Prince Harry & Meghan Markle, An Adulterous Marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I removed US law, now you have God's word's below, now what ya gonna do for the GUY that wants a Harem of women, and professes to be in the kingdom of Jesus Christ?

God clearly defines marriage as between a Man and woman as seen below.

It's not a matter of what you think about anyone, you don't set the standards, God does.

Matthew 19:4-6 below couldn't read any more clear, basic and simple.

One Man And One Woman, Twain/Two become one flesh, clear, simple And Easy To Read.

God's word does not state and "Three Become One Flesh", biblically your recommendation to the pastor was not sound in the light of presented scripture.

Matthew 19:4-6KJV
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Sadly you are showing your true strips and they are not pretty.

Go and have a good day now you hear me.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly you are showing your true strips and they are not pretty.

Go and have a good day now you hear me.
I sorta thought that's how it was gonna end, God's the boss and one wife per coupon, no rain checks.

Jesus Is Lord

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I sorta thought that's how it was gonna end, God's the boss and one wife per coupon, no rain checks.

Jesus Is Lord
Oh you are a righteous ba…. as well, with no understanding.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the unbelieving depart, they are "Separated".

It does not instruct remarriage while the spouse is living.

To be married to another while the spouse lives is adultery.

1 Corinthians 7:10-16KJV
10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
15 But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
If a spouse departs in separation, they are yet married, and both are to remain single, but if an unbelieving spouse seeks and obtains an unBiblical divorce, the believer "is not bound" and may find a believing wife or husband. Taken all together, that seems to be the picture.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engelson lives.

Romans 7:1-3KJV
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry
Oh hogwash......the circumstances for her divorce was abuse and God never wants a woman to stay with a man that does that....divorce is permitted in the Bible....bound by legalism....mercy!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a spouse departs in separation, they are yet married, and both are to remain single, but if an unbelieving spouse seeks and obtains an unBiblical divorce, the believer "is not bound" and may find a believing wife or husband. Taken all together, that seems to be the picture.
Truth In Love.

You have added to scripture, no place does it state that the spouse can remarry, after what you claim is the unbiblical divorce.

If a person is married while their spouse lives this is adultery.

Example: The unbelieving man puts away/divorces a Christian wife?

Luke 16:18 below does not ask the question if the husband and wife are saved or unsaved, two become one flesh for all humans.

If the wife remarries she trades the name Christian for Adultress, as Romans 7:1-3 also states below.

Luke 16:18KJV
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and
whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh hogwash......the circumstances for her divorce was abuse and God never wants a woman to stay with a man that does that....divorce is permitted in the Bible....bound by legalism....mercy!
God's word isn't hogwash, It's what will judge man eternally.

God hasn't taken the 21st century politically correct 101 course yet.

God clearly defines (Meghan Engelson's) marriage below, she is not married to Prince Harry in God's eyes, as her husband (Trevor Engelson) lives.

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engelson lives.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry

7t7,

How do those 3 verses from Rom 7 harmonise with Jesus' teaching from the Sermon on the Mount:

'But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery' (Matt 5:32 NLT)?​

Oz

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The scripture talks about marriage, not a woman leaving in separation from abuse.

If a woman is married to another man while her husband lives, she shall be called an adultress, simple.

Is that hard to receive and understand, God's standard of truth hasn't changed.

I'm not the bad Guy, God The Holy Spirit Wrote What You Are Reading.

7t7,

However, you are cherry-picking verses that appeal to your cause and avoiding others from the Sermon on the Mount and Paul's writings that disagree with your perspective.

You've missed the truth of Matt 19:8-9 (NLT):

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.​

Oz

Reactions: Helen

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7t7,

How do those 3 verses from Rom 7 harmonise with Jesus' teaching from the Sermon on the Mount:

'But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery' (Matt 5:32 NLT)?​

Oz
The sermon on the mount has no association to God's instruction on marriage, and the definition of adultery.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7t7,

However, you are cherry-picking verses that appeal to your cause and avoiding others from the Sermon on the Mount and Paul's writings that disagree with your perspective.

