Once Saved....always Saved - Results of Questionnaire.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you say!
I can quote the " lets quote verses game too"

1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. "

Awesome. Now choose a VERSE that applies!

And to PROVE that verse you chose actually would APPLY to me (as YOU are implying).....
QUOTE ME making "THAT CLAIM".

It is not "you" who cannot sin, of course you can!! :rolleyes:
It is the Christ within.

Wait...a minute. Stop changing the subject!
I said I CAN NOT SIN, and SAID WHY.

Stick to your accusation;

"IF we SAY, WE HAVE NO SIN,"

Prove I made that claim.

Easy to say that "you cannot sin" who can witness that.

Sure it's easy, but what does that have to do with YOUR ACCUSATION...?? 1 John 1:8 ?

...we don't live with you and see you 24/7.
I can say on this forum that I am 5'6" and a shapely blond, but I am not, however much I may "say" it!!

So? People can lie. Now stick to your accusation and Prove, I have said such a thing. I write alot, it shouldn't be hard for you to PROVE your accusation by QUOTING me saying what YOU CLAIM.

So, by what you say here you are already perfected. Well good for you!

Again, big of you to make claims FOR me.
How about, You proving 1 John 1:8 IS something I have EVER CLAIMED?

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How? Steeped in Catholic dogma.
Why? Lack of spiritual understanding.
In other words - you don't have an answer.

YOU said: "Your Catholic teaching about the Lords accomplishments on the Cross are "limited."
I simply asked you to explain that statement and you failed . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, not wrong.
Already addressed and told you multiple times; If a man does not do works glorifying to God, he shall lose rewards.
Yep, already told you multiple times; the man who IS SAVED, IS SAVED forever, regardless of HIS WORKS....Just as Scripture says; and you teach otherwise.
LOL - still VOID of understanding.
Noone cares about YOUR carnal minded understanding.
Adults are here discussing SPIRITUAL Things, and the Accomplishments of a SPIRIT God making SPIRITUAL and FOREVER changes within a terrestrial man.
You ARE a terrestrial man, BORN in SIN.
You CLAIM the Lord spiritually SAVED YOU, but not really.
You CLAIM the Lord has spiritually MADE changes WITHIN YOU,
but not really.

I also "WAS" BORN in SIN.
However I called on the Lord, and "I" TRUST HE IS TRUE AND FAITHFUL.
I "WAS" crucified with the Lord;
I "WAS" BORN "OF" God.
I CAN NO LONGER SIN.
My OLD MAN IS DEAD.

Your OLD MAN IS ALIVE, and teaching, AGAINST the Word of God every time YOU give your Carnal Minded teaching about Spiritual things.
And regardless of your ignorant rant - the BODY is not dead.

As I schooled you before - being "dead" to the flesh simply means that we no longer depend on the flesh.
It is STILL alive because YOU still sin.
You should be learning instead of attempting to teach. Your teaching is a fail.
Thanks for sharing your simple carnally minded explanation.
I'll ignore you, and instead trust the Knowledge in Scriptures I have "cherry picked" through for the purpose of the OLD Man being DEAD.
Absolutely Some of the Knowledge in Scripture is hard to Understand; and WHY Spiritual Wisdom is that only God Himself gives HIS Understanding of His Word...
And precisely WHY your endless and repetitive "carnal understanding" IS A FAIL and MOOT to consider.
TRANSLATION:
"I've been Biblically-spanked, so I'll just retreat into snarky comments instead of having an intelligent exchange."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol - "cherry picking" How foolish to not know "cherry picking" is the term used by people who DO NOT KNOW, it is Gods precise method for DIVIDING the Word of Truth.
Unlike you who does not KNOW, 'ONCE" something "in a man" IS ACCOMPLISHED, it is FINISHED; It does not require REPEATING;
And Scripture that speaks to man WHO IS NOT ACCOMPLISHED: such Scriptures NO LONGER APPLY!
Lol - "a single verse" ? Again how foolish to not know "YOU" do not set the premise of "HOW" the Lord "reveals and teaches His Word". More often than not a single verse reveals things that do and do not apply to a single person.
WHEN the Lord HAS accomplished IN A MAN: it is FOREVER.
YOU can believe it OR NOT.
Many on this forum BELIEVE what the Lord HAS ACCOMPLISHED, IS accomplished.
You on the other hand are attempting to teach and argue AGAINST the TRUTH;
And your teaching is being repeatedly Rejected.
Actually - cherry-picking Scripture out of context is the last refuge of the desperately ignorant.

