OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saved without any priest other than The Lord Jesus Himself. Those who depend upon any other human priest for any matter are being deluded into a fatal error.

it was a purposeful question
Jesus is high priest
So who are the low priests?

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you do need baptism to have salvation in the holy church founded by Christ
Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38
The Holy Church founded in Christ does not require water baptism for Salvation.

Human customs are not required for Salvation, only belief in Christ. John 6:47.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is obviously important if we believe the NT. But Salvation can come before water baptism. Sprinkling is not water baptism.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water baptism is obviously important if we believe the NT. But Salvation can come before water baptism. Sprinkling is not water baptism.
Water babtism is not obviously important for Spiritual rebirth, regardless of anyone's chosen doctrine. Scripture specifies what God wants in John 6:47 to merely believe in Jesus.

The thief on the Cross was not baptized. Abraham was not baptized. Many who were baptized in the NT left Jesus.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One OSAS believer here stated:

"If I died when I didn’t believe I would have gone to Heaven because there was One Time That I DID Believe.....that’s all it takes...."

Do you agree with this comment?
Belief is that you are convinced, God has persuaded you with His Light and given you the gift of faith. Look to the Parable of The Sower of Seed. Some believe for a time, half-heartedly and when trials come, their faith is tested and it fails. These were never born of the Spirit. God does not make mistakes. Those who are His Sheep will come when He calls, for He has sanctified them, cleansed them, justified them, given them life eternal and will glorify them.
When one truly has a relationship with Christ, that person _ in Christ _ never wants out.

Jared42

Aug 16, 2021
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is that you are convinced, God has persuaded you with His Light and given you the gift of faith. Look to the Parable of The Sower of Seed. Some believe for a time, half-heartedly and when trials come, their faith is tested and it fails. These were never born of the Spirit. God does not make mistakes. Those who are His Sheep will come when He calls, for He has sanctified them, cleansed them, justified them, given them life eternal and will glorify them.
When one truly has a relationship with Christ, that person _ in Christ _ never wants out.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Water babtism is not obviously important for Spiritual rebirth, regardless of anyone's chosen doctrine. Scripture specifies what God wants in John 6:47 to merely believe in Jesus.

The thief on the Cross was not baptized. Abraham was not baptized. Many who were baptized in the NT left Jesus.
I totally agree.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are low priests who are false, and find gullible people to think what is not in Scripture.

why does it need to be in scripture?
The Bible says believe the doctrine of the apostles after all they are God breathed Jn 20:21-23 same authority as Christ even to the forgiveness of sins Jn 20:23 and the ministry of reconciliation 2 cor 5:18

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Human customs are not required for Salvation, only belief in Christ. John 6:47.

then believe him Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"WITH" the Lord ...
....can be Temporary.

"WITH and IN", ie "WITHIN"
....IS Permanent.

Any person who IS "WITHIN" the Lord,
HAS the Lord Promise for that mans;
Crown of Life, FOREVER.

Any person who IS "WITHIN" IS capable OF
Producing FRUIT/WORKS, that Glorify God.
......"IF" they DO produce Fruit Glorifying to God....THEY SHALL BE REWARDED.
......"IF" they produce ANY Fruit/Works "NOT" Glorifying to God...THOSE WORKS SHALL BE BURNED.

WORKS a man DOES or DOES NOT DO...
Has ZERO effect on His Received Salvation.

A man "WITHIN" Christ Jesus, can NEVER LOSE his Salvation....

Heb 13:
[5] (c) for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Read this scripture:
John 15:2
King James Version

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

It says: Every branch "IN" me, (not "with" me) that beareth not fruit he (God) taketh away ( usually "taketh away" means taken away and burnt.

Like I say: not a good outlook for people (branches) that are OSAS believers. They better be willing to beareth fruit or be taken away. A lot of OSAS people believe this strongly because they do not want to be engaged in bringing people to Jesus, it is outside their comfort box. I'm sure there are many ways to produce fruit, like being a good mother or father to your children bringing them up in righteousness in the Lord Jesus, etc.
So missionary work is not the only way to beareth fruit. Hope they find a way.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am saved without any priest other than The Lord Jesus Himself. Those who depend upon any other human priest for any matter are being deluded into a fatal error.
Sorry Jared, an apostle like Peter is necessary for your salvation. Jesus, when he was about to leave this earth, gave his keys of the kingdom of heaven to Peter and the 10 other apostles. These keys were given to grow the church and save people. Without men who hold those keys, nobody is going to be saved. The question you have to ask, is, which church today hold those keys of the kingdom of heaven that Jesus gave to Peter?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry Jared, an apostle like Peter is necessary for your salvation. Jesus, when he was about to leave this earth, gave his keys of the kingdom of heaven to Peter and the 10 other apostles. These keys were given to grow the church and save people. Without men who hold those keys, nobody is going to be saved. The question you have to ask, is, which church today hold those keys of the kingdom of heaven that Jesus gave to Peter?
This is the most offensive and appalling statement I have ever heard a Christian make.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are low priests who are false, and find gullible people to think what is not in Scripture.
Was Peter and the apostles false priests? Remember Jesus gave them the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and that gave them the power to forgive sins.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read this scripture:
John 15:2
King James Version

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

It says: Every branch "IN" me, (not "with" me) that beareth not fruit he (God) taketh away ( usually "taketh away" means taken away and burnt.

Like I say: not a good outlook for people (branches) that are OSAS believers. They better be willing to beareth fruit or be taken away.

:rolleyes:
No the Saved are NOT "taken away"...

BTW, a man IN Christ IS WITH Chirst!

FRUIT of ANY man "IN" Christ that does NOT GLORIFY GOD, is burnt, not news.

A lot of OSAS people believe this strongly because they do not want to be engaged in bringing people to Jesus, it is outside their comfort box.

A lot of : ??

OSAS people believe this (they will be taken away) strongly because they do not want to be engaged in bringing people to Jesus, it is outside their comfort box.

What NONSENSE. I know of noone who IS OSAS, who (believes THEY will be taken away...and burned!!!)

IF you are SAVED (your comment IS a fruit ... and I highly doubt YOUR Fruit, of Speaking Lies about OSAS men, GLORIFES God, and that that fruit SHALL BE BURNED! )...

Instead of Speaking Against OSAS believers...
Why not Speak about How many times the Lord had to SAVE YOU, over and over and over again...
because the supreme Power of the Lords WORKS (surely must have) FAILED ... since ONCE is not sufficient.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the most offensive and appalling statement I have ever heard a Christian make.
I'm sorry to hear that. I suspect you know very little about the power of the "keys to the kingdom of heaven" talked about in Matthew 16, especially 18 and 19.

Why did Jesus go all the way to the river Jordan to find John to baptize him? Because John was the only person on earth at the time that had the authority to baptize, besides Jesus. So when I say that nobody will be saved unless the keys of the kingdom of heaven are being used by the man doing the ordinances, I mean it. So study up on "the keys of the kingdom of heaven". Christ holds them and has given them to men to grow his church and save people.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sure.

Scripture is pretty clear.
High Priests are appointed By God...

Never heard the term "low priests"... however there are "priests" appointed by men.
And nothing new, not all men who receive appointments by men, means the appointed are always on the up and up.