Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again,sparky.

Wrong is applicable to you.

Because we are sinners and in a fallen state - we STILL sin.

Because YOU STILL sin, simply means you are not born of God.

I am born of God, and sin no more.

1 John 3:9
Whoseoever is born of God, ...can not sin.

And, as long as we are still subject to the proclivity toward sin (concupiscence) - we will stumble and some will fall away.

As long as you are not born of God, you are still subject to sin.

The only alternative is that YOU don't sin -

WOW, you almost got it right.
According to God; I CAN NOT SIN.

and I know that's not true because I've witnessed your sins on this forum.

Is that a FACT?
Prove it...!! Lol

Like I said - until you can show where it says we are saved forever

Already did.

And you said you would leave the Catholic church, if you could see forever Saved in Scripture.

Have you left yet?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm GLAD you said that so I can expose your ignorance of Scripture.

Rom. 10:13 explicitly says:
"EVERYONE who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

HOWEVER - Matt. 7:21 says the exact opposite:
NOT EVERYONE who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but ONLY the one who DOES the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

YOUR problem is that you cherry-pick Scripture wherever and whenever it suits you because you can't grasp the concept of CONTEXT. The context of Scripture is that we CAN be saved by calling on Jesus - IF we obey Him and DO God's will.

Remember:
Cherry-picking = BAD.
Reading on context = GOOD.

You should spend more time Paying attention then practicing your bad mouthing...
Both of those Scriptures were already addressed.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And, if you had bothered to actually READ the article you linked - you would understand that it does not say what you think it says.
But - I would never accuse YOU of of having an open mind . . .
Actually I did. but you mind is shut, it cares nothing for the truth, it is all written on your stony heart, you have no love and everyone knows it, And without love

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

That is all you are, noise.

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like BOL put me on ignore list. It's ok. I forgive. on deaf ears

Liars lie.

He wanted to see in Scripture, that men ARE saved and it's For ever.
He's been shown, and rejects the Truth.

Said he would leave the Catholic Church if shown. Nah! He would rather be wrong then embarrassed he has been taugh a lie, and believed that lie, and bad-mouthed others for years, because they don't believe the lie.
Pride is going to bite him.

You on BOL's ignore...a blessing for you! :)
God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually I did. but you mind is shut, it cares nothing for the truth, it is all written on your stony heart, you have no love and everyone knows it, And without love

1Co_13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Agree, but more. Endlessly making false accusations. Making up lies and saying it is what others claim. Rancid mouth.

God Bless,
Taken

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Why would you say that??

Post 1403, 1404, 1461 ignored.

And that's why forgiveness is NOT what was "accomplished" at Calvary.Redemption was.

Forgiveness and redemption are synonymous, BOL..

I found great synonyms for "redemption" on the new Thesaurus.com!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Col 1:13-14 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Heb 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Heb 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Heb 10:17-18 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” 18And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

In context, which many of you just can't grasp - "Believe" means MUSH more that simple intellectual assent.

According to the NT - "Believe" means:
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- We must suffer with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

All part of sanctification, which BOL has a hard time grasping? God Bless.

NOBODY was forgiven at Calvary.

:rolleyes:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
Liars lie.

He wanted to see in Scripture, that men ARE saved and it's For ever.
He's been shown, and rejects the Truth.

Said he would leave the Catholic Church if shown. Nah! He would rather be wrong then embarrassed he has been taugh a lie, and believed that lie, and bad-mouthed others for years, because they don't believe the lie.
Pride is going to bite him.

yea i would say as God said , he doesn't know what he's doing .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's why forgiveness is NOT what was "accomplished" at Calvary.
Redemption was.

In context, which many of you just can't grasp - "Believe" means MUSH more that simple intellectual assent.
According to the NT - "Believe" means:
- Being baptized (Matt. 28:19-20, John 3:5, Rom. 2:29, Rom. 6:1-11, Col. 2:12-17, 1 Peter 3:21)
- Picking up our cross daily to follow him (Matt. 16:24, Luke 9:23)
- Works of mercy and charity (Matt. 19:21, 25:31–46, Luke 18:22)
- Obeying his commandments (John 14:15, 15:10)
- Doing the will of the Father (Matt. 7:21, James 1:22)
- We must suffer with Christ (Matt. 10:38, 16:24, Mark 8:34, John 12:24, Rom. 8:17, 2 Cor. 1:5-7, Eph. 3:13, Phil. 1:29, 2 Tim. 1:8, 1 Peter 2:19-21, 4:1-2)

What's more - forgiveness isn't "automatic." It requires repentance.

NOBODY was forgiven at Calvary. We were all REDEEMED (paid for).
Forgiveness requires our cooperation with that grace of redemption . . .
Hey Breadman, it's raining out.
Your Egyptian star is getting wet and soggy.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="BreadOfLife, post: 385126, member: 7345"

Then you completely misused 1 Cor. 3:12-15, where Paul explains the process of final purification (Purgation) before entering Heaven. [/QUOTE]

Uh - you are without understanding.

Jesus offering His body and blood; provided the WAY for a man to be made WHOLE;
A man's WHOLE to become Forgiven.
A man's body to become Dead to SIN,
A man's soul to become restored and saved.
A man's spirit to become quickened.
A man's glorifying works to be rewarded.
A man's unglorifying works to be burned.

You are without understanding.

A man WHO HAS, called on the Lord, with True belief in his heart ~

HAS become made WHOLE.
His body is dead to sin.
His soul is restored and saved to forever life.
His spirit is quickened to forever life.

