Prince Harry & Meghan Markle, An Adulterous Marriage?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engelson lives.

Romans 7:1-3KJV
1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, yes............. Good to see you doing the work the lord gave you.
Hebrews 4:12KJV
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, if she was in an abusive marriage situation she should have stayed in that abusive marriage?

(Of course if she's not a born again christian it makes no difference anyway.)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, if she was in an abusive marriage situation she should have stayed in that abusive marriage?

(Of course if she's not a born again christian it makes no difference anyway.)
The scripture talks about marriage, not a woman leaving in separation from abuse.

If a woman is married to another man while her husband lives, she shall be called an adultress, simple.

Is that hard to receive and understand, God's standard of truth hasn't changed.

I'm not the bad Guy, God The Holy Spirit Wrote What You Are Reading.

1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Edward VIII
In 1931, then known as the Prince of Wales, Edward met and fell in love with American socialite Wallis Simpson. After George V's death, the prince became King Edward VIII. However, because his marriage to Simpson, an American divorcée, was forbidden,Edward abdicated the throne after ruling for less than a year.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truth7t7 You are a hard nosed legalist. :D

But, never the less I like you anyway. :)

Now, if I saw many many one eyed, or one handed Christians around...THEN I would know that they really take the bible word for word....but I have never seen ONE!!!
Two many just pick and choose "which parts" they condemn in others....but they always have more grace for their own lives than the lives of others.

Make sure you dot all your i's and cross all your T's.....for he that breaks one law has broken them all.

So "stay perfect" my friend. ;)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truth7t7 You are a hard nosed legalist. :D

But, never the less I like you anyway. :)

Now, if I saw many many one eyed, or one handed Christians around...THEN I would know that they really take the bible word for word....but I have never seen ONE!!!
Two many just pick and choose "which parts" they condemn in others....but they always have more grace for their own lives than the lives of others.

Make sure you dot all your i's and cross all your T's.....for he that breaks one law has broken them all.

So "stay perfect" my friend. ;)
2 Timothy 4:1-3KJV
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Question?

As you read the Scripture Below, And You Are Fully Aware Of Meghan's Marital Status (Trevor Engelson) former husband is Living?

Is The Marriage Between Harry And Meghan Adultery?

"Yes" or "No"?

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question?

As you read the Scripture Below, And You Are Fully Aware Of Meghan's Marital Status (Trevor Engleson) Lives.

"Yes" or "No"?

My short version.

The "marriage vows" have Mark 10. "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Neither were Christians when she married...GOD has nothing to do with the marriages of none Christians.
So I do not see that God comes into the equation with Harry and Meghan at all.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My short version.

The "marriage vows" have Mark 10. "What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."

Neither were Christians when she married...GOD has nothing to do with the marriages of none Christians.
God's short version, that applies to all humans on earth.

Luke 16:18KJV
Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

Matthew 19:3-8KJV
3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
7 They say unto him, Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorta sad to see Prince Harry getting involved in an adulterous marriage, as Meghan Markles husband Trevor Engelson lives.

FOXNEWS

Published May 19, 2018
Meghan Markle's ex-husband reportedly skips the country ahead of her wedding to Prince Harry
Hi,

Thank you. You make a very good point. I have always wondered how Christians get around that passage with all the divorces and re-marriages that are going on. I would add 1 Cor. 7:10–15 to your passage also.

What is your churches doctrine on this matter?

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My short version.

Hi BG,

I may be misunderstanding you. If so, I apologize:

Meghan rushed to get BAPTIZED before their wedding. Their marriage was held in a Christian church and performed by a ordained Christian pastor.

How is it that you 'do not see that God comes into the equation with Harry and Meghan'? After all they are both Christians. Wasn't their Christian marriage blessed by their Christian church which meets the criteria of it being blessed by God?

Mary

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture talks about marriage, not a woman leaving in separation from abuse.

If a woman is married to another man while her husband lives, she shall be called an adultress, simple.

Is that hard to receive and understand, God's standard of truth hasn't changed.

I'm not the bad Guy, God The Holy Spirit Wrote What You Are Reading.

