The reason for gathering at Armageddon ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well @Douggg, as usual you have no idea. The judgement of the Kings of the Earth at Armageddon is so that God can deal with the Kings of the earth and their armies who have been used by the Little Horn to trample God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts.

This will happen after the completion of the Daniel 8:13-14 prophetic time period after which all of Israel will be saved.

Now the Seventh Bowl Judgement has run its full course, and the sixth Bowl judgement is presently unfolding after the Three frog like spirits did signs and wonders in 9-11-2001 to draw the kings of the earth to Armageddon to be judged along with the Heavenly hosts as Isaiah 24:21-22 prophetic tells us.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Jay,

What does Revelation 19:19 mean to you ? Is this verse not referring to the gathering at Armageddon in Revelation 16:16 ?

Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well @Douggg, as usual you have no idea. The judgement of the Kings of the Earth at Armageddon is so that God can deal with the Kings of the earth and their armies who have been used by the Little Horn to trample God's sanctuary and His earthly hosts.

This will happen after the completion of the Daniel 8:13-14 prophetic time period after which all of Israel will be saved.

Now the Seventh Bowl Judgement has run its full course, and the sixth Bowl judgement is presently unfolding after the Three frog like spirits did signs and wonders in 9-11-2001 to draw the kings of the earth to Armageddon to be judged along with the Heavenly hosts as Isaiah 24:21-22 prophetic tells us.
Hi Jay, what is the motivation for the kings of the earth, from their standpoint, and the whole world to gather themselves to battle of that great day of God Almighty, at Armageddon ?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Douggg @Jay Ross I am well aware you will dismiss the following statement as irrelevant or erroneous, nevertheless this is my view; you are both paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water.....and why is that I might ask? ...because you have not understood the key nor made Jesus the primary factor for interpretation

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Douggg @Jay Ross I am well aware you will dismiss the following statement as irrelevant or erroneous, nevertheless this is my view; you are both paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water.....and why is that I might ask? ...because you have not understood the key nor made Jesus the primary factor for interpretation
EGW ? oh, you are SDA ? Could you be a little more explicit ?

What are your thoughts on the reason for the gathering at Armageddon ?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
all of Israel will be saved.
Who is this Israel you speak of?

(Ethnic Jews)?
(Israeli Citizens)?

If Ethnic Jews, what percentage of Jewish blood is needed to be saved, 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 1%,??????

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
EGW ? oh, you are SDA ? Could you be a little more explicit ?

What are your thoughts on the reason for the gathering at Armageddon ?
SDA...no.
Armageddon is the last stand of the resurrected wicked

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What does Revelation 19:19 mean to you ? Is this verse not referring to the gathering at Armageddon in Revelation 16:16 ?

No, this verse is not referring to the gathering of the kings of the earth at Armageddon.

what is the motivation for the kings of the earth, from their standpoint, and the whole world to gather themselves . . . . . at Armageddon ?

The Little Horn is gathering his army made up from all of the kings of the earth for one last push to complete the trampling of God's Earthly Host so that God's earthly hosts will be no more, but the launching of the attack comes after the completion of the allocated 2,300 year for the trampling of God's Sanctuary and His earthly hosts, which then results in God Judging the heavenly hosts in heaven and the Kings of the earth on the earth because of their desire to remove God's earthly hosts from the face of the earth.

This gathering of the kings of the earth at Armageddon in around 20 years from now.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who is this Israel you speak of?

(Ethnic Jews)?
(Israeli Citizens)?

If Ethnic Jews, what percentage of Jewish blood is needed to be saved, 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5%, 1%,??????

Your question is a red herring.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
SDA...no.

My view is that you are paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water. Your answer is so far from the mark that you are missing the point by much more than a country mile.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My view is that you are paddling around in a muddy puddle hoping to find clear water. Your answer is so far from the mark that you are missing the point by much more than a country mile.
hmmmm

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SDA...no.
Are you are aware in the quote at the bottom of your post "EGW" stands for Ellen G. White - who was the early leader of the Seventh Day Adventists ?

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, this verse is not referring to the gathering of the kings of the earth at Armageddon.
The beast, the kings of the earth, and Armageddon are in Revelation 16:13-16....

Revelation 16:
13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

Then the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies are in Revelation 19:19...

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

So, it is obvious that it is the same participants in Revelation 16:13-16 as is in Revelation 19:19, at Jesus's Second Coming.

Armageddon takes place at Jesus's Second Coming. Which is before the beginning of the millennium.

the Ezekiel 38-39 Gog/Magog event (followed by 7 years verses 9-10 )
the great tribulation (the last 1335 days of those 7 years)
the Armageddon event (verses 17-20)
the Second Coming of Jesus (verses 21-29, to end the great tribulation)
the 1000 year millennium (the 1000 year reign of Jesus, on this present earth, Revelation 20:4)
Satan's short period to once again deceive the nations (Revelation 20:7-10)

The Little Horn is gathering his army made up from all of the kings of the earth for one last push to complete the trampling of God's Earthly Host so that God's earthly hosts will be no more, but the launching of the attack comes after the completion of the allocated 2,300 year for the trampling of God's Sanctuary and His earthly hosts, which then results in God Judging the heavenly hosts in heaven and the Kings of the earth on the earth because of their desire to remove God's earthly hosts from the face of the earth.
2300 years ? The text of Daniel 8:14 says 2300 days.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrected wicked, Revelation 20:12-15, does not take place until after Satan is cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 20:10.

