Preterism, What is it? Is it truth?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. This had to do with Israel. At that time, only that nation was the people of God. Later, in the NT, what applied to Israel came to apply to other nations, as well.
Nope it is all about Israel, her city and her temple.

that is what Daniel prayed for. He confessed his sins and the sins of his people, who had not yet repented. And his prayer was for God to remember the people, the city the temple and the promises

Dan 9 Yes, all Israel has transgressed Your law, and has departed so as not to obey Your voice; therefore the curse and the oath written in the Law of Moses the servant of God have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against Him. 12 And He has confirmed His words, which He spoke against us and against our judges who judged us, by bringing upon us a great disaster; for under the whole heaven such has never been done as what has been done to Jerusalem.
13 “As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us; yet we have not made our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turn from our iniquities and understand Your truth.

here Daniel is confessing the truth, Isreal the city and the sanctuary are scattered in all the nations and its city and sanctuary lie desolate, this was Gods promise in Lev 26. If you study it look to the final form of discipline God will enact if Israel fails to repent,

it’s all about Lev 26 and Gods judgment on the nation. If they do not obey,

27 ‘And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, 28 then I also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. 29 You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters. 30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses on the lifeless forms of your idols; and My soul shall abhor you. 31 I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas. 32 I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be astonished at it. 33 I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you; your land shall be desolate and your cities waste.

Which is exactly what happened, it happened to Daniel, and it happened again as prophets told us in 70 Ad and continues today

he goes on to prove this,

16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us. 17 Now therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate. 18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”

Again, Daniel is doing what was required by knowing Lev 26.

Lev 26: 40 ‘But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers, with their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, and that they also have walked contrary to Me,
41 and that I also have walked contrary to them and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and they accept their guilt—
42 then I will remember My covenant with Jacob, and My covenant with Isaac and My covenant with Abraham I will remember; I will remember the land.

preterists want to remove Israel from the equation and take everything promised to them and take them and apply them to the church, that’s why it is popularly called replacement theology,

God made a promise to Israel, through Abraham Isaac and Jacob, he called this promise an eternal promise, well eternity has not occurred yet, so it is still binding,

he also made a promise of what he would do if they would disobey him in the law given to Moses, in a form of 7 cycles of discipline on the nation, final cycle being total destruction of the city and sanctuary and scattering them amount the gentile nations, but even then, as told in other prophets, he promises when they repent, he will restore them and bring them back into the land, even punishing the nations who treated them badly.

I will stop here because adding all these passages to show my point will make this to long, I will respond to the rest when I get a brake at work

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mankind, not really. Mankind is not the history of creation. Mankind is only one segment, and we have the worse of mankind in Scripture, not really the best.

Creation is a finite time, and it is all recorded in God's Word. Mankind does not teach the whole of God's Word. Mankind get stuck in ruts and hardly ever get out of them.
Ok then. I guess it's unknowable if mankind does not teach it and never have.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continuing

Israel's sin came to maturity at the crucifixion of Christ. His death completed the guilt of Israel, preparing them for a final age of great punishment, or tribulation, until the restoration of the nation in Christ's Kingdom.

this makes no sense. Israel had been in sin for along time that’s why she was still under gentile dominion. gif all were them to rebuild but they rebuilt as slaves if gentiles. That never changed the reason is the nation never really repented. She was still on sin.

Israel's sins were brought to an end with a decisive defeat of Israel by the Romans in 70 AD.
Ah so Israel repented in 70 ad. And put an end to her sin and all is real was saved as Paul prophesied? Then why has her land been desolate for 2000 plus years now?

Christ died on the cross to express God's forgiveness towards those willing to return to God through the life of Christ.

Yes he didn’t it that’s nit what Daniel 9 is about. We need to keep in context

Christ established a righteousness for the Church which is indestructible, despite our continuing state of sinfulness. Those who put their faith in Christ's atonement have access to his life and righteousness, and will no longer be subject to eternal death.

Dan 9 is not about the church it is about Israel. Nothing in daniel 9 points to the church. So trying to push the church into interpretation is to take Dan 9 out of context

Christ completed the vision and hope of atonement for Israel under the Law by completing final atonement for Israel in his own death. This fulfilled redemptive prophecy.

The Most Holy was Christ, who fulfilled the place of the Holy of Holies. He was the presence of God in the ark of his physical body.

