Pre-trib rapture!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your own post disproves your point, but you just keep doubling and tripling down

Only because you don't have the ability to actually comprehend what you read. clueless-doh.gif

It does not say Jesus is returning to the earth.... not at the time of the catching away of the church

After the great Tribulation we see Jesus actually returning to earth physically

Zechariah 14:4
And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Revelation 19:11-16
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

Reactions: rebuilder 454

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only because you don't have the ability to actually comprehend what you read. View attachment 42642

It does not say Jesus is returning to the earth.... not at the time of the catching away of the church

After the great Tribulation we see Jesus actually returning to earth physically

Zechariah 14:4
And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

Revelation 19:11-16
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
I don't reckon there's anything you can say that will ever convince me that what Paul calls THE COMING is not a coming of the Lord.

I understand that's a little awkward for you, since it requires there to be a Third Coming of the Lord, while the Bible only speaks of two.

I'll let you work that out for yourself... you neither need nor want my help. See you in another topic, probably.

jasmine_princess

Feb 27, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the Rapture has been a debatable topic- pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib.

I think the thing is we can't really know for sure when it will be. I think all Christians need to do is to be ready for when Jesus comes again. He is going to come when we don't expect Him anyways.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that's a little awkward for you

Nothing about God's Word is awkward for me... there are 2 times the Lord is shown in scripture to be coming to earth.

His first coming... then, after the tribulation His second coming.

These are times when He arrived on earth to live here... when the rapture happens, He's only coming in the clouds to meet us in the air and is not coming to live here yet and will not even be touching the earth, so He is not coming to earth

If you still have a hard time understanding this, see if there are some elementary age school kids in your area and let them explain it to you cause they can understand this.

Reactions: Traveler

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the thing is we can't really know for sure when it will be.

Not the actual day, no... but there are markers in God's Word so we will know the season.

As noted in 2 Thess... it will be after the falling away (lots of Christians falling away from the Lord),
and after the anti-christ has been revealed to the world.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The rapture takes place during the opening of the sixth seal, which means we go through the first five first.

The rapture marks the end of the time of the gentiles or the age of grace. After this everything returns back to the law as in the old testament. That is what the 144,000 are for. They are Jews that will fill the gap left by the departure of the church. The Jews will remain here during the Trumpets and will then be gathered before the bowls of wrath are let loose.

Hence the reason for the rebuilding of the third Temple, That is how close we are to this time.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that can read... clearly see the text saying He is coming to
meet us in the air
and is not coming to touch down upon the earth.

I can help you find some online reading comprehension courses if you'd like... just let me know.
Jesus does touch down on the earth, and with a two edged sword, and when He's done there will be blood as high as a horse and as far as the eye can see; and then He will have Michael put Satan in the Abys for 1,000 years, AND JESUS WILL RULE THE EARTH WITH A ROD OF IRON, and we will REIGN with Him.

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus does touch down on the earth, and with a two edged sword, and when He's done there will be blood as high as a horse and as far as the eye can see; and then He will have Michael put Satan in the Abys for 1,000 years, AND JESUS WILL RULE THE EARTH WITH A ROD OF IRON, and we will REIGN with Him.
That is at the battle of Armageddon which only comes later. After the last bowls of wrath have been poured out. He returns with his saints and stays.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is at the battle of Armageddon which only comes later. After the last bowls of wrath have been poured out. He returns with his saints and stays.
That is at His second coming. The only second coming. There is no other coming documented in scripture...NONE!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, AFTER the great tribulation where he comes back to start His 1000 Reign.

But... when the catching away of the church takes place, He will not be touching down on earth....
1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

That is at His second coming. The only second coming. There is no other coming documented in scripture...NONE!

Did you ignore 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 in yo bibles??? clueless-scratching.gif

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But... when the catching away of the church takes place, He will not be touching down on earth....
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Did you ignore 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 in yo bibles??? View attachment 42770
Where does it say Pre-Anything there, or secret coming?

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Did you ignore 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 in yo bibles??? View attachment 42770
Where does it say pre-anything there, or secret coming?

