OSAS anyone? Opinions on Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here she comes putting her 2 cents in again...:rolleyes:

The book of Jude breaks this down pretty good.
Jde 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jde 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jde 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jde 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

What do you make of these verses?

HUGS

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here she comes putting her 2 cents in again...:rolleyes:

The book of Jude breaks this down pretty good.
Jde 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Jde 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jde 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jde 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

What do you make of these verses?

HUGS
I think that they don't apply to the meaning behind OSAS as it is speaking of salvation and yours appear to be other than Jesus death for us, correct me if I read your entry wrong.

ilovejcsog

Nov 3, 2020
phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far it seems all who have posted believe in osas. What do you say to the majority that don't and use this reason for why they don't. "People who believe in osas believe it because they want to be able to live a sinful life and still be saved."

BE BACK LATER.
Blessings.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hard..

If you truly have been saved and your entire ecistence is now focused aound God and his word, and having faith and believing, and bearing good fruit and trying to be humble and walk peacably among all mankind.
I would think it would be almost impossible for one to turn his back totally and walk away from what he knows is good.
Once saved, always saved.
However, there are those who do profess they know, they have faith and they believe, but the world seduces them back into living in sin.
Once saved not always saved.

The question would be then, were they truly saved in the first place?

Just my thoughts..
HUGS

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Sure, those who are born of God never die, imo."
What does it mean to be born of God?

Salvation is of the Living soul, that it remain alive forever.

Born of God is Receiving the SEED of God that rebirths your natural spirit to a Spiritual Spirit, that never Dies.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is hard..

If you truly have been saved and your entire ecistence is now focused aound God and his word, and having faith and believing, and bearing good fruit and trying to be humble and walk peacably among all mankind.
I would think it would be almost impossible for one to turn his back totally and walk away from what he knows is good.
Once saved, always saved.
However, there are those who do profess they know, they have faith and they believe, but the world seduces them back into living in sin.
Once saved not always saved.

The question would be then, were they truly saved in the first place?

Just my thoughts..
HUGS

There are men, who go to an "alter call", before witnesses of a congregation ... confess Belief.....for numerous reasons.
(They will be allowed to join the Church Membership, BE treated as a Saved and Born Again (Converted) "brother" IN Christ)

Fact is: not every "confessor" believes in his "Heart".
People have all kinds of personal "agendas"...
From wanting to date another person....who will not date them unless they are "Saved", to opportunities of business contacts...
Sounds shallow...but does happen. Even with some who become Pastors...never really believed. (You can search preachers who don't believe..)
Whelp...they were never "Saved".

It is clearly a true confession of ones heart that saves a man's soul...NOT some flippant confession, that fools people, but never fools God.

Rom 10:
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rev 2:
[23] And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Glory to God,
Taken