Pagan Tongues VS God's Real Gift of Tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All these absolute explanations given here, and yet a lot of people there (who were very used to hearing foreign languages spoken every day in Jerusalem) thought what they heard were the mumblings of drunk men. (I think that part was put in the Bible for us to read.)

Only because they doubted and they mocked the disciples for why they said that. From what you see in the holy laughter movement and saved believers falling down in seeking to receive the "spirit" in order to get that sign of tongues, that is not what Peter was doing at Pentecost for he would not be able to stand up and preach. Nobody does that in these movements of the spirit. It is all about that phenomenon as they all get their experience and trail out one by one. No edification. Just signs and wonders and tongues with no interpretation which is the epitome of confusion which God is not the author of.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but that can't be so, because they listed other languages to know how they were speaking in other languages rather than just their own language. Otherwise, they would not have known they were speaking in other languages too.

They all spoke Hebrew and their native language, so each of those of other nations could still converse with one another. I don't know why you didn't think of that...

every man heard them speak in his own language.

Again, "every man (singular) heard them (plural, like a choir)

They went on to acknowledge that they know that these Galileans spoke their own language and were mystified how they were speaking all those other languages too. So they were not just hearing one language at a time by only their respective group, but various languages as spoken by the new born again disciples.

Acts 2: 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Each person heard only their own tongue, but conversed among themselves and found that others only heard their tongues.

Read it slowly, but clear your head first of your preconceived belief, otherwise you'll never understand what is happening. It is like this - one heard Enow speak Russian, and other heard Enow speak English. But Enow was actually speaking a language that no one present could naturally understand. That is the problem. People believe Paul is contradicting himself in 1 Corinthians 14:2 when he says that NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THEM. Tongues are not naturally understood, otherwise the supernatural gift of interpretation of tongues would hardly be needed.

Anyway, it is an actual foreign language of men speaking to the foreign Jews in their respective native tongue of the wonderful works of God.

Here again you are contradicting 1 Corinthians 14:2 that says tongues are NOT TO MAN BUT TO GOD, for NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HIM. You are believing an erroneous teaching that is man-made so an spiritually ungifted man can relate to the account. Carnal man doesn't understand the supernatural.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul Christensen

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believer that the Holy Spirit is manifesting tongues thru will not understand it, but the foreigner will.

When 1 Corinthians says NO MAN, that means foreigners too. The understanding was supernatural. The Holy Spirit fell on them and all the gifts fell too

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t need to explain these gifts to me, and you shouldn’t judge all uses of the gifts based on misuses. There will be counterfeits until the gifts are no longer needed.

Thank you for sharing what you had.

I was asking for verification, but if you do not want to share how your church does it, fine, but we can judge when a church is doing it right or when a church is doing it wrong.

The fact that women are not to speak in church but to learn in silence as it is a commandment of the Lord, then when women do speak in tongue in church, that is not the Holy Spirit manifesting tongues in those women. Either they are faking it to fit in or they had experienced a phenomenon whereby they felt a spirit come over them later in life as a saved believer for why that tongue is not coming with interpretation and assumed to be for private use.

The point of the OP is how modern day tongue speakers can abstain from all appearances of evil if they really believe God's gift of tongues are for private use. How can sinners know they have departed from those spirits and that kind of tongue if that same kind of tongue is in Christianity? How can the church know that these sinners have really repented if they still speak in the tongue they used to and yet they speak the same way as they do?

These are hard questions that modern day speakers must pray about normally so that they know they had asked that prayer request to expect an answer from the Lord Jesus Christ when it comes. As it is...

A church thought they had God's gift of tongues until they had hired a linguist to record and translate it only to find it was all gibberish nonsense. the clue as to what may have happened in that church that had actually believed they were interpreting tongues goes to another source where Joyce Meyers testified that she interprets tongues by getting the feel or gist of what was being said. That explains how those believers actually believed they were interpreting tongues as they were winging it as Joyce Meyers was.

So there is need to test the spirits and the tongues they bring.

1 John 4:1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all spoke Hebrew and their native language, so each of those of other nations could still converse with one another. I don't know why you didn't think of that...

The astonishment was on the group of Galileans speaking variously to each of their native tongues.

Again, "every man (singular) heard them (plural, like a choir)

Then how can those mock saying they were drunk? Obviously not every one understood all the languages spoken there for why some doubted and mocked. They certainly were not falling down as a drunk, but it was directed to their speaking another language some nearby did not know but understood others that did speak their native tongue.

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? Each person heard only their own tongue, but conversed among themselves and found that others only heard their tongues.

