Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes..His blood paid ...the Perfect Blood of the Perfect Lamb...once and for all.

I do not understand what you mean by -"I pay what you spent"
Can you just write that again so I know what you mean. o_O
(If you pay me back for paying your fine..then it was no longer I that paid your fine, you didn't need me, you could have paid it yourself!! No longer a gift.)

Thanks...H

That is what I meant, if I paid you back.
So you would see that as you not being necessary, to pay it in the first place?

Looks like what you are saying. Is that correct?

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - I am not in a contest with you. And your bully tactics are laughable.

It is so blatantly obvious you are without understanding.
Why don't you do as Scripture teaches and Ask God for understanding...and while you are having such a Conversation with God, be sure to call Him smart-alec names and tell Him what He didn't create.
If I am "without understanding" - then it is your DUTY as a Christian to enlighten me - especially when I am asking you to do so.

If you are saying that you can't address the dozen or so passages that I presented which destroy your position - then just admit it and move on.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am "without understanding" - then it is your DUTY as a Christian to enlighten me - especially when I am asking you to do so.

If you are saying that you can't address the dozen or so passages that I presented which destroy your position - then just admit it and move on.

No, it is not my duty to give you understanding. Understanding only comes from God.

Try doing a bit of your own homework.

Pick A scripture whereby someone has lost their Salvation and tell the WHY and HOW it applied to them.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is what I meant, if I paid you back.
So you would see that as you not being necessary, to pay it in the first place?

Looks like what you are saying. Is that correct?

God Bless,
Taken

Obviously I am too thick headed to understand what on earth you are trying to say. Sorry.

It sounds like you are saying man is quite able to pay his own fine...therefore he did not need Jesus blood in the first place. :eek:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is not my duty to give you understanding. Understanding only comes from God.

Try doing a bit of your own homework.

Pick A scripture whereby someone has lost their Salvation and tell the WHY and HOW it applied to them.
Okay.
Back in post #861 - and several other posts - I gave you the following examples of the possibility of losing your salvation - and you haven't addressed even ONE of those passages.

Please address the following:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God "take away" somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously I am too thick headed to understand what on earth you are trying to say. Sorry.

It sounds like you are saying man is quite able to pay his own fine...therefore he did not need Jesus blood in the first place. :eek:

No. I was trying to get your take on what Jesus was doing.

Jesus gave his blood for our forgiveness and his flesh for our life....Yet we shall give our flesh and our blood.

The significance of Him doing it for us;
Is two fold;
One: our blood is corrupt, thus we could not give it for forgiveness.
Two: if we became physically dead ..who would carry on the Lords work of spreading His Word.

So even thou we shall also give our blood and our body to death....without Jesus doing it first for us; we would become unforgiven and dead; forever separated from God.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yup, for everyone, all mankind;

won't help you a bit though, if you can't confess and rebound
just ask Job

I so wish that I could sit in a room with you..relax and chat about it face to face. I still don't get you hangup with repentance.
I can never tell if you believe it is a submissive , humble permanent attitude Godward daily, moment by moment, or if you mean a constant saying sorry for how you are living or something.
It doesn't how often we talk about it, we never seem to be 'quite' on the same page 100%. :oops:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I so wish that I could sit in a room with you..relax and chat about it face to face.

Come on over!! :)

I still don't get you hangup with repentance. I can never tell if you believe it is a submissive , humble permanent attitude Godward daily, moment by moment, or if you mean a constant saying sorry for how you are living or something.
It doesn't how often we talk about it, we never seem to be 'quite' on the same page 100%. :oops:

I would say, inanutshell Scripture is always about Applicability. And there are millions of people, so it is not the same for everyone.
Talking in the "general" sense, I suppose is confusing.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I still don't get you hangup with repentance.
well, mostly bc it invokes penance, which is not Christian. Punishment rather than a 180 degree turn. Self-flagellation over repair and remedy. If i tore up your flower garden, i could say 100 hail mary's or replace the flowers--or at least offer to, being open to anything else that you might offer to make it right--which do you pick?

