OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A saved man IS JUSTIFIED...duh!

A saved man IS SAVED BY FAITH...

Luke 7:
40] ...Jesus ...said ...
50] ...Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

not without the sacraments
Not faith alone
Not saved until death matt 24:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE=

Does this sound like Faith alone?
Faith without works?

Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
jn 1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
typical fake religion no reality

where does the Bible say you are in union with the new covenant by faith alone

the only place in the whole Bible where you find faith alone is

james 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

NOT BY FAITH ALONE!!!
THE R DOUBLE C has many folks deceived . They bicker and wine about the false churches that say have faith in thyself . WHICH IS TRUE
to do so , YET THEY THEMSELVES have based their faith upon their own doing . JUST like others do .
WHEN a man says FAITH ALONE , BANK ON IT . CAUSE if we truly have FAITH IN JESUS , WE GONNA HAVE WORKS IN JESUS .
IF our faith is dead , then yeah we dont follow him , we lived as i once did , IN sin and in darkness with enough head knowledge
to still say JESUS saves . AND THAT dont save squat . I PRAISE and THANK GOD for the day HE delivered me from my own delusion .
Changed my heart , put a love for truth upon my heart and an hate and anguish in my heart for evil works .
GOD changes a person , THE RCC dont . WELL it does , but it changes them to a people who have a form of godliness
YET deny the power thereof . AND that is no place nor seat i will sit in or under .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sacraments are part of thee faith Mk 16:16
Cause we if we dont have beads in our hands and pray hail marys we are doomed . AS THOUGH WE NEED TO HOLD ON TO AN OBJECT .
MY ADVICE is that you HOLD ON TO and CLING TO the OBJECT that ought to be our hearts desire , THAT WOULD BE JESUS .
I dont need to hold onto beads while i pray and i sure dont need to pray to anyone other than GOD .
GOD IS ENOUGH . HE simply spoke and all was created . HE CAN TAKE CARE OF ME .
TRY TRUSTING IN JESUS ALONE my friend .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THE R DOUBLE C has many folks deceived . They bicker and wine about the false churches that say have faith in thyself . WHICH IS TRUE
to do so , YET THEY THEMSELVES have based their faith upon their own doing . JUST like others do .
WHEN a man says FAITH ALONE , BANK ON IT . CAUSE if we truly have FAITH IN JESUS , WE GONNA HAVE WORKS IN JESUS .
IF our faith is dead , then yeah we dont follow him , we lived as i once did , IN sin and in darkness with enough head knowledge
to still say JESUS saves . AND THAT dont save squat . I PRAISE and THANK GOD for the day HE delivered me from my own delusion .
Changed my heart , put a love for truth upon my heart and an hate and anguish in my heart for evil works .
GOD changes a person , THE RCC dont . WELL it does , but it changes them to a people who have a form of godliness
YET deny the power thereof . AND that is no place nor seat i will sit in or under .

now you’re trapped in fundamentalist brainwashing

you never once an

Now you are trapped in fundamentalist brainwashing
Will have to wait till your head stops spinning and is in the front again

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great fundamentalist lie!
Masquerading as truth!

Saul
Pride
Hatered for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause we if we dont have beads in our hands and pray hail marys we are doomed . AS THOUGH WE NEED TO HOLD ON TO AN OBJECT .
MY ADVICE is that you HOLD ON TO and CLING TO the OBJECT that ought to be our hearts desire , THAT WOULD BE JESUS .
I dont need to hold onto beads while i pray and i sure dont need to pray to anyone other than GOD .
GOD IS ENOUGH . HE simply spoke and all was created . HE CAN TAKE CARE OF ME .
TRY TRUSTING IN JESUS ALONE my friend .

the beads are not required only a help
Christian meditation I suppose is a bad thing
Meditation on the passion and death of Christ
His agony in the garden
Scourging
Crowning with thorns
Carrying his cross
Christ crucified
Shedding his blood as the victim for our sins
Meditation produces repentance

I know faith alone so there is no room for repentance in Protestants

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the beads are not required only a help
Christian meditation I suppose is a bad thing
Meditation on the passion and death of Christ
His agony in the garden
Scourging
Crowning with thorns
Carrying his cross
Christ crucified
Shedding his blood as the victim for our sins
Meditation produces repentance

