• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know he's beyond what we can perceive or understand. They are amazingly gifted. I have love for my family and relatives, and we help you. But keep in mind everyone is beautiful in some way and not everyone is a thousand year old or million year old deity and people are theirself and do what they want to do. There's a lot of fish in the sea so to speak but living is good and love is too, I know. I've experienced it and had to use it and it is good and useful at times, busy.

I need to get on. Nice exchanging posts with you. Slightly unexpected, I hope I have contributed to your day a bit.
God bless you

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Amen. But which God are we discussing? To each his own.
We change whether we like it or not. Our choice is just what we sow as we travel. Some have said we become
what we think and dwell on. It is why getting our dreams can destroy our very selves, as what we were which we
regarded of little value becomes self indulgence and privilege, rather than relationships and sharing. Wealth can
become a bigger curse than poverty.
U have no clue as to what you are saying. I've always liked how I lived and myself. But my money is for my family and myself. To think I'm paying Jews or for everybody's ride is dwluded and if all they do is hand my money out then what the hell? WHY? I've proved myself. Things already happened. What's to do, what's God doing? What's next, a Christian walk or something? Should I get a job? My car? I've been dilligent. Patiently waiting. What do I have to do, what's next? To go to a church nearby, right? What's God expecting, and which God, Bible God or Americans God? If you liked my wisdom then fine, that's all well and good. But I don't know if you can make it out to me if you can then go.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Well that put some questions on my mindset I was having a good night but what should I do, love my moneyand achievements, or Good Friday guy?
God, well what's he doing? Or money? Yes, no, maybe so? The Bible says all these things shall be added unto you when you seek first the kingdom of God. This is Jesus claim in the Bible. But can't you love both? For yourself and others? Contributing and gifts? Some extra money? Cool and warm air maybe? Seek first the kingdom of God and all these shall be added unto you...... The money? A good car? Other things like necessities you can buy with money? As a given?

Last edited:

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
A I may share and thanks, you contributed a bit.
But now I see what you meant by reaping what we sow, but we're not the only ones at fault. Family, but it isn't well without me and I will send email but it is not a good time for you to come. Wait you mean if I take the money? Please explain.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
How can wealth become a bigger curse than poverty when I'm not taking all the money?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I meant Richard from resident evil but my grandfather is still alive? I draw this from love helps? Well I do appreciate his love and concern for me. He was a great grandfather but just not always. He could be pretty funny and cool.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what Christianity has been doing for almost two millenniums, picking sides. Try arguing that point! There are two long sets of valid scriptures that say, you can sin, and a list of valid scriptures that say you cannot sin, also and…there are a full list of valid scriptures that say that salvation is solid…eternal…and a full set of valid scriptures that say you can loose your salvation. It is funny to watch these people as they argue their side, which means they deny the other scriptures….but both parties will stick their heads in the sand and say, the whole Bible is inerrant and without error! Believing one thing and say another….it is called hypocrisy. One of the more lengthy discussions Christ spoke of. The only way to make the Bible whole is to find the truth that harmonizes these scriptures. No…you cannot have your cake and eat it too. So if you believe the scriptures speak the truth, what logic is there to pick a side. Is this so hard to understand? Is the Bible divided? If you have to give up or do not care, at least respect one another’s beliefs.

All of these scriptures, when you set them against each other and when you explain them away with klondike explanations, you put all of the scriptures to question, you harm the meaning of other scriptures The Bible was written obviously in such a fashion that different interpretations can be read from it, when you take the stance that only your interpretation is right, you hurt Christianity. We are all Christians and we are divided enough. The wolves are circling, it would be best to stand together…..even sheep know this.

Your situation can best be described as a state of confusion in God's Word.

Instead of using common sense along with The Holy Spirit to understand God's Word about sin, you just chuck it all and decide to believe what you want. You cannot latch onto 1 John 3:9 and then disregard 1 John 1 and Luke 11 about our need to still repent and ask Jesus forgiveness when we slip up in future sins.

1 John 3:6 and John 5:38 do not contradict 1 John 1:8-9.

Look more closely. 1 John 3:6 shows a condition, "Whosever abideth in Him...".

It's the same thing when Apostle Paul taught about sin, especially in Romans 6 & 7. We need Jesus all the way to the end, not just one time.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your situation can best be described as a state of confusion in God's Word.

