OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats cos Catholics are in the new covenant and the sacraments are required to be justified Mk 16:16 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-37 ez 36:25-27 Jn 3:5

new covenant
New creation
New new new
Cornelius and his family did not perform any ritual or receive any sacrament when they received the righteousness of God by the Spirit. They believed and were declared righteous, just like Abraham when he believed.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cornelius and his family did not perform any ritual or receive any sacrament when they received the righteousness of God by the Spirit. They believed and were declared righteous, just like Abraham when he believed.

what verse

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

faith and baptism always that’s the biblical model

acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

the eunuch was baptized acts 8:36-38
Faith and baptism

the only way for the eunuch to know about the need for baptism is that Philip preached BAPTISM!!!!!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what verse
Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit, the seal of righteousness, BEFORE they were water baptized. BEFORE they did ANYTHING. All they did was believe. Just like how Abraham was declared righteous by faith apart from works:

44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard his message.
Then Peter said, 47Can anyone withhold the water to baptize these people? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have!” Acts 10:44-46-47

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit, the seal of righteousness, BEFORE they were water baptized. BEFORE they did ANYTHING. All they did was believe. Just like how Abraham was declared righteous by faith apart from works:

44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all who heard his message.
Then Peter said, 47Can anyone withhold the water to baptize these people? They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have!” Acts 10:44-46-47

Extraordinary not the normal way things work

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Extraordinary not the normal way things work
Not in the Protestant churches. The Spirit—the seal of righteousness—came into my heart the moment I received Christ two months before my water baptism. Virtually all Christians in the protesting churches receive the Spirit in salvation at the moment they believe before water baptism. And it can't be argued with because the Biblical precedent for that to happen in this New Covenant does in fact exist, as I have shown you, despite your claim that faith and baptism is always the Biblical model:
faith and baptism always that’s the biblical model

Now don't get me wrong. I believe a new believer should be water baptized, and baptized immediately. And I believe if the protesting churches preached the gospel like Peter did in Acts 2 new believers would in fact be receiving the Spirit in salvation in conjunction with their water baptism. And not just the seal of the Spirit tucked away deep inside of them, but the POWER of the Spirit for outward witness. But logistics in these post Biblical times simply makes it hard to make justification and salvation occur in conjunction with one's water baptism.

I think God purposely orchestrated the account of Cornelius and Peter so that the Jewish church (and later, the Catholic church, which seems to pattern itself somewhat after the old covenant worship rituals) would understand that water baptism is not to be understood as a legalistic ritual through which ones receives the Spirit. It's not that at all. It was never meant to be. It's not a hard and fast condition to be satisfied for justification.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not in the Protestant churches. The Spirit—the seal of righteousness—came into my heart the moment I received Christ two months before my water baptism. Virtually all Christians in the protesting churches receive the Spirit in salvation at the moment they believe before water baptism. And it can't be argued with because the Biblical precedent for that to happen in this New Covenant does in fact exist, as I have shown you, despite your claim that faith and baptism is always the Biblical model:

Now don't get me wrong. I believe a new believer should be water baptized, and baptized immediately. And I believe if the protesting churches preached the gospel like Peter did in Acts 2 new believers would in fact be receiving the Spirit in salvation in conjunction with their water baptism. And not just the seal of the Spirit tucked away deep inside of them, but the POWER of the Spirit for outward witness. But logistics in these post Biblical times simply makes it hard to make justification and salvation occur in conjunction with one's water baptism.

I think God purposely orchestrated the account of Cornelius and Peter so that the Jewish church (and later, the Catholic church, which seems to pattern itself somewhat after the old covenant worship rituals) would understand that water baptism is not to be understood as a legalistic ritual through which ones receives the Spirit. It's not that at all. It was never meant to be. It's not a hard and fast condition to be satisfied for justification.

when did the spirit fall on you just hearing a sermon?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when did the spirit fall on you just hearing a sermon?
The Spirit came into me when I asked Jesus to forgive my sins. Like this.....

"‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’" Luke 18:13​

Just as he 'went home justified' (vs.14), so it is that I also received the Spirit and was justified in that moment.

Reactions: rockytopva

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just as he 'went home justified' (vs.14), so it is that I also received the Spirit and was justified in that moment.

not possible to be justified by “faith alone” baptism is required Mk 16:16
Or was Jesus wrong?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

initiation is into the new covenant in union with Christ the mediator and communion with God and the saints!

not a bible study fellowship!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not possible to be justified by “faith alone” baptism is required Mk 16:16
Or was Jesus wrong?
I guess Jesus in the account of the tax collector, and Cornelius and his family, and countless protestors through the centuries who received justification apart from water baptism got it wrong.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
initiation is into the new covenant in union with Christ the mediator and communion with God and the saints!

not a bible study fellowship!
I'll take a 1 Corinthians 14:29-31 meeting of the saints where the Bible is taught and discussed openly and the gospel is preached and the unsaved are invited to receive Christ over a cold, dead, legalistic, Catholic church service any day of the week. For that is where the Spirit moves and believers are edified and sinners come under conviction and are saved.

Reactions: kcnalp

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess Jesus in the account of the tax collector, and Cornelius and his family, and countless protestors through the centuries who received justification apart from water baptism got it wrong.

what good is the Bible or the “Bible alone” is you won’t believe it?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll take a 1 Corinthians 14:29-31 meeting of the saints where the Bible is taught and discussed openly and the gospel is preached and the unsaved are invited to receive Christ over a cold, dead, legalistic, Catholic church service any day of the week. For that is where the Spirit moves and believers are edified and sinners come under conviction and are saved.

no one s saved until death matt 24:13 oh I forget you don’t believe scripture or Jesus Christ

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no one s saved until death matt 24:13 oh I forget you don’t believe scripture or Jesus Christ
"...you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:2

'Are' is a present tense verb. All believing people are presently saved. It's becoming clear that the Catholic church is the one that does not believe scripture or Jesus.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what good is the Bible or the “Bible alone” is you won’t believe it?
I'm the one who showed you what the Bible actually says. What good is it if you won't believe what I showed you? Abraham, the tax collector, and Cornelius and his family were all justified apart from the merit of works. You're the one who does not believe the Bible.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:2

'Are' is a present tense verb. All believing people are presently saved. It's becoming clear that the Catholic church is the one that does not believe scripture or Jesus.

how ridiculous the church wrote the New Testament!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you’re eyes are covered with thick black scales of fundamentalism causing spiritual blindness

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm the one who showed you what the Bible actually says. What good is it if you won't believe what I showed you? Abraham, the tax collector, and Cornelius and his family were all justified apart from the merit of works. You're the one who does not believe the Bible.

apart from works alone and works of the law not apart from the sacraments
Mk 16:16 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38