OSAS anyone? Opinions on Once Saved Always Saved

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where does it say that the penalty of sin has changed from death to life ?
Those who have been given Eternal Life have passed from death into life. if one does not come into Judgment and is not condemned has their sins covered and paid for by Christ.

John 5:24
"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

John 3:16-18
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

hope this helps !!!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just an empty accusation of intellectual dishonesty, with a broad brush.

Much love!

That's for sure Marks! If one is honestly seeking God and is saved, why would they want to flirt with sin? There are many who start out and stay for a short while but, eventually leave to go back to the world. So, since we are to finish a race...as long as we are IN the race we are saved forever...and a day :D (think that was an old Doris Day song, lol)
JM2C

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's for sure Marks! If one is honestly seeking God and is saved, why would they want to flirt with sin? There are many who start out and stay for a short while but, eventually leave to go back to the world. So, since we are to finish a race...as long as we are IN the race we are saved forever...and a day :D (think that was an old Doris Day song, lol)
JM2C
Yes those who are born again long for the pure milk of the word as Peter says- like new born babes. :)

As the deer pants for the water-brooks so does my soul pant after Thee oh Lord !

Reactions: farouk and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes those who are born again long for the pure milk of the word as Peter says- like new born babes. :)

As the deer pants for the water-brooks so does my soul pant after Thee oh Lord !

Absolutely, it's like having Him and His ways in the forefront of our minds all the time.
I can now understand when someone say's they are "in love" with God. That saying kind of never sat well with me. But, someone on here I believe, a while back explained it as compared to a human love affair: !-They can't stop thinking of their love 2-they can't wait to be alone with Him 3- They love Him so much that they will do anything to not hurt or grieve their lover.
Well, this could all pertain to how we can be "in love" with Him! YAY! :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks "Including you?"

Absolutely including me.:)
Just saw this . . . for some reason tagging me doesn't seem to work, I don't get it . . .

What would I say to this?

I believe that God will never let me go because the that's what I find the Bible telling me. And as far as wanting to sin, the fact is, part of how you can know you are born again is that you have completely new desires, and an entirely new way of seeing right and wrong, and you find your desire is actually to do what is right.

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen its called Eternal Life for a good reason.

“ All Of Those That Believe In Me , ALREADY HAVE Eternal Life and shall ”NEVER” come under Condemnation.”
I have yet to see anybody that does NOT adhere to OSAS explain this ONE verse.....they can’t .
Anything they have? .....This ONE verse blows them out of the water, yet, on they go......

Reactions: ChristisGod

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So far it seems all who have posted believe in osas. What do you say to the majority that don't and use this reason for why they don't. "People who believe in osas believe it because they want to be able to live a sinful life and still be saved."

BE BACK LATER.
Blessings.

There have been several OP's on this Topic before you joined.

Perhaps opposers to Receiving Salvation Once and Forever are busy counting ballots.
Cant say for sure...:p

Questioning-
"People who believe in osas believe it because they want to be able to live a sinful life and still be saved."

Utterly ignorant of the Truth.

Receiving Salvation and Baptism of the Holy Spirit...are immediate acts of The Lord God...

To pretend the Holy Spirit "within" a man, is Powerless And a Liar of His Own Promise TO KEEP that man Free From Sin...
IS a pretty Sad and Height of Deception.

The funny thing is, in the numerous posts regarding this topic Not one person in opposition to OSAS ... would or has Admitted that their Salvation Failed, that they have have been Saved more than Once, that they Were Saved and Then decided to wrap up their Salvation and give it back to God.

How does one receive something, from a God they don't Believe in?
How does one give something back to a God they don't believe in?

They have a dead-end circular argument.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just saw this . . . for some reason tagging me doesn't seem to work, I don't get it . . .

What would I say to this?

I believe that God will never let me go because the that's what I find the Bible telling me. And as far as wanting to sin, the fact is, part of how you can know you are born again is that you have completely new desires, and an entirely new way of seeing right and wrong, and you find your desire is actually to do what is right.

Much love!

And to Add...
A man's Sin Against The Lord God IS Two fold;
• A man's Freewill Election to Reject the Lord God.
• A man's Freewill TO make no Election To choose the Lord God.

Either of those Freewill choices ARE a mans SIN AGAINST the Lord God.

A man Who has Elected to Accept the Lord God and His Offering IS a man Free from Ever Again Committing Sin.

It is the ACCEPTING of His Offering...His Indwelling Power to Keep a man Faithful to Him Forever.

Sin against men?
What Sin?
Not believing IN men?
No requirement there.
Unfavorable Behaviors between men?
ARE Trespasses, not Sins.
Scriptures teaches a favorable way for Men to
Resolve, Trespasses Between the two parties OF men...
• Scripture does not teach "to go ask God to forgive A Man" because he (trespassed) cheated or (trespassed) lied to or (trespassed) stole from another man.

I do not Believe Men can Sin Against Men.
I do not Believe Men can Forgive Sin.

I do Believe Men can Intentionally and unintentionally Trespass against other men...
And the Consequences is that man's burden to bear.

How I know, an Unconverted man ...is not how he treats other men...but rather IF anything comes out of His Mouth Against God.

A Converted man Will Always exalt the Lord God.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just an empty accusation of intellectual dishonesty, with a broad brush.

Much love!
I believe rather that the dishonesty is when a person says he knows he has a salvation that he will never lose while still doing anything that displeases God... anything that is which God would still call a sin. The wages of sin is death.

