Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a minute....

How about YOU define what "Epignosis" means...ACCORDING TO YOUR understanding.
I've given the official definition at least 5 dozen times on this thread alone.
It means a FULL and EXPERIENTIAL knowledge.

You cannot have a full, experiential knowledge of Christ and NOT be born again.

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Unlike Protestants, we don't pretend to know who is saved and who isn't. Salvation is guaranteed if one perseveres to the end. We cannot have infallible assurance until we are dead. That is what "the end" means. I'll spare you the reams of scripture but you will just ague about them anyway.

Persevering to the end in Matt 24 is about martyrdom inside the 70th week. It has nothing to do with our dispensation.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know a lady who has been ripping pages out of her KJV Bible because she does not agree with certain scriptures.
She has also been using a big black pen crossing out scriptures she doesn't like.

She acts like a few people on this forum.

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is OBVIOUS, "your" understanding and "my" understanding is NOT THE SAME.
"WHAT" exactly must "YOU" "endure" to your death?
Well, ya, IT IS.
PAY attention to what Scripture SAYS.
It is a HISTORICAL ACCOUNT of MENS beliefs and MEN "changing" what they BELIEVE.
No one said "He does"....."CHANGE" the "rules".
You simply do not NOT acknowledge, the rules didn't change.....but rather "MEN CHANGE"....and DECIDE WHICH "RULES" "THEY" "CHOOSE" "TO" "SUBJECT THEMSLEVES TO", become the "RULES" applicable "TO THEM individually".
Men ARE Naturally born AGAINST God.
The FIRST man, was neither Naturally born, Hebrew, Jew or Gentile.....he was WITH God and God was WITH him....he stood against God....he became subject to physical death that he had to experience...yet his soul became Saved forever unto the Lord.
NONE "ARE" SAVED, because they LEARN.
Men "ARE" SAVED, because they call on the Lord WITH heartfelt BELIEF "IN" that Lord Jesus "IS" the Christ.
Men WHO "ARE" subject TO THE LAW, "BECOME" Saved "IF" they remain in adherence "TO" the Law.
You attempt to teach.....BOTH apply to you..
THAT is false.
Almost 3,000 posts on this thread and not ONE SHRED of evidence for OSAS exists.
All we have seen are your pathetic attempts at twisting Scripture - but NOTHING from Scripture itself.

Bottom line: We are forever secure IF we endure to the end in faith.
That's the BIBLICAL truth.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Oh, yes, I heard some people say: "They were not born again in the first place."I say: "Balony".

In actuality, that's the truth. Either you're born again or not. Either you believe on the finished work of the cross or not.

Heb 4:3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, "So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest.'" And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world.

God bles

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Persevering to the end in Matt 24 is about martyrdom inside the 70th week. It has nothing to do with our dispensation.
And the rules of faith don't change for ANYBODY - no matter WHAT part of history you live in.
We must endure in faith TO THE END.

God will accept nothing less . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible makes it clear that eternal life is God's GIFT to the one who repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ, and that we are saved by God's grace, not by works of righteousness which we have done.
Therefore a genuine child of God cannot lose his or her salvation (which includes the New Birth). Just like a baby cannot be unborn and return to it's mother's womb, a regenerated Christian cannot be *un-regenerated*.
That's completely false - and the Scripture warn us about this (Matt. 5:13, Matt. 7:21, Rom. 11:22, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Peter 2:20-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19).

If we choose NOT to cooperate with grace and NOT to do the will of the Father - we will LOSE our security.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
This includes those who chose Him - then LEFT Him.

Rom 8:33-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 8:33-39 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”

This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.

Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot blot out a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God take away somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Correct. We ALL sin but as Christians, we strive not to sin or live a life of willful sin.

You're a Christian now? Could of fooled me.

Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

God bless.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're a Christian now? Could of fooled me.

Rev 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

God bless.
And that's the difference between a person IN Christ and a person who pretends to be in Christ.
We who are IN Christ don't go around accusing others of NOT being in Christ . . .

Nov 2, 2016
USA
It is a FULL and EXPERIENTIAL knowledge - much like marital relations are a full and experiential knowledge of the spouse. That's why it is called the "consummation" of a marriage. Epignosis is what happens to a person AFTER coming to Christ.

There you go again, comparing earthly marriage to heavenly marriage, earthly dad to heavenly dad. :rolleyes:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
There has been many posts on this forum outlining why OSAS is a wrong doctrine.

OSAS is truth. Jesus Christ died for past, present and future sins. Do you not believe? God bless.

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Reactions: Taken and LC627