OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blood of Jesus

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
1. Only God can baptize us into Christ, and his death
2. There is no water mentioned here, the thing one is baptized into is Christ, and his death

this is Holy Spirit baptism not baptism in water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep

and you better be perfect while your at it, if not. You will end up in hell, we’ll that is unless the blood of Jesus washes your sins away based on the fact you said yes to his offer of salvation

where’s that in scripture

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One OSAS believer here stated:

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such irony indeed!

Why would I be angry? OSAS says I can NEVER be unsaved. The real anger might be when OSASers find out that OSAS is a Satanic hoax on Judgment Day.

I’m starting with discussion of human marriage, because it relates to the marriage covenant Christ followers have with Jesus, and to the marriage covenant God had with Israel. and the reasoning that OSASers use to claim that nothing the believer does can forfeit salvation.

Marriage is a covenant for life, that only ends with the death of a spouse, yet AFTER marriage, committing sin against your spouse by adultery breaks the lifetime covenant, and the injured spouse has biblical grounds to end that marriage.

What if a husband tell his wife that he believes in once married for life, always married for life, and that he cannot feel secure in his marriage if he could lose it based on anything he does, and that needing to avoid committing adultery and remaining faithful, makes marriage works based, thus weak and ineffectual?

Would a wife accept being told it’s a burden to have to be faithful to her, and he can’t feel secure in the marriage unless he is free to have sex with anyone he wants, with no penalty for doing so?

Yet that’s the argument OSAS uses regarding the marriage covenant that the bride - the church- has with Jesus.

Human marriage has a direct correlation to the marriage covenant God has with us, and had in the past - it is a type, or shadow of Gods marriage covenant.

God hates divorce, as scripture tells us, and yet He has been married and divorced - because of adultery committed by His bride.

Israel was God’s bride, and the Mosaic covenant was a marriage covenant between them - and that covenant was to be a perpetual covenant - but it ended with divorce because of Israel’s ongoing sins, which was spiritual adultery.

That divorce is found in Jeremiah 3:8 where God divorced Israel and Judah for their adultery of sinning against Him.

We are the bride of Christ, and are married to Him, Romans 7:4, thus are in covenant marriage with Jesus.

The OSAS camp has no understanding regarding God, covenant marriage, and spiritual adultery.

They are claiming a Christian can commit continuing spiritual adultery against God, and never be divorced by Him

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

not scripture

Matt 24:13 he who endures till the end shall be saved

Jn3:16 believes: continual state of believing

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to repeat: God's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Covers ALL sin!! Amen?
Not true!

Hebrews 10:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saving belief/faith continues and is not some shallow, temporary belief that has no root, produces no fruit and withers away.
The shallowness depends on the person. If a person loses their faith and stops believing in Jesus as Savior, a withering will begin, and unless they repent, they can eventually be an enemy of Jesus. Good luck getting into heaven as an enemy of Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The shallowness depends on the person. If a person loses their faith and stops believing in Jesus as Savior, a withering will begin, and unless they repent, they can eventually be an enemy of Jesus. Good luck getting into heaven as an enemy of Jesus.

Jn 15:1 abide

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true!

Hebrews 10:26-27 (NKJV)
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

So who is right, kcnalp or GRACE? They are both supporting their beliefs from the same Holy Bible, but one says "God's ALL-Sufficient BLOOD Covers ALL sin!! Amen"? So GRACE is not worried about any sins she will commit between now and death, she is a OSASer.

The other says "if we willfully sin after we have the truth we can expect a fearful judgment". So kcnalp does worry about sinning from now to death, and I am sure he understands the nature of repentance.

So who is right?

This is what I think is true. If the OSASers are wrong, and there are plenty of scriptures from the Holy Bible that tell us they are, there will be a great surprise coming judgment morning for a whole lot of people, that will not be good.

If non-OSASers are wrong, they have nothing to fear because they will be covered along with the OSASers. Since both sides believe and have confessed Jesus as our Savior, as needed for salvation, per the OSASers.

So if I were to take a side, I will side with kcnalp.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 5:4
Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

jn 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you agree with this comment?

No.
And didn't see that comment.

Reactions: kcnalp