Poll: Tattoo artist: if a Christian daughter/son of yours worked as one, would you be supportive?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Poll: Tattoo artist: if a daughter/son of yours worked as a tattoo artist, would you be supportive?

• I would only really know what I think if I found myself in the situation described

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn’t. My mind has been so preoccupied. Definitely support whatever my daughter decides because this is her journey. Right now she is working at a nail salon where she paints impressions designs for her clients. She loves it so far….always incorporating art in anything she does.

Hi @VictoryinJesus

I hope you will soon have peace of mind; John 14.27.

Sounds like your daughter is very artistic - like her mother, of course.

Thanks also for your poll vote participation.

In the Bible Belt it seems to be at least anecdotally that many Godly women get tattooed confidently (often in faith based designs):

Around here (Bible Belt), it is common, especially among evangelical Christians, for the girls under about 40 to have religious tattoos. More do than don't, especially when you get to the under 30 crowd. I hardly know any female at church that is under 30 that does not have a tattoo.
forums dot thewelltrainedmind dot com

In the 19th century, having it done was regarded as a rather lady-like, classy thing to do:
one of the major resurgences of interest in tattoos in Europe occurred among 19th century high society Victorian women (as well as men), after British explorers .. brought back the practice to Britain. .. grew during the 19th century, and even Winston Churchill’s mother had a tattoo .. on her wrist. Queen Victoria was also believed to have had a tattoo of a Bengal tiger.. . From Victorian Europe...to America. In 1897, (art critic, Margot) Miffin says that an estimated 75% of American society women were tattooed..
(Black Fire: Women, Tattoos, and the Transformative Power of Body Art )

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I know i have seen alot crosses faith base tattoos etc. But that to me seems a bit odd. Maybe I'm just old school I don't know hehe..
@BeyondET Some ppl would say it can be done quite wholesomely and discreetly:

069e95d3dbbbf0a6429a252e115564d2.jpg
pinterest

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Sometimes it's not even necessary to think about the spelling.......

(and it need not involve a lot of ouchie, either.....)

Sure, the pain can be minimal and subside relatively quickly and the ink can be symbols rather than letter characters and words...
Yet the INK is permanent.

I know some people LIKE “art work” on their skin for a plethora of reasons. I think long before INK tattooing, men marked their skin with temporary paints, coals, etc. AND cuttings to cause permanent SCAR “art works” designs.

Reactions: The Learner

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Sure, the pain can be minimal and subside relatively quickly and the ink can be symbols rather than letter characters and words...

@Taken

@Acolyte said:

My son had 7 or 8 tattoos before I even thought about it. ... Those who get scripture must be overjoyed. The money and pain are outweighed by the message they witness to... No more ink for me. ... I do think they are fine for whoever wants one

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@farouk you never answered my question.
No I'm not, but it's certainly a topical subject.

FYI:

FHII said:
Probably 75% of the congregation have tattoos, including myself and the Pastor ..
I have a tattoo, I am not ashamed of it, but it has no bearing on my salvation. ..I also agree that it makes a statement of freedom in Christ. .. We got a lot of folks inked in our Church. Myself, the Pastor, his daughter and grand daughter included. Now, even my wife

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@The Learner You mean, you read the entire thread?
I read it in Hebrew (both testaments), Greek(both testaments), Latin(both testaments), Yiddish(both testaments) and English(both testaments), In Hebrew, I have most of the NT Menorized. Grow up brother, friend and smell the roses.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
...that was part of being in the military. Got to get your tattoo if you're a real man.

PS: @Heart2Soul

Already commented on what you said, but to add also:

When it comes to the "if your're a real man" (AND "if you're a real woman") aspect which you raised about ppl in the military, this is certainly the longstanding perception as regards tattoos and the military.

Although regarding the "if you're a real woman" aspect which would indeed apply to women in the military, I don't think it's just "strong military woman" types who get tattooed as a matter of "authenticity".

It would seem that there are really plenty of non-military women for whom getting tattooed may actually be - far from an expression of being a "strong military woman" type, a highly sought after expression of femininity.

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg

It may be that these women might not be "strong military types" at all. But they might well see seeking and undergoing the really authentic experience as a strong way of expressing femininity (if this makes any sense?)

So I basically agree with your perception in what you said, but there is also this perspective, I think.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS: @Heart2Soul

Already commented on what you said, but to add also:

When it comes to the "if your're a real man" (AND "if you're a real woman") aspect which you raised about ppl in the military, this is certainly the longstanding perception as regards tattoos and the military.

Although regarding the "if you're a real woman" aspect which would indeed apply to women in the military, I don't think it's just "strong military woman" types who get tattooed as a matter of "authenticity".

It would seem that there are really plenty of non-military women for whom getting tattooed may actually be - far from an expression of being a "strong military woman" type, a highly sought after expression of femininity.

aa4a1e4f537f14bc1c9ee64b231e7aa6--psalms--tattoo-fall-tattoo.jpg
tattoo hyphen awe dot blogspot dot

53f6e6a7d22969a8fd8143a478bab21a.jpg

It may be that these women might not be "strong military types" at all. But they might well see seeking and undergoing the really authentic experience as a strong way of expressing femininity (if this makes any sense?)

So I basically agree with your perception in what you said, but there is also this perspective, I think.
Humor: Two soilders were doing hand to hand combat. The one from Israel beat the crap out of the Arab. He started running away. She shoulted out, come back My husband want to beat you up too.