Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if that servant (the Christian) shall say in his heart,
My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and the maidservants (Muslims) and to eat and drink, and to be drunken (build big towers, buy big houses and Cadillacs and trophy wives, buy a second house even, overthrow democratically elected governments, etc)

THAT servant?

Are there men Who serve their "Lord", their God, who have not given their hearts confession TO Christ Jesus?

Can Their Lord, their God...Be Thee Almighty (or not)?....Sure.

Has their Heart been Changed, circumcised, BY and THROUGH the Power of God who IS Christ? No. Until a man becomes Saved and born again, Through the power of God, Who IS Christ, Thee Savior, that man is subject to being Cast Away.

A Few ACCEPT Christ's Salvation Before the Tribulation begins... KEPT by His Indwelling Power...and are RISEN UP before the Tribulation begins...
And
A few shall Accept Christ's Salvation during the first half of the Tribulation, and RISEN UP.
A few shall run and hide in fear of the anti-Christ, and yet not choose to be Converted By and Through Christ, and remain living mortals, suffering through the Great Tribulation...and shall repopulate the Earth for 1,000 years with more mortals.
The MANY leading up to the Great Tribulation and during the Great Tribulation who vowed their allegiance TO the anti-Christ, shall become physically SUBJECT TO all the Wrath poured out upon the Earth, then physically / bodily DIE, and their living souls sent to hell, separated from God and WAIT for the 1,000 years to end, and their Judgement pronounced and their Sentence carried out.

In Short...men decide Whom they shall call their Lord, their God, and can serve him, as their heart directs them (or not).

A human mans reasonable service TO Thee Almighty Lord God...IS to ACCEPT Christ's Offering for Him to convert a man Wholly...
Body, soul, spirit, heart, via His Power/ Spirit, Truth, Holiness, ONCE and FOREVER.

God Bless,
Taken

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But if that servant (the Christian) shall say in his heart,
My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and the maidservants (Muslims) and to eat and drink, and to be drunken (build big towers, buy big houses and Cadillacs and trophy wives, buy a second house even, overthrow democratically elected governments, etc)

A Cadillac?
That's just an average car these days.

:)

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The servant Is Always "The Christian" ?

Taken, you can twist and turn this parable till you see blue, purple and green.
It's clear who and what Jesus was talking about in this parable.
He was talking about his followers.

Want another thread about Trump, bb? ;-)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Once a son, always a son, even when the son IS the father.

Remembrance of the Son of God, does not negate the Son is the Father.

God Bless,
Taken

Agree.
I was thinking of the ' Prodigal son. ' :)

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Correct.
He had to come back and repent.
If he didn't he would stay lost.

We will differ on this and "wait and see"...

Yes as a son he lost his position in the House. But he did not lose his position of a son...he was still his fathers son...but lost his original position.
Our position in God House/Kingdom is indeed up for grabs until it is tried by fire...but salvation is a free gift. It is not up for grabs...but a settled by Father.
Try reading The Book without doctrinal blinker on. :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Adam is called "the son of God" in the Gospels. Luke 3:38. -- from the moment of his creation.

But if Adam was never lost - then he never needed salvation, never needed a Savior.

I believe once a son always a son.
We know that Father had prepared the Lamb before the creation of the world or Adam. So He knew the outcome...even set up the outcome. So that the creation that He made could have the choice of Loving Him freely. Love has always been the choice.

Adam could not have been un-son'ed but he could lose his position in the Kingdom. Eve was in him, therefor a part of him....so the risk deception was always in him from the start....
I guess we cannot know how long they lived in peace...walking with God in the cool of the evening...it could have been a long time...but no doubt about it...the test was on from day one.

Our own test is always on...and always will be.
Saved is saved...now...Do we love/serve God for who He is...or do we serve Him for what we can get. There is the rub...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, you can twist and turn this parable till you see blue, purple and green.
It's clear who and what Jesus was talking about in this parable.
He was talking about his followers.

I have no need to Twist the Truth, as you say. Receiving The Lords Truth and His Understanding Is continual, should a man Continue Seeking it.
If you are content with what you learned and your understanding of what you learned days ago or ages ago...that's you.

Perhaps you should Reflect a moment on Judas... he was a BELIEVER in Jesus, A Follower of Jesus, had a face to face relationship with Jesus, had the Purse Strings of the Disciples funds, as he was their Treasurer .... and Yet... he did not Stay / Continue / Remain in Faith....

