Personal Sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Character deficits in others are warning signs of our own sin. In fact, every time we see sin in others God is speaking to us about areas we need to make changes in our relationship with Him, others, and with ourselves. Therefore, to all those of us running around ringing the bullshit bell every time we get a whiff of sin in our neighbor and patting ourselves on the back for reporting it, take heed - you have failed. I am looking at you, Christian; I am looking at you atheist; I am looking myself in the eye and making changes to the only person I have the power to change

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard this before but I like it at first glance

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Character deficits in others are warning signs of our own sin. In fact, every time we see sin in others God is speaking to us about areas we need to make changes in our relationship with Him, others, and with ourselves. Therefore, to all those of us running around ringing the bullshit bell every time we get a whiff of sin in our neighbor and patting ourselves on the back for reporting it, take heed - you have failed. I am looking at you, Christian; I am looking at you atheist; I am looking myself in the eye and making changes to the only person I have the power to change

Well then, I guess everyone should just keep their mouth shut. And not say anything. Is that what you want? If you don't know what you believe, and when to speak up, then it is best to be silent. But silence is not the way. Learn, grow, and speak up. Or just be silent and let the whole thing go to hell.

Stranger

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well then, I guess everyone should just keep their mouth shut. And not say anything. Is that what you want? If you don't know what you believe, and when to speak up, then it is best to be silent. But silence is not the way. Learn, grow, and speak up. Or just be silent and let the whole thing go to hell.

Stranger

Thinking you have the power to stop anything from going to Hell is misguided

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the BS word and got away with it! LOL!

My Pastor is one who will rebuke and hammer down when needed. He always reminds us to "stack it up against ourselves".

We all sin, we all mess up and no one is doing it right except by faith. No one needs to be looked down upon. If someone is rebuked in any way, leatn from it, don't make the same mistake if possible and don't look down on the person.

Reactions: Helen and aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said the BS word and got away with it! LOL!

My Pastor is one who will rebuke and hammer down when needed. He always reminds us to "stack it up against ourselves".

We all sin, we all mess up and no one is doing it right except by faith. No one needs to be looked down upon. If someone is rebuked in any way, leatn from it, don't make the same mistake if possible and don't look down on the person.

Ha

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Excellent Opening Post. Amen! It reminded me of the scriptures that say in Matthew 7
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

As you say..Aspen, those scriptures sound very much as if our brethren and sisteren reflect own own weaknesses.....and that's why we 'recognize' them so easily in others !!! Thanks for the reminder..I constantly need reminding of these things. ✟
When we finally come to the place where our constant focus is always on the Father...then we will start to reflect Him and not so much each other!! :)

I often 'say and pray' that verse from Psalm 16 " I have set the LORD always before my face: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent Opening Post. Amen! It reminded me of the scriptures that say in Matthew 7
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

As you say..Aspen, those scriptures sound very much as if our brethren and sisteren reflect own own weaknesses.....and that's why we 'recognize' them so easily in others !!! Thanks for the reminder..I constantly need reminding of these things. ✟
When we finally come to the place where our constant focus is always on the Father...then we will start to reflect Him and not so much each other!! :)

I often 'say and pray' that verse from Psalm 16 " I have set the LORD always before my face: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved."

Ah yes, the beam in the believers eye.

Pay attention. See vs. 5 which you and others ignore. "then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brothers eye."

Oh, but all believers see is the mote in their eye. So, they must just shut up. Say nothing. Because they have a mote in their eye. They forget it is for the purpose of casting out the mote in the brothers eye. In other words, the brothers have a mote in their eye.

What does (Ps. 16) have to do with (Matt. 7)

Stranger

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does (Ps. 16) have to do with (Matt. 7)

Stranger

I thought it was clear, but maybe I didn't say what I thought I was saying....which was....when we come to the place of "beholding" the Lord at all times...we will no longer get sidetracked or bothered by what our brother is doing or not doing ,rightly or wrongly, " in our eyes."

Reactions: bbyrd009

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change can only occur with Gods help within ourselves. Our neighbor, following the same methodology will eventually recognize his own issues, as reveal by God, and hopefully, make changes.

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thinking you have the power to stop anything from going to Hell is misguided

James 5
19 Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back,
20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Change can only occur with Gods help within ourselves. Our neighbor, following the same methodology will eventually recognize his own issues, as reveal by God, and hopefully, make changes.

Maybe God wants you to remove the beam in the brothers eye. Maybe you just want to do nothing when God wants you to do something.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
In other words, the brothers have a mote in their eye.
more likely once the beam is removed it might be realized that the mote was a part of the beam, or something similar. I doubt the intent is to ultimately become so pure that you can go around removing motes. What is likely being said here is "once you figure this out, you will no longer do that."

Reactions: Helen and aspen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I thought it was clear, but maybe I didn't say what I thought I was saying....which was....when we come to the place of "beholding" the Lord at all times...we will no longer get sidetracked or bothered by what our brother is doing or not doing ,rightly or wrongly, " in our eyes."
ya, that!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Maybe God wants you to remove the beam in the brothers eye. Maybe you just want to do nothing when God wants you to do something.

Stranger
isn't it usually that we are persuaded to do something, make a comment maybe, when doing nothing--other than leading by example--is likely better? After all, how well do you receive correction from others? Doesn't it come across as judgement, even after you have heard it from several people?

It is seeking an enemy without imo, when the enemy is within.
It's also a great way to seek worship, the commendation of other men.

Reactions: Helen