OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nonsense it refers to redemption
If you want to go down this road you're not going to win. Ephesians 1:14 speaks of redemption being a future event. Now what, theefaith? Just go with what the Bible says. Stop defending indefensible, man-made Catholic doctrine.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as a "holy church". A "church" is a body of believers. The "church" has no authority or power as an entity.

Jn 10:16 one church

Matthew 5:14-16
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
  1. 1 Peter 2:9
    But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

Ephesians 5:27
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But by my name Jehovah they did not know me...

Do people have to know the name of Christ?
Is Jehovah, Christ?

Was God willing to save people even when they didn't know His name?

And afterwards when they knew His name, they became His people?

Is there a transition phase from: where we are saved by Grace to Confess His Name?

Believe and then act, upon that belief.

Are All people saved by Grace, but in order to receive they must believe?
How can you receive something, anything, if you don't believe in the giver?

And the people began to call upon the name of the Lord..
You have to know the name before you call on i though..

And by my name Jehovah, they did not know me.
But he was still sending forth his Grace.. their salvation.
Even when they didn't know his name.

Do you know what the hebrew word for name is? "mark"
Your name is your mark, it's your identity.
Now God was going to do something awesome and He was going to do it, even before the people knew His name.
Moses was sent to give the people God's name. And they became (begotten) God's people.

you see I'm just rambling...
maybe someone knows where I was going with this..

OSAS...
I don't think so...
Only because we seen that the Kingdom was taken from one and given to another..

and yet..

The first is not forgotten, they just have a harsher punishment for walking away.
I'm thinking Jews/Gentiles.. Jehovah/Jesus
Once saved always saved means Israel is also saved, but not all are Israel...
This could get interestiing..

If you take God's name as your own, do you become a "mark" of God?

ok I'm leaving..
hugs

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation cannot be earned.

but we don’t have salvation
Matt 24:13
We have union with Christ and communion with God and the saints in sanctifying grace

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church is the ark of grace and salvation!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you ignoring the word 'saved' in the Ephesians verses I quoted?

What we have yet to receive is the redemption of our bodies and our rescue from the wrath of God at the final judgment. But believers are most certainly saved right now and possess the surety of that salvation via the Holy Spirit.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you ignoring the word 'saved' in the Ephesians verses I quoted?

What we have yet to receive is the redemption of our bodies and our rescue from the wrath of God at the final judgment. But believers are most certainly saved right now and possess the surety of that salvation via the Holy Spirit.

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

He is our model in everything!

Christian suffering!

Patience Implies suffering!

In order to bear fruit we must deny ourself, suffer, and die!

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

Jn 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Matthew 24:42
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Verses of Christian suffering:

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Rev 2: 19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is

it’s something I have to do!
It’s something I have to choose to do!
And remain doing until death Jn 3:16 matt 24:13 Jn 15:1-5
Believing in the blood of Christ for the forgiveness of sin is definitely something you have to choose to do to be saved. That is in stark contrast to performing works to earn salvation as the just, owed payment for those works. The difference between these two ways is the main reason there is a Catholic church and a protesting church. Protestants protest the Catholic church's assertion that salvation is earned by the merit of doing righteous works.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 2:23 .....I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Righteous works are how God will judge a person as having received the forgiveness of God in salvation apart from the merit of works, or not.

"...because her many sins have been forgiven, she has loved much.” Luke 7:47
Obedience signifies salvation, not secures it. That's why we can tell if a person is born again by how they act, and why God can use our works as the evidence for whether or not we enter into the kingdom or go into the lake of fire at the end of the age.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

mary can’t be a sinner

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24:13
We have union with Christ and communion with God and the saints in sanctifying grace

Unfortunately, perhaps you do not have Salvation according to Titus 3:5. "We are saved by the washing of regeneration, and by the renewing of the Holy Spirit."

No Church priests, no rituals, no monetary compensation, no liturgy, no human certification, no doctrinal consensus, no prescribed education, no personal accomplishments, no vicarious agreements, no documentation, can do any kind of Salvation unto righteousness before God.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, perhaps you do not have Salvation according to Titus 3:5. "We are saved by the washing of regeneration, and by the renewing of the Holy Spirit."

No Church priests, no rituals, no monetary compensation, no liturgy, no human certification, no doctrinal consensus, no prescribed education, no personal accomplishments, no vicarious agreements, no documentation, can do any kind of Salvation unto righteousness before God.

saved does not refer to salvation but redemption
Titus 3:5 like Jn 3:5 refer to baptismal regeneration

the one true church founded by Christ has all these things

can you be saved without a priest?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
saved does not refer to salvation but redemption
Titus 3:5 like Jn 3:5 refer to baptismal regeneration

the one true church founded by Christ has all these things

can you be saved without a priest?
I am saved without any priest other than The Lord Jesus Himself. Those who depend upon any other human priest for any matter are being deluded into a fatal error.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One OSAS believer here stated:

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Do you agree with this comment?
I think OSAS misses the point. I think when you obey the Lord's commandments, things go well. When you don't, things don't.

Reactions: amadeus