Gee, Why Not?

Simple...he continued being carnally Minded AND Did Not Continue Hearing and learning HOW TO RECEIVE the Lords Gifts of Conversion.

Every man naturally born has the option during his natural lifetime to Hear, Learn, Follow along, Believe, STOP believing, believe, eh, doubt, believe, call himself a Christian, read, Hear, go to Church, not go, claim today to believe, reject belief tomorrow.
Get it?
Men remaining Under their Own Power ARE Wishy washy!!!

Peter believed then denied Jesus.
Thomas believed then doubted Jesus.
Judas believed then betrayed Jesus.
Most of the Pharisees rejected Jesus.

Men are naturally born against God.
Each one has to go through the same process of hearing, learning, believing, following, wondering, doubting, questioning....

It is not Until an individual Himself Chooses to believe in His Heart AND give his Life TO the Lord ....that a man can become Saved, born again, SEALED and Kept SEALED unto the Lord "BY the Lords Power"... that that man IS FOREVER KEPT unto the Lord.

You can disagree all day long and make false accusations toward me....

But you forgot to show in Scripture Where the Lords Power Given a Saved and Born Again man...Fails from Keeping that saved and born again man Forever SEALED unto the Lord.

Try to skip the accusations against me and just show me how / where in Scripture Gods Indwelling Power Fails and a saved and born again man becomes Unsaved and unborn again.

God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Try to skip the accusations against me

Really?
I accused you of something??

Judas believed then betrayed Jesus.

So he was saved?
Oh, wait, he was not saved in the first place.

How come we don't hear much preaching these days about repentance ?

Because people think there's no need for that, osas brings that on.

Did the lost son repent or did he just walk back into his fathers house like nothing happened?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 12:45-46

How about this:

Think about it!
OSAS? I say no.

Yes, Luke 12:45-46 speaks of salvation however, the context begins at verse 40, well actually further down to verse 36 to get the gist.

Jesus, in these verses is making a distinction between a saved and unsaved person. A saved person will NEVER do the things spoken of in verse 45.

Furthermore, these verses is a parable, that is an earthly story with a heavenly/spiritual meaning. I don’t believe these verses answers the question of OSAS or the OP.

Below is one of many passages that proves OSAS or eternal security.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

You see, when a saved person dies his body goes to the ground to await resurrection on the last day, but in his spirit essence he goes to be with the Lord (in heaven). In contrast, when an unsaved person dies, both his body and soul goes to the ground to await judgment on the last day. Words in parenthesis are mine.

Food for thought.

To God Be The Glory

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember, we are not talking about an occasional misdeed or occasional sin in a sincere Christian's life.

We are talking about a person that is living in open rebelliousness against God.
A person that is living like the devil.

A person who has turned his back on God, the church, etc. and
has gone back to his old ways before he accepted Christ as his personal Savior.

Will that person be in heaven if he has un-confessed or un-forsaken sin in his life,
even though at one time, he had a saving, loving relationship with God?

Also, most people that believe in once saved always saved say, "well that person was never saved in the first place."
Well, only God knows that, only God can see their heart,
and who are we to judge and say, "that person was never saved in the first place?"

Please read the parable of the sower.
It really goes into great detail how the Christian life is a continuous life of obeying God and being a born again Christian.
The bottom line is, if you turn your back on God, you will not enter the gates of heaven...

But according to some of you there is no heaven neither.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

You see, when a saved person dies his body goes to the ground to await resurrection on the last day, but in his spirit essence he goes to be with the Lord (in heaven). In contrast, when an unsaved person dies, both his body and soul goes to the ground to await judgment on the last day. Words in parenthesis are mine.

Yes, I know all that but it has nothing to do with OSAS.

Last edited:

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Proving OSAS is false by using parables I see.

Well, if Jesus' parables are not good enough for you, so be it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Taken,

Did you actually read my last few posts or would you rather focus on the fact that I was talking about your twisting and turning scriptures, (Which btw happens a lot these days in churches.) and treating that as an insult?

Isn't that what it is all about.....messing with scriptures?

As far as I'm concerned OSAS is a doctrine straight from satan.

Nice try to change the subject, btw.
Have a great day.
I'm done here.
You can have the last word on it.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?
I accused you of something??

Yes.

So he was saved?