This is another way to look at the 6 things the 70 Weeks were supposed to bring about. It would bring Israel to a place of final divorce from God, and out of the ashes would emerge Salvation. This happened in the time of Christ, and in the time immediately following, in 70 AD.

If you will stand back and look at this prophecy, it was given in a time when Israel was just going to be restored from a long 70 year judgment. Instead of promising final national restoration, it promised only a limited and temporary restoration, ultimately leading, once again, to national failure and judgment.

This prophecy indeed spoke of Israel's condition up until the 1st coming of Christ, and immediately following, when Israel was deported or killed by the Romans. It was not a prophecy of the end of the age. That's how most of the Church Fathers interpreted it. And so do I.
This is replacement theology it takes Israel out of the eternal covenant God have to Abraham and tried to force the church to take their place. There mere fact the church is nit scattered from the land promised her because of her sin and that her city and holy places are left desolate because of her sin proves this fact

the church fathers? Oh you mean the catholic ones. I suggest you look to the word and what the true church fathers wrote in the word and not the Roman church who is a false church

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, that's Pretrib. I don't see any evidence for it in the Scriptures. But Darby was a smart man--I'm sure he concocted lots of reasons to believe the Church should escape from tribulation.

God would never, in my judgment, give the world over to Satan for 42 months, with no Church, no testimony of judgment, and no prophecy against wickedness. The Church has always been active in times of tribulation, from the persecutions of the ancient Roman Empire to a variety of problems today. The purpose of the Church is to testify against sin in the present age, and to hopefully bring some to repentance, in preparation for the coming Kingdom of Christ.

But you can believe what you will. I'll believe as I will. Just take Christ with you wherever you go with this. And I will do the same.
There are the two witnesses. God points out through John, in Revelation 11, that is all, that is necessary.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you come up with this belief if I may ask

the 70th week is a seven year period not a 2000+ Year period
Jesus taught about the final harvest throughout His earthly ministry. The 70th week would be the completion of Christ's earthly ministry of 7 years. However Jesus only accomplished 3.5 years. To finish the 70th week, Christ has to return and finish His earthly ministry, in the final harvest. The church filled in the time between the two events. The church has little to do with the 70th week. The church resides in Paradise.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus taught about the final harvest throughout His earthly ministry. The 70th week would be the completion of Christ's earthly ministry of 7 years. However Jesus only accomplished 3.5 years. To finish the 70th week, Christ has to return and finish His earthly ministry, in the final harvest. The church filled in the time between the two events. The church has little to do with the 70th week. The church resides in Paradise.
Again where do you get this?

where in daniel 9 did gabriel tell Daniel that the completion of the 70th week would be the end of his ministry!

remember, Jesus ministey was cut off at the end of the 69th week, not the end of the 70th so what your saying does not make sense to me in context of daniel 9

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are the two witnesses. God points out through John, in Revelation 11, that is all, that is necessary.

You are assuming your own arguments are true. If 2 Witnesses are not the sole witnesses to God's judgments, then they are *not* all that is necessary.

My argument is the opposite, that there are many more than 2 Witnesses to the endtimes judgments of God. There are Christians in every nation, testifying against the sin that God is soon to judge.

In my view, the 2 Witnesses are strictly active in Jerusalem, even though the entire world can know about them. Witnesses need to be in every nation, and in every city, if possible. But it is critical for these 2 Witnesses to be in Jerusalem because Israel is so antagonistic towards Christians there.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again where do you get this?

where in daniel 9 did gabriel tell Daniel that the completion of the 70th week would be the end of his ministry!

remember, Jesus ministey was cut off at the end of the 69th week, not the end of the 70th so what your saying does not make sense to me in context of daniel 9
Because the 69th week ended at the Baptism of Jesus. That is why some can claim a full 7 years left. Jesus was never a part of Jacob's trouble at all. The Messiah being cut off at the end of the 69th week as being on the Cross, does not make sense either. It is not possible to stretch the 69th week to the Cross. Nor does it make sense to cut the 7th week in half at any point. Satan does not get the second half any way. Satan's 3.5 years (42 months), can never be the Second Half of the 70th week. If anything it is just a period between the two halves. But we have no 3.5 year period mentioned any where after the battle of Armageddon, which is after those 3.5 years. The only thing that makes sense is when Jesus is present with Jacob for the whole 7 years. Except Jesus said there would not be the full 7 years, because it would be shortened for the sake of the elect.