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What prepares us to meet our Savior? Isn't it that we've been reborn in Him?
Agree:

"Giving thanks unto The Father, Which Hath Made us meet [ worthy ] to be​
partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:" (Colossians 1:12 AV)​
What prepares us for "rewards at Judgment" (1Co 3: 8-15) is an entirely different doctrine, as some
think there is a category of "losers of rewards" who will "not be included" [ partial Body? ] of the
Entire Completed [ with the Last 'member' (at the "fulness of the Gentiles"?) ] Body Of Christ, at:

Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say Pre-Anything there, or secret coming?

I never said it was pre-trib... 2 Thess says the catching away of the church won't happen until after the anti-christ is revealed

And, it won't be a secret ether as the world will notice a few million Christians are suddenly gone.

Only the faithful will be taken since most that claim to be Christians are following a different jesus and a false gospel such as reformed theology or catholicism... those folks will be left behind.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm... do I really want to waste time arguing with pre-tribbers? No, I don't. I'm not going to put much effort into this.

A post-trib verse:

Jesus: "Immediately after the tribulation of those days... they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds."

The irony here is that I'm not a post-tribber, either. :sweatsmile:
Well pretribbers and postribbers agree that Jesus returns after the trib. You just quoted a verse that has angels, not Jesus gathering the elect up in heaven, not earth, which ironically only harmonizes with a pretrib rapture.
So,not sure of your point,and not sure of your position concerning the rapture.

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said it was pre-trib... 2 Thess says the catching away of the church won't happen until after the anti-christ is revealed

And, it won't be a secret ether as the world will notice a few million Christians are suddenly gone.

Only the faithful will be taken since most that claim to be Christians are following a different jesus and a false gospel such as reformed theology or catholicism... those folks will be left behind.
You got it. Sorry about the error.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got it. Sorry about the error.

I'll send ya a bill! fishin_line-in-water.gif

I spent most of my Christian life believing in the pre-trib rapture cause every church I went to taught that.

One church I used to go to had 2 lady "pastors" (what a train wreck!) and one of them actually said from the pulpit that we should not bother to read the Book of Revelation cause we'll all be gone for any of that stuff happens.

Later I found out a lot of the stuff I had been taught like pre-trib rapture and once saved always saved where heresy!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll send ya a bill! View attachment 42821

I spent most of my Christian life believing in the pre-trib rapture cause every church I went to taught that.

One church I used to go to had 2 lady "pastors" (what a train wreck!) and one of them actually said from the pulpit that we should not bother to read the Book of Revelation cause we'll all be gone for any of that stuff happens.

Later I found out a lot of the stuff I had been taught like pre-trib rapture and once saved always saved where heresy!
You sought the Lord for truth and He answerd. Thank you for sharing that. And one more thing...I'll pay it when I get it!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sought the Lord for truth and He answerd. Thank you for sharing that. And one more thing...I'll pay it when I get it!
All rapture verses are peacetime,normal life, and free commerce.
Pretrib rapture is solid bible as Jesus vividly portrayed.
There is a "midtrib rapture in rev 14 , but it is Jewish. Exclusively ethnic Jews.
Plus the antichrist kills all believers refusing the mark and every man ,woman and child takes the mark early on in the trib. IOW all believers left behind are martyred.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All rapture verses are peacetime,normal life, and free commerce.
Pretrib rapture is solid bible as Jesus vividly portrayed.
There is a "midtrib rapture in rev 14 , but it is Jewish. Exclusively ethnic Jews.
Plus the antichrist kills every man ,woman and child early on in the trib. IOW all believers left behind are martyred.
When you say "portrayed" you're referring to taking the words of Jesus and placing them in your colage of out of context scriptures and framing them into a doctrine called "THE RAPTURE", a word that does not exist in the bible, let alone giving it a frame of reference, and then you want to slap your colage back in the bible and say "LOOK HERE SEE...SEE, IT'S ALL HERE". In fact, all you have is conjecture as your blessed hope.

My blessed Hope is not on an event, My Hope is in the person of Jesus, the Christ whom I trust implicitly. If the blood of animals was enough for God to display His wrath upon egypt without that wrath being impuned on Israel, and If God could stand in the fire and take the heat for Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, than when God tells me to persevere and endure to the end, HE DOESN'T MEAN THE END AS BEING A NO BRAINER ESCAPE HATCH WITH A GUARANTEED HONEYMOON. He means through the darkest hours, even unto death, until His SECOND COMING. Daniel said, "even if we lose our lives, we will worship the lord"...THAT END...SEE!

GOD DOES NOTHING IN SECRET AND HIDES FROM NOTHING​