You've missed the truth of Matt 19:8-9 (NLT):

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended. 9 And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful.​

Oz
Who is arguing that a Christian can divorce a spouse for the unfaithful act of "Fornication"
Which is clearly instructed as permissible for "Divorce"

The Holy Bible Allows For Biblical Divorce, And Separation, It Does Not Allow For Remarriage While The Spouse Lives, Simple :)

No place in the Holy Bible is a living human person allowed "Biblically" to be married to another, while the spouse lives.

Your claim of the sermon on the mount has no relationship to marriage and adultery.

Divorce for fornication, isn't a liscense to remarry while the spouse lives.

After this divorce, the spouse must remain separate or rejoin the living spouse if things change.

God isn't into the 21st century anything goes in marriage, his word was the same 2,000 years ago, as it is today in this end times apostate world and church.

P.S Nice Baramundi, I Love To Fish In Southern California, Largemouth Bass, Yellowtail, Tuna, Etc.

Last edited:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!

I’ve never cared less for a thread topic.........like never.

Been here over 12 years

Stunning

Reactions: Helen

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The sermon on the mount has no association to God's instruction on marriage, and the definition of adultery.

So, 'wife' in this context has no association with being married? You must be joking!

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus taught,

You have heard the law that says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’ 32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery(Matt 5:31-32 NLT).​

It is a rational statement to affirm that the use of 'wife' and 'marries' in these 2 verses applies to the Sermon on the Mount and teaching on marriage, remarriage and divorce.

Oz

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, 'wife' in this context has no association with being married? You must be joking!

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus taught,

You have heard the law that says, ‘A man can divorce his wife by merely giving her a written notice of divorce.’ 32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, unless she has been unfaithful, causes her to commit adultery. And anyone who marries a divorced woman also commits adultery(Matt 5:31-32 NLT).​

It is a rational statement to affirm that the use of 'wife' and 'marries' in these 2 verses applies to the Sermon on the Mount and teaching on marriage, remarriage and divorce.

Oz
I apologize, Matthew 5 does definitely state conditions of marriage.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Holy Bible Allows For Biblical Divorce, And Separation, It Does Not Allow For Remarriage While The Spouse Lives, Simple :)

No place in the Holy Bible is a living human person allowed "Biblically" to be married to another, while the spouse lives....

P.S Nice Baramundi, I Love To Fish In Southern California, Largemouth Bass, Yellowtail, Tuna, Etc.

7t7

That is not what Matt 19:9 teaches:
  • 'And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful' (NLT). Do you know what the word 'unless' means?
  • Another translation reads: ' I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” (NIV).
  • ESV: 'And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery'.
  • KJV: 'And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery'.
Unless =except = exception.

Whoever divorces his wife for any another reason than committing adultery/sexual immorality causes him or her to commit adultery with remarriage if he/she divorced for unbiblical reasons.

The Scripture gives the exception that if the divorce was caused by one who committed adultery and one who did not, the one who didn't commit adultery leading to divorce, is free to remarry - without causing the sin of adultery. The exception clause!

That's what the exception clause means. One is imposing on Scripture if the 'except' is eliminated in interpretation.

From where in the NT did you get the idea from the that, 'No place in the Holy Bible is a living human person allowed "Biblically" to be married to another, while the spouse lives'.

I've been a Christian for 56 years and have read the Bible through many times, but I've never read that condition to remain single after divorce if the divorced spouse is still alive. Please provide the evidence.

Yes, that's a mighty good sized barra, caught in north Qld. Here's a video of the boys out fishing for barramundi in the fresh water end of the Ross River that runs through Townsville, Qld: HERE.

Oz

Last edited:
Reactions: Butterfly

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7t7

That is not what Matt 19:9 teaches:
  • 'And I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery—unless his wife has been unfaithful' (NLT). Do you know what the word 'unless' means?
  • Another translation reads: ' I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” (NIV).
  • ESV: 'And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery'.
  • KJV: 'And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery'.
Unless =except = exception.