Instead of using common sense along with The Holy Spirit to understand God's Word about sin, you just chuck it all and decide to believe what you want. You cannot latch onto 1 John 3:9 and then disregard 1 John 1 and Luke 11 about our need to still repent and ask Jesus forgiveness when we slip up in future sins.

1 John 3:6 and John 5:38 do not contradict 1 John 1:8-9.

Look more closely. 1 John 3:6 shows a condition, "Whosever abideth in Him...".

It's the same thing when Apostle Paul taught about sin, especially in Romans 6 & 7. We need Jesus all the way to the end, not just one time.

Sticking your head in the sand does not solve the problem. Commons sense is if you have two groups quoting two valid sets of scriptures to support contradictory views that means there is problem....it means the resolution is not on the table....it implies that the Bible is in serious error....it means no one cares enough to look at the problem. It sets up a scenario for perpetual battling scriptures and Christians bickering to no end...forever. Yes, common sense and wisdom has to be applied, but also you have to care.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sticking your head in the sand does not solve the problem. Commons sense is if you have two groups quoting two valid sets of scriptures to support contradictory views that means there is problem....it means the resolution is not on the table....it implies that the Bible is in serious error....it means no one cares enough to look at the problem. It sets up a scenario for perpetual battling scriptures and Christians bickering to no end...forever. Yes, common sense and wisdom has to be applied, but also you have to care.

It's not me with my head in the sand brother. There is NO CONTRADICTION between those Scripture examples I gave.

If you cannot understand 1 John 3:6 has a condition with, "Whosever abideth in Him...", then you won't grasp how those 1 John 1:8-9 verses do not contradict 1 John 3:6-9.

And IF... you don't care to study how that is so, then it suggests that you simply don't care what those Scriptures are teaching with how they do not... contradict each other, and are instead working on an agenda from men's doctrines.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not me with my head in the sand brother. There is NO CONTRADICTION between those Scripture examples I gave.

If you cannot understand 1 John 3:6 has a condition with, "Whosever abideth in Him...", then you won't grasp how those 1 John 1:8-9 verses do not contradict 1 John 3:6-9.

And IF... you don't care to study how that is so, then it suggests that you simply don't care what those Scriptures are teaching with how they do not... contradict each other, and are instead working on an agenda from men's doctrines.

I have to observe the difference between reassurance of the Lords protection to the elect and warning that
if one is serious about listening to Jesus you have to follow, are not contradictatory.

With our children we protect and reassure them with our protection and safety. They know this is limited,
and bound by circumstance and age, but that does not invalidate the promises and reality. Somehow when
God speaks one set of phrases are absolute while another set are just partial. It reminds me it is only through
knowing the nature and heart of who is speaking can the context be truly understood. And here we have a
problem that only the elect who are His sheep will hear properly.

We often want to guide young believers into the truths, but we also need to recognise others will be present
who would rather invent their own versions and emphasis. I can only conclude that those who most forcibly want
others accept their version, obviously have a problem of peace and security in Jesus and must assert their version
because it is founded only in their heads and they fear the enemy will dominate, when God himself declares what
will happen and that He keeps His sheep safe.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh my! Hope you do not suffocate in that sand! There are dozens of scriptures that indicate you cannot sin and dozens of scriptures that indicate that you can sin...alternately there are dozens of scriptures that say salvation is secure and eternal and dozens of scriptures that indicate you can loose you salvation...these are all valid and correct scriptures inspired by God. So you are of no help....stick your head back in sand and proclaim everything is perfect. Will not respond to you again.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to observe the difference between reassurance of the Lords protection to the elect and warning that
if one is serious about listening to Jesus you have to follow, are not contradictatory.

With our children we protect and reassure them with our protection and safety. They know this is limited,
and bound by circumstance and age, but that does not invalidate the promises and reality. Somehow when
God speaks one set of phrases are absolute while another set are just partial. It reminds me it is only through
knowing the nature and heart of who is speaking can the context be truly understood. And here we have a
problem that only the elect who are His sheep will hear properly.

We often want to guide young believers into the truths, but we also need to recognise others will be present
who would rather invent their own versions and emphasis. I can only conclude that those who most forcibly want
others accept their version, obviously have a problem of peace and security in Jesus and must assert their version
because it is founded only in their heads and they fear the enemy will dominate, when God himself declares what
will happen and that He keeps His sheep safe.

