Pre-Trib Rapture Theory is not an option

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:40

Believing in the Pre-Trib rapture theory is not an option for us... It is a command! We must be ready for Christ to come any day! As if it is an imminent thing! Christ then goes on to say that this event will happen as in the days of Lot and the days of Noah!

Unexpected!
No warnings!
As a thief!
In times not looked for!

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
[SIZE=medium]God’s Holy People in the Last Days:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Daniel 8:23-26 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]In the last days, when sin is most prevalent, a powerful leader will arise. He will succeed in whatever he does, and will take control of the mighty nations and God’s holy people. By cunning and deceit, his plans will come about and cause great harm to many when they least expect it. He will challenge even the Prince of Princes, but then will be broken, but not by human hand.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]This prophecy tells of events to happen in the distant future.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Daniel 7:23-25 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The explanation given is: There will be a 4[/SIZE][SIZE=small]th[/SIZE][SIZE=medium] kingdom, one that will encompass the whole earth. Initially ten rulers will govern it, but another leader will take over all this kingdom. He will defy the Most High God and will conquer the holy ones of God. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Revelation 13:7 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]The ‘beast’ is allowed to wage war on God’s people and to defeat them[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]…. Zechariah 14:1-2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Daniel 11:32 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]By plausible promises he will win over those who will violate the Covenant, but some will resolutely keep their faith[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]These Bible prophesies are proof that God’s holy people, His chosen elect people, are on earth. All the true born again believers; the One people of God, Ephesians 4:4-6, not ethnic Jews, Israelites, or Gentiles; but [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]every individual person, from any race, chosen by Jesus and bought by His Blood. [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]John 15:14-16, Revelation 5:9-10[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We Christians are not removed from the earth, as some would like to think, no scripture says that God intends to take living people to heaven. But we will be present in the holy Land during the last few years of this age, as many prophesies attest.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]As we see in Daniel 11:32 and in Zechariah 14:2, we divide into two groups, one remaining in the holy Land and the other goes away.[/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Revelation 12:6-17 again shows these two groups; the faithful ones who refused the peace treaty with the leader of the World Govt, are taken to a place of safety and those who did agree, Isaiah 28:14-15, must remain. Revelation 12:17[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]The fact of all of God’s righteous people living in all of the Holy Land, before the Return of Jesus, is well prophesied in all of the Bible. Many do not see it because of false teachings and not comprehending the truth of how Christians are now to be the recipients of the promises of God, given initially to ethnic Israel, but now available to all true believers. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We Christians look forward to being at last the people God has always wanted in His holy Land. That is our promise and our great privilege; to be alive to participate at this critical period of mankind’s history. [/SIZE] [SIZE=medium]Revelation 7:14[/SIZE]

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
rockytopva said:
Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. - Matthew 24:44
Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not. - Luke 12:40

Believing in the Pre-Trib rapture theory is not an option for us... It is a command! We must be ready for Christ to come any day! As if it is an imminent thing! Christ then goes on to say that this event will happen as in the days of Lot and the days of Noah!

Unexpected!
No warnings!
As a thief!
In times not looked for!

Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. - Revelation 16:15
But this earth is nowhere near the stage of the days of Lot or Noah yet... Those days were really wicked, were way worst than ISIS, way worst than WWI, way worst than WW2, we have not seen anything at that magnitude yet, yes he will come unexpectedly, but the world still has a long way to fall before then, it may not take a long time to get to the days of Noah, but this earth still has a long way to fall, remembering a day can be a thousand years to the Lord, and atheists are still yet to fall for a false messiah and bow down to him, i believe the false messiah is gonna be a supernatural being in a superhuman body, he will have supernatural powers that will even make atheists finally admit that their is a more powerful being and they will fall down and worship something worst than Baal, and Christians will be sacrificed in masses before the "false messiah" not just babies, but adults too, we would probably see a rise in cannibalism too that's the level of wickedness this earth is gonna get to I believe, and all that will be considered mainstream and acceptable in society, before judgement day happens. Because WWII, ISIS, persecuted nations are only a sprinkle of what's gonna happen. I'm sure you would find the days of Noah or Sodom and Gommorah were way worst than what the earth is today. Those days may come back in the next 50 years, the next 100, maybe even the next 1000 years, we do not know how quickly the earth fall down to those days, only God knows. Do not take what i said as fact what i said about "the false messiah" that is just what I believe, and what I reckon it will look like when he or she comes to reign, it could be even worse, no born again believer wants to see those days when the earth comes to that stage of wickedness.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Josho, We are as in the days of Noah. They may have had wars, etc, but Jesus said they ate, drank and got married, just as we are today. Their problem and ours today, is failing to acknowledge our Creator God. And ignoring His Commandments.
As for Sodom, etc, LBGT is ascendant, just try to oppose their agenda and see how abused and vilified you get.

