Once Saved, Always Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense. You wearing blue in your garments?

Num 15:38 Speak unto the children of Israel, and bid them that they make them fringes in the borders of their garments throughout their generations, and that they put upon the fringe of the borders a ribband of blue:

Regularly.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you enduring?

“we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;” (2 Thessalonians 1:4-6)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course not, nobody here obeys the Law of Moses....

But there are some men :rolleyes: who proposed “other men” ARE LIMITED according to Mosaic Law, to receive their SALVATION.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. That says, "if you do not obey the Law, you will be cursed. Jesus redeemed you from the curse, so now ALL a person can get is blessing. What does "justification" have to do with following Jesus and obeying the Father?
Nope

It says whoever is under the law is cursed. Because cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word.

You have failed to keep the law my friend. The law curses you where you stand.

Please do not be like the pharisees who think you have kept it. You have not.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are obviously unaware;
* Hebrews and Jews in The OLD TESTAMENT, were UNDER Mosaic law, and forgave other men of sins and trespasses.......”ACCORDING TO” Mosaic law.

* The NEW TESTAMENT IS NOT “according to” Mosaic Law.
* The NEW TESTAMENT, IS teaching TO:
~ TRIBESMEN Under Mosaic Law.
AND
~ GENTILE MEN NOT Under Mosaic Law.

Are you ignorant of WHEN the teaching IS specific TO
Tribesmen and specific TO Gentiles?

Are you ignorant of WHAT APPLIES specifically TO YOU?

Do you not know IF you are a TRIBESMAN, learning ABOUT, a New Testament or a Gentile learning About the Jewish God and His Messiah?

Do you not know TRIBESMEN, CONTINUED under THEIR OLD TESTAMENT LAW......UNTIL they heard, learned, accepted “THEIR” OT Law was FULFILLED? And the Negative Consequences of the OT LAW, no longer accounted a Negative Consequence Against them?

Do you not know GENTILES, were NEVER Under OT Law, thus the OT LAW being FULFILLED, DID not Relieved a Gentile FROM a negative consequence THAT NEVER applied to them to begin with.

Matthew 6:15 (NIV)
15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matt 6:15 (KJV)
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

So WHO DOES Matt chapter 6 begin SPEAKING ABOUT?
Matt 6:1 tells you.
14 Generations of Tribesmen...ISRAEL...
* Is that YOUR ancestors GENTILE Lineage?
* It is Not my ancestors Gentile Lineage.
* However Matthew Chapter six, gives me oodles of Knowledge ABOUT Tribesmen (ISRAEL)...and THEIR Linage.
* I am WISE enough to KNOW, Simply because I am Learning ABOUT ISRAEL, does not mean WHAT applies to THEM, Applies to me!

So continuing through the generations of ISRAEL, we come to JESUS CHRIST.
* And I have read the Scripture WHEREBY the Jewish God sent Jesus to give His Bodily Life, for the Life of the WHOLE World, and me being a Gentile, am part of the Whole World, and chose to discover, How me being a Gentile, could HAVE what this Jewish Christ Messiah Jesus, was OFFERING, TO the WHOLE world.
* oh, there it is; Knowledge, the Heavenly God, creator and maker of all things, Forgiveness, Salvation, Quickening, Conversion, could BE MY God.

* So while YOU QUOTE;

That APPLIES TO ISRAEL, tribesmen, Jews, Learning ABOUT Jesus’ Offering, WHILE STILL under Mosaic Law, according to sin Under the Law.

Doesn’t apply to me.
What does apply to me, and ANY man that IS WITH the Lord or Quickened IN Gods Spirit....is NOTICE...of forgiveness Between men...
For an Israelite It’s SIN.
For a Gentile or ANY Converted man It’s TRESPASSING.

I already KNOW from the OT, what applies to Israel.
I prefer the KJV New Testament, that applies to An Israelite no longer under the Law.....AND.......A Gentile never under the Law, AND IS With the Lord or Quickened IN Gods Spirit.

Matt 6:15 (KJV)
[15] But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

If you do not comprehend WHAT was being Introduced in the NT and to WHOM, and WHAT DOES and DOES NOT APPLY to WHOM, and WHY...
Simply reveals you are definitely NOT Qualified to dictate what applies to an other, IS wrong![/QUOTE]
"Sins" and "trespasses are the exact same Greek word" and I don't think you are qualified to change that.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that would be doing what the Bible says TO BE SAVED!

“But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.” (Hebrews 3:6)

“For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;” (Hebrews 3:14)

“Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.” (1 Peter 1:9)

See, salvation is realized at the end if you have endured and been counted worthy in your walk with Christ!

“Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:” (2 Thessalonians 1:11)

Otherwise:

“The wedding is ready, but they which were bidden were not worthy.” (Matthew 22:8)

“And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.” (Matthew 10:38)

Oh what damage the false doctrine of Dispensationalism hath wrought…
Go right on ahead and think you can save yourself my friend.

