OSAS Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is absolutely NO problem with the OSAS doctrine... The problem is with those who try to ADD to the Gospel of Grace.
So God chooses you to come to Christ.

Christ gives you faith and grace, so your sins are forgiven from before and into eternity automatically by Christ.

Christ saves you into heaven.

Is this the basic doctrine of the OSAS?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Gregory ... My faith is simple.

Christ died for the sins of the world. I accept this. Whether He chose me or I chose Him does not matter. I said YES.

He says.... Believe in ME and you will be saved.
God promises that HE will finish the good work in us that HE has begun.

I don't know what others are saying OSAS is... but I say... it means my eternal position is SECURE in CHRIST
GOD promises HE will never leave me or forsake me. I believe HIM.

Reactions: Taken

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder what would cause a Christian to ask another Christian IF they are SAVED?
Maybe I won't give you a cookie.... LOL

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Jared, an apostle like Peter is necessary for your salvation. Jesus, when he was about to leave this earth, gave his keys of the kingdom of heaven to Peter and the 10 other apostles. These keys were given to grow the church and save people. Without men who hold those keys, nobody is going to be saved. The question you have to ask, is, which church today hold those keys of the kingdom of heaven that Jesus gave to Peter?
It sure as heck aint the RCC . That is a dungeon of demons . Wait not for an apology on that statement .
I will die and die the worst death possible long before i enter into her chambers . LONG before .
The mormons and buddists have as good a chance as converting me as does the RCC . And yeah they false too . SO nope i wont heed that lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder what would cause a Christian to ask another Christian IF they are SAVED?
Maybe I won't give you a cookie.... LOL
Because if you don't believe what they believe, then you can't be saved. And that is not limited to Catholics. Many don't understand that there are many people who are holding on to hope by a thread and just need to be validated and convinced that they have value.
Instead, it's, "Well, if you'd just listen to me and believe like I do, then you'd be fine." I call these people religusees, who are part of the Babylonian cult of Churchianity.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because if you don't believe what they believe, then you can't be saved. And that is not limited to Catholics. Many don't understand that there are many people who are holding on to hope by a thread and just need to be validated and convinced that they have value.
Instead, it's, "Well, if you'd just listen to me and believe like I do, then you'd be fine." I call these people religusees, who are part of the Babylonian cult of Churchianity.
and notice I told him I refused to answer the question because it was a trap... the other question was a STATEMENT.... I am sneaky that way... LOL

Reactions: Truman

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.... DEAR.... I am not going to answer this question BECAUSE it is a trap.
But... I do have cookies... and you can have one if you like....

Ok thanks

I just wondered about Matt 24:13 is all

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sure as heck aint the RCC . That is a dungeon of demons . Wait not for an apology on that statement .
I will die and die the worst death possible long before i enter into her chambers . LONG before .
The mormons and buddists have as good a chance as converting me as does the RCC . And yeah they false too . SO nope i wont heed that lie .
What lie did I tell?

Which church today holds the "keys to the kingdom of heaven"?

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well.... DEAR.... I am not going to answer this question BECAUSE it is a trap.
But... I do have cookies... and you can have one if you like....
I'm curious, what is the "trap" you mentioned?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, you really know your scriptures.

But, no matter how you want to twist this scripture away from OSAS, it is still an OSAS problem. If a person is "IN" Christ, which to me means they are a baptized member and are "IN" the grace of God, do no produce fruit for the kingdom of God, they are going to be taken away and will not be in heaven.

So just live up to the advertisement. If you are saved, and have faith, good works follows sincere faith. So get to work. Why is this such a tough concept to adhere to?