Read it slowly, but clear your head first of your preconceived belief, otherwise you'll never understand what is happening. It is like this - one heard Enow speak Russian, and other heard Enow speak English. But Enow was actually speaking a language that no one present could naturally understand. That is the problem. People believe Paul is contradicting himself in 1 Corinthians 14:2 when he says that NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THEM. Tongues are not naturally understood, otherwise the supernatural gift of interpretation of tongues would hardly be needed.

Problem here is there is a supernatural tongue in the world that is gibberish nonsense and we need to test the tongues and not just the spirits that bring them. And I dare say any spirit that comes over a believer later in their life as a saved believer bringing that tongue is NOT the Holy Spirit for why that tongue is NOT coming with interpretation and should not be assumed for private use because it is not His gift of tongues

Here again you are contradicting 1 Corinthians 14:2 that says tongues are NOT TO MAN BUT TO GOD, for NO ONE UNDERSTANDS HIM. You are believe an erroneous teaching that is man-made so man can can relate to the account. Carnal man doesn't understand the supernatural.

Not really when it says in the spirit he speaks mysteries. There are no mysteries to God so why speak mysteries to God? Therefore the understanding of the words how they speak has to be compared with 1 Corinthians 14:27-28 with 1 Corinthians 14:2

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret. 28 But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church; and let him speak to himself, and to God.

When you have 2 or 3 stand up and speak in tongues while another interprets those tongues, a foreigner visiting the church for the first time may stand up and speak out of turn. That is why he is commanded to be silence in the church as Paul is explaining how he was speaking and that was he understood what he was speaking as God understood what he was speaking thus speaking unto himself and unto God.

Then verse 2 in speaking unto God, the man speaking does not know what he is saying as he speaks in mysteries but God understand what he is saying. So speaking unto God is only inferring that God understands what the tongue is manifested by the Holy Spirit in that man is saying.

This is the correct application of His words because no one can be made to be silent and still speak in the church. Paul was explaining why he should be silent because he is a foreigner for why he understands what he si saying and God does too for why no interpretation is coming because the Holy Spirit was not manifesting tongues thru that foreigner when he was just speaking in his native tongue out of turn.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing what you had.

I was asking for verification, but if you do not want to share how your church does it, fine, but we can judge when a church is doing it right or when a church is doing it wrong.

Well, sorry Enow, but I didn't read all your posts in this thread, so I didn't know that you were requesting this.

The fact that women are not to speak in church but to learn in silence as it is a commandment of the Lord, then when women do speak in tongue in church, that is not the Holy Spirit manifesting tongues in those women. Either they are faking it to fit in or they had experienced a phenomenon whereby they felt a spirit come over them later in life as a saved believer for why that tongue is not coming with interpretation and assumed to be for private use.

LOL!!! If you think that Paul is saying women are not allowed to utter a word in a church service, then how do you explain what Paul said to the Corinthian church in 1 Cor. 11:5? "But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved."

So there is need to test the spirits and the tongues they bring.
I agree with you about the need to test the spirits--ALWAYS!

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When 1 Corinthians says NO MAN, that means foreigners too. The understanding was supernatural. The Holy Spirit fell on them and all the gifts fell too

1 Corinthians 14:20-21 says otherwise as it is the law for what God's gift of tongues to do.. to speak unto the people.

In context Paul was exhorting believers that are zealous for spiritual gifts to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts and then he began to prove why by comparing tongues against prophesy because tongues is not a stand alone gift for why prophesy is the one to seek after.

Women are commanded from the Lord to be silent in church and not to speak or teach in the assembly because men got in trouble for hearkening unto the woman and not unto the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Men are to be submissive to the Lord for that reason for why the Holy Spirit would not manifest the gift of tongues in women in the assembly; that would be as God breaking His own commandment and causing women to sin. Since He will not do that, this can be another line of discernment in testing the spirits and the tongue they bring.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

For all the zealousness for tongues which is supposed to be for edification through His words by interpretation, prophesy is the least sought gift.

And the irony is nobody is noticing that tongue is coming by apostasy by having a spirit coming over them later in life as a saved believer which is not the Holy Spirit for why that tongue is not really of Him at all.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, sorry Enow, but I didn't read all your posts in this thread, so I didn't know that you were requesting this.

Feel free to share how you do tongues for why I was asking those questions.

LOL!!! If you think that Paul is saying women are not allowed to utter a word in a church service, then how do you explain what Paul said to the Corinthian church in 1 Cor. 11:5? "But every woman who has her head uncovered while praying or prophesying disgraces her head, for she is one and the same as the woman whose head is shaved."

I understand your reluctance to apply what Paul was saying as a commandment from the Lord but 1 Corinthians 11 th chapter is about individual believers in their lives as they pray and prophesy as women are allowed to prophesy from their homes and in outreach ministry. There are several examples of this in scripture but not for praying or speaking in church as stated clearly below in regards to authority even in that chapter.

1 Corinthians 11:2 Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. 35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? 37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.

1 Timothy 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Anyway, it is because Adam hearkened unto Eve instead of the Lord is why men are to be submissive to the Lord and women are to be submissive to the men in being submissive to the Lord. That is why the established authority is given.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

I agree with you about the need to test the spirits--ALWAYS!

I do hope in the Lord that He may prune fruitful disciples so they can bear more fruits.

1 Corinthians 15:1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Thank you for sharing in outreach ministry in this forum..

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems we do. The author had written the book having done research in modern times after Joseph Smith had died. Even though Joseph Smith acknowledged that there were Mormons doing fake tongues, and gave instructions not to do that, somehow today, that researcher came across some Mormons doing otherwise.
Some individuals doing things doing things that way (a way contrary to the central teaching and main way) doesn't equate to making a blanket statement about everyone.
So you may not be among them, but I find it odd that the Mormon churches that do are not making it a point to go after other Mormon churches that don't do tongues the right way.
Do you want a grand inquisition of every possible individual in every possible aspect of faith???

Personally, I find it more practical to simply teach correctly, along with every other part of the Gospel.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he did. In the context of those three gifts, there is only one reasonable explanation -- the completion of Scripture. And had the KJV translators used the word "complete" (which is totally legitimate) we would not even be having this discussion. Also, he mentioned only three gifts (out of about 20), which is further proof that it is Scripture.

New International Version
but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.
International Standard Version
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.
New Heart English Bible
but when that which is complete has come, that which is partial will be done away with.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will no longer be used.
World English Bible
but when that which is complete has come, then that which is partial will be done away with.

People try to apply this to Christ or meeting with Christ, which would be absurd. If all the gifts has been mentioned that could have been a possiblity. But not is this context.

The fact that most tongues have been gained by feeling a spirit come over them later in life as a saved believer is why there are no interpretation coming with that tongue because it is not a foreign language at all.

And nothing has been given that wasn't already in scripture nor has there ever been any addition to the scripture for why God is settled with the scripture we have for our use for why I have come to rely on the KJV for the meat of His words to discern good & evil by it.

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some individuals doing things doing things that way (a way contrary to the central teaching and main way) doesn't equate to making a blanket statement about everyone.

If Joseph Smith says beware fake tongues and tongues of the devil and teach the correct use of tongues, then it has to be applied to all Mormons. And since that researcher did it in the last decade .. what does that tells Mormons? To investigate which church is not doing it right or ignore their own?

Do you want a grand inquisition of every possible individual in every possible aspect of faith???

The apostle John's warning is applicable to everyone to not believe every spirit but test them.

Personally, I find it more practical to simply teach correctly, along with every other part of the Gospel.

If Joseph Smith did otherwise in correcting fake tongues and to warn others of the devil's tongue, so should his followers too. Where are the elders? But I say this about every denomination; not just Mormons as the warning applies to everyone including you & me.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Joseph Smith says beware fake tongues and tongues of the devil and teach the correct use of tongues, then it has to be applied to all Mormons. And since that researcher did it in the last decade .. what does that tells Mormons? To investigate which church is not doing it right or ignore their own?

The apostle John's warning is applicable to everyone to not believe every spirit but test them.

If Joseph Smith did otherwise in correcting fake tongues and to warn others of the devil's tongue, so should his followers too. Where are the elders? But I say this about every denomination; not just Mormons as the warning applies to everyone including you & me.
Enow, I'm not following your logic/point here.

People are sinners. Every single one. Their sin may not be misunderstanding the gift of tongues, but each person has something (usually many) things they do/understand wrong. Shall we burn down all churches and all other places where humans are because they are inhabited by sinners getting something wrong?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, it is because Adam hearkened unto Eve instead of the Lord is why men are to be submissive to the Lord and women are to be submissive to the men in being submissive to the Lord. That is why the established authority is given.

Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

You'll notice the specific language in this verse--that WIVES are to submit to their HUSBANDS. I don't believe Paul was saying that all "women are to be submissive to the men" as you have alleged. Anyway, good luck with that!

Reactions: Willie T

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Enow, I'm not following your logic/point here.

People are sinners. Every single one. Their sin may not be misunderstanding the gift of tongues, but each person has something (usually many) things they do/understand wrong. Shall we burn down all churches and all other places where humans are because they are inhabited by sinners getting something wrong?

I don't believe burning churches down for misusing tongues has been taught in the Bible at all. Or for any iniquity for that matter.

It is all bout correcting one another in love so that they may grow in fellowship with the Father & the Son by walking in the light as He did. There can be no darkness in our walk with Him. No believer should believe the lie that tongues can be for private use. They should not believe that spirit that came over them later in life as a saved believer was the Holy Spirit that brought that tongue when the real indwelling Holy Spirit has been in them since salvation at the calling of the gospel when they had believed in Him and been saved.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

That applies to everyone, the Pope, John Calvin, Luther, Billy Graham, and even Joseph Smith. We are called to be followers of Jesus Christ, rather than of men.

1 Corinthians 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. 12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. 13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? 5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? 6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

2 Corinthians 4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

To be His disciple is to abide in His words and by testifying of Him in seeking His glory is how we serve Him as His disciples and not a church.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him. 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Romans 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. 10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

Something to pray about, sister. Hope you have a nice day.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll notice the specific language in this verse--that WIVES are to submit to their HUSBANDS. I don't believe Paul was saying that all "women are to be submissive to the men" as you have alleged. Anyway, good luck with that!

The allege was in referring to the mature men as disciples in the body of believers which other men under their charge are to listen to also. When they are being submissive to the Word of God, then there should be no abuse, even though there has been only because they were not being submissive to Him then. BUT that makes them held accountable by the word of God when they do so either they repent or the church can excommunicate them to lead them to repentance.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe burning churches down for misusing tongues has been taught in the Bible at all. Or for any iniquity for that matter.

It is all bout correcting one another in love so that they may grow in fellowship with the Father & the Son by walking in the light as He did. There can be no darkness in our walk with Him. No believer should believe the lie that tongues can be for private use. They should not believe that spirit that came over them later in life as a saved believer was the Holy Spirit that brought that tongue when the real indwelling Holy Spirit has been in them since salvation at the calling of the gospel when they had believed in Him and been saved.

1 John 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Good post.

Might I ask the why behind your hyper focus on this misunderstanding more than others?

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post.

Might I ask the why behind your hyper focus on this misunderstanding more than others?

I believe the apostasy of seeking to receive spirits after a sign is the falling away from the faith where many will happen in droves before the Bridegroom comes because they will be out to the market place seeking to be filled and not ready as Spirit-filled believers since salvation to be taken Home.

This apostasy is linked to the holy laughter movement, Pensacola Outpouring, Toronto's Blessings, Ernest Angeleys' healing Crusade, and all kinds of signs and wonders in these latter days for why faith is so hard to find.

I believe when the focus is on the Holy Spirit in worship or in prayer is why these things can happen to a believer when the real indwelling Holy Spirit would always point to the Son, the Bridegroom, in coming to God the Father by for anything in fellowship, prayer, and worship. That is why Jesus warned about this iniquity for why many will be left behind.

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity. 28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

So ask Jesus for help to keep your eyes only on Him for living that reconciled relationship with God thru Jesus Christ because the Bridegroom will be coming soon for the abiding bride of Christ.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe the apostasy of seeking to receive spirits after a sign is the falling away from the faith where many will happen in droves before the Bridegroom comes because they will be out to the market place seeking to be filled and not ready as Spirit-filled believers since salvation to be taken Home.\
But much more so than every other sin / misunderstanding that people have?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But much more so than every other sin / misunderstanding that people have?

The warnings of Matthew 7:13-27 & Luke 13:24-30 from Jesus centers on the deception coming within the body of Christ for how many will not be ready in the latter days when the Bridegroom comes. I believe it started with the modified Nicene creed of 381 A.D. that introduced the iniquity of worshiping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son. Yes, the Holy Spirit is God and of the Triune God, but the will of the Father in calling sinners away from their spirits and their tongues and their focus on spirits visitations with signs and wonders is to come to the Son in coming to God the Father for anything in fellowship, prayer, and worship ( John 14:6 ) and it is by honoring only the Son in all things if we wish to honor the Father. John 5:22-23

As for our personal walk with Him, yes, that counts too, but those warnings are to wake up individual believers in discerning to abstain from that iniquity when the church goes astray. The mentality in Matthew 7:13-14 is following the crowd as in the church without proving everything from the Lord individually themselves since we are to trust Jesus Christ as our Personal Good Shepherd and not the church as if they can do no wrong in blindly following the church.