Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless of any kind of acronym, label, or any other kind of demagoguery, anyone who reads Scripture should easily be able to understand that God's salvation, once given by God, cannot be lost, because of God's invincible power to save. Nothing can separate those who are in Christ from the love of God in Christ (Romans 8:39-40), and the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable (Romans 11:29). Writing to the Philippians, Paul says, "He who has begun a good work in you will perfect it to the end" (Philippians 1:6). Therein is the promise of God that what He starts in our souls, He intends to finish. God's purposes cannot be thwarted (Job 42:2); He gets what He intends. Satan knows this very well and hates this, because He knows that no matter how hard he tries with any of God's elect, though he may discourage them and even drive them to despair at times ~ as he did Job ~ in the end, he cannot win; they will ultimately be lost to him forever ~ as Job was.

Grace and peace to you.
OSAS is a license to sin! Satan loves it!

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who disputes OSAS is damned and judged as unsaved according to OSASers.
Um, as an "OSASer," ~ eye roll ~ I don't think that at all. Are you unsaved? Well, I don't know, really, because I don't know you, and even if I did, I still can't see your heart. No, the fact that you believe one can lose salvation even after having been saved and born again of the Spirit just means you're wrong about that one particular thing (and things related to it). Even so, it's no reason to break fellowship, or even to think you are unsaved.

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who disputes OSAS is damned and judged as unsaved according to OSASers. That's FACT! Whom did I judge? Nobody!

I TRUST the Word of God, THAT; Gods Word was Sent to Earth to Save men. And men WHO heartfully Commit To become Converted IN Christ, by, through, of the Authority and Power of the Quickening Spirit WHO is Christ IS an Accomplished done deal.

Doesn’t affect me one iota what you believe or do or do not do, that I feel some need to judge you. I simply disagree with you. So what?

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is a license to sin!
Absolutely not. That's very contrary to God's word. If one is saved, his heart is changed, and he dies to himself and lives to God. And from that point forward, he is striving to put off the old sinful self and put on the new creation that he is in Christ... struggling against sin, and striving to obey and glorify God.

Just because there is no longer any condemnation for sin (Romans 8:1) does not in any way mean that there are no longer any consequences for sin. God disciplines those He loves (Hebrews 12:6).

Satan loves it!
Hates it. :)

Grace and peace to you.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um, as an "OSASer," ~ eye roll ~ I don't think that at all. Are you unsaved? Well, I don't know, really, because I don't know you, and even if I did, I still can't see your heart. No, the fact that you believe one can lose salvation even after having been saved and born again of the Spirit just means you're wrong about that one particular thing (and things related to it). Even so, it's no reason to break fellowship, or even to think you are unsaved.

Grace and peace to you.
If you don't judge non OSASers as unsaved then you are different than most OSASers.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I TRUST the Word of God, THAT; Gods Word was Sent to Earth to Save men. And men WHO heartfully Commit To become Converted IN Christ, by, through, of the Authority and Power of the Quickening Spirit WHO is Christ IS an Accomplished done deal.

Doesn’t affect me one iota what you believe or do or do not do, that I feel some need to judge you. I simply disagree with you. So what?
It's only "done" if we "endure to the end". Not what OSAS teaches.

Matthew 24:11-13 (NKJV)
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not. That's very contrary to God's word. If one is saved, his heart is changed, and he dies to himself and lives to God. And from that point forward, he is striving to put off the old sinful self and put on the new creation that he is in Christ... struggling against sin, and striving to obey and glorify God.

Just because there is no longer any condemnation for sin (Romans 8:1) does not in any way mean that there are no longer any consequences for sin. God disciplines those He loves (Hebrews 12:6).

Hates it. :)

Grace and peace to you.
Guess you missed this.

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.

Reactions: Illuminator

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is a license to sin! Satan loves it!

LOL... That is rich coming from one who obviously does not comprehend, a SavED man is Freed From the Ability To ever Again Stand/ SIN AGAINST God!

Men are born IN sin...no license required!!! :D

A converted man, does not get some man made phony license TO Sin...:rolleyes:
Mixing a Spiritual Godly event with man-Made nonsense is a fail.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL... That is rich coming from one who obviously does not comprehend, a SavED man is Freed From the Ability To ever Again Stand/ SIN AGAINST God!