No.
However the Point WAS...
he Believed, he Followed...
Compare him to Any man today who is Believing, Following...
You would call that man a Christian, would you not?
Even the man himself could go to Church, and call himself a Christian...
And NEVER have become Saved or Born Again!

Oh, wait, he was not saved in the first place.

He was never saved "in any place".
But he had believed and followed, didn't he?

How come we don't hear much preaching these days about repentance ?

How many times does a man Accepting the Lords Gift of Salvation Repent and become Forgiven for having been against God.

Because people think there's no need for that, osas brings that on.

Repenting To the Lord and Accepting the Lords Salvation brings on the Lords Forgiveness....How do you find that as NOT a Good thing?

Did the lost son repent or did he just walk back into his fathers house like nothing happened?

You are asking about one son in regard to;
What? The sons "human" father or "Heavenly" father?

What does Scripture tell you?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken,

Did you actually read my last few posts or would you rather focus on the fact that I was talking about your twisting and turning scriptures, (Which btw happens a lot these days in churches.) and treating that as an insult?

Have a great day.
I'm done here.

I responded to your posts.

And twice posed a question to you.

Do you have answers?

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Taken,

Did you actually read my last few posts or would you rather focus on the fact that I was talking about your twisting and turning scriptures,

Yes, that was what you said.
Yes, I did call that an accusation, and asked you to forgo making accusations, and instead provide Scripture that lead you to be against the Lords Salvation being given a man ONCE, as being satisfactory for being FOREVER.

(Which btw happens a lot these days in churches.) and treating that as an insult?

I said nothing about an insult.

No. It is HOW an individual UNDERSTANDS Scripture.

THAT ^ is your understanding.
Based on What?
Who knows?
You Never Said.

I do NOT disagree with Scriptures.
However, I do disagree with your Understanding.

BTW, asking you to skip the the accusation, and stay ON point, is not changing the subject; it is asking YOU to STAY on the Subject.

The subject IS; ONCE a man IS Saved, that man IS FOREVER Saved.

You state that that ^ Is Satan's Doctrine.
Yet you provide Nothing, that supports what you believe to be Valid.

Have a great day.
I'm done here.

It appears to be a common theme throughout this thread...
That if one cannot support what they believe;
Simply make accusations against another, name-call, attempt to argue something that is off the subject, or halt the exchange.

Thank you for giving me the last word.

I disagree with you.

Salvation IS Jesus' Doctrine.

Jesus IS the Christ, who IS the POWER OF GOD.

The POWER of God, IS "Given" TO mankind, VIA, different methods, AND some methods of a man who Receives Gods Power, CAN BE REMOVED (by God) from the man OR REMAIN with the man FOREVER.

Jesus' Doctrine IS the Revealed GOOD NEWS;
( that HAD, historically been kept Secret to mankinds Knowledge and understanding).
THAT Gods Power CAN BE Received by a man "AND REMAIN with AND IN a man FOREVER!")

Methods; for a man to Receive Gods Power...

1) via His Beath...in a mans soul.
That ^ can be temporary or permanent.
2) via His Breath ...on a mans Person.
That ^ can be temporary or permanent.
3) via His Spirit IN a man.
That ^ IS always Permanent.
That occurs When the man has Truthfully (via the mans thoughts in his own natural spirit, in his own heart,) declared and testified of his True Belief IN God, In Gods True Word and Power, Who IS Christ, that Jesus died and was raised up to Everlasting Life, By The Power of God...and The Same will Be For Any man, WHO Elects TO Trust To Believe In God and His Christ....And ACCEPT the Offering of His Gift of Salvation.

Jesus' Doctrine IS the Good News;
Salvation has come among mankind.
Mankind CAN Receive Their Salvation Now...
BEFORE their physical/bodily/natural (blood) Death.

I Trust the Offering of the Lords Salvation IS TRUE.

As A matter of Fact; I called on the Lord myself and testified To Him, I Accept His Offering of Salvation. And I Trust He IS Faithful and Forgave me for being against Him and He Converted me, and Gave me His Gift of Salvation and His Holy Spirit Entered me and Shall FOREVER be with me and IN me.

I could guess, you may have also called on the Lord and done the same...
You never said.

What you Have conveyed is: To Believe a man receives the Indwelling Lords Spirit Once and FOREVER Is:

According to you;
Not true
And
A Doctrine of Satan.

Yet you have refused to provide any evidence that supports what you believe.

God Bless,
Taken