Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is not true. Here is just one point with a list of verses.

Serious Sin Can Separate Us From GOD Verses:

[God said to Adam,]
"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." (Genesis 2:17).

[Eve said to the serpent,]
"But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. (Genesis 3:3).

And the serpent said unto the woman,
"Ye shall not surely die." (Genesis 3:4).

"...she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked..." (Genesis 3:6-7).

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned." (Romans 5:12).

"For the wages of sin is death..." (Romans 6:23).

"But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear." (Isaiah 59:2).

“...whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.” (Matthew 5:22).

28 “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:28-30).

"But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul." (Proverbs 6:32).

“But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.” (Matthew 6:15).

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 7:21)

Important Note: If you were to look at 1 Thessalonians 4:3 you would learn that the will of God (i.e. the Father) is to be holy or it is our sanctification; And Hebrews 12:14 says, without holiness no man shall see the Lord.

“22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’” (Matthew 7:22-23 ESV).

“26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”
(Matthew 7:26-27).

“15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matthew 7:15-20).

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." (Hebrews 10:26).

"he that commits sin is of the devil." (1 John 3:8).

"everyone who does evil hates the light." (John 3:20).

"Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee." (Acts of the Apostles 8:22).

6 "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:6-7).

"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him." (1 John 2:4).

"Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him." (1 John 3:15).

"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now." (1 John 2:9).

"In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." (1 John 3:10).

41 "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,
42 and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." (Matthew 13:41-43 ESV).

“For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” (Matthew 12:37).

"They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate." (Titus 1:16).

3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing,..." (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

"...God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."
(James 4:6).

21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off." (Romans 11:21-22).

16 "There is a sin unto death..."
17 "...and there is a sin not unto death." (1 John 5:16-17).

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Revelation 21:8).

19 "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21).

5 "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affe
ction, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6 For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7 In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them." (Colossians 3:5-7).

5 “...God;
6 ...will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law” (Romans 2:5-12).

“But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.” (Ezekiel 18:24).

9 “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. “ (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).

“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” (James 2:17).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

“For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.” (Romans 8:13).

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is all about a person thinking they can sin and still be saved on some level. It's about justifying sin (of which GOD cannot agree with because He is a holy, good, and just God). In fact, Moses did not think he could justify sin with the thinking he was saved. How so? Well, Moses suffered afflictions with God's people rather than enjoying the pleasures of sin which is only for a season (or temporary).

Hebrews 11:24-25
“By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter; Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;”

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context.

Paul is about to be offered up to be killed for his faith on certain date soon, and his departure from this earth is near at hand.

2 Timothy 4:6
“For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.”

Hence, why he says for Timothy, Mark, etcetera, to hurry to him.

2 Timothy 4:9
“Do thy diligence to come shortly unto me”

Paul is going to be a martyr for his faith in Jesus Christ.
He is being imprisoned for his faith.
He is no doubt suffering for his faith.

Where do we read about suffering in regards to overcoming sin in the Bible?

1 Peter 4:1-2
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.”

It says he that has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin. Paul has suffered greatly at the hands of the coppersmith as mentioned in 2 Timothy 4:14 (no doubt this happened because of his faith in Jesus Christ). This is how Paul can have an assurance of his final ending days that are short.

But a time before Paul’s end, Paul did express to the Corinthians that he has to keep his body under subjection unless he were to be a cast away.

1 Corinthians 9:27
“But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.”

So as you can see, Paul did not yet reach that point of suffering in the flesh towards the end of his life that gave him that assurance of his salvation.
Before that time we see had to keep his body under subjection unless when he preached to others he might be a castaway (lost).
You say,

Who said I did?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mercy me ,brothers,come on.

The most important corporate thing we can find in the bible is being saved by the blood of Jesus. He is the only way to the Father,there are NO BACK DOORS OR BACK STAIRS!
If any person tries to come another way he is the same as a thief and a robber.

TRUE.

SALVATION is the communal gift of God offered to WHOSOEVER WILL !