I know faith alone so there is no room for repentance in Protestants

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Only a help . HOW ON EARTH is a dead object gonna help me . SEE , See , you are trapped my friend .
THINKING GOD is gonna hear us better IF WE HAVE BEADS IN OUR HANDS .
JESUS said to not be like these kinds . THEY THINK They gotta do this or that to be heard by GOD . TO be helped by GOD .
SOLID PROOF . RIGHT THERE .
Now i do pray for you . I Do . COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST HER , PARTAKE NOT OF HER SINS , FOR STRONG IS THE LORD
WHO SHALL JUDGE HER .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only a help . HOW ON EARTH is a dead object gonna help me . SEE , See , you are trapped my friend .
THINKING GOD is gonna hear us better IF WE HAVE BEADS IN OUR HANDS .
JESUS said to not be like these kinds . THEY THINK They gotta do this or that to be heard by GOD . TO be helped by GOD .
SOLID PROOF . RIGHT THERE .
Now i do pray for you . I Do . COME YE OUT FROM AMONGST HER , PARTAKE NOT OF HER SINS , FOR STRONG IS THE LORD
WHO SHALL JUDGE HER .

just keeps track of what you’re doing so you can concentrate on prayer and meditation
There are other methods
Beads Ain’t required

communion of the saints

1 Timothy 2:1
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;

1 Timothy 4:5
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

James 5:16
....The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Does scripture matter?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="kcnalp,

Sound like Faith alone?

1 Timothy 4:5
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="kcnalp, post:

To the uttermost but not by saying so “faith alone” not until we suffer with him in grace unto the end matt 24:13 Phil 1:29

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the uttermost but not by saying so “faith alone” not until we suffer with him in grace unto the end matt 24:13 Phil 1:29

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="kcnalp, post:

Why do you mention me without quoting me?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Paul was opposed to works alone
And works of the law of Moses
Not faith and works
See 1 cor 13 for example
Paul say even “all faith” without charity avails nothing
Paul's argument says justification (being MADE righteous) is secured by believing God's promise apart from the merit of works. Abraham believed God and it was credited it to him as righteousness, and so he was justified by his faith. He did no works to gain that declaration of righteousness. All he did was believe God. Romans 4:2-3

James' argument says justification (being SHOWN to be righteous) is secured by the works that faith produces. Abraham's faith was evidenced by what he did in obedience to God and so he was justified by what he did. Genuine faith is evidenced by the work it produces and so justifies a person as having faith in God. James 2:18

Catholics are taught that you can't be made righteous in God's sight until you complete various duties (some repeatedly). This completely ignores Paul's teaching that Abraham performed no works to be made righteous in God's sight. If Abraham's example is not enough to show you are not justified by performing a work, Cornelius and his family are further evidence that God justifies a person apart from the doing of any and all works—Acts 10:47-48. That is not to be confused with James' faith 'alone' argument which says the person who has faith must also have works to validate that faith as being genuine.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul's argument says justification (being MADE righteous) is secured by believing God's promise apart from the merit of works. Abraham believed God and it was credited it to him as righteousness, and so he was justified by his faith. He did no works to gain that declaration of righteousness. All he did was believe God. Romans 4:2-3

James' argument says justification (being SHOWN to be righteous) is secured by the works that faith produces. Abraham's faith was evidenced by what he did in obedience to God and so he was justified by what he did. Genuine faith is evidenced by the work it produces and so justifies a person as having faith in God. James 2:18

Catholics are taught that you can't be made righteous in God's sight until you complete various duties (some repeatedly). This completely ignores Paul's teaching that Abraham performed no works to be made righteous in God's sight. If Abraham's example is not enough to show you are not justified by performing a work, Cornelius and his family are further evidence that God justifies a person apart from the doing of any and all works—Acts 10:47-48. That is not to be confused with James' faith 'alone' argument which says the person who has faith must also have works to validate that faith as being genuine.

thats cos Catholics are in the new covenant and the sacraments are required to be justified Mk 16:16 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-37 ez 36:25-27 Jn 3:5

new covenant
New creation
New new new