Personal Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
apparently you have not studied Mormonism.
Haha, you're hilarious. (Psst-- I've studied and attended the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for +30 years. When was the last time you even stepped foot in such a church?)
The father is the son of and other god and his wife in another creation. Jesus and Satan are his sons, born of sex with his wife.

Humans can work their way up to godhood, just as the father did.

This all came out of the other books that are equal to the bible. So will bible does not stand alone. It is part of a library.

Trying to explain it away and all you want, but they are a call. As is Catholicism.
Clearly all the "research" you've done on is poppycock you got from reading a "anti-cult" book. Not worth my time addressing.

PS: When was the last time you attended Catholic Mass? Your research on them is equally poor. I attended services there off and on for 10+ years. Along with many other churches.

We may not all agree on every theological point-- in fact we may passionately disagree on some of them. But let us always be factual about things-- we don't need to lie about what the "bad guys" believe to prove Truth.

Reactions: amadeus

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Haha, you're hilarious. (Psst-- I've studied and attended the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for +30 years. When was the last time you even stepped foot in such a church?)

Clearly all the "research" you've done on is poppycock you got from reading a "anti-cult" book. Not worth my time addressing.

PS: When was the last time you attended Catholic Mass? Your research on them is equally poor. I attended services there off and on for 10+ years. Along with many other churches.

We may not all agree on every theological point-- in fact we may passionately disagree on some of them. But let us always be factual about things-- we don't need to lie about what the "bad guys" believe to prove Truth.

I think the problem is a lot of the more controversial teachings are only made available to temple Mormons, which you were not.

Twelve Beliefs the Mormon Church Might Not Want You to Know About

As for Catholicism, so much has been posted on them already, how you can defend their beliefs is beyond me.

Reactions: prashanthd

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the problem is a lot of the more controversial teachings are only made available to temple Mormons, which you were not.

And do you care that this post has tons of false information, down to the title?
As for Catholicism, so much has been posted on them already, how you can defend their beliefs is beyond me.
I'm not "defending" anything. In fact, there's a lot of Catholicism I passionately disagree with. But that doesn't mean I should lie about what it is they believe.

And you didn't answer my question: when was the last time you even stepped foot into a Catholic Church or a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read this early and didn't respond. Now its 8 pages long and I don't have the patience to weed ot all out.

Aspen, I am not going to ask you if tou believe you've received such. I can't even answer if I have received a personal revelation, but I suspect I have. I have never seen a 9 foot tall angel with wings who calked me by name. But I can't discount that certain thoughts, situations and people weren't put in my presence for a reason. Does that count? Does it count that I turned diwn or lost jobs that eventually landed me with my wife and us both in the Church we currenty attend? God nor an angel never told me, "hey... You are going to lose this job because I got something better for you over here!"

I understamd that now and if I lose another job... I know whats up!"

But yes, I know God has visited me and has moved my life. I know he has ordered my footsteps. It has veen revealed to me. And I never saw an angel or God's butt. (Don't get offended folks... I got scripture on that... Moses saw the hinder parts of God).

But if you did, praise God! Yes, tey the spirit. Read the Bible! If this spirit doesn't contradict it.... Good. There is ine key thing you should look for. Did he come in the name of Jesus?

I would look for that specifically. They won't come in the name of the Father or the Holy Ghost. They will say they come under the authority of Jesus Christ.

Aspen... You are a good man. As it pertains to people, and there are no good but one... Who is God. But don't let any flesh man bring you down.

FHII

I respect your posts more than any other - cannot wait to meet you in paradise. In the meantime. I believe your account. Fantastic! Godly! Experimential! It happenned - it is real.

This life has confused me so far......Tried marriage....she was homosexual......tried getting over addiction...to be determined.

FHII always stuck with me - thank you

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
FHII

I respect your posts more than any other - cannot wait to meet you in paradise. In the meantime. I believe your account. Fantastic! Godly! Experimential! It happenned - it is real.

This life has confused me so far......Tried marriage....she was homosexual......tried getting over addiction...to be determined.

FHII always stuck with me - thank you

You have many who are "in your corner" and will stick with you through the think...and also through the thin. :)

We ignore those who don't. lol

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That but

Joel is future, prophecy, not now.

Gifts of the spirit are real, but not as many defined.

You can only be born again be the Holy Spirit.

But you also need the scriptures. It is not one or the other, it is both.
LOL, read the bible. Peter announced the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy beginning at the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:16

And if you will not confess your error and campaign against the truth to those here, at least do so with God...for it is His truth that you have so vehemently misrepresented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and Episkopos

prashanthd

Aug 16, 2013
Hyderabad, India
Faith
Christian
Country
India
Proverbs 14
15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them,Take heed that no man deceive you.

You must then suppose yourself to be an agnostic in this area.
You ask me to suppose as what? Is this the way you understand other's posts?

You can't prove anything either way.
Really? Were you searching for someone inside me who would prove something to you with a miracle?

So then humility would say..."I have not yet experienced this myself."
There is no reason to disbelieve the biblical accounts are for us today...based on a lack of personal experience.
I thought you fell short of going personal, leaving the debate aside. It looks like you actually did.
You speak about experience? I've known people who use such tactics. Are you using these words to run an experiment and expect that I would convince you of my personal experience as a result? There are better ways to communicate in a debate when it is the first time you are addressing a member? If you can throw away basic courtesies so can every other member! What do you know about me ? huh

In case I think the experiences I already had with God weren't enough I would pray to God for more. And I would pray for real ones and not what fools exhibit trying to convince others.
In case you don't understand what members here write in their posts, try reading them again. Looking forward not to debate with you again!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Proverbs 14
15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said unto them,Take heed that no man deceive you.

You ask me to suppose as what? Is this the way you understand other's posts?

Really? Were you searching for someone inside me who would prove something to you with a miracle?

I thought you fell short of going personal, leaving the debate aside. It looks like you actually did.
You speak about experience? I've known people who use such tactics. Are you using these words to run an experiment and expect that I would convince you of my personal experience as a result? There are better ways to communicate in a debate when it is the first time you are addressing a member? If you can throw away basic courtesies so can every other member! What do you know about me ? huh

In case I think the experiences I already had with God weren't enough I would pray to God for more. And I would pray for real ones and not what fools exhibit trying to convince others.
In case you don't understand what members here write in their posts, try reading them again. Looking forward not to debate with you again!

I am trying to reach the inner man...not the rebellious outer man.

I don't pick on the outer natural man unless he tries to teach something as if the truth resided there. The inevitable result is to get the flesh into a big snit.

The alternative is worse...to let the natural man dictate the truth.

If you get to know yourself you will see that I am not being personal. The carnal man is something that all men need to deal with at the cross.

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
No, what reduces the number of miracles is apostasy and as every poll shows fewer and fewer people even claimed to be Christian. And of those that do most are not.
Maybe these heritics should be burned alive, kill a few as an example and that should scare the rest in line.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And do you care that this post has tons of false information, down to the title?

I'm not "defending" anything. In fact, there's a lot of Catholicism I passionately disagree with. But that doesn't mean I should lie about what it is they believe.

And you didn't answer my question: when was the last time you even stepped foot into a Catholic Church or a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?
Mormonism - Wikipedia

Top 10 Bizarre Mormon Beliefs - Listverse

The 8 Beliefs You Should Know about Mormons When They Knock at the Door

Mormon Beliefs, are they Christian? | CARM.org

Top 10 Bizarre and Crazy Mormon Beliefs

Ex-Mormon Testimonies

Recovery from Mormonism - the Mormon Church

Stories of Former Mormons

There's a lot more sites

And yes I have experience with Mormons and Catholics.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, read the bible. Peter announced the fulfillment Joel's prophecy beginning at the day of Pentecost. Acts 2:16

And if you will not confess your error and campaign against the truth to those here, at least do so with God...for it is His truth that you have so vehemently misrepresented.

No Peter didn't. The prophecies of Joel are not fulfilled. You're obsessed with tongues,etc, to the exclusion of the other prophecies.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, do you care that a lot of these sites are completely full of false info?

And yes I have experience with Mormons and Catholics.
And again you didn't answer my question: when was the last time you even stepped foot into a Catholic Church or a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints?

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was really an informative statement.
@CoreIssue, you urged me to "take the blinders" off. Well, I've read all of Walter Martian's book, seem all those ideas many times, AND actually attended services at these various churches AND actually read/studied their religious materials in full. I"m not a blind sheep to just parrot what other people say.

Please come back to me once you have done the same and your blinders are off.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a disciple of Walter Martian. A man who literally made his living lying constantly about what other people believe and spreading that poison throughout Christiandom. And you're on here you're repeating all those these lies and others.

@CoreIssue, you urged me to "take the blinders" off. Well, I've read all of Walter Martian's book, seem all those ideas many times, AND actually attended services at these various churches AND actually read/studied their religious materials in full. I"m not a blind sheep to just parrot what other people say.

I guess you don't like John Ankerberg either.

To be honest, I'm skeptical of your claim to be 110 years old.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you don't like John Ankerberg either.
Again---