TRUE.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say,

I gave you the passage already. Here it is again.

1 Peter 4:1-2
“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.”

You said:
Who said I did?

If you are referring to the question that you asked me, “Where do we read about suffering in regards to overcoming sin in the Bible?”:

Well, I am not assuming you believe this question you asked me because you read 1 John 1:8 as a means to justify sin. 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the brethren about the false gnostics’ belief who were trying to seduce them (1 John 2:26). The gnostics believed sin was an illusion or not real. Christians Scientists believe that sin is an illusion or not real. So 1 John 1:8 would be a warning to them. OSAS Proponents believe sin exists on a physical level, but they don’t believe sin exists for them on a spiritual level because they believe Jesus paid for all their future sin. So they are denying the reality of sin partially. So 1 John 1:8 is a warning to the OSAS Proponent, too. They are not properly dealing with sin by confessing it in order to be forgiven of that sin as 1 John 1:9 says (Which is in context to 1 John 2:1).

You cannot in good conscience twist 1 John 2:3-4 at the expense of your OSAS interpretation of 1 John 1:8 (Which justifies sin).

Last edited:
Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TRUE.

TRUE.

I would like you to stop right now, and slowly read Matthew 7:22-23 and Matthew 7:26-27 very carefully.

Matthew 7:22-23
22 “Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Matthew 7:26-27
26 “And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.”

full

The idea and analogy here is that Jesus said that the person who does not do what Jesus says is like a fool who built his house upon the sand (verse 26), and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house (verse 27). This is the context of Matthew 7:22-23 where Jesus encounters those who did wonderful works in His name, but He told them to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin). So a person can do good works in Christ’s name but if they are justifying sin (not doing what Jesus says) they will be told by Christ to depart from Him.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some think Matthew 7:22-23 is not a good case against OSAS because Jesus says He never knew them. However, I disagree with this.

First, OSAS justifies sin. For they think they are saved when they are in sin. So this would not be doing what Jesus says. Jesus never told us to think we can abide in sin and be saved. Jesus warned against how sin can destroy our souls in Matthew 5:28-30, and Matthew 6:15, etcetera. So if OSAS is all that you have ever known since the beginning, then Christ will say to you that He never knew you because Jesus cannot agree with your sin because He is that prophet who will destroy anyone does not hear Him (See: Acts of the Apostles 3:23).

Second, if God forgets all a previous person’s righteousness according to Ezekiel 3:20, then there will be no more memory of this person anymore. For God associates with the righteous (1 John 3:10). If there is no righteousness to remember in that person’s life anymore, then that person will be as if He never knew them because there is no righteousness to remember in their life anymore.

In other words, the door swings both ways. If God can forever forgive your past sins where they are never to be remembered, then God can do the same if you sin and there is no previous righteousness on your part to remember anymore.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discussions on OSAS always end up in a "holier than thou" showdown from the NOSAS camp. :rolleyes:

Not everyone who rejects OSAS has their own heart right with GOD. I don’t believe Catholics have the right way of salvation and yet they reject OSAS. There are also groups that follow the Old Law wrongfully. So some do have a holier than thou attitude wrongfully. There is no denying that. But there comes a point of what does Scripture say. I see Jesus and the apostles warning us against how many sins can destroy our souls. I see verses about falling away. Only twisting the Bible in what these verses plainly say will lead a person to think OSAS. OSAS is about justifying sin because you cannot lose salvation by sin with OSAS. So it’s turning God’s grace as a license for immorality that Jude 1:4 warns us about. In other words, it’s so obviously a false doctrine that it’s not even funny. God is good, and He cannot agree with our doing evil.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:9 is a perfect Anti-OSAS verse. If you are Once Saved Always Saved and all your sin is forgiven you past, present, and future, then you should not have to confess of your sins to be forgiven of your sin. This is in context to John shortly saying to “sin not” and if we happen to, we are to go to our advocate Jesus Christ (to obviously confess of our sins) (See: 1 John 2:1).

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone who rejects OSAS has their own heart right with GOD. I don’t believe Catholics have the right way of salvation and yet they reject OSAS.
ALL false religions and cults that teach salvation by works reject OSAS.

There are also groups that follow the Old Law wrongfully. So some do have a holier than thou attitude wrongfully. There is no denying that.
Certain SDA's are a perfect example.

But there comes a point of what does Scripture say. I see Jesus and the apostles warning us against how many sins can destroy our souls.
So how many sins does it take? None of us are sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time.

I see verses about falling away.
Those verses need to be read in context.

Only twisting the Bible in what these verses plainly say will lead a person to think OSAS.
Psalms 37:28; John 10:27-28; Ephesians 1:13-14; Philippians 1:6; Jude 1:1 sound clear to me.

OSAS is about justifying sin because you cannot lose salvation by sin with OSAS.
It's not about justifying sin and saying let's sin all we want. It's about God preserving His saints (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1) and those who are born of God do not practice sin. (1 John 3:9)

So it’s turning God’s grace as a license for immorality that Jude 1:4 warns us about. In other words, it’s so obviously a false doctrine that it’s not even funny. God is good, and He cannot agree with our doing evil.
For those who teach "type 2 works salvation" it's about being "holier than thou" and remaining saved based on superior performance. In regards to Jude 1:4, these men are described as certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. In verse 12, they are described as spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, uprooted. *THIS IS NOT DESCRIPTIVE OF GENUINE BELIEVERS, SO THERE IS NO LOSS OF SALVATION HERE.*

Even though we don't agree on this topic, it's always a hot topic for many people to debate. ;)

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude is exhorting believers to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints (vs. 3) because certainungodly men who have crept in unnoticed. Jude further describes these ungodly men as ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit (vs. 19) In CONTRAST to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ (vs. 1).

Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are PRESERVED FOREVER, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revisiting since while reading the Bible I found something that hands-down refutes something @Ezra posted…

Where are “the three steps sanctification” found in the Bible?

There is ONE step in sanctification.

Notice what the scripture says:

“Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:” (1 Corinthians 1:2)

Doesn’t say “them that are being sanctified”.

Once again plain scripture plainly demolishes all lies.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL false religions and cults that teach salvation by works reject OSAS.

Your labels and opinions don’t mean anything when we look at the Word of God. Nowhere does the Bible teach you can commit death sins and still be saved (on some level) which is what OSAS teaches. Jesus warned against how sin can destroy our soul like in Matthew 5:28-30, Matthew 6:15 (of which you have to either twist or ignore). God is obviously good and He cannot agree with our sin or evil that God has classified as leading unto spiritual death.

You said:
So how many sins does it take? None of us are sinless, without fault or defect, flawless 100% of the time.

See post #917, post #918, and post #920.

You said:
Those verses need to be read in context.

Psalms 37:28;

I believe Psalms 37:28 is in reference to God speaking about the saints in the end who make into the Kingdom and have run the race in being faithful to the Lord. The wicked in this verse would be in reference to anyone who justifies sin or evil regardless if they claim to believe in Jesus as their Savior or not. BE NOT DECEIVED… The unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-10). So this is not proof that you can sin and still be saved like OSAS teaches. The wicked are wicked because they do evil. It’s common sense.

You said:
John 10:27-28;

Again, those who cannot be plucked out of His hand in verse 28 is in reference to verse 27 to the kind of sheep that FOLLOW Jesus. This is not in reference to sheep that do not follow Jesus and they justify sin like those in OSAS.

You said:
Ephesians 1:13-14;

I replied to you on this passage on another Christian forum here of which you did not give an explanation of the verses I put forth to you (in my rebuttal).

You said:
Philippians 1:6;

If Jesus forces us to continue to the end when He has begun a good work in us, then what do you make of other verses by Paul that would contradict that idea?

The same person (Paul) who had written Philippians 1:6 is the same person who wrote the following verses:

2 Timothy 4:7
“I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:”

So it’s not just Jesus alone who is forcing a person here. Paul says he has fought the good fight and kept the faith.

Fighting the good fight of faith is dealing with laying hold on eternal life according to Paul.