I can pluck a verse out of context to show that there is NO God (Psalm 14:1) - but that would be as ignorant as YOU plucking them out of context to prove your man-made invention of OSAS . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False.
I speak the Truth.
Thee Lord God Almighty loves His creations.
Thee Lord God Almighty speaks the Truth.
Thee Lord God Almighty KEEPS forever WITH HIM, every man who heartfully elects to Believe IN HIM.
I wouldn't know about that.
You are the one who made up a "god" that you said "forces" and "rapes".
Those are your thoughts, your words, YOU OWN THEM.
My God gave me FREEWILL, to elect to submit my LIFE to HIM, or not.
I chose to submit my LIFE TO HIM, and MY GOD is FAITHFUL TO HIS WORD, that FOREVER, He SHALL KEEP MY LIFE WITH HIM.
Uh huh. And so? He wasn't SAVED. Of course he could WALK AWAY!
The prodigal son is a parallel to men WHO begin Learning ABOUT the Lord, "HEARING" and "LEARNING" the 'KNOWLEDGE' of HIS WORD......then STOP HEARING....and set their EYES GAZING UPON WEALTH!
The prodigal son; LEFT HEARING the "KNOWLEDGE" of the Lord.
The prodigal son; had a bank roll of money of his inheritance from his father.
The prodigal son; Squandered away;
his MONEY...and DID NOT KEEP in remembrance the KNOWLEDGE of the Lord.
You see the sons return to his father;
IN THE CARNAL SENSE. Oh, poor son, OUT OF MONEY, boo hoo, run to daddy.
Whereas the SPIRITUAL UNDESTANDING HAS nothing to do with MONEY!
The SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING HAS everything to do with the son RETURNING to where he was receiving Gods KNOWLEDGE of Gods WORD!
You understand CARNALLY. Everything you teach rests on the CARNAL understanding.
Gods WISDOM is NOT about FEEDING a mans purse or stomach, but rather about FEEDING the man Spiritually WHO IS poor IN SPIRIT!
You are like the sons, brother, who also understood carnally, and was jealous.
The father was elated, didn't care about the money, but did care his son was back, positioned to be Fed By the Knowledge of the Lord.
Soono - we've gone on for pages now of your insane rants and verbose diatribes - and you STILL haven't been able to show me ONE single verse of Scripture that teaches OSAS.
On the other hand - I have presented about a DOZEN verses that debunk OSAS. This is the entire argument in a nutshell.

Ain't that interesting . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey BOL, your endurance in arguing the point still amazes me. :)

I myself am not only a believer in once saved always saved, but I am also a believer in- "the restoration of all things." And God's final victory.
What I call "the grater grace."

You ask for scriptural proof . There is no such thing...but people will forever argue for the sake of it...as if they have "the final proof " in some scripture or another. They don't! o_O
Any true bible reader knows that anything and any doctrine can be " proved" by many scriptures, and then, just as easily be "proved" oppositely with just as viable scriptures.

Today I didn't do much more on the Site than to just read all the threads, and read all the posts in them.
Some actually make me want to vomit.
Some people are so sure of themselves. And yes , I emphasize "of themselves" ...they pick scriptures out and declare that by quoting "these verses" they themselves are the mouth of God....and what they say is totally 100% correct.
Very few on here write their posts with "IMO" or "this is what I believe", some of the self confidence amazes me....... but I am wandering here, sorry.
Just saying...there is no hard and fast answer either way.

I believe -
"He saved us, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy...that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life." (Titus 3:5-7) And again, "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become the children of God...who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, but of God." (Jn.1:12-13) And again, "For by grace are you saved through faith, and THAT not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph.2:8-9) And again, "So then, it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy. ...And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace..." (Rom.9:16; 11:5-6) And Many many more verses.

But I admit there are many many verses that appear to contradict those verses. Verses that seem to turn the eternal security verses on their heads.

So, how did I personally reconcile ALL scripture...My answer is I don't try...I trust.
I trust God , "By faith and by faith alone."
I had a glimpse in the 80's of the Father heart of God.
I have a glimpse of The Great Love of God... I took a step over the line , and on my knees I told God that I would never doubt Him or His love again ....and, I would die believing that as in Adam all mankind died, thus in Christ shall all mankind be made alive.
I took God Himself 'by faith'.
Other people can believe about Him what they like...I know what I
believe....in that I will stand or fall. My choice.

But as for all these people ( including you. :D)
Who demand, " Give me bible proof"... you will find just as many scriptures to challenge it. That is why you don't see me in all the endless threads on
"lets see who can out scripture whom." Total waste of time.
Anyone can cherry pick their favourite scriptures that supports what they believe, and any one else can just as easily shoot that cherry picked scripture down with a different verse! It's no more than a game. :rolleyes:

That is just my story and my view.
===========
EDIT:-
Case in point...I just left this thread after posting and went to the next one on my list for reading...guess what I read?

Quote :- < No, you haven't given many Scriptures, and I have explained the Scriptures you have given to show your error. > ( with different scriptures....)
It's all one big circus....
Sorry Grace - but OSAS is a 16th century man-made invention.
This fallacy was never taught by the historic Christian faith for 1500 years prior to the 16th century.