I don't know where you get a false Messiah from? The leader of the One World Govt, to be established soon after the Lord's Day of wrath, the world changer by a hit on the earth from a massive Coronal Mass Ejection, will demand that people take his mark and worship him.

We will see those days, but the Lord does promise protection for His people. Psalm 50:1-6

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
keras said:
Josho, We are as in the days of Noah. They may have had wars, etc, but Jesus said they ate, drank and got married, just as we are today. Their problem and ours today, is failing to acknowledge our Creator God. And ignoring His Commandments.
As for Sodom, etc, LBGT is ascendant, just try to oppose their agenda and see how abused and vilified you get.

I don't know where you get a false Messiah from? The leader of the One World Govt, to be established soon after the Lord's Day of wrath, the world changer by a hit on the earth from a massive Coronal Mass Ejection, will demand that people take his mark and worship him.

We will see those days, but the Lord does promise protection for His people. Psalm 50:1-6
The days of Noah were not soft and openly accepting, I'm sure many Israelis who worshiped the true God in those days were killed in the open before God flooded the earth, who refused to bow to the other false gods, and the days of Sodom were forced upon the same sex, you couldn't walk anywhere safely without being raped in the days of Sodom, how are we anywhere near the same magnitude today as compared to those days? At the moment we are living in better times than WWII, we are still free to be Christians in the western world, we don't get killed in masses for it, rape is still seen as pure evil. That's why I said, it's nowhere near that bad yet. The false Messiah is who i believe will be either one of the 2 beasts in Revelation, he will be able to cast fire from the sky and heal wounds not by medicine or stitches but by supernatural power, the supernatural realm is too big for this to be an ordinary guy, and as you would know Revelation is a massive supernatural book, the leader of the one world govt, would be anything but ordinary warfare, the leader of the one world govt would more likely be a witch or wizard with real supernatural powers. If these days are really wicked to the scale of days of Noah and Sodom, a lot less Christians would be walking safely out in the open.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As for the pre-trib rapture, where does the 2 beasts fit in, before, after, during the trib? Because as you would know Christians get killed for not receiving the mark of the beast and they can't buy and sell without it, in the very ends of ends. And there is only one 2nd coming mentioned in the Bible and no mention of a 3rd coming, how would the rapture work out without him coming back for a 3rd time, because the millennium still has to fit in somewhere with God ruling the earth for a 1000 years and so does judgement day and tribulation.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ warns in Matthew 24 and Luke 12 that he comes as a thief, as in normal everyday times such as Noah and Lot, and for us to watch. If we are obedient to his word and are found watching...

37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him (the pre-trib believe who was obedient and watched) ruler over all that he hath. - Luke 12

I say! It is the will of Christ for us not to know the hour in which he comes, and for we servants to be found watching. If we are found watching it will bode well and blessed with us.

But what happens to those who do not believe in the pre-trib rapture? What happens to the servant who has figured out that Christ's return is not imminent and refuses to watch for it?

45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. - Luke 12

It is the will of God for we servants to be obedient and live our lives so that we expect the Lord's coming as in any day!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
rockytopva said:
Christ warns in Matthew 24 and Luke 12 that he comes as a thief, as in normal everyday times such as Noah and Lot, and for us to watch. If we are obedient to his word and are found watching...

37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
44 Of a truth I say unto you, that he will make him (the pre-trib believe who was obedient and watched) ruler over all that he hath. - Luke 12

I say! It is the will of Christ for us not to know the hour in which he comes, and for we servants to be found watching. If we are found watching it will bode well and blessed with us.

