forth, back and forth, on and on, on and on. lol

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I agree theology does matter, because it is Gods word extended into a framework of understanding.
But without a spiritual encounter with Jesus, being cleansed and purified, brought to the cross and seeing
things in the perspective of the Holy Spirit, nothing will ever be seen right.

I found this out because what I share is very basic and simple, yet I was condemned as being evil, deceived,
lost and empty. This was not because of theology but some emotional experiences people had that formed
their view of faith and human nature. So set these folk appear to be, talking theology seems only to annoy them
and cause rages. And these guys grew up in the church and know theology over 30+ years.

Something else is at play, which we need to defend and identify, because many less aware people are being led
astray and deceived, even when the words and fruit indicate serious issues are afoot. What I found interesting
is often verses where taken from a different perspective than I expected, which actually made a different case
than the one they used them for. Once one saw Jesus's intention, their use is absurd. It makes me wonder
that many of our issues are just not pressing on enough and we get too distracted by these superficial lost
sinners who claim so much but deliver nothing. God bless you.
What's a superficial lost sinner? Please describe thistle.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
FH, if you mean me I already delivered much, on both sides. And I have delivered much both here and on beliefnet, and done much with my life. What do you mean?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Evolution has expanded the whole globe. From radios to telephones all the way from wagons to cars, CD players, CDs, DVDs, the internet, television, huts to houses, computers, language, learning, writing styles, music, etc. Do you think I am not evolved too? Or superstitious? Some superficial nobody? A superficial lost sinner? NO. I'm the real thing.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
It is as simple as A-B-C.

1. Assurance

2. (For the) Born Again

3. (Who are) Created in Christ as new creatures, and appointed unto good works.
Christ saved sinners from sin so that they get victory for sins, show or prove they're sorry for their sins, show improvement in this area, repent and turn away from sins or their evil way. If they go to Jesus willingly they are saved to not sin anymore. They are not in grave to continue to sin number and Jesus claims that he is the way the truth and the door, or the light. He asks Christians to knock, seek, and ask. "For who when his son asks for food would give him a stone"? They are to offer spiritual offerings to God through Jesus. He is the son of God and he was crucified on the cross as a sacrifice for sin and to get washed by his blood is to be cleansed of sin through the holy spirit, the house of God. The christ body already works together or fights. God gives talents, or gifts such as discernment, the holy spirit, prophecy, tongues, and affirmation. Jesus and God created a work for man to fulfill and the Devil. The work is on the Earth and it is to be accomplished for the security of man. It helps people get to heaven and in the kingdom of God. You have to longsuffer, or run the race, but it's promised. There are rewards. But self discipline is key and relativity, or relevance.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"what is man that thou art mindful of? For yet his days are Littleton CO and he works and labors but he is called to the grave". The odjective is to call people to Christ so they can o Tain glory.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
And really screwk amdrew. His beliefs are garbage. Action isn't sin or being real or realistic or something like isn't neither. I'm my own and Im ordinary. I have good abilities. I'm proud of myself and to be me. He can sit behind a desk all day and do his retarded paperwork with Jews in his lap all day long but he ain't proving nothin. His scrotum is wacky Wednesday.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What's a superficial lost sinner? Please describe thistle.
Superficial - something that is not taken seriously but just appears to be accepted.
A sinner who claims faith, while it is just words without a belief either Jesus is real or that something will actually
take place in their life. This is why I use the term lost.

Thorns and thistles are words or intentions to attack and hurt another party, which have nothing encouraging or
building up. A simple for instance is to criticise another about their approach and never appreciate their strengths
or areas you want to encourage. I have met people like this, though I bring love, good works, care and life they
want to turn this into evil and destruction. There argument is I am a sinner, lying and deceiving and not what I
am saying or encouraging. So rather than encouraging others or myself to see good things come about and that
which is evil diminish their only aim is destruction.

Jesus called such as these false prophets. Their fruit is not grapes or figs, that give food for life.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
FH, if you mean me I already delivered much, on both sides. And I have delivered much both here and on beliefnet, and done much with my life. What do you mean?

I am an encourager and do not know what people have done or not done. Jesus always is calling us on, into the life
and reality He lays through His word. When I discuss things it is not personal but about the subjects to hand. It is
how you can explore something and as a result find ways to apply it to ones own personal situation. The failure is
to assume all subjects apply to all equally, and only those that apply personally are worthwhile investigating.

God bless you