Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow lol... now that's alot. :)
Image freind, brother in Christ being the oldest of the funny farm. I say farm because we lived in a converted Barn. The older Chrildren put one foot of straw for insulation behind plywood and 2"x4"s. We took the highest floor and kept track of the female's peroids to know who to avoid. We also, encouraged all the younger ones to go to them. We had an outside enclosed latter to escape on all sides before we were caught. We also, put in and enclosed deck on top of the Barn for escape because we knew none of the mothers would go up there. My sister Terry was the second oldest, boy did we get into a lot of trouble together. One time we were all skinnydipping in the River that leads to Lake Erie. Someone stoe our clothes. When we found out who it was. I slipped out at night and moved their outhouse back three feet. Their Dad was going out with a flashlight looking at an Modern Man Centerfold. He fell into the hole. We dropped their latter into the hole and ran home. He came to our front door, by then we were in out rooms. One of the Moms told him we were in out Beds. Next Morning it was Sunday and we found all our clothes soaked in you know. We wash them in the River. At School Monday we all terrorized their Children, but did not lay a hand on them. When we called to the Office as a group the Principal had us going into a meeting room and laughed like crazy because She had already heard what they did. We learned later that the Centerfold was one of our Teachers' Assistent. We promised her if we ever came accross that magazine, we will burn it.

Reactions: BeyondET

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My Dad had 17 wives, sleep around and did wife swapping. Each child ended up living with us.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is one my daughter for today for a birthday present to herself.

Attachments

• 0D0624BD-0C77-4CC8-B479-FC02C1597189.png
    0D0624BD-0C77-4CC8-B479-FC02C1597189.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Reactions: The Learner

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Prim Thanks for voting in the poll.

I guess tattoos are a bit like earrings, and more specifically like double piercings 40 years ago: maybe at first they were considered a bit edgy, fashion-wise, but they are done now so widely, confidently and naturally, it seems.

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prim Thanks for voting in the poll.

I guess tattoos are a bit like earrings, and more specifically like double piercings 40 years ago: maybe at first they were considered a bit edgy, fashion-wise, but they are done now so widely, confidently and naturally, it seems.
Farouk not so sure about tattoos being like earrings. I’m able to take my earrings off and on when I please. Maybe more variety with the earrings one chooses

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Farouk not so sure about tattoos being like earrings. I’m able to take my earrings off and on when I please. Maybe more variety with the earrings one chooses
@Prim
I guess the comparison with tattoos was a more general one; yes, there are differences with earrings.

Seems like you appreciate being able to put in various varieties of earrings, in turn? And of course there is a big variety, from tiny studs to hoops small or large to pendants up to the shoulder hugger size. (These options in turn, if there is one pair of holes; one each side, although the widespread custom of having 2 or more holes each side means that, e.g., both a pair of pendants and a pair of studs can be worn simultaneously. This custom is very widespread in North America; perhaps in Australia also...) I see that Zion in Ezekiel 16.12 was given earrings by the Lord Himself; all part of a picture of imputed righteousness.

etsy dot com

etsy dot com

Maybe you prefer one of these styles over the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure, the pain can be minimal and subside relatively quickly and the ink can be symbols rather than letter characters and words...
@Taken Yes, well, anyway for some ppl it does seem to offer through minimal pain the opportunity for an abiding faith reference...

styleholic dot com

Seems like it is a most definite preferred option, deliberately planned and chosen - at minimal pain and cost - for many conservative ppl:

HeatherA said:
I do have a cross tattoo. ...among other stuff Reno also has a lot of tattoo places. Carson City has a few. Most people travel to Reno or Las Vegas for it.
I have 1 tattoo and I got it in Reno. .. I waited 5 years before getting it.

greenvneck said:
I would be hard-pressed to come up with more than a handful of names of my friends who DON'T have at least one tattoo--and we are all suburban homeschooling moms, ages ranging from early-30s to mid-50s, living in conservative North Texas.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

Prim

Sep 13, 2022
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Prim
I guess the comparison with tattoos was a more general one; yes, there are differences with earrings.

Seems like you appreciate being able to put in various varieties of earrings, in turn? And of course there is a big variety, from tiny studs to hoops small or large to pendants up to the shoulder hugger size. (These options in turn, if there is one pair of holes; one each side, although the widespread custom of having 2 or more holes each side means that, e.g., both a pair of pendants and a pair of studs can be worn simultaneously. This custom is very widespread in North America; perhaps in Australia also...) I see that Zion in Ezekiel 16.12 was given earrings by the Lord Himself; all part of a picture of imputed righteousness.

etsy dot com

etsy dot com

Maybe you prefer one of these styles over the other.
Yes that’s right: earrings I do like very much. And also why earnings and tattoos are not similar. Tattoos are a rather more permanent fixture. I can slip in and out of my earring any time I like and choose whatever I like . You be a ear nibbler I think : )

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes that’s right: earrings I do like very much. And also why earnings and tattoos are not similar. Tattoos are a rather more permanent fixture. I can slip in and out of my earring any time I like and choose whatever I like ...

@Prim

Seems like earrings of various varieties have definitely become integral to your developed sense of personal style; so as regards those tiny stud versus the long ones shown in the previous post, I guess you would also have come round to a definite sense of preference.

Sometimes earrings and tattoos can become complementary to each other:

fbs.jpg

l.jpg
tattoofilter dot com

( cc. @Mantis)

Last edited:
Reactions: Prim