Not a newsflash - And Already noted;
The BODY is DEAD, and JUSTIFIED...
The body SHALL BE RAISED IN A GLORIOUS Body.

Ding, ding, ding,
The raising of a Justified Body;
IS raised IN a Glorious Body;
BY being Baptized WITH FIRE;
Purified BY the Lord God, who IS FIRE!

It is NOT suffering; It IS glorification by Fire purifying the Body....BECAUSE IT was already JUSTIFIED!

And Cor 3 is speaking of WORKS!
Good Works SHALL be rewarded
Not good Works shall be Burned.

Not good Works Burning, has NO effect on the Salvation of the mans SOUL, OR, the Body being Glorified!

He is talking about people who will suffer through purification before being "Saved".

Wrong.

There is NO "suffering", when a mans JUSTIFIED body becomes glorified, by the Lord's purifying Fire.

There is NO "suffering", when a Justified mans not good WORKS become burned by fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dcopymope

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The god that YOU have invented is a Cosmic Rapist...

An utterly False claim.

Your thoughts, Your idea, Your invention, Your terms....

Be a big boy and own Your OWN thoughts, ideas, invention, terms, god you have made up.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't "force" a person to stay with Him

The Scripture has revealed;

The Lord IS TRUE, he does not Lie.

"IF" a man has CONFESSED true BELIEF from his Heart, TO the Lord....the Lord SHALL forgive the man his sins and KEEP the man WITH Him Forever.

Period!

You attempting to claim the Lord is a liar;
IS on you.

You attempting to claim it is "FORCE", against the will of a man, WHO HIMSELF made the Choice;
IS Wrong.

It is not FORCE ...
It IS God KEEPING HIS WORD!

More silly Catholic teaching....pfft!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, first of all - I have been BEGGING one of you to provide me with a verse that teaches OSAS - to no avail.
NOWHERE do we read that you are saved "forever" after having been born again - unless you cherry-pick verses OUT of context.

You posted Romans 8:9, which says:
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we SHALL BE saved from wrath through him.

I totally agree. We WILL BE saved - IF we endure in faith to the end.
You cannot hope to be saved if you do NOT endure in faith.

Then you completely misused 1 Cor. 3:12-15, where Paul explains the process of final purification (Purgation) before entering Heaven.
He is talking about people who will suffer through purification before being "Saved". This is necessary because Rev. 21:27 states that NOTHING impure or unclean can enter Heaven.

So here we have another 'oracle' blatantly contradicting the word of God. 1 Cor. 3:12-15 says absolutely zilch about "final purification" being a requirement to be saved. Paul says belief in Jesus Christ as the foundation is the only requirement for one to be saved. You on the other hand, with your catholic dogma, seek to strip away that foundation. I'm not surprised, since this is what cults typically do, mixing in sanctification with justification in order for one to be saved. Paul says justification, then "sanctification", whereas you and others claim sanctification AND justification for one to be saved. And I'm not concerned at all about going to heaven since scripture no where states that heaven will be our final destination anyway. Rev 21:27 is about New Jerusalem on the new earth, NOT heaven.

(Revelation 21:1-3) "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. {2} And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. {3} And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God."

(Revelation 21:22-26) "And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. {23} And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. {24} And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. {25} And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. {26} And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it."

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
An utterly False claim.

Your thoughts, Your idea, Your invention, Your terms....

Be a big boy and own Your OWN thoughts, ideas, invention, terms, god you have made up.

Rape is sin, and God is without sin.
Sanctification and discipline comes from love not rape.
Do you see how twisted the devil is?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should spend more time Paying attention then practicing your bad mouthing...
Both of those Scriptures were already addressed.
No - YOU said that EVERYONE who calls on the name of Christ will be saved.
Just showing you that you are in conflict with Scripture . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong is applicable to you.
Because YOU STILL sin, simply means you are not born of God.
I am born of God, and sin no more.

Whoseoever is born of God, ...can not sin.
As long as you are not born of God, you are still subject to sin.
WOW, you almost got it right.
According to God; I CAN NOT SIN.
And AGAIN, your blunder is that you cherry-pick Scripture.
A couple of chapters earlier - John says the following:

1 John 1:8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Is that a FACT?
Prove it...!! Lol
Already did.
And you said you would leave the Catholic church, if you could see forever Saved in Scripture.
Have you left yet?
No - you have YET to show me a single verse - in CONTEXT - that says we are saved forever.
Context is NOT your friend . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for yet another impotent NON-answer . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 1403, 1404, 1461 ignored.
I may have missed your post - but I didn't put you on "ignore."
Instead of falsely accusing me - next time, just send me a private message to tell me that I missed your post . . .
Forgiveness and redemption are synonymous, BOL..
No - they're not.
To redeem something is to PAY for it. that's why we have those "Redemption" labels on plastic bottles and aluminum cans.

Jesus paid (redeemed) the price for our sins (1 Cor. 6:20, 1 Pet. 1:18), .
We are only forgiven when we repent of our sin (Acts 2:38).
Luke 23:34 Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." And they divided up his clothes by casting lots.

Col 1:13-14 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Heb 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Heb 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Heb 10:17-18 Then he adds: “Their sins and lawless acts I will remember no more.” 18And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary
All part of sanctification, which BOL has a hard time grasping? God Bless.
And apparently - YOU have a difficult time with English.
Next time you cash in some aluminum cans - as the person at the counter if you are "saving" them or if THEY are redeeming (buying) them with cash.

As for the verses you provided - NONE of them says that redemption and salvation are the same thing.