But what happens to those who do not believe in the pre-trib rapture? What happens to the servant who has figured out that Christ's return is not imminent and refuses to watch for it?

45 But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. - Luke 12

It is the will of God for we servants to be obedient and live our lives so that we expect the Lord's coming as in any day!
But what does he mean by keep watching though? If we are looking over our shoulders every 2 seconds, we get sidetracked from what we are really on this earth for, there are far too many doom and gloom Christians out there, is that to be our number one focus or what? And I'm sure what he meant by watching is be ready at all times. It seriously sounds to me a lot of Christians have given up and there attitude is like "OH THIS WORLD IS COMING TO AN END, what's the use of trying to spread the gospel anymore? Let's just let it fall a part and wait for the Lord's return." There is still the great end time revival to come prophesied by Smiths Wigglesworth many many years ago and I am sure you have heard of it and there is a revival about to break loose in Wales. And Rocky what do you think? Why can we still go out safely without being touched like in Sodom & Gommarah? C'mon mate, our job here on earth, is not to just let it all fall to crumbs and talk doom and gloom. As Christians here on earth we are supposed to be showing that their is a true God, that there is a higher power, that miracles do happen, that people can live a wonderful life in heaven through Jesus Christ, we are supposed to tell those the lonely & beaten down that Jesus cares for them.

And another question about the rapture and 2nd coming, there is only one 2nd coming, so does he stay here for the rapture, the millennium and the trib all at once? or does he go down, pick up some who are already dead in the graves, come back down destroy the wicked. then rule the earth for a thousand years with the believers that are remaining, then go back up, let Satan turn the world to crumbs again, then come back down pick up the rest who are being murdered by the 2 beasts, go back up, and then come back down and tribulation begins? Or does he come down and pick up every born again believer, and do the rest from his throne in heaven? I would be interested to know your thoughts in this.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
rockytopva said:

Unexpected!
No warnings!
As a thief!
In times not looked for!

1. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. Because of this prophecy, Christ could not come until His words had been fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. Thus from His ascension to Pentecost, Christ's return was not imminent. (Lk. 24:49).

2. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied that Peter would grow old; he would then be captured and finally be martyred for his testimony for Him. Because of this prophecy, Christ could not return as long as Peter was alive. Peter had to grow old, be captured, and finally be martyred to fulfill the words of Christ. All the Christians knew that as long as Peter was alive, Jesus could not come. Peter died around A.D. 67. Thus from the ascension to Peter's death (67 A.D.), Christ's return was not imminent. (John 21: 18-19; 1 Pet. 1:13-15).

3. Having established that Christ's coming was not imminent until Peter's death (A.D. 67), none of Paul’s or Peter's Epistles can have any references to an imminent return of Christ because all of the epistles were written before A.D. 67 and both men knew the prophecies of Christ, and that His coming was not possible at that time. The epistles of Paul and Peter make no reference to an imminent return of Christ.

4. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied that His church would be planted in Jerusalem, then Judea, then Samaria, and then to “the ends of the earth.” This prophecy was not fulfilled by the early church and has yet to be fully fulfilled. Until the church has been planted in every tribe, tongue and nation, Christ's coming is not imminent. (Acts 1:8; Matt. 28:19, 20; MK. 16:15; Lk. 24:7f; Rev. 7:9).

5. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied the total destruction of Herod's temple by foreign armies. The temple was not destroyed until A.D. 70. Thus from His ascension to the destruction of Herod's temple (A.D. 70), Christ's return was not imminent. (Matt. 24:1; Mk. 13:1; Lk. 21:5, 6).

6. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied certain signs to precede His return. These signs were not present in the early church and are not fully present right now. They are still future. Thus until all these signs are clearly and fully fulfilled, Christ's coming is not imminent. (Matt. 24-, Mk.13, Lk. 21).

