Pre-Destination Or Free Will ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries @SovereignGrace , I know she didn't like your answer, but I am still waiting for @Nancy to provide answer to this:

Just a quick question here before I have to leave. Do Calvinists think that "receiving" the "free gift" of salvation is works??

And I responded with this:

Please provide Scripture for your argument about persons receiving this free gift, otherwise we will be in an exercise of futility. Let's go off of revealed truth, not presupposed conjecture.

Just waiting for Scripture to validate her question, or, it's an exercise in futility. Why can't we get these to provide a purely biblical question instead of one filled with presuppositions -- with no Scripture?

Still waiting...validate the question biblically.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No worries @SovereignGrace , I know she didn't like your answer, but I am still waiting for @Nancy to provide answer to this:

And I responded with this:

Just waiting for Scripture to validate her question, or, it's an exercise in futility. Why can't we get these to provide a purely biblical question instead of one filled with presuppositions -- with no Scripture?

Still waiting...validate the question biblically.
This coming from the guy refuses to watch and respond to the videos I've been posting other threads.

D

Dave L

But it does not say they could not believe. They chose not to believe.
It does not say that. It merely says they did not believe because Jesus did not die for them.

Also compare with; “For it has been given to you on Christ’s behalf not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him,” (Philippians 1:29)

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not say that. It merely says they did not believe because Jesus did not die for them.

Also compare with; “For it has been given to you on Christ’s behalf not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him,” (Philippians 1:29)
But you're trying to spin it into Calvinism.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flesh cannot discern the true Christ much less desire to repent from the sin it loves.
That's why God made Himself close to us, and reveals Himself, "enlightening every man". All have the opportunity.

Much love!

D

Dave L

That's why God made Himself close to us, and reveals Himself, "enlightening every man". All have the opportunity.

Much love!
Dead folks cannot see God, only an imaginary idol bearing his name.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It certainly does. Try kicking a dead dog and see if it moves.

So then when you are dead, you will have no awareness? No activity? Not your body . . . you. Is that right?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead folks cannot see God, only an imaginary idol bearing his name.

Are you talking about Jesus? Because that's Who I was talking about. The true light coming into the world that enlightens every man.

Much love!