OSAS being False Doctrine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

We can walk in the Kingdom of God right now if we turn from our sin and live after the Spirit according to God's Word with a clear conscience before Him.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Sure... later on we go literally into His presence where His is now in Heaven.

But, if one is abiding IN CHRIST having turned from their sin being led by the Spirit, walking in His Word... we are in His Kingdom now right in the middle of this dark, sin sick world.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

We can walk in the Kingdom of God right now if we turn from our sin and live after the Spirit according to God's Word with a clear conscience before Him.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Sure... later on we go literally into His presence where His is now in Heaven.

But, if one is abiding IN CHRIST having turned from their sin being led by the Spirit, walking in His Word... we are in His Kingdom now right in the middle of this dark, sin sick world.
Well I think the Heavenly place is the comforter that Jesus prayed to the Father for us to have. And that is the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: amadeus

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abiding In Christ is abiding in the Holy Ghost... all of these things are relevant but they all hinge on believing AND acting on God's Word!

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Now see one of the OSAS peoples will come along and say this is trying to earn salvation or some othere doofus comment! :rolleyes:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abiding In Christ is abiding in the Holy Ghost... all of these things are relevant but they all hinge on believing AND acting on God's Word!

James 1:22
But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Now see one of the OSAS peoples will come along and say this is trying to earn salvation or some othere doofus comment! :rolleyes:
Well I know when I help people, confess God to people, or obey the commandments, go to church, read the scriptures, pray, etc, the Holy Ghost blesses me with heavenly gifts of peace, love, joy etc.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is my understanding of the subject.
The teaching of some on OSAS is not correctly taught. There are too many scriptures that teach one can fall from grace.
But there are just as many scriptures that teach we can have assurance of salvation as well.We are saved and promised eternal life if we walk in the newness of life walk in the light walk in the spirit.
We have the promise that God will never leave us but we can walk away from God he does not want robots but wants us to love him as he has loved us. WE have a choice to walk by his side or to leave to the old life of sin and walk in darkness it is our will which we chose.

So yes we can be OSAS AS long as we walk with the Lord and do his good will. His yoke is easy and his burden is light and the reward is extremely a delight.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Lord keeps us walking in him, as we have been birthed in the Spirit.

Even if we aren’t walking in him, and speaking / walking in the flesh,,,,..he is still with his child , as he’s in our spirit,..God starts working in his children as soon as they are his....

When we are Born Again, by HIS SPIRIT!!.....you cannot know God, unless you have been “ Birthed in the Spirit “.

To many imo/ belief . Have their “OWN” HOMEMADE GOD!!....and follow a religious spirit......you must follow God in HIS Spirit of truth..that indwells his true child.

Ye MUST be BORN AGAIN to see the Kingdom of God!!

In Jesus Name.....Amen!!

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: dev553344

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All things hinge on being Born Again/ Birthed in the Spirit....there is no relationship with God otherwise...we walk in Spirit.....once Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Which is a Living spiritual birth, that only God can do through the Holy Spirit, he is the one who births our spirit into His.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's actually a very important topic as OSAS is a major stumbling block for many leading them to believe they can live in sin and still be saved which is not the case.
A Born Again doesn’t believe any of this..

Do you not understand that when we have been birthed in the Spirit...we are a new creation in Christ..we have been birthed in the Spirit?

So this OSAS you speak of...is true...we are saved for all eternity..we can ever be U.N.- birthed can we?..you cannot lead a true Born Again to believe they can sin and live in sin.

That is your own understanding of what OSAS means.....?

We sin in the flesh..as we give this flesh over to God and submit to God’s will, our flesh dies..day by day, this has to be learnt through the Holy Spirit, ..Without the rebirth you are leading yourself through scripture.

Without the Holy Spirit you and I and everyone else..do NOT belong to God.

Ye must be BORN AGAIN to have that Living relationship with God through the Holy Spirit

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again doesn’t believe any of this..

Do you not understand that when we have been birthed in the Spirit...we are a new creation in Christ..we have been birthed in the Spirit?

So this OSAS you speak of...is true...we are saved for all eternity..we can ever be U.N.- birthed can we?..you cannot lead a true Born Again to believe they can sin and live in sin.

That is your own understanding of what OSAS means.....?

We sin in the flesh..as we give this flesh over to God and submit to God’s will, our flesh dies..day by day, this has to be learnt through the Holy Spirit, ..Without the rebirth you are leading yourself through scripture.

Without the Holy Spirit you and I and everyone else..do NOT belong to God.

Ye must be BORN AGAIN to have that Living relationship with God through the Holy Spirit
Well I think what he is talking about is instant conversion by the Holy Ghost and never sinning again instead of being led and taught by the spirit to improve in your spiritual walk. Christ went to preach to the spirits in prison and to the sinners. He constantly had to correct the apostles. And he does that for everyone. Guides and directs us to do better and be more perfect as time goes on. I don't really think I know of anyone that has instant conversion, but I know I did have something like that at first when I became Christian.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well I think what he is talking about is instant conversion by the Holy Ghost and never sinning again instead of being led and taught by the spirit to improve in your spiritual walk. Christ went to preach to the spirits in prison and to the sinners. He constantly had to correct the apostles. And he does that for everyone. Guides and directs us to do better and be more perfect as time goes on. I don't really think I know of anyone that has instant conversion, but I know I did have something like that at first when I became Christian.
What do you mean by instant conversion dev?