1 Timothy 6:12
“Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.”

The same person (Paul) who had written Philippians 1:6 also had written this:

Galatians 5:7 BSB
“You were running so well. Who has obstructed you from obeying the truth?”

So if Paul is saying that Jesus will finish the race for them and force them to endure to the end, then why is Paul bothering to warn the Galatians here? He says they were running well, but now they have been obstructed to obeying the truth. Again, why does Paul have to worry about this if Christ started a good work in them to run whereby Christ will finish the race for them? It makes no sense to warn them here.

Romans 11:22
“Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.”

Here we see Paul the same person who wrote Philippians 1:6 tell us to continue in his goodness otherwise we can be cut off just like the Jews were cut off.

In other words, Philippians 1:6 is not teaching OSAS otherwise Paul would be contradicting himself in his other writings.

You said:
Jude 1:1 sound clear to me.

Jude 1:1-2
“Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called: Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.”

Jude is not referring to every believer who believes in Jesus Christ here. Jude is referring to those believers who will end up being faithful in the end. Jude here is referring to the saints who will make it and endure to the end and he is not referring to believers who think they can abide in sin and still be saved. Jude 1:4 refutes that idea. The NIV says that there are those who turn God’s grace into a license for immorality. This is what OSAS allows for. You don’t lose salvation by sin, and therefore you can sin on occasion or live for yourself and or your sin and be saved all because you are Once Saved Always Saved. This is why it is a false teaching.

Last edited:

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not about justifying sin and saying let's sin all we want. It's about God preserving His saints (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1) and those who are born of God do not practice sin. (1 John 3:9)

In order to be consistent with Once Saved Always Saved, if nothing can separate you from God (whether it be one sin vs. a thousand sins), then it means you can sin as much as you want. For where is the line drawn? Two sins a week? Fives sins a month? Remember, it only took one sin for the Fall of mankind to happen and not many sins. Eve bought into the serpent’s lie that she could disobey God’s command and not die. This same lie by the devil is pushed in Eternal Security or OSAS. For the devil said that they would not die, but God said they would.

You said:
For those who teach "type 2 works salvation" it's about being "holier than thou" and remaining saved based on superior performance. In regards to Jude 1:4, these men are described as certain men whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord. In verse 12, they are described as spots in your love feasts, while they feast with you without fear, serving only themselves. They are clouds without water, carried about by the winds; late autumn trees without fruit, twice dead, uprooted. *THIS IS NOT DESCRIPTIVE OF GENUINE BELIEVERS, SO THERE IS NO LOSS OF SALVATION HERE.*

Even though we don't agree on this topic, it's always a hot topic for many people to debate. ;)

Again, your labels do not exist and nor are they descriptive to any truth found in the Bible. Hebrews 12:14 says that without holiness no man shall see the Lord. To justify even one sin with the thinking one is saved is turning God’s grace into a license for immorality. All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire and not just some according to Revelation 21:8. So believers need to confess and forsake sin in order to have mercy (See: Proverbs 28:13). You are not automatically forgiven of future sin because you need to confess of sin in order to be forgiven of sin according to 1 John 1:9. So salvation is conditional and not unconditional. OSAS is like Calvinism in reverse. It’s false. God does not force save you to be a certain way because of a one time decision in choosing Christ. We must continue in His goodness otherwise we can be cut off just like the Jews were cut off (Romans 11:22).

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did I ever say I was better than anyone? Don’t insulate or make false accusations.
Sorry bro. When people always attack certain sins, and ask how they can be saved, they are in fact saying they are better (because they do not commit those sins)

Your not going to get to heaven because you do not commit those sins. And they are not going to hell because they commit those sins.

Christ is the only means to heaven, Not how good or bad someone is.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your labels and opinions don’t mean anything when we look at the Word of God. Nowhere does the Bible teach you can commit death sins and still be saved (on some level) which is what OSAS teaches.
The penalty of sin is death.

In your theology we are all doomed to hell. Because every sin, no matter how small. Is a death sin.