Actually I do believe in OSAS in this sense. God knows what a person's final outcome is to be: That is saved or not. No man knows before he has finished his course that he has a salvation that he will never lose. God provided the means for any person to be saved to the end. Anyone who has met the Master may say that he is saved, but is he really never going to die to God?

Reactions: Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe rather that the dishonesty is when a person says
I'm talking about presuming to know the motives of others, and choosing to impugn them with our negative opinions.

It's this notion that someone only believes in a permanent rebirth because they want the excuse, the permission, the freedom to sin.

As for the rest, I think that we either base our confidence on our trust in Jesus, or in our perceptions of our own performance.

And who is it that does not have the feeling of displeasing God at some time during any given day, week, month?

All that is not of faith is sin. Love God with all your heart and mind and soul and strength At All Times. Pretty strict, wouldn't you say?

But God says that He testifies to each of us who are His children that we are in fact His children. If you do not have that testimony in yourself, what then?

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AGREE
If they were believers it would not enter their mind to go about sinning and living a life out side of God. That's what surprises me that they would say that we want freedom to sin and still keep salvation. As if that would even be a part of their being as a believer.

Salvation is about saving the Soul, unto God.

Spirit Quickening...(rebirth), is;
NOT about "God" changing the Thoughts of the MIND, rather all about the Thoughts of the HEART.

The INTENT is to keep Strenghtening the HEARTS Thoughts that the Minds Thoughts become submissive to the Hearts Thoughts.

^ Man's JOB ^
Gods gives us the Power "Tools", to accomplish making a mind Thoughts Submissive to the Hearts Thoughts...

Some men don't get it.
For Some men it takes years.
For Some men they have accomplished...

And no doubt..."men" are on the sidelines with a megaphone and shouts of Criticism...

Utterly irrelevant... a Converted man's, body, soul, spirit is secure in Gods Justification...
Regardless of sideline critics.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm talking about presuming to know the motives of others, and choosing to impugn them with our negative opinions.
Too much of this going around. Being certain that you are right and that someone believing differently is wrong is the norm, but speaking against the person rather than against the specific point of disagreement are two quite different things. Charity/Love as per I Cor 13 comes to mind.
It's this notion that someone only believes in a permanent rebirth because they want the excuse, the persmission, the freedom to sin.

As for the rest, I think that we either base our confidence on our trust in Jesus, or in our perceptions of our own performance.

And who is it that does not have the feeling of displeasing God at some time during any given day, week, month?

All that is not of faith is sin. Love God with all your heart and mind and soul and strength At All Times. Pretty strict, wouldn't you say?

But God says that He testifies to each of us who are His children that we are in fact His children. If you do not have that testimony in yourself, what then?

Much love!
I have avoided some of these OSAS threads because people often hold a selfish attitude making their personal "salvation" as more important to them than real Love. We speak of believing in God for what reason... for our own personal salvation? If our primary focus in supposedly 'serving God' is on what we can get from Him, how are we better than the "publicans" of which Jesus speaks here?

"For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?" Matt 5:46-47

And then the next verse is one that some people stumble on...

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect" Matt 5:48

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe?

~ Jesus
My friend, the devils believe! Jesus is certainly speaking of something more than believing that he exists!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe rather that the dishonesty is when a person says he knows he has a salvation that he will never lose while still doing anything that displeases God... anything that is which God would still call a sin. The wages of sin is death.

[
/QUOTE]

I disagree.
Gods ultimate pleasure is for a man to become Converted.

Once a man IS Converted....
Nothing can Change that.

Thereafter...yes After Conversion...
Everything a man does is All about...
Receiving: Rewards, Treasures, Gifts, Status.

• There Are Rewards for publically Exalting God...
• The ARE Treasures hid in Heaven for Exalting God privately, secretly.
• There Are Gifts unexpected for ones unexpected Giving.
• There Are Status' in Heaven from Great to Least.

No man MUST DO any of those Things, to "KEEP" his Salvation and Quickening.

Those things are Offerings, a man CAN DO and plainly Foretold what he will receive for his above and Beyond Efforts.

And on the Flip side...Choose to NOT DO those Things...eh, too bad, you lose out receiving What you "could have Had."

Inanutshell- (laymans terms) you don't flunk out because you didn't go for the extra credit...and you don't get the prize for the extra credit if you do nothing extra above and beyond, to earn the extra credit.

From your posts, you reveal yourself pleased to go for the extra above and beyond, and you will reap the rewards for your efforts.

Glory to God,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JM2C
Nancy, almost everyone wants to live forever, it would seem, but most [all] of them also want to flirt with and even partake of sin, do they not? People wants the blessings God offers, but how many are willing to do all that He may require of them?

"The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions." Matt 19:20-22

For that young man and many others, then and now, their love for material riches was/is the stumbling block.

As I at least inferred on another post here, the very word "saved" when applied to oneself can be a very selfish usage. Would we or could we or do we love God without His promise to reward us with unending Life? Why do parents love their natural children? Don't they love them before a child can respond with a smile or a hug or the expression in words, 'I love you too!'?

Reactions: Nancy and Ziggy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy, almost everyone wants to live forever, it would seem, but most [all] of them also want to flirt with and even partake of sin, do they not?
Who exactly is it who wants to sin? You? Me? @Nancy ? I don't, myself. Do you?

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy