Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @VictoryinJesus Did you see the recent poll, above? I think there is a fairly comprehensive range of poll response options (if you can think of any more good poll response options, do let me know.........)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I voted "I Don't Know"

I don't see getting a tattoo as a biggie, I'm not old testament legalistic on the issue of marking the body
@Truth7t7 Thanks for your poll participation and comment.

I think it's kind of inevitable that ppl are going to have a whole variety of views on this sort of subject; hence the interesting in the poll and such a thread, I suppose...

Cachalot says she doesn't think they are lady-like:

Cachalot said:
Tattoos are unlady-like. That is why I would never have one.

While Rita said it made her feel good, and having it done was a testimony encouragement:

I felt good about it. ....I made the decision with a mature head on my shoulders.
..shortly after getting my tattoo done .. the dentist ask me about it - it opened up a conversation that would not have come about at all..I honestly felt OK about getting the tattoo in the first place.( I had weighed everything up , talked to my pastor, reflected on scripture ) The conversation surprised me, and it did serve as an encouragment at the time. I have had quite a few conversations at work when people notice it.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@BeyondET So did you ever visit a local parlor and see some of the amazing artwork in the portfolios that can be looked at without obligation?
Nay I've never been in one, I'm not into body art. It doesn't phase me a bit though if other people like them, I know alot of people with them.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
O yea my mother has one lol.
@BeyondET Yes, well, it's something that quite a lot of senior ladies have been choosing to acquire.

So was your mother's acquired in more recent years, maybe? and faith based in design?

I've noted that in the 19th century it was actually something that was regarded as rather lady-like and classy to do (so your dear mother from that perspective would have been in good company, I guess...):

"Surprisingly, one of the major resurgences of interest in tattoos in Europe occurred among 19th century high society Victorian women (as well as men), after British explorers .. brought back the practice to Britain. .. grew during the 19th century, and even Winston Churchill’s mother had a tattoo .. on her wrist. Queen Victoria was also believed to have had a tattoo of a Bengal tiger.. . From Victorian Europe...to America. In 1897, (art critic, Margot) Miffin says that an estimated 75% of American society women were tattooed.."

(Black Fire: Women, Tattoos, and the Transformative Power of Body Art )

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7 Thanks for your poll participation and comment.

I think it's kind of inevitable that ppl are going to have a whole variety of views on this sort of subject; hence the interesting in the poll and such a thread, I suppose...

Cachalot says she doesn't think they are lady-like:

Cachalot said:

While Rita said it made her feel good, and having it done was a testimony encouragement:
I've seen some pretty amazing portraits of loved ones in tattoo form, hard to believe

I have many fishing friends that are junk yard dogs, the marine life in ink form is amazing to

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've seen some pretty amazing portraits of loved ones in tattoo form, hard to believe

I have many fishing friends that are junk yard dogs, the marine life in ink form is amazing to
@Truth7t7 The sheer standard of tattoo artwork is improving all the time.

Seems like most of your friends - and even family? - with tattoos are men.

In recent years it's been a feature for a majority of clients at tattoo parlors in North America to be female. A lot of their artwork would be faith based in inspirtation.

Reactions: Truth7t7

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
O yea my mother has one lol.
PS: @BeyondET It's actually become quite a trend that your mother has apparently participated in, in her senior years; FYI:

shnarkle said:

One of the churches I go to has three quite elderly women, all widows, who recently went out and got themselves tattoos. .. There was no doubt they were all first tattoos. All three of them went out and got them together.