7. After His ascension, Christ prophesied that the apostle Paul would go to Rome and preach His gospel. Until Paul got to Rome, Christ could not come. Thus from His ascension to the time when Paul got to Rome (A.D. 61), Christ's return was not imminent. (Acts 23:11; 27:24). None of Paul’s epistles written before he got to Rome could possibly teach that Christ's return was imminent.-

8. After His ascension, Christ prophesied that the church at Smyrna would pass through a great persecution in the future. He challenged them to suffer faithfully. Until the Smyrna church had been through this trial, Christ could not come. Thus from His ascension to the trial of the church at Smyrna, Christ's coming was not imminent. (Rev. 2:10).

9. Christ in various parables connected His church and His coming with the end of the age. Until all the Biblical Prophecies leading up to the end of the age, and the prophecies concerning the end of the age have been fulfilled, Christ cannot come. Thus Christ's return cannot be imminent. (Matt. 13:24-30, 36-43, 47-50; 25:14-30)

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
n2thelight said:
  1. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost. Because of this prophecy, Christ could not come until His words had been fulfilled on the day of Pentecost. Thus from His ascension to Pentecost, Christ's return was not imminent. (Lk. 24:49).
  2. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied that Peter would grow old; he would then be captured and finally be martyred for his testimony for Him. Because of this prophecy, Christ could not return as long as Peter was alive. Peter had to grow old, be captured, and finally be martyred to fulfill the words of Christ. All the Christians knew that as long as Peter was alive, Jesus could not come. Peter died around A.D. 67. Thus from the ascension to Peter's death (67 A.D.), Christ's return was not imminent. (John 21: 18-19; 1 Pet. 1:13-15).
  3. Having established that Christ's coming was not imminent until Peter's death (A.D. 67), none of Paul’s or Peter's Epistles can have any references to an imminent return of Christ because all of the epistles were written before A.D. 67 and both men knew the prophecies of Christ, and that His coming was not possible at that time. The epistles of Paul and Peter make no reference to an imminent return of Christ.
  4. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied that His church would be planted in Jerusalem, then Judea, then Samaria, and then to “the ends of the earth.” This prophecy was not fulfilled by the early church and has yet to be fully fulfilled. Until the church has been planted in every tribe, tongue and nation, Christ's coming is not imminent. (Acts 1:8; Matt. 28:19, 20; MK. 16:15; Lk. 24:7f; Rev. 7:9).
  5. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied the total destruction of Herod's temple by foreign armies. The temple was not destroyed until A.D. 70. Thus from His ascension to the destruction of Herod's temple (A.D. 70), Christ's return was not imminent. (Matt. 24:1; Mk. 13:1; Lk. 21:5, 6).
  6. Before His ascension, Christ prophesied certain signs to precede His return. These signs were not present in the early church and are not fully present right now. They are still future. Thus until all these signs are clearly and fully fulfilled, Christ's coming is not imminent. (Matt. 24-, Mk.13, Lk. 21).
  7. After His ascension, Christ prophesied that the apostle Paul would go to Rome and preach His gospel. Until Paul got to Rome, Christ could not come. Thus from His ascension to the time when Paul got to Rome (A.D. 61), Christ's return was not imminent. (Acts 23:11; 27:24). None of Paul’s epistles written before he got to Rome could possibly teach that Christ's return was imminent.-
  8. After His ascension, Christ prophesied that the church at Smyrna would pass through a great persecution in the future. He challenged them to suffer faithfully. Until the Smyrna church had been through this trial, Christ could not come. Thus from His ascension to the trial of the church at Smyrna, Christ's coming was not imminent. (Rev. 2:10).
  9. Christ in various parables connected His church and His coming with the end of the age. Until all the Biblical Prophecies leading up to the end of the age, and the prophecies concerning the end of the age have been fulfilled, Christ cannot come. Thus Christ's return cannot be imminent. (Matt. 13:24-30, 36-43, 47-50; 25:14-30)
Gotta strongly agree, the great end time revival, the great outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the ends of the earth is still in the making and Israelis are yet to reclaim all their land, Christ will not leave his work unfinished. There are still prophecies to be fulfilled.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no command to believe in a pretribulation rapture anywhere in scripture as there is no mention of a pretribulation rapture in scripture, anywhere! This is called strong delusion because it is strong, even able to deceive the elect if that were possible. However Christ sends His spokesmen out to point men back to Him, to our true hope. He that has this hope (of Christ's return to the Earth) purifies himself.