Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, my friend.

You are taking those verses out of context and misinterpreting them.

God does not give belief (faith) to every single person. That is why Jesus sends Apostles out to the world to tell the world about Him. Mark 16:15

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Mark 16:16

Yes, those He does give faith to are given a measure, a specific amount. And yes, that faith grows based on what that person does with it.

Agreed on those points.

Nobody can come to Christ unless God draws them to Him with the gift of faith.
John 6:44
Ephesians 2:8

And God desires that all come to the knowledge of the Truth (faith/belief), but they don't.
1 Timothy 2:4

YOUR DISPUTE IS WITH THE WORD,NOT ME !15882000.gif

Reactions: mailmandan

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOUR DISPUTE IS WITH THE WORD,NOT ME !
Ha. That's a cute image.

It's actually a perfect representation of what professed Christians do/say when they are presented with FIVE verses of Scripture that make a case, but they cannot hear it.

"Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word."
"...My word hath no place in you."
"And because I tell you the Truth, ye believe Me not."
"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
Matthew 8:43, 37, 45, 47
View attachment 22872
Aww.

Exactly. :)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What an absolutely perfect description of yourself and your religion. You nailed it, GEN2REV.
It is painful for both of us to watch the other carry on in what we perceive as spiritual ignorance.

But my pain will end some day.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once Saved, Always Saved?
^ OP

Salvation is a Gift, Offered one who is willing to lay down his life unto death, For the Lord God.

Salvation is Given, After a willing man lays down his life unto death, For the Lord God.

How many times can a man lay down unto death his life For the Lord God?

Think....la, la, la, la.....tic tock, tic tock, tic tock.....uh....ONCE!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha. That's a cute image.

It's actually a perfect representation of what professed Christians do/say when they are presented with FIVE verses of Scripture that make a case, but they cannot hear it.

"Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word."
"...My word hath no place in you."
"And because I tell you the Truth, ye believe Me not."
"He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God."
Matthew 8:43, 37, 45, 47
View attachment 22872
Aww.

Exactly. :)

Think again,my friend........temp.gif

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you know your little sticks and stones won't CAUSE someone to say it's not real, and commit suicide ?
Whaaat?

In case you haven't noticed, the internet is not the church building. Unfortunately, it's the battlefield.

If someone is naive to that, they will easily be led astray by the packs of wolves that are thick as flies on buffalo chips here.

Jesus didn't embrace, and coddle, the Jews, Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes when they surrounded Him in their attempts to destroy His credibility. He valiantly fought back with His Words, dominating them and silencing their advances, sending them back into the shadows to hide from the Truth.

We're in a war here, like it or not. If somebody gets their feelings hurt on the internet by being corrected about their unbiblical doctrines, there's a strong likelihood that it's God's will to correct them.

That is only if they are actually an honest, innocent, Christian diligently seeking Truth. If they're the alternative to that, they should be handled the same way and it's not going to bother them anyway. Wolves aren't too concerned with getting bit by sheep in the process of their attacks.

They're wolves.

And if sheep get corrected by other sheep, it is divine nobility.
James 5:20

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You stand with 99 % of the worlds religions and are decieved to think otherwise. They all teach works.

But hey. I am done wasting my time. Far to many people have tried to show you the truth, all you do is attack them

Attack away..
@Eternally Grateful Your contributions are valued.

I do love a hymn which speaks of the sovereign grace of God; I'll try to dig it up.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whate’er My God Ordains is Right
Words by Samuel Rodigast (1676)

"Whate’er my God ordains is right:
His holy will abideth;
I will be still whate’er he doth;
And follow where he guideth.
He is my God: though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall.
And so to him I leave it all,
He holds me that I shall not fall."

He never will deceive me.
He leads me by the proper path;
I know he will not leave me.
I take, content, what he hath sent.
His hand can turn my griefs away,
And patiently I wait his day,
His hand can turn my griefs away."

"Whate’er my God ordains is right,
Though now this cup, in drinking,
May bitter seem to my faint heart,
I take it all, unshrinking.
My God is true; each morn anew.
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,
And pain and sorrow shall depart,
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart."

"Whate’er my God ordains is right.
Here shall my stand be taken.
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,
Yet am I not forsaken.
My Father’s care is round me there.
He holds me that I shall not fall,

Grace and peace to all.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whaaat?

In case you haven't noticed, the internet is not the church building. Unfortunately, it's the battlefield.

If someone is naive to that, they will easily be led astray by the packs of wolves that are thick as flies on buffalo chips here.

Jesus didn't embrace, and coddle, the Jews, Pharisees, Sadducees and scribes when they surrounded Him in their attempts to destroy His credibility. He valiantly fought back with His Words, dominating them and silencing their advances, sending them back into the shadows to hide from the Truth.