The reason I have been demanding Scriptural proof is because I have provided almost a DOZEN passages - in context - that disprove this doctrine. Scriptures does not and CANNOT contradict itself. The only way to make it SEEM like it is contradicting itself is when people take verses out of context. The Context of Scripture simply does not support this false doctrine of men.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uh huh - just like the people in the following verses believed with their hearts - and WALKED AWAY . . .
(Matt. 7:19-23, Matt. 10:22, Matt. 24:13, Matt. 25:31–46, John 15:1-6, Rom. 11:22, 1 Cor. 9:27, 1 Cor. 4:4, 1 Tim. 4:1, Heb. 3:6, Heb. 3:12-14, Heb 6:4-6, Heb. 10:26-27, 2 Pet.r 3:17, 1 John 2:24, 1 John 5:13, Rev. 3:5, Rev. 22:19)

Good grief man, don't you actually READ what the Scripture says?

Matt 7:19- 23 is not speaking about men WHO called on the Lords Name....it is speaking about men WHO USED the Power of the Lords Name!

And ding, ding, ding.....Men WHO use the Power of Gods Name, who HAVE NOT heartfully called on the Lords Name....
Hello, are rejected By the Lord.

POWER only exists; BECAUSE God IS Power.
You think anti-Christs DON'T HAVE power?
They DO, and They SHALL be rejected by Christ......BECAUSE THEY NEVER SUBMITTED TO BELIEF "IN" HIM!

Try to pay attention.
Using the Lords Power and CALLING on the Lords Name in heartfelt believe....
IS NOT THE SAME THING!

Already seen your laundry list of Scriptures that DO NOT APPLY to a man already Saved!
And not going to repeat point by point WHY you are Wrong.

Inanutshell you do not know the facts, nor stick to the facts.

You are without understanding.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good grief man, don't you actually READ what the Scripture says?

Matt 7:19- 23 is not speaking about men WHO called on the Lords Name....it is speaking about men WHO USED the Power of the Lords Name!
And ding, ding, ding.....Men WHO use the Power of Gods Name, who HAVE NOT heartfully called on the Lords Name....
Hello, are rejected By the Lord.

POWER only exists; BECAUSE God IS Power.
You think anti-Christs DON'T HAVE power?
They DO, and They SHALL be rejected by Christ......BECAUSE THEY NEVER SUBMITTED TO BELIEF "IN" HIM!

Try to pay attention.
Using the Lords Power and CALLING on the Lords Name in heartfelt believe....
IS NOT THE SAME THING!

Already seen your laundry list of Scriptures that DO NOT APPLY to a man already Saved!
And not going to repeat point by point WHY you are Wrong.

Inanutshell you do not know the facts, nor stick to the facts.

WRONG.

An atheist cannot cast out a demon or heal the sick by calling on the name of Jesus when he has NO faith.
Jesus couldn't even perform miracles in His own home town of Nazareth because of the lack of faith there.

Matt. 7:21-23 is speaking of faith people who FELL AWAY.

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words - you don't have an answer.

YOU said: "Your Catholic teaching about the Lords accomplishments on the Cross are "limited."
I simply asked you to explain that statement and you failed . . .

In other words, it doesn't matter HOW MANY TIMES you ARE SHOWN in SCRIPTURE you are WRONG; You are steeped in and relish your Catholic indoctrination;

The Lord accomplished MANY things on the Cross. You can limit it to one thing, but I don't.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prove I made that claim.
No problem . . .

In post #1481 - YOU said:
"Because YOU STILL sin, simply means you are not born of God.
I am born of God, and sin no more."

Right here, you showed that you have deceived yourself and that the truth is NOT in you, according to 1 John 1:8.
Your hypocrisy knows absolutely NO bounds . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In other words, it doesn't matter HOW MANY TIMES you ARE SHOWN in SCRIPTURE you are WRONG; You are steeped in and relish your Catholic indoctrination;

The Lord accomplished MANY things on the Cross.
Yup - and forgiveness is NOT one of them unless you repent and cooperate with His grace.

You don't limit Him - you invent a new version of Him . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually - cherry-picking Scripture out of context is the last refuge of the desperately ignorant.

I can pluck a verse out of context to show that there is NO God (Psalm 14:1) - but that would be as ignorant as YOU plucking them out of context to prove your man-made invention of OSAS . . .

In all you badmouthing a man being saved ONCE and forever...

You have OMMITTED, revealing your own personal experience...

How MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?

I've asked you before, and you didn't answer.
Does that mean...."in other words"
YOU Don't KNOW?

Reactions: Dcopymope

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In all you badmouthing a man being saved ONCE and forever...

You have OMMITTED, revealing your own personal experience...

How MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN SAVED?