Men are born IN sin...no license required!!! :D

A converted man, does not get some man made phony license TO Sin...:rolleyes:
Mixing a Spiritual Godly event with man-Made nonsense is a fail.
The OSAS license to sin is indeed "phony".

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what "OSAS" ~ well, at least the right "OSAS"... :) ~ teaches. The endurance is itself of God, not of the person in and of himself. This is why we are given the Spirit.

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again:

kcknalp: OSAS is a license to sin!

PinSeeker: Absolutely not. That's very contrary to God's word. If one is saved, his heart is changed, and he dies to himself and lives to God. And from that point forward, he is striving to put off the old sinful self and put on the new creation that he is in Christ... struggling against sin, and striving to obey and glorify God.

Just because there is no longer any condemnation for sin (Romans 8:1) does not in any way mean that there are no longer any consequences for sin. God disciplines those He loves (Hebrews 12:6).​

Grace and peace to you.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is what "OSAS" ~ well, at least the right "OSAS"... :) ~ teaches. The endurance is itself of God, not of the person in and of himself. This is why we are given the Spirit.

Grace and peace to you.
If we can NEVER be lost after salvation then why did God give MANY warnings to Christians?

Written to Christians:
Philippians 2:12 (NKJV)
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

Reactions: Illuminator

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you missed this.

Written to Christians:
Romans 11:22 (NKJV)
22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off.
Nope. Didn't miss it at all. The principle is true, and the warning stands. But by the power of God via His Spirit Who is with us and Whom we walk in, we will continue in His goodness. You might note what Paul says to the Philippians:

"...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure" (Philippians 2:12-13)

Grace and peace to you.

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we can NEVER be lost after salvation then why did God give MANY warnings to Christians?

Written to Christians:
Philippians 2:12 (NKJV)
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
So great that we were both on the very same verse. See above, and note what Paul says in verse 13.

Grace and peace to you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 24:11-13 (NKJV)
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Do you realize...you “Enduring” IS “your” effort to keep believing by your OWN Power, to not be influenced by evil and Wickedness in this world?
If you understood Scripture...men can “endure” to “their end of physical life”...and IF they Do God Will Save them at their physical death. That is a Believing man...Not a Saved man. He CAN fall away!
There are numerous warnings about Cunning evil spirits and wicked men who can trick men away from God.
A man Converted IN Christ does NOT rely on his own Power...Hello the Power of God IS IN that man. Gods Power Keeps That man Forever with God. <—- That is The whole Big Picture Of the New Covenant...
Assured Salvation.....NOW...before physical death!
You reading scriptures of men “Falling Away”, does not Apply to Saved men, who have the Power of God IN them.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one ever heard of OSAS until John Calvin invented it. I would never say a OSASer is not saved. Only God knows who is saved and who isn't. Calvin isn't God.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's right on topic. Some truths are distorted and misunderstood in the NT because of the church's ignorance and neglect of the OT.
Taking a swipe at the entire Church that consists of 2.65 billion and making a broad brush smear on it is kind of absurd. Have you interviewed and tested each individual of their knowledge of the Old Testament? God's Word is the entire Bible. The gospel message is concealed in the Old Testament and revealed in the New. Frankly one can be saved and have a strong faith by reading only the New Testament. Much of the importance of the Old is reiterated in the new and referrenced as well.
Ferris, you need to take a day off!

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one ever heard of OSAS until John Calvin invented it. I would never say a OSASer is not saved. Only God knows who is saved and who isn't. Calvin isn't God.

Wow some Guy got the historical Scriptural teaching and coined a phrase and other men reduced the phrase to an acronym...:rolleyes:

Point is...what does Scripture Say?
Did God Offer men Salvation Before their Natural Death? Yes or No?

Did God Grant men Salvation Before Their Natural Death? Yes or No?

Once God Gives a natural man His Gift of Conversion? Does God at any time Break His Word and Take Away That Mans Conversion?
Yes or No?

Reactions: ScottA