It is not shortened for Satan, but the elect. Satan's time would be added to the 7 years making 10.5 years in total. Since Jesus Christ is present for the 70th week during the worse of Jacob's trouble, then Jacob is the elect this time is shortened for. So instead of the remaining 3.5 years (minus the 3.5 Jesus already accomplished from the 7), that time keeps getting shorter each second. The last 3.5 years started in October 2019.

This is consistent with Messiah being cut off at mid week, after His first 3.5 year ministry of the 70 week. No one, not even Jesus knows the time of the Second Coming, so the last 3.5 years is getting shorter. The church is given more time to gather the current harvest. The time of the Trumpets and Thunders is shrinking so there will be less time to endure God's Trumpets and Thunders. The time that is fixed and even Satan knows when his time is and how short, because of this:

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This time starts at the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. This sounding is a week of days, because this week also gets interrupted by the 42 months given to Satan.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

This is the confirmation of the Covenant just as much as Messiah being cut off.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

There was no flood in 70AD, but look back at Revelation 12.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This flood can only happen after the 7th Trumpet. The 7th Trumpet is when Satan and his army are cast out of heaven the Last time. His army of angels are still bound until the 5th Trumpet. None of the Trumpets can sound until the 7th Seal is opened. The 7th Seal is opened after God on the throne and the Lamb are present for what time is left of the last 3.5 years. The only thing that can be known is when Satan's 42 months starts and ends. But it is not something the church is looking for. At least they should not be looking for any so called Christ nor an alledged AC.

The church should only be focused on gathering the harvest, and avoiding wickedness to be prepared for the soon to happen Second Coming.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are assuming your own arguments are true. If 2 Witnesses are not the sole witnesses to God's judgments, then they are *not* all that is necessary.

My argument is the opposite, that there are many more than 2 Witnesses to the endtimes judgments of God. There are Christians in every nation, testifying against the sin that God is soon to judge.

In my view, the 2 Witnesses are strictly active in Jerusalem, even though the entire world can know about them. Witnesses need to be in every nation, and in every city, if possible. But it is critical for these 2 Witnesses to be in Jerusalem because Israel is so antagonistic towards Christians there.
The problem with your scenario is that the church is not even going to be on earth after God and the Lamb arrive for the final harvest. This is not a time of living. It is a time of physically leaving earth one way or the other. Just with the Seals and Trumpets half of current population is no longer present on the earth. By the time of the 2 witnesses, there may only be 2 billion or less here. Not to mention, that during the 6th Seal, the continents and mountains are going to be doing some major movement, more than likely coming back into a single land mass, and the mountains giving new national boundaries.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Any rejectors of Satan will be getting their heads cut off. The two witnesses will be encouraging many to get their heads cut off to avoid the mark and to keep one's name in the Lamb's book of life. The two witnesses will not be killed by loosing their heads, neither will they receive the mark of the beast. No where does it say any other witness will remain with their bodies and their heads.

Call it my interpretation, but unless you have Scripture to claim another scenario, that is what John wrote. John experienced it and wrote down the facts.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with your scenario is that the church is not even going to be on earth after God and the Lamb arrive for the final harvest. This is not a time of living. It is a time of physically leaving earth one way or the other. Just with the Seals and Trumpets half of current population is no longer present on the earth. By the time of the 2 witnesses, there may only be 2 billion or less here. Not to mention, that during the 6th Seal, the continents and mountains are going to be doing some major movement, more than likely coming back into a single land mass, and the mountains giving new national boundaries.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Any rejectors of Satan will be getting their heads cut off. The two witnesses will be encouraging many to get their heads cut off to avoid the mark and to keep one's name in the Lamb's book of life. The two witnesses will not be killed by loosing their heads, neither will they receive the mark of the beast. No where does it say any other witness will remain with their bodies and their heads.

Call it my interpretation, but unless you have Scripture to claim another scenario, that is what John wrote. John experienced it and wrote down the facts.

It's not all that clear, but we should recognize the genre of literature, and realize much must be read between the lines, and thought out properly. Focusing on a particular scenario w/ 2 witnesses in Jerusalem does not exclude the international Church from the earth. Saying the mountains are shaken and removed is poetry--it means all worldly powers will be shaken to the core, and have their political control threatened.

