Post your favorite UR verse for inspection

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that "aionios" is defined as "having no end."

Also notice Matt. 25:46 below in the bold. "Aionios" punishment (everlasting punishment) has no end.

Therefore we come to the conclusion that God Is NOT the Saviour of all men in the way you define it!

◄ G166 ►
αἰώνιος

Transliteration
aionios;

Pronunciation
ahee-o'-nee-os

Parts of Speech
adj

Root Word (Etymology)
from 165

Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: TDNT 1:208

KJV Translation Count — 71x
The KJV translates Strongs H1 in the following manner: eternal (42), everlasting (25), the world began 5550 (2), since the world began 5550 (1), for ever (1)

Outline of Biblical Usage
1. without beginning and end, that which always has been and always will be
2. without beginning
3. without end, never to cease, everlasting
For Synonyms see entry 5801

Strong's Definitions
ahee-o'-nee-os; from (165) (αἰών); perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): — eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

Concordance Results Using KJV
Matt 18:8
WhereG166e if thy hand or thy foot offend G166e, cut G166m off, and cast G166m from G166e: it is better G166 G166e to enter into life halt or maimed, raG166r than having two hands or two feet to be cast into G166 fire.

KJV
Matt 19:16
And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have G166 life?

KJV
Matt 19:29
And G166y one that hath G166saken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or faG166r, or moG166r, or wife, or children, or lands, G166 my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit G166 life.

KJV
Matt 25:41
G166n shall he say also unto G166m on G166 left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into G166 fire, prepared G166 G166 devil and his angels:

KJV
Matt 25:46
And G166se shall go away into G166 punishment: but G166 righteous into life G166.

So Greek speaking Christians who interpreted it as "age-long" didn't know what it meant? Did I mention hubris?

Liddell-Scott Greek Lexicon:
Aionios-lasting for an age (aion).
Feel free to look it up. They also state that Plato did use it to mean everlasting, which was an anomaly in ancient Greek literature. Most reserved aidios to convey eternity, e.g. Aristotle.

Why do you think Greek speaking Christians interpreted the adjective for aion as age-long? Well, it's because it's the adjective for the word "age."

The KJV is a horrible translation, by the way. Go back and find the translations for the word "hell" in the KJV. You'll find several words translated "hell" that have nothing to do with ECT.

So now, we have two sources on the table with differing interpretations. What should we do? We should accept that there is disagreement. Again, you haven't shown anything. You've presented sources that are informed by a doctrine.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Greek speaking Christians who interpreted it as "age-long" didn't know what it meant? Did I mention hubris?

Liddell-Scott Greek Lexicon:
Aionios-lasting for an age (aion).
Feel free to look it up. They also state that Plato did use it to mean everlasting, which was an anomaly in ancient Greek literature. Most reserved aidios to convey eternity, e.g. Aristotle.

Why do you think Greek speaking Christians interpreted the adjective for aion as age-long? Well, it's because it's the adjective for the word "age."

The KJV is a horrible translation, by the way. Go back and find the translations for the word "hell" in the KJV. You'll find several words translated "hell" that have nothing to do with ECT.

So now, we have two sources on the table with differing interpretations. What should we do? We should accept that there is disagreement. Again, you haven't shown anything. You've presented sources that are informed by a doctrine.

I didn't point out Matt. 25:41 in that post!

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting (aionios/without end) fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't point out Matt. 25:41 in that post!

"Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting (aionios/without end) fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

You did, but that's okay because you're only going to keep repeating what you want to believe without accepting legitimate disagreement. *sigh*

Enjoy your day.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did, but that's okay because you're only going to keep repeating what you want to believe without accepting legitimate disagreement. *sigh*

Enjoy your day.

I'm believing exactly what the Scripture says, they go to the Lake of Fire and it is without end/never ceasing.

It's right there for you in black and white in Strong's Greek, and you still deny it!

You guys have a serious problem!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is a horrible demise! But you have to be careful with that thought, God knows what He's doing and He doesn't need us with our limited knowledge judging Him!

Then why do you make judgments about God? You are trying to pick out a potential sliver from that poster's eye and you can't see your own error.

You claim it is good and consistent with the scriptures that God imprisons God's own creatures in eternal torment. That is a judgment, a determination regarding God's ultimate actions. In effect, you say this is good, although you don't know how except by divine fiat because you intuitively know it's inconsistent with the divine nature.

If I say God is good and it is consistent with God's nature and the scriptures for God to eventual heal and redeem all that God has made, you say I am standing in judgment of God, as if you are not doing the same.

The only difference between you and I, is that my position is consistent with the God who is love, while yours is not, which is why you just warned that poster to be careful lest he begin to think of God as being consistent with God's own nature. Can't you see?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm starting this thread in order to respond from the Scripture on the UR verses that are believed to be support for the universal salvation of mankind.

Just post the verse and comment on why you believe it supports the UR. I will be happy to respond.

I'm looking for a respectful conversation on this topic without the bitterness that so often accompanies this argument.

This entire matter is evidenced by God dividing the light from the darkness.

In other words, evil is shown as darkness, and darkness synonymous with death--which is not saved, but "destroyed." 1 Corinthians 15:25-26 It is the word "divided" (the light from the darkness) that shows separation rather than salvation. The same principle is repeated in the parable of the wheat and the tares, in which the tares are not saved, but burned.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why do you make judgments about God? You are trying to pick out a potential sliver from that poster's eye and you can't see your own error.

You claim it is good and consistent with the scriptures that God imprisons God's own creatures in eternal torment. That is a judgment, a determination regarding God's ultimate actions. In effect, you say this is good, although you don't know how except by divine fiat because you intuitively know it's inconsistent with the divine nature.

If I say God is good and it is consistent with God's nature and the scriptures for God to eventual heal and redeem all that God has made, you say I am standing in judgment of God, as if you are not doing the same.

The only difference between you and I, is that my position is consistent with the God who is love, while yours is not, which is why you just warned that poster to be careful lest he begin to think of God as being consistent with God's own nature. Can't you see?

You are Judging God! You are demanding that He do something you can't even find in Scripture.

How many times have you guys called God a tyrant for doing what He said He would do?

It doesn't matter whether you like it or not, His wisdom and reasoning are greater that yours!

But yet, you try to make us feel guilty for something you can't even show us from Scripture.

And to top it off, you have been shown from Scripture that "aionois" is never ending!

So don't come to me with this junk, I ain't hearing it!!!!!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Chadrho

Send me another one of your favorite UR verses if want some more lashes across your back!!!

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Chadrho

Send me another one of your favorite UR verses if want some more lashes across your back!!!

Violent imagery? Is this what we have learned in Christ? Don't you see how your conception of God is informing your reaction to me? It's okay because I understand where you are coming from. You can whip me and I'll pray for you because you don't understand what you are doing.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Violent imagery? Is this what we have learned in Christ? Don't you see how your conception of God is informing your reaction to me? It's okay because I understand where you are coming from. You can whip me and I'll pray for you because you don't understand what you are doing.

I'm not playing around with you UR guys! Take it any way you like!

Just send me another verse!

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not playing around with you UR guys! Take it any way you like!

Just send me another verse!

Why? You haven't accomplished anything thus far.

But I will relent since this is your thread and it would not be right for me to continue exacerbating your anger by showing you your errors. May the peace of Christ be yours.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? You haven't accomplished anything thus far.

But I will relent since this is your thread and it would not be right for me to continue exacerbating your anger by showing you your errors. May the peace of Christ be yours.

I'm waiting!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is a horrible demise! But you have to be careful with that thought, God knows what He's doing and He doesn't need us with our limited knowledge judging Him!
Probably better than making decisions and having power compared to human beings. He can make things turn about for his good purposes. So therefore what Charlie may believe could be true or not. If God received pleasure from putting people in literal flames, that would be a shame. Creating them just to put them lake of fire with screaming and squelch. And great scene of brutality of a washing away going in the fire that burns evil and darkness away.