We're in a war here, like it or not. If somebody gets their feelings hurt on the internet by being corrected about their unbiblical doctrines, there's a strong likelihood that it's God's will to correct them.

That is only if they are actually an honest, innocent, Christian diligently seeking Truth. If they're the alternative to that, they should be handled the same way and it's not going to bother them anyway. Wolves aren't too concerned with getting bit by sheep in the process of their attacks.

They're wolves.

And if sheep get corrected by other sheep, it is divine nobility.
James 5:20

I STRONGLY DISAGREE with this post !
You have taken a few episode from Jesus's ministry to decide his character.
You see only the rebuke he administered to the unbeliers,scoffers, agnostics and antagonistic to justify your behaviour towards others. Your name isn't DAVID by chance, is it?

Jesus went to the dirty, the poor, the needy and the rejected of society to minister unto.

The BATTLE we are supposed to be in is for winning souls,strengthening the household of faith,and PREPARING TO BATTLE THE ENEMY OF OUR SOUL,THE DEVIL !

Putting on the armour of God is for US in true warfare against powers of darkness,principalities of darkness, NOT man.facebook_1651536689236_6927046941815532985.jpg

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please clarify for me what you ppl are calling our works to earn salvation.
Well, we're all pretty much in agreement with what those works are, except for the matter of believing. Some Christians think that 'believing' is also a work that attempts to earn salvation.

As you probably know, when we do something righteous with the express intent of putting God indebted to us to justify/save us we call that a 'works gospel'. That is diametrically opposed to the gospel of grace where a person is justified/saved as a free gift by having their sin forgiven through believing in the blood of Christ. The works of the works gospel can be anything: Keeping a sabbath, getting water baptized, feeding the hungry, and so on. But what it can not be is 'believing'. Because Paul made it crystal clear, believing is not putting God indebted to us to justify us. When we believe, as opposed to work, we receive justification as a free gift, not as a debt that God owes us for doing righteous work. He's very clear about this. But some people have decided that even believing is a work of the works gospel.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we're all pretty much in agreement with what those works are, except for the matter of believing. Some Christians think that 'believing' is also a work that attempts to earn salvation.

As you probably know, when we do something righteous with the express intent of putting God indebted to us to justify/save us we call that a 'works gospel'. That is diametrically opposed to the gospel of grace where a person is justified/saved as a free gift by having their sin forgiven through believing in the blood of Christ. The works of the works gospel can be anything: Keeping a sabbath, getting water baptized, feeding the hungry, and so on. But what it can not be is 'believing'. Because Paul made it crystal clear, believing is not putting God indebted to us to justify us. When we believe, as opposed to work, we receive justification as a free gift, not as a debt that God owes us for doing righteous work. He's very clear about this. But some people have decided that even believing is a work of the works gospel.

WE are in agreement.
I'm just wondering why none have answered from that camp.

Paul made it clear WE are members of one body and the head is Jesus.

I can not understand these adamant claims ppl put under titles or initials. I fear for their souls for they seem to love that, title,initial, denomination,cult,all over the word of God.

It is a FEARFUL thing to fall into the hands of a living God,there WILL be consequences!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Whate’er My God Ordains is Right
Words by Samuel Rodigast (1676)

His holy will abideth;
I will be still whate’er he doth;
And follow where he guideth.
He is my God: though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall.

He never will deceive me.
He leads me by the proper path;
I know he will not leave me.
I take, content, what he hath sent.
His hand can turn my griefs away,
And patiently I wait his day,
His hand can turn my griefs away."

"Whate’er my God ordains is right,
Though now this cup, in drinking,
May bitter seem to my faint heart,
I take it all, unshrinking.
My God is true; each morn anew.
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart,
And pain and sorrow shall depart,
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart."

"Whate’er my God ordains is right.
Here shall my stand be taken.
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine,
Yet am I not forsaken.
My Father’s care is round me there.
He holds me that I shall not fall,

Grace and peace to all.
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Some of the good old hymns were full of Scriptural content, right....?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d Some of the good old hymns were full of Scriptural content, right....?

I agree.
What a Friend We Have in Jesus, Old Rugged Cross, I surrender, music always has a message.
Some are so negative I can't understand why they aren't banned. We have so much unrest hear, and ppl seem to worship those who put forward that message.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to make this stand out,so I'M making it large.
That is right @farouk , we are to edify one another, encourage one another, to even carry our BRETHERN if needed.!

Yet I see more,how far can I push him down or slander what he has to say. Can ppl NOT see this makes only themselves look villainous ?

God will judge fairly and if you're not repenting and have Jesus for your advocate well........ I feel for what suffering will come !