OSAS anyone? Opinions on Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the second of Two Men.

In Adam, we die, but then we are removed from Adam, into Christ, and we live.

Like two trees.

Much love!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord definitely keeps us saved...but not against our will.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would reject salvation once they have received it...

But I know that there are those who make it a point to tell us that if anyone didn't want to keep their salvation, the Lord wouldn't force them to keep it.

I think that this is accurate; however, I don't see it as very plausible that anyone would even ever desire to reject salvation once they have obtained it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is exactly the Gospel Truth that you stated.
And in that we may still to retain the reins ourselves or to give them to Him. That choice remains ours while we have time. At any time a person may take back that which he has given to the God: Control.

Jesus said:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:13-14

When we quench the Holy Spirit in us, we have no leader but ourselves and with the best of our own intentions alone... we end up walking blindly and leading others foolish enough to follow us into a ditch.

Always, while we have time, we may choose God or mammon. The ones entering in the wide gate to destruction are choosing mammon.

Are we being led by the Holy Spirit or are we quenching that Spirit in us?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Jesus said:

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." Matt 7:13-14

Jesus is the straight Gate. John 14:6.
He is THE WAY.
So, that is the "straight gate"...its THROUGH HIM.
Has nothing to do with your lifestyle or you effort to be better and better.... Reader.

All other "ways".....lead to hell.......all other "broad ways", lead to destruction.
And what are they?
They are all other WAYS to try to go to heaven, to try to reach God....other then ONE WAY, who is Jesus.
All other ways, are "man made" = RELIGION.
Jesus said..."no man may come to the Father BUT....BY.....>ME">
That is your "Straight Gate".
He is THE Gate.
Jesus is the ONLY "WAY"> To God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is THE WAY.
Has nothing to do with your lifestyle or you effort to be better and better.... Reader.

All other "ways".....lead to hell.......all other "broad ways", lead to destruction.
And what are they?
They are all other WAYS to try to go to heaven, to try to reach God....other then ONE WAY, who is Jesus.
He is THE Gate.
Jesus is the only way to obtain the holiness of God...we walk in holiness because of abiding in the vine (John 15:1-8, 1 John 3:6).

However, to become a branch in the vine, a man must repent of his sins (Ezekiel 33:11-20, Matthew 3, Luke 13:1-5).

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is THE WAY.

And what are they?
He is THE Gate.
The power to choose is still ours. Alone we cannot make it. Yes, Jesus is the strait and narrow gate and he is the flaming sword keeping the Garden still against interlopers not properly prepared and He does all the preparation within us, dressing us even as we allow Him to do so. Only with/through Jesus can any man make it... but any man must still choose and continue to choose to surrender the reins to himself to Jesus so that the necessary work can be accomplished by Him.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Eph 6:10-18

Consider...

"Go ye therefore into the highways, and as many as ye shall find, bid to the marriage.
So those servants went out into the highways, and gathered together all as many as they found, both bad and good: and the wedding was furnished with guests.
And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:
And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.
Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called, but few are chosen." Matt 22:9-14

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Greeting my friend,

you took those words right out of my mouth that I forgot to post in another thread.... (smile). it's always good to have backup.

it's one thing I have found out that too many a christian still have one foot in the world and the other in the church.

if you know that your're SAVED because we have the promise of FAITH. we can move past the world, even if we loose our NATURAL LIFE here on earth in the flesh.... because our FAITH should have already told us if we loose our "LIFE" he will give us "LIFE". this assurity is without a doubt, better know as "to believe".

what better assurity of our SALVATION than the Word of FAITH.

so thanks my friend, take care.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greeting my friend,

you took those words right out of my mouth that I forgot to post in another thread.... (smile). it's always good to have backup.

it's one thing I have found out that too many a christian still have one foot in the world and the other in the church.

if you know that your're SAVED because we have the promise of FAITH. we can move past the world, even if we loose our NATURAL LIFE here on earth in the flesh.... because our FAITH should have already told us if we loose our "LIFE" he will give us "LIFE". this assurity is without a doubt, better know as "to believe".

what better assurity of our SALVATION than the Word of FAITH.

so thanks my friend, take care.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
Give God the glory!

Reactions: 101G