The harvest does not precede the end of the age. It *is* the end of the age. So Jesus does not come before the end, nor does Armageddon take place before the end. The time of "Tribulation," as you choose to call it, is not some kind of last ordeal that rebels must go through as part of their eternal punishment. Rather, when God is done, He will send Christ, and it will be over in an instant. Preliminary judgments are designed to warn the world *before* final judgment falls.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the 69th week ended at the Baptism of Jesus. That is why some can claim a full 7 years left. Jesus was never a part of Jacob's trouble at all. The Messiah being cut off at the end of the 69th week as being on the Cross, does not make sense either. It is not possible to stretch the 69th week to the Cross. Nor does it make sense to cut the 7th week in half at any point. Satan does not get the second half any way. Satan's 3.5 years (42 months), can never be the Second Half of the 70th week. If anything it is just a period between the two halves. But we have no 3.5 year period mentioned any where after the battle of Armageddon, which is after those 3.5 years. The only thing that makes sense is when Jesus is present with Jacob for the whole 7 years. Except Jesus said there would not be the full 7 years, because it would be shortened for the sake of the elect.
Where do I begin?

1. no place in the OT prophets does it say messiah the prince will be introduced by being baptized by someone in the Jordan
2. We are shown how the messiah will be introduced.
Zechariah 9:9
The Coming King
“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
this occured exactly prophesied as even the people rejoiced At the coming king, who a week later was hung on a cross, hence fulfilling the prophecy at the end of the 69 week shall be messiah the prince,who after this will be cut off

2. if the 70th week started as you say, then he was cut off in the middle of that week, and we still had 4 years to go after his death, nothing happened on this date not to mention, nothing else that was prophesied occurred, we have unfulfilled prophecy then claim it is fulfilled. This should be a major warning that something is wrong

3. is it possible to bring 69 weeks to the cross? Most definitely, if we go back to the true date of the command to restor Jerusalem, we can know exactly when it would be, and we can determine the 69th week ended when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey. This is WHY Jesus wept over Jerusalem and told them, if only they know known the time of his coming, which they should have, but now it will be hidden from them

this is also why Jews reject Daniel as a prophet. Because according to them, 70 weeks came and went, and messiah did not show up, they rejected Jesus,

It is not shortened for Satan, but the elect. Satan's time would be added to the 7 years making 10.5 years in total. Since Jesus Christ is present for the 70th week during the worse of Jacob's trouble, then Jacob is the elect this time is shortened for. So instead of the remaining 3.5 years (minus the 3.5 Jesus already accomplished from the 7), that time keeps getting shorter each second. The last 3.5 years started in October 2019.

This is consistent with Messiah being cut off at mid week, after His first 3.5 year ministry of the 70 week. No one, not even Jesus knows the time of the Second Coming, so the last 3.5 years is getting shorter. The church is given more time to gather the current harvest. The time of the Trumpets and Thunders is shrinking so there will be less time to endure God's Trumpets and Thunders. The time that is fixed and even Satan knows when his time is and how short, because of this:

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

This time starts at the sounding of the 7th Trumpet. This sounding is a week of days, because this week also gets interrupted by the 42 months given to Satan.

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

This is the sounding of the 7th Trumpet.

7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

This is the confirmation of the Covenant just as much as Messiah being cut off.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

There was no flood in 70AD, but look back at Revelation 12.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.
16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

This flood can only happen after the 7th Trumpet. The 7th Trumpet is when Satan and his army are cast out of heaven the Last time. His army of angels are still bound until the 5th Trumpet. None of the Trumpets can sound until the 7th Seal is opened. The 7th Seal is opened after God on the throne and the Lamb are present for what time is left of the last 3.5 years. The only thing that can be known is when Satan's 42 months starts and ends. But it is not something the church is looking for. At least they should not be looking for any so called Christ nor an alledged AC.

The church should only be focused on gathering the harvest, and avoiding wickedness to be prepared for the soon to happen Second Coming.

1. all flesh was never threatened in ad 70
2. It is for the elect. Whoever endures will be saved, and enter the kingdom age with Christ, we are told the lost or those who sided with Satan will be killed. Their flesh shall be eaten with birds for over a year,
3. The time of jacobs trouble is a time of Gods wrath, where jacob (Isreal) will be spared and protected. And at the end of this, she will repent and be saved,

one of the things to occure at the end of the 70 weeks is Israel has put away her sin, that is the point of jacobs trouble, even Paul mentions this, all Israel will be saved, he warns us gentiles not be be puffed up and boast against them. There is a reason he has always kept a remnant of people who were not blinded. So he could restor their sight, and as the prophet say, when this happens the whole world rejoices and knows their God is the one true God,

sorry brother,I can not look to prophecy and see what you see,

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do I begin?