Whoever divorces his wife for any another reason than committing adultery/sexual immorality causes him or her to commit adultery with remarriage if he/she divorced for unbiblical reasons.

The Scripture gives the exception that if the divorce was caused by one who committed adultery and one who did not, the one who didn't commit adultery leading to divorce, is free to remarry - without causing the sin of adultery. The exception clause!

That's what the exception clause means. One is imposing on Scripture if the 'except' is eliminated in interpretation.

From where in the NT did you get the idea from the that, 'No place in the Holy Bible is a living human person allowed "Biblically" to be married to another, while the spouse lives'.

I've been a Christian for 56 years and have read the Bible through many times, but I've never read that condition to remain single after divorce if the divorced spouse is still alive. Please provide the evidence.

Yes, that's a mighty good sized barra, caught in north Qld. Here's a video of the boys out fishing for barramundi in the fresh water end of the Ross River the runs through Townsville, Qld: HERE.

Oz
No it does not say a person can remarry after a divorce, while the spouse lives, a teaching in error.

As discussed a person can divorce for "Fornication" or sexual misconduct.

No place does scripture allow for remarriage while the spouse lives.

Example: A Christian Woman has a husband that is sexually unfaithful, she or he divorces?

Both are to remain unmarried until death, or join back together.

Appears We will disagree.

Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Last edited:

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No it does not say a person can remarry after a divorce, while the spouse lives, a teaching in error.

As discussed a person can divorce for "Fornication" or sexual misconduct.

No place does scripture allow for remarriage while the spouse lives.

Example: A Christian Woman has a husband that is sexually unfaithful, she or he divorces?

Both are to remain unmarried until death, or join back together.

Appears We will disagree.

7t7,

Now read Matt 19:8-10 (NIV).

In my understanding, you are avoiding the context with your interpretation of Rom 7:1-4 (NIV):

Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.​

There are too many textual and contextual issues in these 4 verses to discuss on a forum like this. I refer you to Douglas Moo’s extensive commentary on The Epistle to the Romans (The New International Commentary on the New Testament), and especially Rom 7:1-4.

This we know from the context of Rom 7 in Rom 6:14 (NIV) that ‘For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace’. Since the Christian is no longer under law, what are the implications of Rom 7:1-4 (NIV) for divorce and remarriage while one spouse is still alive?

However, if I accept your interpretation of Rom 7:1-3 (KJV), I have a massive clash with the meaning of Matt 5:17-19 (NIV).

Since Christians are ‘not under the law’, the requirement of the law in Rom 7:1-3 does not apply. The law has been superseded by the teaching of Matt 19:8-10.

Oz

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7t7,

Now read Matt 19:8-10 (NIV).

In my understanding, you are avoiding the context with your interpretation of Rom 7:1-4 (NIV):

Do you not know, brothers and sisters—for I am speaking to those who know the law—that the law has authority over someone only as long as that person lives? 2 For example, by law a married woman is bound to her husband as long as he is alive, but if her husband dies, she is released from the law that binds her to him. 3 So then, if she has sexual relations with another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress. But if her husband dies, she is released from that law and is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.​

There are too many textual and contextual issues in these 4 verses to discuss on a forum like this. I refer you to Douglas Moo’s extensive commentary on The Epistle to the Romans (The New International Commentary on the New Testament), and especially Rom 7:1-4.

This we know from the context of Rom 7 in Rom 6:14 (NIV) that ‘For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace’. Since the Christian is no longer under law, what are the implications of Rom 7:1-4 (NIV) for divorce and remarriage while one spouse is still alive?

However, if I accept your interpretation of Rom 7:1-3 (KJV), I have a massive clash with the meaning of Matt 5:17-19 (NIV).

Since Christians are ‘not under the law’, the requirement of the law in Rom 7:1-3 does not apply. The law has been superseded by the teaching of Matt 19:8-10.

Oz
We will disagree :)

Exodus 20:14KJV
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We will disagree :)

Exodus 20:14KJV
Thou shalt not commit adultery.

You are repeating the same verses. I'm not a robot.

You have not dealt with the issues I raised in #57.