Reactions: Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can never tell if you believe it is a submissive , humble permanent attitude Godward daily, moment by moment, or if you mean a constant saying sorry for how you are living or something.
well for many the second is made into the first, i guess, but imo repeating sorry is just an indication that amends have not been accomplished, which admittedly amends are fairly occluded in Scripture, which i don't really get,
Bible Search: amends

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
remove the churchitude and it clears right up imo. it is the religiosity of the endeavor that confuses it

I sort of agree with you; but would say;

Clarify the doctine of both being on the same page; then a general conversation can smoothly commence, IMO.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well for many the second is made into the first, i guess, but imo repeating sorry is just an indication that amends have not been accomplished, which admittedly amends are fairly occluded in Scripture, which i don't really get,
Bible Search: amends

Sin or Trespass -
Then sorry-
Then forgive-
Then the Sinner or Trespasser amends-

Simply meaning even thou sorry and forgiveness can transpire; there is still a consequence -
One who "amends", consequences is to be blessed
One who "does not amend", will have the consequence of foregoing a blessing

In short - sort of like, if I damage your property, and say oops sorry, and you say I forgive you.......next to amend, I should pay for the damage I caused.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It sounds like you are saying man is quite able to pay his own fine...therefore he did not need Jesus blood in the first place.
amen, that is not the right app of the Blood of Christ. pay your own fines. ppl would rather...repent, lol, than pay any amends usually, or even acknowledge them publicly. Jesus does not pay the penalty for our unrebounded sin. The fact that one should be forgiven already, even by the offended, is irrelevant to salvation, which comes by confession.
imo

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.
Back in post #861 - and several other posts - I gave you the following examples of the possibility of losing your salvation - and you haven't addressed even ONE of those passages.

Please address the following:

Romans 11:22
“See, then, the kindness and severity of God: severity toward those who fell, but God's kindness to you, provided you REMAIN in his kindness; otherwise you to will be cut off.”
Paul is warning the faithful to REMAIN in God’s favor or they will lose their salvation. How can they lose what they never had?

Hebrews 10:26-27
“If we sin deliberately AFTER receiving KNOWLEDGE of the truth
, there no longer remains sacrifice for sins but a fearful prospect of judgment and a flaming fire that is going to consume the adversaries.”
This is a clear warning that falling away from God will result in the loss of our salvation. The Greek ford for “knowledge” used here is NOT the usual word (oida). This is talking about a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei). This verse is about CHRISTIANS who had an EPIGNOSIS of Christ and who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

2 Peter 2:20-22
For if they, having escaped the defilements of the world through the KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, again become entangled and overcome by them, their last condition is worse than their first.
For it would have been better for them not to have KNOWN the way of righteousness than after knowing it to turn back from the holy commandment handed down to them.
Here, Peter illustrates that those who had a full, experiential knowledge (epignosei) of Christ – CHRISTIANS – who can fall back into darkness and LOSE their salvation by their own doing.

Matt. 5:13
You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
This one is self-explanatory - even to a blind person . . .

1 Cor. 9:27
"I pummel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."
Paul is saying that he wrestles with his own fleshly desires so that he might not fall back into sin.

2 Peter 3:17
Therefore, dear friends, since you already know this, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position.
Peter is warning the faithful not to fall back into sin and lawlessness.

1 John 2:24
See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. IF it does, you also will REMAIN in the Son and in the Father.
This is an admonition to try to remain faithful.

Rev. 3:5
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels.
God cannot "blot out" a name that was never there in the first place. He is talking about CHRISTIANS who are already saved and how they can LOSE their salvation.

Rev. 22:19
And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
How can God "take away" somebody’s share of heaven if they never had it to begin with? This is about CHRISTIANS who may or may NOT make it into Heaven.
Castaways.
I've given a whole sermon on castaways and you don't believe because then you would have to admit you were wrong.

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Castaways.
I've given a whole sermon on castaways and you don't believe because then you would have to admit you were wrong.
Yet you can't address even ONE of these verses, can you?
That's what I thought, Rollo . . .

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's already been told him.
He just says it false and then calls names.

God Bless,
Taken
Really?

Can you point to ONE single "name" I've called you?
Point me to the post#.

Ummmmm, talk about "false" . . .