1. no place in the OT prophets does it say messiah the prince will be introduced by being baptized by someone in the Jordan
2. We are shown how the messiah will be introduced.
Zechariah 9:9
The Coming King
“Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
this occured exactly prophesied as even the people rejoiced At the coming king, who a week later was hung on a cross, hence fulfilling the prophecy at the end of the 69 week shall be messiah the prince,who after this will be cut off

2. if the 70th week started as you say, then he was cut off in the middle of that week, and we still had 4 years to go after his death, nothing happened on this date not to mention, nothing else that was prophesied occurred, we have unfulfilled prophecy then claim it is fulfilled. This should be a major warning that something is wrong

3. is it possible to bring 69 weeks to the cross? Most definitely, if we go back to the true date of the command to restor Jerusalem, we can know exactly when it would be, and we can determine the 69th week ended when Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey. This is WHY Jesus wept over Jerusalem and told them, if only they know known the time of his coming, which they should have, but now it will be hidden from them

this is also why Jews reject Daniel as a prophet. Because according to them, 70 weeks came and went, and messiah did not show up, they rejected Jesus,

1. all flesh was never threatened in ad 70
2. It is for the elect. Whoever endures will be saved, and enter the kingdom age with Christ, we are told the lost or those who sided with Satan will be killed. Their flesh shall be eaten with birds for over a year,
3. The time of jacobs trouble is a time of Gods wrath, where jacob (Isreal) will be spared and protected. And at the end of this, she will repent and be saved,

one of the things to occure at the end of the 70 weeks is Israel has put away her sin, that is the point of jacobs trouble, even Paul mentions this, all Israel will be saved, he warns us gentiles not be be puffed up and boast against them. There is a reason he has always kept a remnant of people who were not blinded. So he could restor their sight, and as the prophet say, when this happens the whole world rejoices and knows their God is the one true God,

sorry brother,I can not look to prophecy and see what you see,
No one can see it because it is still future.

If you wait for the 8 day triumphant entry, you have missed 3.5 years of earthly ministry that Jesus Christ literal took part in. Placing the 70th week at the Cross gives us only 3.5 days of the 70th week. Is that your view? Where is the whole 7 years then? Do you give it to Satan?

The end of the Nations, 1400 years prior to the Cross was the 8 day, triumphant defeat of Jericho, and the establishment of Israel as a nation sent from God.

The week of the Cross started out as an 8 day triumph. It turned into the Messiah being cut off. The church was given Stewardship.

The 7th Trumpet is the final 8 day week. But it too is subject to being cut in half by a 42 month period of Satan being in control.

If you reject the baptism of Jesus as the beginning of the 70th week, then you are going to fail to see the Second Coming starting prior to and ending with the 7th Trumpet.

These years of the physical presence of God on the earth can only describe the accomplishment of Daniel's 70th week. Palm Sunday was a miserable failure in that regard.

"for your holy city for putting an end to the transgression, for making an end of sin, for forgiving iniquity, for bringing in everlasting justice, for setting the seal on vision and prophet, and for anointing the Especially Holy Place"

Yes Christ started this at His baptism. It will not be completed until the 7th Trumpet.

“There will be no more delay; on the contrary, in the days of the sound from the seventh angel when he sounds his shofar, the hidden plan of God will be brought to completion, the Good News as he proclaimed it to his servants the prophets.”

This is comparing Daniel 9 with Revelation 10. John claims completion of Daniel's (and others) Good News (what they wrote in the OT) will finally be fulfilled.

The 7th Trumpet is the final week of 8 days that ends the 70th week. That means all 7 years happen between the baptism of Jesus and the sound of the 7th Trumpet. Which 7 years is what is being debated. God tells Daniel that God Himself determines those 7 years. God being the center of the 7 years should mean that God is present on earth the exact length of time necessary to claim an end to these years, even if that means the full 7 years is never realized. God does not need all 7, but the 7th Trumpet is the end, no matter what defines those 7 years.