The gathering at Armageddon is in Revelation 16:13-16. And then the kings of the earth, the beast, their armies are destroyed at Jesus's Second Coming in Revelation 19:19-21.

Armageddon is also found in Ezekiel 39, as is Jesus's Second Coming. The events in Revelation are in the same sequence as found in Ezekiel 39.

the 1000 year millennium (the 1000 year reign of Jesus, on this present earth, Revelation 20:4)

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like in the Exodus story, the 'frogs' were a plague to free 'Israel' from Pharaoh. The 'antichrist' is 'setting Israel free' from 'spiritual Egypt' mentioned in Rev 11:8 and 'gathering' them (to become their 'fierce king' in Isa 19:4).

Isaiah 19:1 This is the burden against Egypt: Behold, the LORD rides on a swift cloud; He is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt will tremble before Him, and the hearts of the Egyptians will melt within them. 2 “So I will incite Egyptian against Egyptian; brother will fight against brother, neighbor against neighbor, city against city, and kingdom against kingdom. 3 Then the spirit of the Egyptians will be emptied out from among them, and I will frustrate their plans, so that they will resort to idols and spirits of the dead, to mediums and spiritists. 4 I will deliver the Egyptians into the hands of harsh masters, and a fierce king will rule over them,” declares the Lord GOD of Hosts.​
The released 'demons' are why the 'Egyptians' resort to spiritism.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
”And after these things I heard a great voice of a great multitude in the heaven, saying, ‘Alleluia! the salvation, and the glory, and the honour, and the power, [is] to the Lord our God; because true and righteous [are] His judgments, because He did judge the great whore who did corrupt the earth in her whoredom, and He did avenge the blood of His servants at her hand;’ and a second time they said, ‘Alleluia;’ and her smoke doth come up — to the ages of the ages! And fall down did the elders — the twenty and four — and the four living creatures, and they did bow before God who is sitting upon the throne, saying, ‘Amen, Alleluia.’ And a voice out of the throne did come forth, saying, ‘Praise our God, all ye His servants, and those fearing Him, both the small and the great;’ and I heard as the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, ‘Alleluia! because reign did the Lord God — the Almighty! may we rejoice and exult, and give the glory to Him, because come did the marriage of the Lamb, and his wife did make herself ready; and there was given to her that she may be arrayed with fine linen, pure and shining, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.’ And he saith to me, ‘Write: Happy [are] they who to the supper of the marriage of the Lamb have been called;’ and he saith to me, ‘These [are] the true words of God;’ and I fell before his feet, to bow before him, and he saith to me, ‘See — not! fellow servant of thee am I, and of thy brethren, those having the testimony of Jesus; bow before God, for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of the prophecy.’ And I saw the heaven having been opened, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness doth he judge and war, and his eyes [are] as a flame of fire, and upon his head [are] many diadems — having a name written that no one hath known, except himself, and he is arrayed with a garment covered with blood, and his name is called, The Word of God. And the armies in the heaven were following him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen — white and pure; and out of his mouth doth proceed a sharp sword, that with it he may smite the nations, and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, and he doth tread the press of the wine of the wrath and the anger of God the Almighty, and he hath upon the garment and upon his thigh the name written, ‘King of kings, and Lord of Lords.’ And I saw one messenger standing in the sun, and he cried, a great voice, saying to all the birds that are flying in mid-heaven, ‘Come and be gathered together to the supper of the great God, that ye may eat flesh of kings, and flesh of chiefs of thousands, and flesh of strong men, and flesh of horses, and of those sitting on them, and the flesh of all — freemen and servants — both small and great.’ And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, having been gathered together to make war with him who is sitting upon the horse, and with his army; and the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet who did the signs before him, in which he led astray those who did receive the mark of the beast, and those who did bow before his image; living they were cast — the two — to the lake of the fire, that is burning with brimstone; and the rest were killed with the sword of him who is sitting on the horse, which [sword] is proceeding out of his mouth, and all the birds were filled out of their flesh.“
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19‬:‭1‬-‭21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Earth who was in whoredom was Israel, known as spiritual Egypt.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The resurrected wicked, Revelation 20:12-15, does not take place until after Satan is cast into the lake of fire in Revelation 20:10.

The gathering at Armageddon is in Revelation 16:13-16. And then the kings of the earth, the beast, their armies are destroyed at Jesus's Second Coming in Revelation 19:19-21.

Armageddon is also found in Ezekiel 39, as is Jesus's Second Coming. The events in Revelation are in the same sequence as found in Ezekiel 39.

that is not how I read the latter chapters of Revelation.
I think your understanding bounces off Franscisco Ribera's interpretation....the champion of the counter reformation