A men IN Christ, (speaking Heartfully truly Converted), IS a new creature. Remember God created and made man-kind, very good, not perfect. Perfection is a promise to come to pass, given a Converted men.
During a Conversion which is (the Works of the Lord God), our Heart is changed, planted with Gods Seed, which births our new spirit (which our natural spirit is our natural True thoughts in our old heart) and the Holy Spirit of Truth within us, which teaches us Gods Truth.
What God "does not change" in a conversion IS our "carnal minds".
Carnal Minds, are easily influenced, easily tricked with false promises, with easy street ploys and tactics. The mind ciphers and weighs ideas between this and that weighs the risks, if one can gain by underhanded means and get away with it or not. Maybe the ploy was successful in the past, maybe it failed, but the consequence was tolerable...
* The difference, is, IN a converted man, there is no..."this and that", perse'. The converted man, made a sure enough decision to freely choose "THIS"...being the Lords WAY...Option to fully TRUST only that ONE WAY, and TRUST the outcome will Always be for the Best outcome.
* So, consider, a man, newly Converted...his own responsibility remains...in WHAT is he going to Consider...(the this and that perse')...Listen to his hearts thoughts, or Listen to his (same old carnal mind)...
* See the change in the matter of what a man NOW has to consider?
* God gives him the Power of God within him to have the strength for his Hearts thoughts to supersede his minds thoughts....ALL the while, the World is 24-7 preaching...educate the MIND...(according to "corrupt" teaching programs)...
* While a converted man, is directed to educate the MIND...(according to Gods Word)...
* It's a choice, and a process for any man. And I would dare say, impressing to men considering conversion or a converted man how and why, they do have authority and power over their mind, is rarely a highlighted teaching....moreso, miminalized...Jesus Saves and then you can ask the Lord for Anything...
A new TV, big house, toys, fat bank account, vacations, blah, blah, blah.
* God Desires a man to Freely Give the WHOLE of the man (body, soul, spirit) TO the Lord Gods Supreme Governing Power and Authority.
* God Made His "one time Offering", of HOW a man could (according to Gods WAY), accomplish receiving His Offering, NOW, ONCE and Forever and the PROMISE OF how and when His further Promises would come to pass.

Act 4:
[12] Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Heb 10:
[10] By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

2 Peter 1:
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure : for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

What calling, what election ?
Why must one BE SURE, before they call, before they elect?

Acts 2:
[21] And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 Thes 1:
[4] Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

SURE? WHY? Because once committed and converted....there are no OOPS, changed my mind (remember confession of the mind was not considered, only Heartful confessions). Because there is no DIVORCING, Leaving, Considering other gods, going to court with a slick attorney to get out of a contract you agreed to.
* And not to fret, God is not fooled, He searches the Heart and is All knowing.

Also to consider, an unconverted corrupt man, is proud of his success in his sneaky secretive underhandedness...
A converted man, has the Spirit of Gods Truth in his new heart, continually speaking...for lack of better words...tugging on his heart strings....which is in effect, not stopping the man canal minds thoughts, but is already affecting the mans "feelings"...
What is happening, is Inner Conflict being brought to the mans attention...and the reminder he has a great power within him to overcome the inner conflict.

The Lord God has OFFERED to ALL men...
A once and forever gift of Salvation...
All men, even the most evil and wicked men who have committed the most evil and wicked atrocious things against other men....

* And yet, men stand on the sidelines and say....you're saved? Well "I" don't think you do enough works to remain saved. And "I" think "your works" are not "acceptable"...

God has already addressed a mans behavior and works... Which is a matter of, God has provided a converted man with the Truth and Power necessary to MAKE his minds thoughts acquiesce to his (new spirit) and his (new) Hearts thoughts..
* AND a man who DOES WORKS that glorify Gods, SHALL BE Rewarded...
* AND a man whose WORKS DO NOT GLORIFY God, SHALL BE BURNED.
* There is ZERO teaching that a man "WHO HAS BEEN CONVERTED", becomes "UNCONVERTED".

I stand by, ONCE a man IS Saved, it is Forever.
And even with converted men, they are not Perfect, and believe there will be ALOT of WORKS burned and forgotten.

God Bless,
Taken

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you’re not saved in this life matt 24:13

baptism is the new birth new creation
But baptism does not destroy free will