Edward VIII
In 1931, then known as the Prince of Wales, Edward met and fell in love with American socialite Wallis Simpson. After George V's death, the prince became King Edward VIII. However, because his marriage to Simpson, an American divorcée, was forbidden,Edward abdicated the throne after ruling for less than a year.

I guess it all boil's down to What God See's, When Issac Married Rebekah, was there a wedding? NO! Issac took Rebekah and that was that! When Jacob fell in Love with Rachel, He worked 7 years for Her Hand, and then Laban slipped Leah into His tent, there was a wedding feast, BUT, OOPS, Leah is His wife, and after the week of marriage Jacob get's Rachel, AAHH, married again,and again, and again, My point is What Consummates a Marriage? I believe that when a Man and a Woman partake in the act of Intimacy, they become One Flesh in the Eye's of God! Yes we have a Tradition of being Joined together with the Wedding Ceremony, with a priest, Pastor or Justice of the Peace, and that is all well and good, BUT, Harry was sorta permissive with women before, So where do we draw the line. Remember WE ALL HAVE HAD OUR PAST, and Hopefully been Forgiven. There is BUT One Unforgivable Sin, and that is also Scripture! Remember the woman caught in the very act of Adultery, Our Savior asked her where are your Accusers, not one of them was without sin, So He said, Go your way and sin no more.
Please leave Judgment to the Lord!!!

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 4:1-3KJV
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Question?

As you read the Scripture Below, And You Are Fully Aware Of Meghan's Marital Status (Trevor Engelson) former husband is Living?

"Yes" or "No"?

I find it somewhat amusing that there are those that are apposed to the Law in the NT Faith, For Paul is referring to the Law in Roman's, and Our Savior refer's to the same in Mark,So where is the Grace that Shield's us from the Judgement of the Law, If We repent then are we freed from the Judgement of the Law??

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Meghan rushed to get BAPTIZED before their wedding. Their marriage was held in a Christian church and performed by a ordained Christian pastor.

Getting baptized does not make you a Christian.
Getting married in a Christian church does not make you a Christian.
A performance by a Christian pastor does not make you a Christian.

The only thing that would make those two Christians is if they were "Born Again".

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My short version.

SSOOOOOOO,OOOOOOO LOL, I Guess that all Jewish Wedding are nul and void, they are not Christians, I KNOW just being Me.LOL

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are not Christians it would make no difference.
Your stating that they are not saved and going to hell, so what makes the difference?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess it all boil's down to What God See's, When Issac Married Rebekah, was there a wedding? NO! Issac took Rebekah and that was that! When Jacob fell in Love with Rachel, He worked 7 years for Her Hand, and then Laban slipped Leah into His tent, there was a wedding feast, BUT, OOPS, Leah is His wife, and after the week of marriage Jacob get's Rachel, AAHH, married again,and again, and again, My point is What Consummates a Marriage? I believe that when a Man and a Woman partake in the act of Intimacy, they become One Flesh in the Eye's of God! Yes we have a Tradition of being Joined together with the Wedding Ceremony, with a priest, Pastor or Justice of the Peace, and that is all well and good, BUT, Harry was sorta permissive with women before, So where do we draw the line. Remember WE ALL HAVE HAD OUR PAST, and Hopefully been Forgiven. There is BUT One Unforgivable Sin, and that is also Scripture! Remember the woman caught in the very act of Adultery, Our Savior asked her where are your Accusers, not one of them was without sin, So He said, Go your way and sin no more.
Please leave Judgment to the Lord!!!
The Lord has already given the definition and judgment of adultery, It's written in the Holy bible.

If you are a thief, you repent and don't steal any longer.

If you are an adulterer, you repent and divorce the person who is not your spouse, and remain single or rejoin the lawful spouse.

Pretty simple :)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Getting baptized does not make you a Christian.
Getting married in a Christian church does not make you a Christian.
A performance by a Christian pastor does not make you a Christian.

The only thing that would make those two Christians is if they were "Born Again".
You mean repent, get divorced, leave the adulterous relationship, and become a born again christian?