If you mean instantly “ Birthed in the Spirit “ then YES God births us in the Spirit instantly ,as you well know there is much more to it than that..,we imo are brought to believe in Jesus by God, Godly sorrow and repentance from the heart...

I believe God started drawing me to Jesus from the day I was born...everything I went through as a non believer happened for a reason and that was to draw me of believe in Jesus and birth me in the Spirit.

Those who get fed up with hearing, Ye Must be Born Again..is sad....I have been called to spread God’s word about the rebirth...you/ I cannot stop the will of God ..from being preached...as in me..going over and over about the rebirth...that is the Spirit in me and I must let him have his way...my flesh has no say in the matter...Praise God.

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is sad for YOU to think that the SEAL OF GOD can be broken.
Have you noticed a few have said , they keep their salvation as long as “ they” abide in him....how would they know how to abide in the Spirit?

Surely that is them ,working to keep themselves abiding in Christ?

What some I believe don’t understand is, the Holy Spirit helps us to abide in Christ, how does he do that...well, for ...

One....we must be Born Again.

Two....he shows us how me must die to self....therefore teaches us and guides us to walk in the Spirit.

Three...he brings us to that understanding.

And four.....whoever is truly Born Again can NEVER lose their salvation...why, because they have been birthed in the Spirit supernaturally by God.
How can a Born Again be UN- Birthed....they can’t.
Spirit gives birth to spirit.

He birthed our spirit into His...,.Praise God !!

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eternal security is ONLY available to those that abide IN CHRIST and endure till the end of their lives... abiding IN CHRIST.
Eternal life is only available to those who are truly Born Again...by the Living word of God.

The Holy Spirit also keeps them enduring to the end, yes or no?

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here is my understanding of the subject.
The teaching of some on OSAS is not correctly taught. There are too many scriptures that teach one can fall from grace.
Yes, life has always been conditional, right from the outset. Adam and his wife could have lived forever on earth if they had just obeyed one simple command that caused them no hardship at all.
The same theme is repeated right throughout Israel’s history...obey and live...disobey and die. There has never been a guarantee of salvation to free willed creatures.....either in heaven or on earth.
But there are just as many scriptures that teach we can have assurance of salvation as well.
2 Peter 2:20-22 says...
20 Certainly if after escaping from the defilements of the world by an accurate knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they get involved again with these very things and are overcome, their final state has become worse for them than the first. 21 It would have been better for them not to have accurately known the path of righteousness than after knowing it to turn away from the holy commandment they had received. 22 What the true proverb says has happened to them: “The dog has returned to its own vomit, and the sow that was bathed to rolling in the mire.”

Deliberate sin will rob us of salvation because it is conditional. God does his part, but we have to do ours.

Paul wrote in Hebrews 10:26-31....
26 For if we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, 27 but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition. 28 Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three. 29 How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt? 30 For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah will judge his people.” 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”
We are saved and promised eternal life if we walk in the newness of life walk in the light walk in the spirit.
We have the promise that God will never leave us but we can walk away from God he does not want robots but wants us to love him as he has loved us. WE have a choice to walk by his side or to leave to the old life of sin and walk in darkness it is our will which we chose.

So yes we can be OSAS AS long as we walk with the Lord and do his good will. His yoke is easy and his burden is light and the reward is extremely a delight.
That’s it, continued obedience and a sincere effort to live a life without deliberate sin is the only way to salvation. We have to know what Christ taught and stick to it.
It is a choice to sin, and all choices have consequences.

Last edited:
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eternal life is only available to those who are truly Born Again...by the Living word of God.

The Holy Spirit also keeps them enduring to the end, yes or no?

New Living Translation

English Standard Version

Berean Standard Bible

Berean Literal Bible

King James Bible
Eternal LIFE is only Given to those who are born again , whose Faith was and is in JESUS CHRIST .
These things i write unto you that you may KNOW you have eternal life and that ye may BELIEVE on JESUS CHRIST .
Without the SPIRIT no lamb WOULD endure unto the end .
Yep .
Let us heed the SPIRIT and not the flesh .
Every word written is for our good and works good unto the hearer and doer of them .
The SPIRIT is our guide . For it is HE who works in us that which is WELL PLEASING unto GOD .
The thing is , many are following another jesus . one that accepts sins
one that came to serve their own lustful hearts desire
One that even denies the dire need to have BELIEVED on JESUS CHRIST .
And that other jesus wont be captilzed , for as you know , ITS NOT JESUS CHRIST and thus IT CANNOT save them .
Now put those hands up and let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity .
Heed the Spirit , stay in the bible , be in prayer and endure faithful unto the end .
If that which ye have heard shall remain in you then ye shall continue in the Son and in the Father .
But if one takes off from believing the true gospel and takes hold
upon what is known as the inclusive social many path to GOD lie , THEY WILL FALL from their own steadfastness .
It is true if one comes out they were never truly of us . It is true that all apostles also warned and knew
we must continue in HIM to the end . Reminding the church about that is a GOOD thing
as are all the reminders in the bible . Ye are saved by grace , through FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST .
THIS IS the GIFT OF GOD . now raise those hands cause its LORD praising time .

Status
Not open for further replies.