I've asked you before, and you didn't answer.
Does that mean...."in other words"
YOU Don't KNOW?

:confused: We are "already saved"...........but we are also "being saved".........but at the same time we ain't, because "will be saved".........man, what a mental marathon this is.
default_turned.gif

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - and forgiveness is NOT one of them unless you repent and cooperate with His grace.

Talk in a complete thought.

Forgiveness is not "one of them"

"Them" ? "WHAT is "them"

Cooperate with His grace.

And? Not a mind reader. Am I supposed to guess what YOU define "cooperating with His Grace" to mean?

You don't limit Him

Yipes, you actually acknowledged, my own claim!

- you invent a new version of Him . . .

Awe, then you add in your words and try to vomit them on me. Eat your own words, they are your words, not mine.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:confused: We are "already saved"...........but we are also "being saved".........but at the same time we ain't, because "will be saved".........man, what a mental marathon this is.
default_turned.gif

He is spiritually corrupt; and his common sense doesn't fair to well either.

I knew a woman (Catholic) who went to a Catholic church for nearly 50 years. She loved the Chruch. The entire service was in Latin. Oh, I asked her where she learned Latin. She Didn't! She didn't understand a word spoken in Latin. But, it sounded pretty, and the church was pretty.
LOL...

God Bless,
Taken

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is spiritually corrupt; and his common sense doen't fair to well either.

I knew a woman (Catholic) who went to a Catholic church for nearly 50 years. She loved the Chruch. The entire service was in Latin. Oh, I asked her where she learned Latin. She Didn't! She didn't understand a word spoken in Latin. But, it sounded pretty, and the church was pretty.
LOL...

God Bless,
Taken

default_laugh.png
....wow, just when I thought I heard it all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry Grace - but OSAS is a 16th century man-made invention.
This fallacy was never taught by the historic Christian faith for 1500 years prior to the 16th century.

The reason I have been demanding Scriptural proof is because I have provided almost a DOZEN passages - in context - that disprove this doctrine. Scriptures does not and CANNOT contradict itself. The only way to make it SEEM like it is contradicting itself is when people take verses out of context. The Context of Scripture simply does not support this false doctrine of men.

I obviously don't agree...but I appreciated you responding.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
default_laugh.png
....wow, just when I thought I heard it all.

A young teen boy, a friend of my sons was at our house one day. I asked him if he was a Christian....and no kidding; he piped right up and said no, "I'm Catholic"!

I asked how he became a Catholic...he said, he was born a Catholic!

Crazy teaching!!

God Bless,
Taken

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A young teen boy, a friend of my sons was at our house one day. I asked him if he was a Christian....and no kidding; he piped right up and said no, "I'm Catholic"!

I asked how he became a Catholic...he said, he was born a Catholic!

Crazy teaching!!

God Bless,
Taken

When I was Catholic I never felt saved ! "maybe 2 min. after the confession"
nothing about being a Christian........ I would have said the same
when I was young...... Teaching was so much about being Catholic.........

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Nope.

An atheist cannot cast out a demon or heal the sick by calling on the name of Jesus when he has NO faith.

Casting out a demon, or healing the sick are simply examples of miracles BY THE POWER OF GOD.

There are other miracles effected by the POWER of God....

A good example is in Exodus 7....
Aaron threw down his staff before Pharaoh, and BY THE POWER of God, it became a serpent.

Pharaoh called in his sorcerers, who threw down their staffs before Aaron, and BY THE POWER OF God, they became serpents.

There IS NO POWER, but of God. Rom 13:1

You are the one in error, like your are repeatedly.

You simply did not learn the lesson. And then embarrass yourself, by spouting off without understanding.

ALL power comes from God, regardless of WHO is doing WHAT.

A man WHO is submitted unto the Lord, HAS CALLED on the Lords Name, and confessed heartfelt belief in Him.
And such a man who IS SAVED and USES Gods Power to do His Will shall be rewarded.

And a man who IS NOT SAVED shall have his Words devoured and destroyed.

Oh ya, AND Arron's Serpent...devoured the Pharaoh's sorcerers serpents!

Jesus couldn't

Jesus "COULDN'T" ?

Wow.

even perform miracles in His own home town of Nazareth because of the lack of faith there.

Well personally I think healing the sick is a pretty awesome miracle, which Jesus DID do in Nazareth, and the people who saw were Astonished!

So what do YOU mean...

"Jesus couldn't "EVEN" perform miracles in His own home town of Nazareth" ?

Matt. 7:21-23

is speaking of faith people who FELL AWAY.

Oh good grief, here we go again...Talking about being SAVED, and you change the subject to FAITH.

Can't you stay on TOPIC?

Good grief....not a newsflash, UNSAVED MEN can HAVE faith and fall away from faith, so what?

You said they were SAVED, and then fell away, which is FALSE!

Last edited: