OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe me, this is not the attitude that our God wants his children to have. It seems feeble and weak.

We should be born again, enlightened, dynamic Christians that are about our Fathers business of bringing souls into the Kingdom of heaven.
For as the scripture says:
Ephesians 2:10
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This is the type or model Christian, not a down in the mouth, can do nothing kind of Christian. Wake up and do something good, it will make you feel good.
Those who have true faith will work

Paul said we are saved by grace through faith. Not by works.

Those who are saved are new creatures created for works..

If we do not have these wrks. We never had faith. (It was dead) hence we were never saved (by Grace)

Reactions: mailmandan

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just stated a fact my friend

No one is complaining bout doing good.

They are complaining about those saying we must do good or we will not be saved. Ie, earning your salvation
Striving and must are 2 different words with different meanings. So don't tie "we must earn our salvation", to "striving to do good". It is a perfect excuse not to do good.

And besides, what fact did you state? Do you think it is a fact that if someone is striving to do good, they are automatically trying to earn their way into heaven? Like I say, a perfect excuse for the OSAS to not do good works for fear they will try to earn their way into heaven. Hello!

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who have true faith will work

Paul said we are saved by grace through faith. Not by works.

Those who are saved are new creatures created for works..

If we do not have these wrks. We never had faith. (It was dead) hence we were never saved (by Grace)
Yes your eyes are opening. You cannot be saved by good works, but your good works is a part of your reputation, so all can see and glorify your Father in heaven and prove you are truly saved.

As you remember, good works was part of the proof that Jesus put forward to prove that he was the Son of God. And I paraphrase. If you do not believe me believe my works that I am the Son of God. So I see it complimentary to prove by our works that we have faith and have truly been saved, and not for the purpose of earning our way into heaven.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Striving and must are 2 different words with different meanings. So don't tie "we must earn our salvation", to "striving to do good". It is a perfect excuse not to do good.

And besides, what fact did you state? Do you think it is a fact that if someone is striving to do good, they are automatically trying to earn their way into heaven? Like I say, a perfect excuse for the OSAS to not do good works for fear they will try to earn their way into heaven. Hello!
Well lets see

Your against the fact that those who are saved by grace believe in eternal security

So some how some way you have to believe that you must do something to keep your salvation.

Forgive me, But I can just go off what I hear.

This nonsense that osas teaches us to sin is nonsense. John said it is the fact we KNOW we have eternal life which causes us to continue to believe, and it is our faith that causes good works.

God demands perfection. It is NOSAS that teaches one does not have to be perfect to earn salvation. NOT OSAS

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your eyes are opening. You cannot be saved by good works, but your good works is a part of your reputation, so all can see and glorify your Father in heaven and prove you are truly saved.

As you remember, good works was part of the proof that Jesus put forward to prove that he was the Son of God. And I paraphrase. If you do not believe me believe my works that I am the Son of God. So I see it complimentary to prove by our works that we have faith and have truly been saved, and not for the purpose of earning our way into heaven.
My eyes have been open for over 4 years my friend.

We are told to not judge, not be fruit inspectors. But to save that which is lost. By giving the gospel to them

Jesus did not come to judge, we should be like him

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As God told the prophet. Where can you go that I am not there?

We can’t walk away from God. God is everywhere.

He also said he would never lose nor forsake anyone.. No matter what
That is metaphoric. Of course you can walk away from God. Even if you once loved God, but now hate him, you can truly offend God to where his spirit will no longer strive with you. Look at Cain. He knew God, possibly face to face and even sacrificed to him, although it was not a righteous sacrifice, I am sure Cain knew and confessed that God was his savior.

However, with all that knowledge he turned his back on Jesus and loved satan more and even killed his brother Able to prove his complete break with God. God let him have it with both barrels. OSAS did not save Cain. God did not walk away from Cain. Cain walked away from God. Then God walked away from Cain.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is metaphoric. Of course you can walk away from God. Even if you once loved God, but now hate him, you can truly offend God to where his spirit will no longer strive with you. Look at Cain. He knew God, possibly face to face and even sacrificed to him, although it was not a righteous sacrifice, I am sure Cain knew and confessed that God was his savior.

However, with all that knowledge he turned his back on Jesus and loved satan more and even killed his brother Able to prove his complete break with God. God let him have it with both barrels. OSAS did not save Cain. God did not walk away from Cain. Cain walked away from God. Then God walked away from Cain.
You give yourself t much credit.

Cain did not walk away from God. He proved he did not believe in God because he offered God human Good. Not divine good. He demanded God meet him under his own will. He refused to meet God in his will

Cain is the father of NOSAS and legalism.

Just because someone says they knew God does not mean they did.

You have no power my friend. The tax collector did not strive t do anything, He begged for Gods mercy, because he repented

The pharisee is the one pushing works and how righteous they are.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we should believe in conditional life not eternal life?

The scripture says those who were of us and walked away and now are against christ. We’re never of us.

That odes not negate OSAS. It supports the fact that those truly of God may lose faith and walk away as prodigal children. But they will never stop believing.

it is dependent on if a person indivdiuallys decides to no longer believe, and renounces their belief/faith in God / Jesus.

Just because some do not stop believing doesn't mean someone else will can not give up their own faith by their own decision.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You give yourself t much credit.

Cain did not walk away from God. He proved he did not believe in God because he offered God human Good. Not divine good. He demanded God meet him under his own will. He refused to meet God in his will

Cain is the father of NOSAS and legalism.

Just because someone says they knew God does not mean they did.

You have no power my friend. The tax collector did not strive t do anything, He begged for Gods mercy, because he repented

The pharisee is the one pushing works and how righteous they are.

Cain made a choice to kill his brother, and disobey God.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is dependent on if a person indivdiuallys decides to no longer believe, and renounces their belief/faith in God / Jesus.

Just because some do not stop believing doesn't mean someone else will can not give up their own faith by their own decision.
John said that person was never of us (saved)

While I gree, we can say that someone among ue us can walk away in unbelief. Scripture states they do so because they never truly believed to begin with

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain made a choice to kill his brother, and disobey God.
Yep

Just like the pharisees made a choice to kill Jesus

Because they had no living faith. And were mad when they were told their hard work amounted to nothing.

When you work hard and your work is rejected, you tend to get angry.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read this scripture:
John 15:2
King James Version

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

It says: Every branch "IN" me, (not "with" me) that beareth not fruit he (God) taketh away ( usually "taketh away" means taken away and burnt.

Like I say: not a good outlook for people (branches) that are OSAS believers. They better be willing to beareth fruit or be taken away. A lot of OSAS people believe this strongly because they do not want to be engaged in bringing people to Jesus, it is outside their comfort box. I'm sure there are many ways to produce fruit, like being a good mother or father to your children bringing them up in righteousness in the Lord Jesus, etc.
So missionary work is not the only way to beareth fruit. Hope they find a way.

gregory how do we bring people to Jesus?
How do we put on Christ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course the Saved are NOT "taken away". It is those that think they are Saved that do not bring fruit for the Kingdom of God that are taken away, [/B] per the scripture, not me.

Correct...THE SAVED are NOT "taken away".
YOU ARE thereafter adding CONJECTURE...and CONFUSION.

Conjecture...THOSE who "THINK" they are saved....
In one respect..."SURE", there ARE some who may "THINK" they "ARE" Saved, but ARE NOT....
....YOU give "NO INDICATION whatsoever" OF HOW to "determine" the DIFFERENCE...
...."BETWEEN" one who "IS SAVED" and one WHO "merely" "Thinks he IS SAVED".
.... YOUR IMPLICATION IS one who believes OSAS IS 'merely the one who THINKS he is SAVE...but IS NOT".
... THAT IS FALSE.
... Scritpture itself REVEALS, PRECISELY, WHO "IS" Forever SAVED...and "HOW" one KNOWS...(not merely THINKS)...He IS SAVED

THE CONFUSION -

*** YOU, are ATTEMPTING TO MAKE; "the PRODUCING OF FRUITS" .... THE DETERMINING FACTOR "OF WHO IS and WHO IS NOT SAVED"...
THAT IS FALSE.

ONLY a man "WITH" OR a man "WITH AND IN"...(ie WITHIN) the Lord CAN "produce" Fruit. [/B]

THE FRUIT, "produced" BY any man...
"WITH" the Lord God...."OR"
"WITHIN" the Lord God
IS EXPRESSLY "FRUIT" / "WORKS"....
THAT GLORIFY GOD!!!!"

Any man "WITH or WITHIN" the Lord God...
WHOSE "fruit/works"...
DO GLORIFY GOD... HIS "fruit/works"...
SHALL BE REWARED, with Treasures, (rewards) stored up IN Heaven, AND Given that man....WHEN Jesus returns.)

Any man....NOT "with or within" the Lord God....IS "without" ANY Fruits/Works that Glorify God. There IS NO "reward" for them.
All of their WORKS are burned.

Any man...WITH or WITHIN the Lord God...
WHOSE "FRUITS/WORKS"...DID NOT GLORIFY God...
SO ALSO, SHALL THOSE "FRUITS/WORKS"...
BE "TAKEN AWAY.....AND BURNED!!!!"

* * FRUITS/WORKS...ARE ABOUT "REWARDS" FOR Glorifying God.
* FRUIT/WORKS...DO NOT "DETERMINE" WHO IS, and WHO IS NOT SAVED!

Who says that a man IN Christ IS WITH Christ?

John 14:
[12] Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
[13] And whatsoever ye shall ask that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
[14] If ye shall ask any thing IN MY NAME, I will do it.
[15] If ye love me, keep my commandments.
[16] And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide WITH you for ever;
[17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth WITH you, and shall be IN you.
[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
[22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
[25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Are you making something up here to get around the scripture?

:rolleyes: Get Real... Scripture Expressly Speaks of "WITH"...and "IN"....and so did I.
That is not making up to get "around Scripture!"
It is "expressly" addressing what IS Scripture!

IN and WITH are 2 different words that express different conditions, IOW they are not synonyms of each other.

*** NO KIDDING.....thus....pay attention...
To the "AND".....WITH AND IN!!!

So it would be difficult for a man to be both IN and WITH Christ. Similar but not the same. Again, I think you try to use words to twist the scripture to get away from OSAS people being taken away if they do not produce fruit.

....THERE ^^^^ IS YOUR, Conjucture and Confusion...AND ACCUSING...ALL in one summary paragraph.

* A man "ONLY" WITH, the Lord...IS "WITH" the Lord, by his OWN "endurance", which IS the mans own WILL "AND" WILLPOWER, to "continue" following, hearing, believing, DOING WORKS to Glorify God (producing Fruits)...

* SUCH A MAN...."ONLY WITH" the Lord...
IS STILL able to BE CONNED, BE INFLUENCED, BE TRICKED, BE CONVINCED TO: HEAR, LISTEN, CONSIDER, FOLLOW, ACCEPT, VOW ALLEGIENCE TO:
EVIL spirits OF THIS WORLD, and WICKED men OF THIS WORLD....!!!

* In quite LENGTHY repeated Scriptural teaching.... MEN "ONLY WITH" the Lord God.....ARE WARNED... OF the DANGER OF TEMPTATIONS Evil spirits and Wicked men "PREACH"!

* DO YOU NOT, UNDERSTAND the WARNING?
* EVIL spirits, HAVE GREATER POWER than EARTHLY MEN.
* WICKED MEN, sitting in a NATIONS 'Power seat", Governing OVER men of such NATIONS, have Greater Power, that the men being Governed.

* IF A "POWER" GREATER than "evil spirits and men in a nations governing seat"... "IS NOT IN A man"....
THAT MAN .... IS NOT "PROTECTED" FROM "evil spirits and men in a nations governing seat"...

* Amazing how you have MISSED the WHOLE BIG PICTURE MESSAGE THAT Jesus came TO REVEAL....
* THERE IS, NO POWER GREATER THAN the Lord God Himself.
* Anyone can following along Jesus' Teachings, Believing it, IS "WITH" the Lord...and the Lord "WITH" the man....
AND AT ANY TIME, that man, CAN, become influenced by powers greater than him (evil spirit or wicked men in nations governing seats)....and freely CHOOSE to IGNORE Jesus' teaching....and INSTEAD follow the preaching of evil spirits and or wicked men in nations governing seats.
* THAT ^, IS Expressly CALLED...
Having "FALLEN FROM FAITH". It is a man FALLING AWAY FROM being "WITH" the Lord and the Lord "WITH" that man!

* FOR ANY MAN TO HAVE, "SECURE ASSURANCE"... TO BE FOR EVER "WITH" the Lord God, and the Lord God "FOR EVER" "WITH" the man....
IS EXPRESSLY TAUGHT IN SCRIPTURE ...
IS BY, THROUGH, OF....the man BEING BAPTIZED "with" THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD...
AND any man UNDERSTANDING the BAPTISM of the Holy Spirit of God....
* IS PRECISELY, THE POWER OF GOD, WHICH IS GREATER THAN ALL POWERS...IS ENTERED "IN" the man, AND FOR EVER, KEEPS THAT MAN "IN" FAITH unto the Lord God"....

NO OTHER POWER...not of an EVIL spirit or of a WICKED man...CAN Deceive A man, CAN Overpower Gods POWER IN the man and CAUSE that man TO EVER AGAIN...DENY or STAND AGAINST GOD!

OSAS ie; ONCE SAVED....ALWAYS SAVED....IS precisely Biblical Teaching, that ONCE a man "IS" Saved Expressly BY the "IN-Dwelling" Baptism OF Gods Holy Spirit "IN" the man....NOTHING whatsoever, CAN "CHANGE THAT"!
And By Gods WORD...a man WITH Gods Holy Spirit Baptism....that IS Gods Spirit IN a man and Forever, God WILL Be WITH that man.

Continued -

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregory -

Continued...your comment about...OSAS

OSAS people believe they can do anything, good or bad and they will still be saved. They are just wrong.

No...Actually YOU are wrong.
* Salvation IS NOT "given a man" FOR doing WORKS.
* Salvation IS NOT "kept by a man" FOR doing WORKS.
* Salvation IS given a man, FOR CONFESSING HEARTFUL BELIEF "IN the Lord God".
* Salvation IS KEPT IN a man, BY THE POWER OF GOD "IN" a man.

* THAT ^ IS a Permanent ONE TIME, FOR EVER "RELATIONSHIP" Established BETWEEN...ONE man...and the Lord God Himself.

YOU are trying to TWIST SALVATION, TO MEAN: "RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN MEN" CAN "CAUSE" a man "TO LOSE HIS SALVATION"...
NO, it CAN NOT!

* MEN...WHO ARE SAVED...ARE SAVED!
THEIR "RELATIONSHIP" "WITH and IN" the Lord God "IS SECURE".

* SAVED PEOPLE....WHO lie, cheat, steal, have unsavory relationships with/against "OTHER PERSONS" ....ARE CALLED: "TRESPASSERS and DEBTORS".
SUCH men, lying, cheating, stealing, whatever...ARE NOT Glorifing God...and ARE "LOSING" Rewards, THEY "COULD HAVE HAD".....IF they were DOING WORKS that "GLORIFIED GOD".
* WHAT IS "TAKEN" "WITHELD" FROM THEM...
ARE "REWARDS THEY COULD HAVE HAD".
* AND the WORKS they "DO" against OTHER MEN, that DO NOT GLORIFY GOD....
ARE BURNED!
* AND EVERY person, who HAS an "unsavory" relationship WITH/AGAINST "other men"....
SHALL BEAR THE BURDEN and CONSEQUENCES ... IF they lie, cheat, steal whatever AGAINST "ANOTHER PERSON".

WHEN, one lies, cheats, steals AGAINST their spouse...AGAINST their neighbor, AGAINST their employer, AGAINST the people they govern over; etc. ."they SHALL BEAR the burden of the consequence OF the person who was lied to, cheated, or stolen from."
(You can plainly OBSERVE such consequences....Divorces, loss of spouse, loss of home, loss of employment, loss of neighborly friends, loss of votes to govern; etc. )
^ THAT DOES NOT, EFFECT, the LOSS of a mans SALVATION IN the Lord God OR the mans RELATIONSHIP WITH the Lord God...
^ IT does EFFECT, "the relationship" BETWEEN PEOPLE...
^ IT does EFFECT, "the LOSS of REWARDS" From God....because the person is SO BUSY "sneaking, lying, cheating" another person....
THEY ARE NOT GLORIFYING GOD!

It's NOT Complicated.
A man ONLY "WITH" the Lord God...CAN deflect and no longer be "WITH" the Lord God....
** ie....HELLO....grand Biblical Example:
Judas Iscariot! He was "WITH" the Lord...THEN was NOT "WITH" the Lord...
He DID NOT "stay WITH" the Lord and he DID NOT, BECOME "MADE IN the Lord" (Baptized with the HS, SAVED and the Lord God "IN" him).
** ie....HELLO...grand Biblical Examples;
The 11 remaining Disciples Jesus' expressly CHOSE....were WITH Jesus...AND ALL Heartfully CONFESSED BELIEVE, and became Baptized with the HOLY SPIRIT....THEY BECAME "IN" the Lord God, and the POWER of the Lord God...."IN" THEM.
** THEY are each..."WITH and IN" the Lord God and the Lord God "IN THEM"...and "WITH" them FOREVER!
** YOU think the "DISCIPLES" thereafter, HAD PERFECT harmonious "RELATIONSHIPS" with "every other PERSON"? No, they didn't.
** Do you think..."THEIR SALVATION" was AT RISK, IN DANGER", Because of ANY RELATIONSHIP they had "WITH OTHER PEOPLE"? No, it wasn't.

If I speak lies it should not matter, according to you.

IF you speak LIES to me...About your job, your hobbies, your whatever, so what...It does not Affect me.
IF you speak LIES to me...About SCRIPTURE, I can VERIFY what you SAY, IN SCRIPTURE, to KNOW if it is a LIE, or NOT.
I can IGNORE YOU, or Challenge YOU, or Tell you WHAT you are SAYING IS NOT TRUE.
And the Allegations you Make Against men who ARE Saved (OSAS) are False.

I have confessed Jesus is my savior, I am in his hands, and he will not abandon me, right?

Correct....

If I speak the truth though, OSAS people better learn how to repent and stay on the right path.

You Are Saved...and the Lord will NEVER Abandon You....but other People who ARE Saved...better learn how to repent and stay on the Right Path?

How egotistical! And hypocritical...Salvation given you IS Not different than the Salvation any other man receives (OSAS). IS Never Abandoned, just like YOU Just Claimed For Youself!!! While saying other Saved men Had better repent and Stay on the right Path....

First of all...a man is not Converting IN The Lord God....Until the man Repents of his SIN (of Having HAD Disbelief IN God)...

So WHAT "repentance" are you talking About???...
and How do YOU KNOW if a man Repents or Not?

Continued -

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregory -

Continued...

According to you a OSAS person can do anything they wish and still be saved.

Correct. A SAVED PERSON, will not be abandoned....JUST AS YOU SAID...and AS Scripture says....He will Never Leave, Never Forsake.

YOU trying to MAKE a mans Behavior between men a "condition" to KEEP ones Salvation IS FALSE.

If this is the way the Lord works, then I as well as you were saved once and that is all that is needed. Everyone sins in one way or another, but according to you, the Lord does not see it after they are saved and takes them into his kingdom anyway. No problems here.

According to Scripture...
* All earthy men are BORN IN SIN.
* Jews UNDER THE LAW, SINNED AGAINST GOD.....AND SINNED AGAINST other MEN.
* Men NOT UNDER Mosaic LAW, "TRESPASS" Against other men...and ARE "INSTRUCTED" to "ask other men FOR FORGIVENESS of their Trespass"...AND also, Forgive a Brother of his "trespasses" against him.
* I was NEVER UNDER Mosaic Law. I do not SIN Against men. Everyones' SIN IS AGAINST God (less YOU are Under Mosaic Law...THEN your SIN IS according to Mosaic Law.)
My SIN was AGAINST GOD, and IS ALREADY FORGIVEN, and I SIN no more AGAINST GOD.
* IF you trespass AGAINST a man....Your "harm" is Against that man...Why would you Ignore the man and go ask God to forgive you? Scripture does not teach that... It teaches YOUR trespasses are YOUR responsibility to ask for forgiveness and PAY your damages for the other mans harm.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gregory -

Continued...

Correct. A SAVED PERSON, will not be abandoned....JUST AS YOU SAID...and AS Scripture says....He will Never Leave, Never Forsake.

YOU trying to MAKE a mans Behavior between men a "condition" to KEEP ones Salvation IS FALSE.

According to Scripture...
* All earthy men are BORN IN SIN.
* Jews UNDER THE LAW, SINNED AGAINST GOD.....AND SINNED AGAINST other MEN.
* Men NOT UNDER Mosaic LAW, "TRESPASS" Against other men...and ARE "INSTRUCTED" to "ask other men FOR FORGIVENESS of their Trespass"...AND also, Forgive a Brother of his "trespasses" against him.
* I was NEVER UNDER Mosaic Law. I do not SIN Against men. Everyones' SIN IS AGAINST God (less YOU are Under Mosaic Law...THEN your SIN IS according to Mosaic Law.)
My SIN was AGAINST GOD, and IS ALREADY FORGIVEN, and I SIN no more AGAINST GOD.
* IF you trespass AGAINST a man....Your "harm" is Against that man...Why would you Ignore the man and go ask God to forgive you? Scripture does not teach that... It teaches YOUR trespasses are YOUR responsibility to ask for forgiveness and PAY your damages for the other mans harm.
Wow, you really know your scriptures.

But, no matter how you want to twist this scripture away from OSAS, it is still an OSAS problem. If a person is "IN" Christ, which to me means they are a baptized member and are "IN" the grace of God, do no produce fruit for the kingdom of God, they are going to be taken away and will not be in heaven.

So just live up to the advertisement. If you are saved, and have faith, good works follows sincere faith. So get to work. Why is this such a tough concept to adhere to?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is absolutely NO problem with the OSAS doctrine... The problem is with those who try to ADD to the Gospel of Grace.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gregory how do we bring people to Jesus?
How do we put on Christ?
We put on Christ this way:

We believe
We repent
We are water baptized
We are spirit baptized
We are now ready (being "IN" Christ and embolden by the grace of God) to be children of Jesus and we act the part by bringing fruit (people) into the kingdom of God with us.
Emboldened by the grace of God, and having put on Christ or being "IN" Christ, we endure to the end.

As people see our good works and how it glorifies God and makes us happy Christians, God helps them to believe and if they are ready and sincere, they will go through the same process that we went through until they too put on Christ and do the same things that we do.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We put on Christ this way:

We believe
We repent
We are water baptized
We are spirit baptized
We are now ready (being "IN" Christ and embolden by the grace of God) to be children of Jesus and we act the part by bringing fruit (people) into the kingdom of God with us.
Emboldened by the grace of God, and having put on Christ or being "IN" Christ, we endure to the end.

As people see our good works and how it glorifies God and makes us happy Christians, God helps them to believe and if they are ready and sincere, they will go through the same process that we went through until they too put on Christ and do the same things that we do.

scripture

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism
Acts 8:36-37 faith and baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
scripture

Mk 16:16 faith and baptism
Acts 8:36-37 faith and baptism

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Yes, you must be baptized to put on Christ. Thank you.