prayer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was wondering about prayer for a trauma event.

The Lord is never to busy to not hear a prayer.
Trauma indicates distress. The Lord is our listener and His Spirit is our comforter, certainly one can pray about a trauma event.

Reactions: dev553344 and tammy

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord is never to busy to not hear a prayer.
Trauma indicates distress. The Lord is our listener and His Spirit is our comforter, certainly one can pray about a trauma event.
thankyou so much

Reactions: Taken

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the summer

Understood. I'm a trained counselor specializing in the immediate aftermath of incident stress. We try to defuse immediately -as soon as possible and debrief within the first 72 hours post event. A lot of those initial feelings can be overwhelming and strange. It's important for folks to understand that they are experiencing normal feelings that have come about as a result of a very abnormal circumstance.

Do you have a network of trusted friends, family or a counselor you can confide in? I'd be careful about opening yourself up to strangers on a Forum such as this.

Reactions: Taken and tammy

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Understood. I'm a trained counselor specializing in the immediate aftermath of incident stress. We try to defuse immediately -as soon as possible and debrief within the first 72 hours post event. A lot of those initial feelings can be overwhelming and strange. It's important for folks to understand that they are experiencing normal feelings that have come about as a result of a very abnormal circumstance.

Do you have a network of trusted friends, family or a counselor you can confide in? I'd be careful about opening yourself up to strangers on a Forum such as this.
Thankyou for this, very informative. I havent spoken much with family as they have their own struggles going on.

tammy

Sep 19, 2022
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I meant to mention that is a beau
Praying about that event!
thankyou so much

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thankyou for this, very informative. I havent spoken much with family as they have their own struggles going on.

I’ll be praying for you as well. Try to connect with someone local who has training and experience- a trusted pastor perhaps or many large churches have trained volunteers you can speak with without incurring cost if that a concern. A Christian counselor, psychologist or therapist would be my go to , if you have the financial resources or perhaps plan coverage.