You will fare no better than the jews before you who thought they could also.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity makes doctrines out of one verse all the time! You repeat the slogans, but I don't think you know what the words mean.
lol

No actually true christians take the word as a whole

Whit Jesus says we will never perish we believe him (he said it in multiple places and multiple times)

When Paul say we have been saved, we believe him.

when we see the bible appear to contradict itself. We seek to find out why. We do not just pick the one that fits our belief system

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope

It says whoever is under the law is cursed. Because cursed is the one who does not confirm and obey every word.

You have failed to keep the law my friend. The law curses you where you stand.

Please do not be like the pharisees who think you have kept it. You have not.

I'm not under the Law. Jesus redeemed me from the curse of the Law. Now, I can obey the Law without condemnation. Loving God IS keeping his Commandments.

The Pharisees ADDED TO the Law. Jesus told His followers to obey the Pharisees when they read the Law. Just don't do what they add to the Law. Matthew 23:1-4

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol

No actually true christians take the word as a whole

Whit Jesus says we will never perish we believe him (he said it in multiple places and multiple times)

When Paul say we have been saved, we believe him.

when we see the bible appear to contradict itself. We seek to find out why. We do not just pick the one that fits our belief system

The entire Christian world goes to church on Sunday because of one line in the book of Revelation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regularly.
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God

what part of no one is so hard for you to understand

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I responded to this more than once.

Here’s the scripture you’re erroneously leaning on:

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24)

Those deaf to Jesus’ word are not the ones Jesus is talking to here. And since you cannot hear Jesus’ word, like this one:

““Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the one by whom the temptation comes! And if your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire.” (Matthew 18:7-8)

You’re disqualified from the promise in John 5:24.

Paul confirms:

“In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.” (Colossians 2:11-12)

In Once Saved Always Saved fantasy land “putting off” the sins of the flesh is blasphemy!

Could somebody out there decipher this Scripture - Twisting Hog Wash for me ? It made no sense

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not under the Law. Jesus redeemed me from the curse of the Law. Now, I can obey the Law without condemnation. Loving God IS keeping his Commandments.

The Pharisees ADDED TO the Law. Jesus told His followers to obey the Pharisees when they read the Law. Just don't do what they add to the Law. Matthew 23:1-4
So your not saved by the law. Like you claimed you were??

And you do not keep the law my friend. You would be sinless. No one is sinless.

Thats why you need grace..

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I stick with the Bible! Unlike OSASers.

Can't find the Scripture that says we can't forsake God. Of course you can't. It ain't in the Bible.
Are you so blind? The entire word of God since Adam is about forsaking God, and His salvation plans--which do not start over with conditions when one enters into Him and He in them. At that point, it is finished.

But, hey, believe what you will--that is the very thing that shall be.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"More OSAS doctrine, personal insults!"

Don't you ever wonder why OSASers constantly hurl insults at nonOSASers? That's what OSAS does to people.

OSAS has nothing to do with this.....I’ll insult ANYBODY that is given verse after verse to consider and then continues to lie that no Scripture is ever offered .....you always have pulled this crappola and continue to do so....that is why you are UNFIT for any debate...

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.” 11 But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God

what part of no one is so hard for you to understand
You don't know what the words mean.

I am not justified by the Law because there is nothing I can do to erase my past sins. That doesn't mean I am going to refuse to obey God.

1 John 5:3 Loving God is keeping his Commandments.

If you don't love him, don't obey him. Your motivation is obviously "what's in it for me." You don't care at all about doing what pleases your Father.

Happy Trails

Feb 6, 2022
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your not saved by the law. Like you claimed you were??

And you do not keep the law my friend. You would be sinless. No one is sinless.

Thats why you need grace..

If you cannot show where I said, "I am saved by the Law," then I must conclude you are a liar.

Keeping the Law is just doing it. The Law is what guards a person from the paganism of erecting trees and hiding Easter eggs.

The Law keeps us from the pollution of idols.

I have to chuckle at the rants! 'That's why you need grace!" Hilarious.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know what the words mean.

I am not justified by the Law because there is nothing I can do to erase my past sins. That doesn't mean I am going to refuse to obey God.

1 John 5:3 Loving God is keeping his Commandments.

If you don't love him, don't obey him. Your motivation is obviously "what's in it for me." You don't care at all about doing what pleases your Father.
who said anything about disobeying God?

Can you please stick to the subject.

Jesus said we will never die. Did Jesus lie
Paul said I have been saved. Did Paul lie?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you cannot show where I said, "I am saved by the Law," then I must conclude you are a liar.
If you are doing the repenting, then it is the same as "saving yourself." YOU are the one doing the repenting.

Repenting is returning to the Law. It is not feeling bad about what you did.

Keeping the Law is just doing it. The Law is what guards a person from the paganism of erecting trees and hiding Easter eggs.

The Law keeps us from the pollution of idols.

I have to chuckle at the rants! 'That's why you need grace!" Hilarious.
You should not even be looking to the law. The law was a schoolmaster to lead us to christ.

Unless you have not yet found christ. the law has no purpose..