I don't see any... Scripture backup in your words. I'm not here to do man's philosophy of trying to sound right at the expense of what God's Word actually teaches.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my! Hope you do not suffocate in that sand! There are dozens of scriptures that indicate you cannot sin and dozens of scriptures that indicate that you can sin...alternately there are dozens of scriptures that say salvation is secure and eternal and dozens of scriptures that indicate you can loose you salvation...these are all valid and correct scriptures inspired by God. So you are of no help....stick your head back in sand and proclaim everything is perfect. Will not respond to you again.

You're doing a thing called 'projecting'. It's when someone accuses another of the very act they themselves are guilty of.

I gave Scriptures examples and showed the difference. You didn't. I rest my case.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets start with the can and cannot sin scriptures.
This debate material is offered in good conscious and fellowship. Love and respect to men and to women. Any negative attitude or demeanor falls short of expectations and objectives. The following is a list of scriptures that support the belief that you cannot sin. It includes many scriptures, but it is not a complete list. There are two sets of scriptures listed one for you cannot sin and one for you can sin. These are mostly short scriptures and I welcome anyone to read the chapters, but do not be surprised if some of the scriptures are in close proximity of scriptures that indicate you can sin. The following scriptures indicate that you cannot sin. These scriptures are from NASB….here it is….

Romans 4:15 “for the Law brings about wrath, but where there is no law, neither is there violation.”

1st John 3:9 “No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.”

1st John 5:18 “We know of no one that is born of God sins; but he who was born of God keeps him and the evil one does not touch him.”

Romans 4:7&8 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will not take into account.”

Romans 5:13 “For until the Law sin was in the world; sin is not imputed when there is no Law.”

This one is important but long, basically chapter 6. Romans 6:1 “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace might increase? May it never be! How shall we who died in sin still live in it? Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in the newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, that our body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin…….10 & 11 “For the death that He died, He did to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Jesus Christ. 14 “For sin shall not be master over you, for you are not under the law, but under grace” 18 “Being then free from sin, you become the servants of righteousness.”

Romans 7:8 “But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.”

Romans 8:2 “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath me free from the law of sin and death.”

2nd Corinthians 5:21 “He made Him that knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him”

Hebrews 10:4 “For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.”

1st Cor. 9:20 “And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the Law, as under the Law, through not eing myself under the Law, that I might win those who are under the Law;”

2nd Cor. 3:3 “being manifested that you are a letter of Christ, cared for by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone, but on tablets of human hearts.”

Galations..Oh my gosh! Just read the whole thing!
Galatians 4:21 “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, do you not listen to the law?”

Galatians 5:3&4 “And I testify again to every man who receives circumcision, that he is under obligation to keep the whole Law. You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Galatians 3:12 “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us.....”

Hebrews 10:1 “For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never by the same sacrifices year by year, which they offer continually, make perfect those who draw near.”

From here it is up to you. Why do these scriptures pertaining to the belief you can sin and the scriptures that pertain to the belief that you cannot sin seem to struggle against one another. This is not about explaining away the scriptures that you do not like. Plain English, don’t get into imaginative interpretations to explain away scriptures. From here it is up to you ladies and gents…it is up to you, but this is why you go in circles, over and over again. Figure out where the truth is between them. Good luck and God’s speed.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why you can sin. Scriptures indicating that you can sin. These are from the KJV feel free to look them up in the version of your choice.

Mt:12:36: But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Mt:7:2: For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Hebrews 6:4-8
4: For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5: And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6: If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7: For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Hebrews 10: 26-31
26: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27: But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28: He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30: For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

2nd Peter 2:4-22
4: For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment 5: And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6: And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; 7: And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8: (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished: 10: But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11: Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. 12: But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they nderstand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; 13: And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; 14: Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: 15: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness; 16: But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet. 17: These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. 18: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. 19: While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. 20: For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. 21: For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 22: But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2Cor:5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

2Pt:2:9: The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

2Pt:3:7: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

Jude:1:15: To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

Rom:1:32: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Rom:5:12: Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Rom:6:12: Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

Rom:6:13: Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Rom:6:16: Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Rom:7:23: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

1Cor:15:56: The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Gal:3:22: But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

Rom:3:23: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

1Cor:6:18: Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

2Cor:12:21: And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

2Cor:13:2: I told you before, and foretell you, as if I were present, the second time; and being absent now I write to them which heretofore have sinned, and to all other, that, if I come again, I will not spare:

1Tm:1:15: This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.